3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   December Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/316380-december-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Newlyn 12-03-2018 01:29 PM

SW: 266
GW: 260

1: 265.5 New low!
2: 266 Of course it went up today! This was pre-bathroom though so I'll take it.
3: 266 Pre-bathroom again. This is somehow becoming a thing. Glad I'm sticking and not gaining though.

Lacerta 12-03-2018 06:56 PM

Ophelia: Ok, this is going to sound totally creepy, but I actually had a dream the other night where i went looking for you to see if you were ok. I'm not a creepy stalker, I promise!!! But I am very glad to see you back, as I find your posts and progress very motivating. Well done to both you and momtopands on getting back on the horse and coming back to us all. We are all human, so we all fail on this weight loss journey once in a while, but getting back to it instead of giving up is how you succeed in the long run. Way to go to both of you. And you get bonus points for coming back in December, before New Year's Resolution time.

Newlyn: The good thing is that one of these days, it won't be pre-bathroom and you'll have a whoosh and see a new low again. Yay!

Week One
01: 210.0
02: 210.0
03: 210.0
04:
05:
06:
07:
---------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Hmmm...I detect a pattern here. I know I don't normally lose any weight between the 1st and the 10th, but I do usually have some fluctuation. Looks like I might be weighing in with my cat Wacko tomorrow to get the scale to budge. On the other hand, it isn't going up either, so that is a good thing, considering I'm a little sore from shoveling snow AND mom invited me over last night for roast beef with mashed potatoes and asparagus, which just happens to be my favorite meal. I admit, I had seconds, but ONLY on the asparagus, so I did good, but I still ate a lot, so I'm not really surprised not to be down today. But in the past, I would have had seconds of everything, because it is SO GOOD.

I was proud of myself for getting on the treadmill on Saturday and walking 3 miles. For some reason, I find I can walk outside without having to force myself to go, but if the weather is bad, or I work late enough I'd have to walk in the dark, which I don't like doing, I have a MUCH harder time making myself walk on the treadmill, even though I can watch TV while doing that. I'm going to put my walking shoes on and go again right after I finish posting.

opheliaphoenix 12-03-2018 07:40 PM

momtopands: Here's to us both getting back on track and finishing 2018 on a stronger note! :high:

Newlyn: I hope you get some movement down tomorrow. :crossed:

Lacerta: That's actually pretty funny/neat! There must have been some alignment in the universe for me to come back this week...I will take that as a good sign. ;) And, great job on sticking to the asparagus for seconds and getting in those miles! :running:

---------------------------------------

Weigh-in was down to 181.2 today, but I'm not taking that number as gospel just starting out. I haven't been drinking enough water for the past few months, so just getting in a decent amount might be helping, but it could just as easily pop back up tomorrow. I always take the first week or two back on board with a grain of salt...still wanting to log everything in the meantime, though!

Week One
01: NWI.
02: 183.2
03: 181.2
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Lacerta 12-04-2018 11:03 AM

Week One
04: 210.2
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

So my scale actually said 210.0 AGAIN this morning and my cat didn't want to be picked up, so I now know how much a gallon of milk weighs (about 9 pounds). After resetting my scale by holding that while weighing in, I got on again, and it said 210.2. Sure, whatever. At any rate, I'm basically maintaining, which is what I expected for this week.

Follena 12-04-2018 11:46 AM

Since I just started low-carb, I'm going to lose all my water weight first ...

SW: 190
CW: 187
GW: 185

Newlyn 12-04-2018 03:19 PM

2: 266 Of course it went up today! This was pre-bathroom though so I'll take it.
3: 266 Pre-bathroom again. This is somehow becoming a thing. Glad I'm sticking and not gaining though.
4: 266.5 Pre-bathroom and I'm sick.

opheliaphoenix 12-04-2018 05:20 PM

Just a quick check-in for me, because I have to go get ready for an evening class...so, I'm saying hi to everyone all at once! :wave:

As for my weigh-in this afternoon, it's a mystery. :shrug: I ended up pulling an all-nighter last night to make out my first full draft of my research paper, and I ended up going on a full-on binge with some snacks. Over 1k cals worth over the course of the night! :o So, I'm not sure if me drinking TONS of water yesterday, in addition to having several cups of green tea and doing well otherwise throughout the day, just helped whoosh a LOT of bloat....oooor, if my scale was just having a mental crisis this afternoon. :lol: It said 177.4, and I tried moving it around a bit and stepping on it a couple of times because there was such a difference from yesterday. I'm logging it for now, but I am not taking it seriously until tomorrow. It's possible that I could have just been way more bloated than I thought I was from being off the wagon, but the size of the drop is highly suspicious and likely inaccurate. I'm thinking I will definitely show a bump back up on the scale come tomorrow.

Week One
04: 177.4 ...?
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Lacerta 12-05-2018 10:30 AM

ophelia: I bet you had a lot of water weight and that at least most of that loss sticks around. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Newlyn: Sorry to hear you are sick. Feel better soon.

Follena: Enjoy the starting whoosh

Week One
05: 210.4
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Still basically just holding steady. Halfway through the busy time at work. 5 more days to go.

Newlyn 12-05-2018 11:18 AM

4: 266.5 Pre-bathroom and I'm sick.
5: 267 Sick in bed now so I'm not surprised it's up.

Sorry for the lack of personals - I can barely keep my eyes open.

opheliaphoenix 12-05-2018 02:27 PM

Lacerta: You were right about keeping most of it...hoping it continues to stick so I can move downward from here, lol. Hoping the next 5 days go by quickly for you, btw! :running:

Newlyn: I hope you feel better ASAP! :crossed:

Weigh-in was back up a bit, but not as much as I expected...scale said 177.8. I was OP with the cals, but didn't get in any activity and was low on the water. Going to shoot for fully on-plan with everything today! :yes:

Week One
04: 177.4
05: 177.8
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Follena 12-05-2018 04:35 PM

CW: 185.4
GW: 182

I quit smoking almost 3 weeks ago and now I'm re-starting low-carb. Yesterday I drove home from work and felt ... sober. LOL

opheliaphoenix 12-05-2018 09:32 PM

Follena: Great job quitting smoking! :cheer3:

Lacerta 12-06-2018 10:42 AM

Newlyn: 2 days of sick is all you get. You will feel better today. I have decreed it.

ophelia: Woohoo. I knew it was going to be largely water weight. See, you've already lost more than a quarter of what you gained. You'll be back down into the 160s again in no time. Also, I see in the "Let's get to goal weight" thread that I am now where you started this year. I have to say that even with your setback, I hope I do as well in 2019 as you did in 2018. Even the weight you started the month at, water bloat included, you are still down almost 30 pounds for the year. That's AWESOME! And you still have all month to make that number even better. I bet you end up 40+. If I could lose another 40 in 2019, I'll be THRILLED, even though it won't put me at goal weight. So don't feel bad about the last few months. Once this water weight is done coming off, I bet you find that you were not that far off maintaining. And maintaining for a few months isn't a bad thing at all. You gave your body time to adjust to being this size. I bet you are able to lose the next 20 much easier than if you had just continued over the fall. And look how far you have come this year. You'll start the new year heading in the right direction and with a lot less ground left to cover than you had a year ago.

Follena: Amazing. Quitting smoking and losing weight. Sounds like you are committed to making a significant lifestyle change for a new, healthier you. Way to go. Stick with it, you're doing great.

Week One
05: 210.4
06: 210.2
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Still just holding steady. I'm good with that. 5 more days to get through, and then I'll probably have a good whoosh. But I never lose anything when I'm working these long shifts, and often gain a bit, so I'll take holding steady.

Follena 12-06-2018 11:48 AM

CW: 185
GW: 182

Thanks so much Ophelia and Lacerta. Yes, a new life. I suffered some losses over the past 5 years that put me in quite a funk. But we all suffer losses in life and once we're done feeling crappy, we have to pull ourselves out and get busy living!! Here's to a wonderful happy month of weight loss for us all.

opheliaphoenix 12-06-2018 12:50 PM

Lacerta: You always seem to know what to say to keep things in perspective...it's so much harder for us to look at our own progress with objective eyes than it is to see others' ups and downs I think, so I appreciate it! Thank you. :hug:

Follena: Agreed, I say cheers to a good month for us all! :cheers:

Weigh-in was 176.6 today. Yesterday was OP with food and average/alright on the water, but I never did get a workout in. I have classes again today, but I'm hoping to squeeze in a workout this afternoon. This cold weather has me wanting to just curl up and nap all the time, so that's not helping with the getting back on track activity-wise. :lol:

Week One
04: 177.4
05: 177.8
06: 176.6
07:
Total Loss for Week One: