Old 07-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #181  

Busy at work, but checking in to record my weight and marvel at how easy it is to lose weight when I stick to the plan! Now to figure out how to make sticking to the plan easy!

CW: 146.0
GW: 140.0

Week Two end weight: 145.0

Week Three

15: DNW
16: 145.6
17: 146.0
18: 145.2
19: 144.6
20: 144.0
21:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Three:
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

boatingmommy: You've seriously rocked it this month. Glad you are enjoying the benefits of cutting the liquid calories. They can be brutal, in more ways than one. I'm also at 1.6 pounds left to lose for the month. Hopefully we both crush that goal.

momtopands: Sorry they aren't more cooperative. Hopefully the next landlord will be better.

Riestrella: I've never been a runner. The best I've ever done in my life was maybe 2 miles in college, and I don't think I even ran all of that. But I would like to be able to run a 5k. I don't hope to ever hit marathon level, but a 5k would be nice, possibly a 10k someday. I also would like to be able to do 20 regular pushups and at least 1 pull up. I know these are not particularly lofty goals, but right now, I could run maybe 100 feet, have to do elevated pushups because I'm too weak to even do knee pushups, and couldn't pull myself up literally if my life depended on it.

Week Three
15: 237.4
16: 236.6
17: 235.8
18: 235.4
19: 235.0
20: 234.6
21:

Every day this week, I've thought I had to have reached the end of the whoosh, and surely I won't be down again today, but every day I am down again. I'm not eating at a 1400 calorie a day deficit which it would take to lose 0.4 pounds every day, so I'm not quite sure what is going on. I'm assuming it is the body making up for the first 10 days of the month, where I was on plan, but didn't lose anything. Now I'm losing that weight a little each day?? It sounds good in theory, anyway. Right now, this is shaping up to be one of my best loss weeks ever.

Got on the treadmill again last night and did 1.8 miles in 35 minutes. Progress. Closer and closer to reaching that 2 mile point again. Maybe this weekend. Ankle was tired/sore after, but is good again this morning, so I don't seem to be aggravating it, just pushing it a bit.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #183  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Trying to stay focused in the face of these disappointing weigh ins! I know it's because I'm doing intensive workouts and my body is just adapting, so I'm just trying to take a deep breath and keep on trucking. Yesterday was relatively ok for food...I did have a bacon and egg sandwich in the morning because we had leftover bacon that had to be used. Not a great way to start the day! Chips and salsa for lunch, so not great there either since just more grains, then a vegetable curry for dinner. Grains, grains, grains - ugh! I need more snack/lunch ideas that don't include grains. I was thinking carrots and hummus seem to be a hit with me when I have them in, but that's about as far as my imagination goes! I'm definitely not much of a salad girl unless there's some sort of protein in there too like chicken, and right now I don't have the money to buy extra meat. The reason I say it was relatively ok yesterday is sometimes I end up having 2 sandwiches in a day! So the fact I managed to eat 3 meals and no snacks was kind of a small victory for me. Definitely need to work on my diet though.

Today I'm going to do another workout, it's a cardio one this time, then I'll be done with my workouts for the week! Except I'm gonna try and do a yoga on Sunday to stretch out my poor, aching limbs I just calculated that if I do 3 Insanity Max videos per week it'll take me all the way through to November, which is quite far away! I might eventually slow them down in favor of running more, so I'd do 2 runs and an Insanity Max as my strength training. There's a 5K around Halloween that I did a couple of years ago that I'd like to do again and beat my time. I remember on the day when we lined up they said "people running with dogs, go to the back" - big mistake, as soon as the gun went off the dogs were clambering to get to the front! So funny having a swarm of dogs overtake me with their owners being dragged behind. Anyway, I'm rambling, as you can see I'm definitely a planner, I always like to think distant plans instead of the now!

Hopefully over the weekend I can see some drops on the scale to make my average weight a smidge lower to either match last week or maybe lose a little? We'll see!

Week Three
16: 185.8 lbs
17: 185 lbs
18: 185.6 lbs
19: 186 lbs
20: 185.6 lbs
21:
22:
Average Weight for Week Two: 185.4 lbs
Average Weight for Week Three: 185.6 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three: -0.2 lbs

Spoiler
Starting Weight
01: 187.4 lbs

Week One
02: 186.2 lbs
03: 185.4 lbs
04: 185.8 lbs
05: 187 lbs
06: 187 lbs
07: 187 lbs
08: 186 lbs
Average Weight for Week One: 186.2 lbs
Total Loss for Week One: 1.2 lbs

Week Two
09: 185.4 lbs
10: 185.8 lbs
11: 187 lbs
12: 186 lbs
13: 184.6 lbs
14: 184.4 lbs
15: 185 lbs
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.8 lbs

Week Three
21:
22:
Average Weight for Week Three:

Week Four
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
Average Weight for Week Four:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
30:
31:
Average Weight for Final Days:
Total Loss for Final Days:

July Starting Weight:
187 lbs
July End Weight:
Total July Loss:
momtopands - Oh nice, I live 15 minutes (not sure the miles!) east of Atlanta! *waves*

ange - Sorry to hear the moths attacked your hoodie! I'm in desperate need of a new wardrobe, I've been wearing the same things for 5+ years because of money constraints. But whenever I get money, I always choose to spend it on anything but clothes!

ophelia - I know what you mean, it takes me so long to get back into a regular routine after a vacation. One year it took me like a month! Those are excellent fitness goals and also very similar to mine too. PM me if you need a copy of Insanity Max 30! It is very hard, but there's a modifier track that's very challenging but I think doable. You're gonna sweat up a storm and get an incredible workout if you choose to join me! One of us...one of us... I just want a buddy to suffer with me!! Great to see your weight drop after getting back to the norm!

Chunk - Congratulations on getting accepted into the masters program! What will you be studying? I love running too after suffering with it for months! I hated it so much but then one day something clicked and I thought "this is amazing!" It's like a competition with myself and I don't care how fast anyone else is, I just like to go as fast as my own body can take me. It's amazing how much strength training boosts your speed. I ran a 10K back in 2011, then did Insanity for about 3 months, then ran another 10K and I was about 12 minutes faster!

Lacerta - Not everyone has to be a runner! I think it's important to find what you love and go with that. I'm sure if you trained you could totally do a 5K though, there are some great Couch to 5K programs out there once your ankle is better! Which I'm sure it will be soon because you're doing all the right things, losing weight, staying active - you're doing great!

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-20-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #184  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Start Weight: 270 (started weight training with a personal trainer)
GOAL WEIGHT: 262 (1-2 lbs a week)
​​​​​7/3 268.7
7/4 269.4
7/5 267
7/6 271.5
7/7 270
7/8 267.3
7/9 268.3
7/10 268
7/11 266.8
7/12 266.8
7/13 267.1
7/14 267.8
7/15 267
7/16 266.4
7/17 267.6
7/18 266.9
7/19 267.2
7/20 266.5

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.
I can't believe I'm bouncing in between these 2 lbs.
Well another NSV -- my before and after pics from 3 weeks ago look amazing! :-)
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #185  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

My Second Month of Maintenance
SW: 115.5
TW: <119

July 1: 115.5
July 3: 117.5
July 4: 116.2
July 5th: 115.3
July 6th: 115.3
July 7th: 116.4
July 10th: 117.5
July 11th: 116.4
July 12th: 115.7
July 13th: 115.5
July 14th: 114.6
July 15th: 114.8
July 16th: 114.6
July 17th: 114.8
July 18th: 115.7
July 19th: 115.5
July 20th: 114.8
July 21st: 113.7

New all-time low today! I knew I was wee-ing a lot yesterday, so kind-of expected it. Anyway i'm way below target now so I think i'll 'use' it immediately and have a bit more of an indulgent meal tonight
We're debating whether to go out somewhere, or get take out our eat in (well, them's the choices covered I guess, lol). We live not far from a big sport complex, and two big teams are playing at home on two grounds next to each other tonight, meaning the pubs are going to be rammed again, so perhaps a restauraunt (but staying clear of the pubs (little wine-bar maybe?), and eating whilst the games were on) would be good. Decisions, decisions. First up though is a trip to the knitting shop which i'm very excited about. I finished my last project about 6 weeks ago, but this weekend is the last days of the knitting shop sale, so want to get in there and pick up a new project!

JenyReddy and Rie and LGW - you're all a bit frustrated with your weight, but all improving the fitness, which is a fantastic achievement, so take the credit and don't worry too much about the scales. I know you're supposed to do diet and fitness as a combo-thing, but personally I find that really hard. It's doing two hard things at once, so no wonder it's hard. And not only that the two can work against each other (you need more energy to improve fitness= more food, plus you get hungrier when you work out). Its an even harder balancing act to get it all right. Enjoy your NSV improvements and let them be your biggest focus, I say (I know you're doing that already, but it's absolutely right - and i'm sort of envious that I haven't really got a fitness thing happening much at the moment)

I used to do some running for a while. I was always really slow, but enjoyed the fun-runs and later the trail runs. Because I was slow I sort of drifted towards the distance running eventually and did quite a lot of half-marathons (but never a full one). I loved half marathons - it's a great distance and absolutely do-able for all those dreaming of it (and a good excuse to plod along for a couple of hrs and listen to the birds tweating - there always seemed more pressure to go fast all the time in anything shorter!). I miss running now. Every day actually. Maybe as my knee gets stronger I can try again in a few months...… Have to say i'm well under my old running weight right now too, so it seems doubly wasteful that I can't make use of this weight to improve my speed (I always put on weight the more I ran - just got hungry. Sigh...….)

Lacerta ha! you're the one that's got this whole thing sussed - you're whooshing on the scales and whizzing on the treadmill. I recommend you do a little 'happy dance' to celebrate your great week!!

Nicoley - yep, after 50 years of trying I really think that consistency is what made me the most successful with the weight loss this time around. And i'm kind of proving that again to myself in maintenance - i'm eating really similarly to the losing phase, but going off plan 2-3 meals a week, and that's enough to keep the mini yoyo (and consequent no real weight loss) happening. The good news is that the more you stick to plan, the easier it is to stick to plan, so I reckon you've got this sussed and your temptation-resistance brain is firing! Should be a good week ahead and a great end to July

Chunks - you did really well to get that phd grant. Yeah, tell us what you'll be studying! Is it something that you've had to tweak the focus on to get the money - or is it your area of primary interest anyway?

Boatingmommy - look at you!! You're absolutely going gangbusters this month. Fantastic results - I've really enjoyed reading about your progress - you must be so pleased with yourself. Shame that the price is ditching the alcohol. That's a tough one, and one that I've tackled as well this year to a certain degree. I"m sort of settled in to picking and choosing my events now, which is good and easy to do now i'm used to it (like last night, Friday, normally I would've celebrated the end of the week by having a few drinks, but decided that I wasn't actually that bothered so I didn't. In other words i'm better at quizzing myself and going for the alcohol only when I actually want some, and not just because of habit or because other people are. Also i'm a total lightweight at the moment so I can have a couple of glasses and feel quite giggly So the message is that it is possible to reduce it and not deprive yourself, but it does take a bit of time. Your cold turkey is good practice!

Ophelia - if you're back in to it already you have the whole of your life sussed!!!! Really. It's not our indulgences that matter in the bigger picture - it's what we do afterwards. How are you finding it so far? Is it a bit of a struggle to get back in to it, or is it familiar territory that you've slipped right back in to? Good luck for the next few days as they're probably important to get fully back with the program

momtopands - hi! You're working hard these days. You're also doing super-fab on the dieting. That's a tricky combo to pull off in itself. And next you have a house-move to cope with. Ah well, I guess if you have two places for a few weeks at least it gives you a more leisurely period of time to move things across? Good luck with it all. Have you started packing up boxes and things?

ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #186  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 = 194.6
Day 3 = 192.7
Day 4 = 192.2
Day 5 = 192.6
Day 6 = 189.9
Day 9 =191.4
Day 10 = 192.2
Day 11 = 191.7
Day 12= 191.1
Day 16 = 189.7
Day 17 = 187.9
Day 18 = 188.1
Day 19= 187.5
Day 20 =186.7
Day 21 = 185.9

Happy Saturday to you all! I survived the first night of our town's Homecoming (streetfest). Stood under the beer tent with hubby and friends with a diet coke (I know, still not a great choice) in my hand. I left a little early because being the sober one when everyone else is drunk and dancing is not as much fun as I had hoped. I am amazed at the weight loss this week. I stopped my vigorous workouts, had been about 3 pts over on weight watchers every day and haven't touched a piece of bread, or many carbs for that matter. Something in my body has just clicked into place.I have another night of beer tent in front of me...ugh! But, it's still nice to see everyone!

Ange - when I do go back to drinking, I hope to be more selective as you mentioned. Yeah, I think one beer would totally go to my head at this point.

Lacerta - Heck yah!!! We are going to crush that goal to smithereens!

Ophelia and momtopands - thanks for the words of encouragement!
Please, If I missed anyone - I very much appreciate your support!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 07-21-2018 at 03:05 PM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Ophelia Thanks for the congrats! 50 lbs down is the most i've even lost in my life and i'm determined to keep going unitl I reach my goal, no matter how long that takes! Glad to see some of your vacation gain coming off!

ange Actually, I find it's easier when I work because I don't have access to grazing foods. I have to pre-plan my meals and snacks so that I don't get hungry but at the same time stay within my range. It also helps that I am morally offended by the prices of snacks/drinks in the vending machines. $2 for a small bag of chips or a drink when I can get a large on of either for a dollar! NOPE! WAAAAAY to cheap for that! As far as moving, I have never been one to start packing ahead of time, lol, but i'm hoping to improve this move and make an effort to do so. I can see it will be much less stressful if I do so instead of waiting until 2 days before the movers arrive while still packing up stuff when they get there. This year has been a year of change for the better in my life, mostly, and this is just one more area that I can work on!

Today's loss was a surprise since I had pizza yesterday but I ended the week very well, my best in several months, so i'm staying on track to keep this going. I just might make my monthly goal early!

Week Three
15: 243.6 TOM
16: 242.8 TOM
17: 242.8 TOM
18: 241.2 TOM
19: 241.2 TOM
20: 241.6 TOM
21: 240.5
End of Week Two: 244.3
Total Loss for Week Three: -3.8
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #188  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Had to pump my fist in the air this morning when I finally saw my weight go down to the 184's! I weighed in at 184.4 lbs, a nice 1.2 lbs drop. Yesterday I did my cardio challenge Insanity workout which was tough. I really can't be in plank position long before my wrists start hurting (I've got some pretty large cysts in my left wrist that couldn't be dealt with without an operation) so I always "max out" earlier than I'd like. I managed to stave off my evening munchies with water - which was definitely a challenge and I could feel my body protesting! Even though my boyfriend was having the munchies I didn't join in, so I was pretty happy with that and equally as happy when I saw it paid off on the scale in the morning.

I also had another workout yesterday since we bought a bookshelf from someone in our apartment complex for $10, only we had to carry it down three flights of stairs and back up three flights and boy was I sweating up a storm! I'm not very confident on stairs, I have this weird phobia that I'm going to trip and tumble to my doom, so my boyfriend was getting silently frustrated at me because I kept panicking! He's not very good in those situations But, we survived and we hauled it up the stairs to our apartment with relative ease. Now that it's up in our place and decorated with all our trinkets/books that we had scattered about it was worth it!

Today we're going to be hanging out with some friends, so I hope I can keep my eating/drinking in check but it'll be a challenge. I'm going to try and slow everything down and make sure I drink water consistently. It's usually the weekends that undo a lot of my hard work so I'm going to keep that in mind tonight. Wish me luck! Hope you have a great weekend.

Week Three
21: 184.4 lbs
22:
Average Weight for Week Three: 185.4 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three: 0 lbs

Spoiler
Starting Weight

Week One

Week Two

Week Three
22:
Average Weight for Week Three:

Week Four
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:

Final Days
30:
31:

July Starting Weight:
187 lbs
July End Weight:
Total July Loss:
ange - I would go for take out if I knew it was going to be busy, but I'm a bit of a hermit! Sometimes I do love dining out and getting out the house because I'm here all the time. Congrats on the new all time low, that's amazing! That's funny you said you wanted a project, last night I suddenly got this overwhelming sensation that I wanted to do a painting by numbers?? I did one when I was younger and it was always so calming, so I looked them up and found one that I really want to do! A fun little "artsy" project for me! I'm waiting to see if I qualify for a gift card though, but once that goes through, I'm gonna order it. You're right about it being hard, but I think I have a slight advantage since I know what to expect when working out/eating better again. Plus I'm not exactly following a diet, so that's not a stress factor for me right now. I tend to really focus on my diet when I see some major progress on the scale due to my exercise, which I've got my fingers crossed will happen in the next week or two!

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #189  

Riestrella: Congrats on being back into the 184s and good luck fending off the weekend temptations.

momtopands: I'm at that point, too. The most I had ever lost was 32 pounds, which is right where I'm at right now. So I'm tied for the most I've lost in my life, and any additional weight loss will put me into new territory. Great end-of-TOM whoosh for you there. FANTASTIC week. The only week I lost 3.8 pounds was my very first week, when all the water weight drops off to start with.

boatingmommy: What an amazing month you are having. With another 10 more days to go, you may end up with double digit loss this month.

Week Three
15: 237.4
16: 236.6
17: 235.8
18: 235.4
19: 235.0
20: 234.6
21: 235.4
Total Loss for Week Three: -3.0

So I bounced back up today, but it is just water weight from the high sodium dinner I had, I'm sure. I feel quite bloated this morning. Still an amazing week.

My ankle is feeling good enough that I am going to try my strength circuit again today, the one that kicked my butt last time, hopefully it isn't quite so bad this time around. I may only do 2 circuits instead of 3, in deference to the ankle. And I may not be able to do the lunges very well or at all, so I'll play that by ear. We'll see. But I want to try it again. What a weird feeling, to WANT to strength train.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #190  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

boatingmommy: I am glad that things are going so well for you this month and that taking a break from having any drinks has helped get you back on track like you were hoping it would. Great work!

Chunkah: Thank you! And, how exciting about getting ready to move onto your PhD program next month...best of luck moving into the next phase of your education!

nicoley: Nice loss!

Lacerta: Even with the small bloat gain today, you did absolutely incredible this week!!

Riestrella: A day without snacking sounds like a success to me! That's my biggest downfall right now...excessive urges to snack, especially at night. And, I will definitely PM you about the Insanity program -- I can't make any promises that I would be able to keep up, even with modifiers, but I would be willing to try it out! (Also, nice drop today!)

LGW: Congrats on that great NSV -- it's always so motivating to start liking photos taken of yourself, especially good before and afters!

Ange: Congrats on the new low! And, thank you -- it's been a bit of a struggle in the snacking department, because my body was starting to get used to taking in so many extra calories, but it hasn't been nearly as hard as it has been in the past. Just last summer, a move and a road trip completely derailed me for an entire 3 MONTHS. I'm just determined to not let that happen again, even if I go over by a bit in the first week or so -- better than just giving in completely!

momtopands: Well, I'd definitely say you have the whole weight loss thing figured out this time around, so I have no doubts that you will reach ALL of your goals!

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was the same at 175 yesterday and was down to 173.2 today. I've been having some issues feeling very snack-ish at night now that I'm back to eating less during the day and have been sneaking in little midnight snacks -- thankfully, I'm still moving down bit by bit, but the excessive snacking needs to stop. I've been getting my gallon of water in a day, which has helped, but I may up the protein and focus on my meal spacing a little more to help my hunger levels stay more balanced through the day instead of not being very hungry during the day after a bigger breakfast then becoming ravenous at night. If I can manage not going overboard on the calories late in the evening, I'm hoping that - by the end of this new week coming up - I will be back to my pre-vacation weight...fingers crossed!

Week Three
15: NWI - Out of Town.
16: NWI - Out of Town.
17: NWI - Out of Town.
18: 176.2
19: 175.0
20: 175.0
21: 173.2
Last Weigh-In Before Vacation: 168.0
Total Loss for Week Three: +5.2 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #191  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

CW: 113.7

Maintained the new low overnight, surprisingly. Had a great night at a little Italian restaurant that we sat outside in summer once, but this time went inside. Really cosy, and it turned out our waiter worked for same company as hubby, so we had champagne, calamari and zucchini flowers on the house! Ate half a pizza too, less the outside crust, which was totally delicious. Was pleased with myself for feeling very nicely full afterwards, but not stuffed. In the old days i'd've gobbled the whole lot down It's only the second time this year I've had bread too so I enjoyed that (i.e. the pizza base). The other half of the pizza is now in the fridge, and smells very pizza-like every time I open the fridge door. Might have the topping on some veggies for lunch, but otherwise it's in the bin really as i'm off to my conference this afternoon so will be away a few days.

The knitting project didn't work out so well. I was in the shop for ages, but just couldn't get both wool and pattern that I was happy with, so a bit more work needed.

Rie - good to hear about your painting project! Sounds fun. Wrists hurting with plank?? I do them resting on forearms.....
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #192  

Week Four
22: 234.4
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:

Back down again today to a new low, so apparently I was right that yesterday was just water retention. Yay. Didn't do my strength training workout after all. I did manage to walk a full 2 miles again, though. Took me 38 minutes, so not TOO far off from where I was before my sprain. But afterward, my ankle was sore, so I babied it the rest of the day, and didn't do the strength training workout. Maybe today.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #193  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I'm quitting caffeinated coffee and tea. Again. I'm not supposed to drink it, am overly sensitive to caffeine and it causes me all sorts of problems. It's so hard for me to stay away for good! That's because I feel like I never fully recover from the brain fog it brings on. Maybe I just need to wait longer than the 3-4 weeks I've abstained in the past? My plan this time around is lots of water and regular spurts of exercise throughout the day to keep my energy up. I'm also going to take my iron pill every day and make an effort to eat more red meat, since I've probably been using caffeine to mask my anemia symptoms. I have low blood pressure, so anemia compounds that and turns me into a disembodied spirit devoid of energy.

Stayed up too late so will need to skip personals, but will comment next time. Have a great Sunday, guys, and congrats on all your successes!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #194  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Weighed in this morning at 184.8 lbs, a slight increase from yesterday but still stoked to be in the 184's! My average weight and ending weight for week 3 is 185.3 lbs, a mere 0.1 lb drop from last week BUT I also started working out consistently this week so I'm happy with the slight loss! I'm hoping that next week I'll get to see my average weight in the 184's.

Yesterday was a bit of a bad day, I wasn't able to completely be good like I intended! Started off with banana and greek yogurt breakfast, not too shabby I thought. Then I went to Costco and it's become somewhat of a tradition to get a slice of pepperoni pizza there because...seriously...why is Costco pizza so freaking good? It's my perfect style of pizza. So I had that. Then in the evening I snacked on pretzels with honey mustard dip, and drank about a quarter of a bottle of wine. I started to feel well and truly buzzed after not eating much so I stopped and had a peanut butter sandwich and my body thanked me for the sustenance! I did much better with not snacking as much because I made a point to have the snacks on a different table to the one we were gathered around so we would have to stand up and walk over to eat, which helped a lot. All in all, I wasn't exactly healthy yesterday, but I think it could have been a LOT worse!

I also spent a significant amount of time planning my exercise for the next couple of months. I found a 5K that's happening on the Sunday before Halloween and I've decided to enter it. It's different than the Halloween 5K I did last year, but this one you get an awesome medal with a spooky character on! I'm such a fan of medals for races. Most people like t-shirts, but not me! I'm a magpie. I'm going to continue doing Insanity Max 30 until the first week of September, which is when I'll begin my 5K training where I'll run twice a week and do an Insanity video once a week to keep up with my strength. Feels good to have an action plan and something to aim for!

Week Three
22: 184.8 lbs
Average Weight for Week Three: 185.3 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three: 0.1 lbs
Total Loss for July: 2.1 lbs

Spoiler
Starting Weight

Week One

Week Two

Week Three
22: 184.8 lbs
Average Weight for Week Three: 185.3 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three: 0.1 lbs

Week Four
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:

Final Days
30:
31:

July Starting Weight:
187.4 lbs
July End Weight:
Total July Loss:
Lacerta - Thanks for the congrats! Haha, I know what you mean about wanting to workout, such a weird sensation! "Is this what healthy people feel?!" I always think! Hope your strength training goes well and your ankle doesn't give you any problems.

Ophelia - Congrats on the drop! Looks like your gallon of water is doing the trick to get that vacation weight off. I'm curious why you color your weights orange, is that because you're trying to get back down to a low you saw before? I know what you mean about the midnight snacking, one night last week it was a mental challenge to deny myself food. I knew I didn't need it, but god my brain really wanted it! Sometimes it does take a little suffering to break a bad habit, but I think as you said spacing out your meals and making sure you're not starving by night time is a good plan of attack too!

ange - Ooh, sounds like you had a lovely meal! Excellent on not scarfing down the whole lot, that's a habit I've had to break too and it's even worse when I eat out. Though it pains me you'll be throwing away good pizza I understand why *bites knuckles* I'm so excited, I ordered the kit last night after receiving my gift card! It arrives Tuesday! I also ordered a set of cheap paint brushes because people in the reviews said it's best to use different brushes since the ones supplied have a mind of their own. My friend is really into painting figurines so I think she's excited about having someone to paint with!

Chunk - Good luck with your endeavor to give up caffeine. You've reminded me it's about time I had some red meat since I need that to revitalize my system once in a while! I was having all sorts of fatigue issues, then I had a big ol' burger and felt right as rain.

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-22-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:40 AM   #195  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Aw man, my sleep cycle is so messed up. Why must I fall apart without caffeine? I went out from about 3:00 until 9:30 yesterday and then immediately fell asleep when I got home. Now here I am awake less than 6 hours later. I hope I can fall back asleep or this will be a groggy day! At least I don't have to work.

Rie - Thanks for the no caffeine well wishes! I hope I can stick with it this time. My low blood pressure makes it so hard to feel energized w/o a stimulant, but I'm committed to doing what I can to increase my energy w/o it. Congrats on dropping weight even while starting your Insanity Max training! I like your training plan. I'm considering starting 5k training once I'll have access to a treadmill next month, but I'm wary of my bad ankle. I sprained it years ago right after graduating college at a time when I didn't have health insurance. It's hurt off and on since then, but I've never bothered talking to a doctor about it. I've been feeling it lately. I need to look into how to treat that, probably wrap it up or something? I'm so clueless about that sorta stuff. Kind of a random question, but I've been meaning to ask you about peanut butter. You'd mentioned before that pb sandwiches have been a staple for you for a long time. (I'm a fan too. ) I'd been under the impression that pb wasn't that popular in the UK. Were you unusual in your pb sandwich love, or is pb fairly ubiquitous there as well, but just not jelly with it? Cultural curiosity! Oh, and my program is just the PhD section. I fortunately already have the master's out of the way.

Rie and ange - My program falls in the English dept, but it's an interdisciplinary blend of writing, philosophy, and cognitive science/learning theory. It's exactly what I love, so I feel fortunate that I'll be getting paid to do it! My program has a strong job placement record in academia, so hopefully that will still be the case when I graduate a million years from now.

Lacerta - You are in the zone! I'm so happy with the results you're seeing both on the scale and with your ankle.

ange - What a great meal! Good call continuing the search for knitting materials rather than settling for something you didn't really like.

ophelia - You're doing a great job getting that vacay gain off, well done!

momtopands - I see in the exercise thread that you do a bootcamp style workout. That's a great way to preserve muscle while losing weight. I'm so excited for you that you're at your record loss and are still flying down the scale. Really awesome job!

boatingmommy - @ it not being as much fun being the sober one when everyone else is drunk and dancing. Been there and it's so true.

nicoley - Great job working your plan!

LGW - That's fantastic that your pics are already showing changes!

for all!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-23-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote