Old 09-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #61  

This weigh in isn't what I wanted but 0.2 is better then nothing or going up I guess. I've set some rewards for myself for when I get to certain weights, my first one is at 299, I will have lost 34 pounds and I want to get myself one of the scales that measures you fat and lean mass; my mom thinks it's stupid but whatever lol I need something to keep me motivated, I really don't care about anything but how I look, but I've always been fat so I don't know what a smaller me would even look like so it's not much motivation for me.
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Riestrella: to the cartwheels threatening to end your life It is my pup in the pic; her name is Loki and she loves long walks in the woods haha. Now that the weather isn’t so terrible, we can actually go for long strolls again! I hope shark week gets a little gentler and glad to hear you enjoyed your anniversary! Are you following any specific training program for your 5K? I told myself once I got to 50lbs down I would give running a shot again (at my highest it was too painful on the shins and knees).

Weigh-in today was 247.6. Hoping to continue the trend this month to make up for last months stall. NSV: with the rainy weather moving in, I found out that my raincoat that used to be snug (very generous term) in the hips now fits with room to spare and I can just about fit comfortable into my favorite rain coat i've never been able to close.. maybe in another month
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #63  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I did the "read for 2 hours then workout" thing today, and I really liked it! I'll definitely make a habit of it. I have a lot of reading to get done before a 2 pm class tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to take a break for exercise. I should be able to if I wake up early. I've been getting up at around 7, but I'm going to try pushing that earlier. The only problem is I don't want to wake up so early that I'm all tired out by the time my evening classes roll around. Decisions, decisions. I'll probably just need to make Mon and Wed my rest days. Taking a break after a couple of hours to exercise doesn't fit in well on those days.

Kayjay - Welcome back! Some food habits can be so hard to give up. Good luck! For me, my brain wants cheese, Marcona almonds, and dried figs. I'd eat that nearly every day if it weren't so many calories!

Cattails - That's so exciting that you hit 129, congrats! There have been a few times when I didn't care about gaining weight, and all of those times had something in common-- I didn't weigh. So I know what you mean about trouble starting when you stop. I can also do fine not weighing though. It doesn't lead me to gaining weight, but it makes it easier for me to gain weight if I've already decided not to care. So I think if I get hit with that "giving up" feeling, I'll make myself weigh! That way, I'll at least see the damage very clearly and maybe that'll encourage me to care again.

somedaysunny - Motivation and keeping your head in the game are so important for weight loss, so I think you're right on the money picking out rewards that will do that for you.

RunningRedHead - That's a great NSV, congrats! Loki's a great name.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-11-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Chunkahlunkah: Thank you! I think she lives up to her name sometimes Glad to hear you were able to get your reading and your workout in yesterday. What are you in school for? It sounds like you're doing a great job working out a schedule that works for you. I totally hear you about waking up os early that you're exhausted by the time evening classes/work/plans roll around.

SW: 248.9
9/7: 248.4
GW: 240

Week 2:
9/8: 248.8 (+0.4)
9/9: 248.8 (+/-0)
9/10: 247.6 (-1.2)
9/11: 246.9 (-0.7)
9/12:
9/13:
9/14:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #65  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

So far, I'm stuck at the same weight from last week. I haven't been strict with my eating. Tonight I have plans for beer and pizza bc why not . I should be able to stay within my calorie goal for the week so long as I stick to 1 slice and 1 beer.

RunningRedHead - I'm doing a PhD in English. LOL at her living up to her name sometimes. Easy to forgive though, I bet, since she's as cute as Tom Hiddleston. Great job this week!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #66  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Riestrella great to see you back. This place doesn’t feel right without your challenges. Ive Been flip flopping for months trying to get to 130 so that will be my goal.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

!

I'm late entering my stats for this week but for what it's worth the needle did not budge. The transfer center I work in is being remodeled and between handling all of the logistical stuff and meetings nearly every day, I'm . Eating and exercise has been non-existent so I'm grateful that I've managed to maintain my starting weight instead of gaining. to those who are seeing progress and never surrender for the rest of us
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #68  

The scale has finally went down some today! I hope for the best tomorrow lol
Old 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm not off to a great start for this contest. I've been stuck at almost the exact same weight for 2 weeks now. I think I'm experiencing my first plateau. I did get to post an exciting 0.4 pound loss this week but was really expecting more. Hopefully I can break through this plateau soon and get the scale moving downward again.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #70  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I am a tad bit late to the party, but ready to join in! Thank you, Riestrella, for setting this up. I so enjoy your contests!

As I read through all the posts, it becomes quite evident that we all want to lose and that we never really gave up in the first place. I am jumping back in after a three week sugar fest which resulted in a 12 pound gain! I was so upset this morning that I could hardly begin to develop a plan. I took a long drive and decided that modified no sugar, no flour would be the way to stop this binge in its tracks.

I see some people on other threads using Bright Line Eating...I just remember a Dr. Gott who wrote about this addiction many years ago. Anyone here have experience with either program?

I had been on Medifast and lost 23 pounds starting June 5, doing great, no cravings...and then I watched my 5 year old granddaughter for 10 days and I let all my intentions go by the wayside. I feel horrible, frumpy and depressed.. How do you all get through the mental madness of starting again?

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-16-2018 at 09:32 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #71  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

This is going very, very slowly, but the scale has shown me 128 a couple times so I'm taking it. I'd like to be as close to 120 as I can, to have plenty of wiggle room, and trimming a little more off my waist would be nice. I've really been meaning to get back into regular exercise - yoga and body weight moves, weight lifting. I've been so darn tired lately and really struggling to keep this migraine from pulling my head apart. Probably I need the extra rest but it is frustrating to be so exhausted when I'm doing so little. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

SW: 130
CW: 128
GW: 123

Lacerta, I agree, plateaus are the worst! But you have been tackling this weight loss thing with so much success - keep on keeping on and take joy in how great you are looking and feeling in your smaller clothes!

Nice going, Chunkah, on finding the best way to fit exercise into your schedule!

Welcome, MorningGlory, and congrats on those 23 lbs. lost. It is so easy to let life derail your plans, and often so hard to get back on track. I don't know what the key is but you are in the right place! I too have a sugar demon riding my shoulder that puts me up to all kinds of excesses if I'm not careful. Bright Line Eating looks really sensible and effective - I've never heard of it before but it is similar to the South Beach diet woe, which is what I follow for the most part.

Kudos to all making progress! Keep up the good fight, everyone; if you are staying in the fight, you are succeeding!

Last edited by Cattails; 09-16-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:58 AM   #72  

Not counting this mornings weigh in so I'll do it tomorrow. I have been up all night having a gallbladder attack and threw up several times. My nights been pretty bad and I had to get up even earlier this morning to study for a test because I couldn't focus last night when I was in pain, it started about 7:30 and went until about 4 this morning hardcore but it's manageable now.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #73  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been missing for a while! The day before I was going to leave for Colorado (Wednesday 12th) I got some stomach issues. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I ate an egg sandwich and then suddenly was on the toilet so it could have been bad eggs. I felt run down and nauseous for most of the day, which again, could've been food related but it also could have been pre-travel jitters. I think I have an over active mind and can easily get sick, especially when a flight is involved. It's so annoying because it's not like I choose to feel like crap!

Since I arrived I think I've been fighting off one heck of a cold that I might have been developing before I left, but probably made worse by the flight. I've been taking some vitamins and my FIL offered me a probiotic pill to take and I've been taking that once a day. It definitely has helped with my stomach problems, especially since the morning after I landed I woke up in a cold sweat feeling nauseous again. I've noticed since taking the probiotic my appetite has gone way down, which could be the cold I'm fighting off? I dunno, my health overall has been a bit freaky for almost a week! I won't know for sure what happened until enough time has passed, but today I'm definitely feeling a cold is brewing. I kinda want to just stop taking vitamins and let it ruin me to get it over and done with, but I'm also on vacation and don't want to be stuck inside with a cold!

The wedding that I'm here in Colorado for was really nice. I got to get my makeup and hair done, which was awesome, and the day went by without any problems. On a personal level, I really hated seeing myself in pictures that I saw. It made me realise that I have to keep working hard and make sure that the for the next wedding I'm going to I won't feel as self conscious. My in-laws haven't said anything about my weight gain, they've treated me like normal which I appreciate, but obviously it's easy to see that I've ballooned a bit since they last saw me. Especially since my MIL has lost about 15 lbs and is tiny now. Seeing her eat so well and exercise has actually been kind of inspiring, because even though she was always thinner (maybe on the cusp of overweight but not by much), she's worked really hard to be healthy. Also, I think being in CO in general and seeing people eat a lot healthier is another wake up call! Even though it is kinda upsetting that I'm back in the 180's, back to obesity, I feel like I've got a lot to prove to myself and the people who know me. Even though my weight loss is for me and me alone, I can't deny that there'll be immense satisfaction from having people see the result of my hard work!

I'm gonna fill out my chart the best I can, since I haven't been weighing consistently, but the positive about being sick/lack of appetite is I've managed to lose weight while being here!

Week Two
09/10: 183.8 lbs
09/11: 184.6 lbs
09/12: 183.9 lbs
~Vacation to Colorado~
09/13: 182.4 lbs
09/14: 182.4 lbs
09/15: 182.4 lbs
09/16: 182.4 lbs

----------------------------------------
Avg Weight for Week One: 183.9 lbs
Avg Weight for Week Two: 183.2 lbs
Total Loss for Week Two:0.7 lbs

Week Three
09/17: 181.9 lbs
09/18:
09/19:
09/20:

~Home~
09/21:
09/22:
09/23:
Avg Weight for Week Three: 181.9 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three: 1.3 lbs

Spoiler
Starting Week
08/27: 183.9 lbs
08/28: 184.4 lbs
08/29: 183.9 lbs
08/30: 183.6 lbs
08/31: 183.6 lbs
09/01: 183.5 lbs
09/02: 185.6 lbs
Avg Weight for Starting Week: 184 lbs

Week One
09/03: 184.8 lbs
09/04: 185.8 lbs
09/05: 184.6 lbs
09/06: 183.8 lbs
09/07: 182.9 lbs
09/08: 182.8 lbs
09/09: 182.8 lbs
Total Loss for Week One: 0.1 lbs

Week Two
09/10: 183.8 lbs
09/11: 184.6 lbs
09/12: 183.9 lbs
~Vacation to Colorado~
09/13: 182.4 lbs
09/14: 182.4 lbs
09/15: 182.4 lbs
09/16: 182.4 lbs

Total Loss for Week Two:0.7 lbs

Week Three
09/17: 181.9 lbs
09/18:
09/19:
09/20:

09/21:
09/22:
09/23:
Avg Weight for Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
09/24:
09/25:
09/26:
09/27:
09/28:
09/29:
09/30:
Avg Weight for Week Four:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Week Five
10/01:
10/02:
10/03:
10/04:
10/05:
10/06:
10/07:
Avg Weight for Week Five:
Total Loss for Week Five:

Week Six
10/08:
10/09:
10/10:
10/11:
10/12:
10/13:
10/14:
Avg Weight for Week Six:
Total Loss for Week Six:

Week Seven
10/15:
10/16:
10/17:
10/18:
10/19:
10/20:
10/21:
Avg Weight for Week Seven:
Total Loss for Week Seven:

Week Eight
10/22:
10/23:
10/24:
10/25:
10/26:
10/27:
10/28:
Avg Weight for Week Eight:
Total Loss for Week Eight:

Halloween Week:
10/29:
10/30:
10/31:
11/01:
11/02:
11/03:
11/04:
Avg Weight for Halloween Week:
Total Loss for Halloween Week:

Challenge Starting Weight: 184 lbs
Halloween Weight:
Total Loss:
RunningRedHead - I'm following the Hal Higdon 5K Novice training kinda. I do 2 runs a week instead of 3, just so I can fit in more cross training! So I do the medium and long distance runs for the week and skip the short distance ones. Wow, huge congrats on your coat fitting you with room to spare! I can't wait for old clothes to fit again!! I'm too poor to buy new ones

somedaysunny - So sorry about your health problems! Hope you feel better soon!

Chunk - Woohoo, so glad that your new workout routine fits in with your needs! I think taking a break will be great for you both fitness wise and for your studies. Have you found a routine yet or are you still figuring out the nitty gritty?

skittles - Hi there, so great to see you back! Good luck with getting to your goal!

curvy - Eep, sorry that your work left you feeling drained! I'm glad you managed to maintain in such a tiring week, I know I probably would've turned to food for help! Good job!!

Lacerta - Glad to hear you're starting the contest off strong, keep it up!

MorningGlory - Great to see you and I'm so sorry that you're feeling out of sorts after your gain. Weight loss is as much a mental journey as it is just tweaking what we eat. Sugar is so dangerous, because it does release a rush that can become addictive. For me sometimes it's not so much my body needs sugar, but my mind wants it too. After regaining weight since my last Halloween challenge, I honestly just had to go back to basics. I had to forgive myself first and foremost that I had regained. Starting again with anger, sadness, regret is not a good way to start a weight loss journey. I don't want to say that I tried to forget that I lost weight before, because the skills I learned a beneficial to me, but I also had to learn about myself in a new way. I'm different now than who I was when I first joined 3FC, my life is completely different, so my goals and my techniques need to be different now too. It's sort of like working with a blank canvas and using your past work as a reference point, but you don't want to copy and paste what you did before, because this is a completely new painting. I do enjoy metaphors, sorry if that doesn't make sense I always always tell people and you can take it or leave it - don't start a plan that you can't keep up for the rest of your life. Weight loss has to be a lifestyle change, and what might work in the short term might not be sustainable for the long term and can cause people to regain quickly. You can do it, let me know if you need any help figuring out your new plan of attack!

Cattails - Congrats on seeing 128 lbs! I think if you did start exercise, you probably will see a gain because of your muscle increase, so I'd highly recommend to make the switch to measuring from the scale to the tape measure. It's amazing how many inches we can lose and not see anything on the scale! I'm so sorry you experience migraines, I had my first one last week (I don't know what caused it) but it was horrible. Thankfully it was mild enough that paracetamol took care of it, so I can't imagine how much of a struggle it must be to live with them!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #74  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 2 Chart everyone!!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #75  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Riestrella ~ I cannot thank you enough for your kind words, insightful feedback and lovely metaphors! I feel so recharged today! What a difference a day makes!

I am sorry you had such a miserable flight. I will be praying for you that you return to good health. I am so glad you had a great time at the wedding...you are a beautiful girl from your pics that I remember. I am sure you looked gorgeous at the wedding - we always are too critical of pics of ourselves!

I am glad you can be happy for your MIL's weight loss. I am sure she can empathize internally with your weight gain and knows what you're going through without saying a word. Her actions will be enough encouragement.

Again, you may not realize what an impact you have made upon me. Did you ever consider being a life coach? You would be perfect for it!!!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote