3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Challenge to Stay on Track and Avoid Binges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/315656-july-challenge-stay-track-avoid-binges.html)

boatingmommy 07-01-2018 11:33 AM

July Challenge to Stay on Track and Avoid Binges

Hello all! This is the fourth month of this thread. We are a small, but dedicated group looking for ways to keep ourselves from the binges that derail our journey to weight loss and better health. Everyone is welcome!

boatingmommy 07-01-2018 11:37 AM

Okay, first day of July and I totally messed up last month. I am going to make a new commitment for the month of July...going to go booze free for the month. I have got to make some better choices and drinking on the weekend it totally messing everything up. This is going to be a tough attempt for me, as it is prime boating and camping season and all our friends are social drinkers. This next weekend is going to be the worst with camping and boating for the fourth. So...send me all the willpower you can spare!

boatingmommy 07-02-2018 09:05 AM

Good morning ladies! I hope you are enjoying your vacations! We are planning for the next couple of days with the Fourth of July celebrations. I have a pool party, a family reunion, then a weekend full of camping and boating. I'm feeling pretty determined not to end up with the scale going up.

Today's weight : 194.6
B - Cottage cheese and watermelon
L - Lettuce roll ups with roast beef and tomato
D - Baked chicken parmesan with zucchini noodles
And lots of green tea!

kfunk6113 07-02-2018 12:07 PM

Boatingmommy- Thank you for starting the new months thread! Going booze free around people who are drinking can be tough, but if you are like me, abstaining completely will be much easier than drinking in moderation. I remember when I cut out alcohol, it was hard at first but then I didn't even miss it. I would allow myself to drink for special occasions and now when I do, its not worth it. I gained 7 lbs. over the long weekend, very disappointing. We leave tomorrow afternoon to go up to my husbands' parents cabin- I am not looking forward to it.

I feel like I was hit by a truck. Every spot on my body feels bruised. I got wasted on Saturday night and spent the later part of the night puking my guts out and it finally stopped at noon on Sunday. Then I ended up with a fever and the body aches along with some inner pain and heart palpations; my throat hurt and I couldn't breathe out of my nose. My body can not handle booze so why I still drink a few times a year is beyond me. I seriously thought that I was going to die at some points. I spent the whole car ride home in agony and then went to bed and slept until 10 this morning (called in to work).

It looks like you are having a strong start to the month, keep it going!!!!

boatingmommy 07-03-2018 07:56 AM

kfunk - Been there, done that! It's been a long time since I put myself in that shape, but it's definitely happened, and more than once. Like you have been telling me, you know a majority of that weight is water weight and eventually will go away. Don't be too hard on yourself. Did you at least have fun before you had too much?? Yeah, it's going to be an experiment to see which one of my friends pisses me off this week/weekend. If you are the one not drinking you'd think you were shunning them all together. Kind of the "You're not drinnking? Well that's no fun!" My husband promises he will keep me straight. I hope you have some fun at the cabin. Are you not looking forward to it because of the eating opportunities...or just not into the cabin thing?

Well, I am heading to the office today and have a couple of visits, then I have to come home and prepare food to take to pool party. Of course it's nothing I'll get to eat, but that's okay.

Today's weight: 192.7
B - Oatmeal and blueberries
L - Roast beef sandwhich, watermelon
D - Chicken parmesan and zucchini (left overs)
No beer/no alcohol at pool party - God help me!!!

GettinFit 07-03-2018 08:30 AM

Hello ladies,

I'm back from my trip.
Boatingmommy thanks for keeping the thread going. Sounds like you have a few challenges coming up but I'm sure you will survive those challenges.

Kfunk I'm sorry that you got sick on your trip. I hope you're feeling better today. Hoping you have a good weight loss this month also.

I weighed this morning and I was .6 up. For me that is amazing returning from vacation. I did eat some high point items but each morning I only had fruit and a salad for lunch and I splurged and ate what I wanted in the evening. I tracked every day and one day was 60 points but I still tracked. I am going to a meeting on Friday and am hoping to show a nice loss by then.

I hope you all have a great day.

PERUNNING 07-03-2018 09:51 AM

Staying on program, all of July

Week One:
Day 1: No.
Day 2: Yes, OP
Day 3: Yes, OP
Day 4: Yes, OP
Day 5: Yes, OP
Day 6: No, ate too large a portion of pasta.
Day 7: No, had ice cream, which was unplanned.

Week Two:
Day 1: Yes, OP
Day 2: Yes, OP
Day 3: Yes, OP
Day 4: Yes, OP
Day 5; Yes, OP
Day 6: No, ate too much while eating out, ate ice cream, unplanned
Day 7: Yes, OP

Week Three:
Day 1: Yes, OP
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5;
Day 6:
Day 7:

GettinFit 07-03-2018 12:25 PM

Perunning welcome to the thread :wave:

boatingmommy 07-03-2018 07:15 PM

Perunning - Howdy! I like the idea of checking yourself as to whether you were OP or not each day. Good luck and glad you are here!

GettinFit - Wow, that is only the tiniest of gains! You did AWESOME! Hope you had a good time. I have got to get better about tracking no matter what. Sounds like you were truly dedicated.

Okay, heading to pool party here in a few minutes! Wish me luck!

GettinFit 07-04-2018 09:12 AM

Good morning ladies,

Boatingmommy I hope you survived the pool party! I'm sure that was a huge challenge.

Kfunk I hope you're doing ok. This time of the year is challenging but it is possible to get thru. Hang in there.

All is good with me. I used some weekly points last night for 2 glasses of wine and 2 packs of WW popped crisps which was not planned. Yesterday I did a 2 mile walk and this morning I did 3 miles. Eating should not be a challenge for me today. Since I have my weigh in on Friday I have to be extremely good.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

boatingmommy 07-04-2018 08:30 PM

Pool party was a success! No booze! Family reunion done...didn't go too overboard. I had to have some of the blackberry cobbler my aunt makes from my grandmother's recipe. Worth every bite!!! No where close to closing my rings today, but it's been a long one and I am too pooped. Getting ready to go read in my nice cool recliner.

Hope you all enjoyed your Fourth of July!

Strong.Beautiful23 07-04-2018 08:41 PM

hey I'm new but I love this thread! My fathers b day was yesterday and today is the fourth, and then my birthday is not he 10th and I was a little naughty the last two days but I DID NOT BINGE. I've successfully lost 99.99% of the weight I wanted too ( I've been on a diet since I was 10) and Ive concord all eating disorders, but holidays I seem to really trip up in my fitness and health. BUT Today was better then yesterday and I will enjoy myself a little on my birthday but I'm going to put myself first by no binging and enjoying life.

boatingmommy 07-05-2018 08:12 AM

Good morning ladies! Hope all are well after the holiday!

SB23 - Welcome to our group! Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff going on and coming up. Wow on the weight loss! That is amazing and so inspirational. Yep, I've been on a diet since forever...up...down...up...down. Hoping to get back down and make it stick. Glad to see you here.

GettinFit - Way to go on the walking, you make me realize that I need to hit the walking trail tonight, if it's not too hot. Otherwise, I need to put in a tape and do a living room workout. I also have to get my camper packed and the grass mowed. I may just push the majority of it for exercise.

kfunk - Hope you are enjoying cabin life and all it's challenges!

All you other ladies - I hope you are having a totally OP day!

One day more of work, and then a three day weekend. I haven't packed any booze for me and I've got lots of healthy food in the camper. Off to work I go.. "talk" later!

PERUNNING 07-05-2018 10:23 AM

Thank you so much for the welcome! That was very kind of you!

Elaine

GettinFit 07-05-2018 08:23 PM

Boatingmommy I hope you have a great camping trip. Sounds like you have your plans in place for success.

Welcome to the thread Strong and congrats on losing 99.99 percent of your weight.

Perrunning I hope all is good with you.

I've had a great day. I have been on vacation all this week so I've been getting up at 6am to walk. Yesterday I got in over 14,000 steps and today over 17,000. Hoping for a loss at weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great evening ladies.