Old 06-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #1  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default June Challenge to Stay on Track and Avoid Binges

Looking for companionship and support to make it through a whole month of staying on track by avoiding the binges that prevent us from losing weight? We are here for you! Each of us is looking forward to making changes that keep us from derailing our efforts to live healthier lives. Come join us!

Hello Ladies! I thought I'd go ahead and post the new thread since I am up early and waiting to head to doctor's office. Pretty sure I've got my spring sinus infection that has lead to an ear infection. Ugh! I got done with work, went to bed. Got up and ate and then back to bed. I am a wreck! No appetite - so that's the only plus! I usually get a shot (some sort of antihistamine) and a zpack. Should be in good shape by tomorrow. Weekend is going to be a challenge. We have graduation parties all day Saturday and Sunday. Think I'll have my mouth wired shut...that should work!

Hope all you are having a great Friday morning! Come on weekend!

June 1 - Goal for the month is to get to 185.

Today's weight - 190.8
B - Cottage cheese, 1 piece of toast (health nut bread) and tbs of Can't believe it's Not Butter - 6 pts
L - Progressoi light chicken and rice soup (whole can) - 5 pts
D - Salad with chicken ???

Last edited by boatingmommy; 06-01-2018 at 08:41 AM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi Boatingmommy - Thanks for starting the June thread! I can't believe how fast the year is going by I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully the meds will kick in pretty quickly. I know you can get through your challenge this weekend so stay strong.

I have a bit of a challenge myself. Once a year Atlanta has a huge Food & Wine fest and every year I get free tickets. It is so nice because restaurants & wineries from all over the southeast are there giving samples of their food & drink. I have tickets for Sunday afternoon. If it wasn't my first week back with WW I wouldn't have a problem going or if my W/I wasn't the next day. I am still trying to decide if I'm gonna go.

Kfunk & Destiny: Happy Friday! How are you ladies doing?

I have been doing really good and have stayed 100% OP since Sunday. Last night I dragged my sister out with me to do a 30 minute walk. We both enjoyed it very much. If it doesn't rain this evening, I'm going to walk but if it rains I will do a DVD. I gotta keep up the exercise because I lose so much faster when I do.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #3  
Stay Focused & Committed

I've done my workout. It's raining so I dusted off a WATP DVD and did a 2 mile walk
Old 06-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

boatingmommy Thank you so much for starting this new thread!!! Look at you.. so close to the next decade, way to go!!!! I am sorry that you are feeling so crummy though. Sinus infections and ear infections are awful, I hope that the meds kick in very fast for you. Tis the season for grad parties, we have 1 more free weekend and then have them the following 4 weekends in a row. Lets see, I would try to drink loads of water and eat as close to the parties as you can so that you aren't as hungry. Hopefully they will have some fresh veggies and fruits that you can load up on. Eat as slow as you can and maybe do intermittent fasting so your eating window is short.

gettnfit I hear you on the year flying!!! Great job on working out and staying on track this week!! I wish that I didn't hate exercise so much! Do you think that you would be able to go and enjoy yourself without losing control? It is a tough one. I would probably stay home, but I know that I don't do moderation very well.

The past 2 days for me have been difficult, but I have made it through. My TOM came a few days early and allowed myself to indulge a bit more than normal and actually was reasonable in my choices, baby steps!! I am hoping to make it through the month of June with no binges. I had a few doozies last month and I didn't lose weight as a result of them.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:46 PM   #5  

Okay, you know what I like about this group...we all acknowledge that we screw up...but we keep coming back. I have been on so many threads that when a member screws up...they drop out. I want to extend a hand to everyone that even though we screw up...we bounce right back and come here to talk about it.
It's Friday night and we went out to dinner. I had them box up half the minute it came out. Still it was crazy amount of food. I had a few beers with friends...but not crazy. I plan to get up in the a.m. (since i can breath out my nose again) and work out.

Hang in there all my little chickadees! We will get there!
Old 06-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #6  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies.

Kfunk - I am sure this month will be better for you and you will see a loss. Just take it one day at a time and one meal at a time. Yes I am thinking about going to the food and wine fest because I know my boss will ask if I was went and since the Company is paying $100 per ticket I feel a little guilty. However, if it rains then I'll have an excuse for not going. The weather forecast shows a 40% chance of rain here tomorrow so I may have a good excuse.

Boatingmommy - I like this thread too because we all seem to be kind of in the same place, having our ups and downs. We all seem to bounce back from the downs and that's a good thing. I'm glad that you are feeling better and that you are able to breathe. It sounds like you kept it under control at dinner last night. Great job!.

I had a little slip up last night. I was feeling bored and ate some Hershey kisses that were in my pantry as well as seven cookies. The cookies are now all gone and there are a few kisses left. They won't be a problem though. When I felt the urge I should have posted on Connect but I didn't think to do that until after the damage was done. I know that today is a new day and I will not give in to any urges to eat junk food today. I have tracked the points for that slip up last night and I am still in good shape pointwise for the week.

Enjoy your day ladies.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #7  

boatingmommy I totally agree, this group is awesome support!! I always feel sad when people I get to know end up disappearing. You did amazing at dinner last night, way to go!! That is such a fantastic idea to have it boxed up right away!! I am glad that you are feeling better! I hope you are able to workout.

gettnfit If the weather cooperates and you end up going I hope that you enjoy yourself!! I love how you tracked your points last night to stay accountable!! Your positive attitude about today being a new day will definitely set you up for success, you've got this!!

OK, so my husband just brought home a dozen donuts, to say that I am annoyed is an understatement. I am going to be making some scrambled eggs and enjoying my coffee soon. I was on track yesterday but didn't go down on the scales which surprised me because I am 2 lbs. higher than my low weight from a couple weeks ago. I will get there!!
Old 06-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #8  

Good morning! I just finished as much of my workout as I could. I did 30 minutes, not the whole 45. My lungs still feel yucky, but at least I closed my activity ring and my exercise ring. It helped that I did a speed run through WalMart this morning. I bought a ton of fruits and veggies since they are finally starting to look yummy. We have one graduation party for 4 kids today. They are all cousins, so they decided to do one big shin dig at the park. There will be tons of food and the horrible cold beer. Going to be a tough one, but I'm feeling pretty strong. Going to have some fruit for lunch to free up a few points for later.

kfunk - Ggggrrrr! Bad hubby! Stay strong! Stupid time of month always has me craving bad starchy stuff, that normally I'm not too into. You'll get there...the 150s are just around the corner!

GettinFit - The food and wine festival sounds wonderful! We are doing the one at Disney World in September. Yeah, that's going to be difficult. If you go, just do your best to focus on moderation. It's nice that you get free tickets, but I understand your not wanting the temptation right now. When these things come up I tell myself that I have a whole lifetime of temptations and one single day isn't going to be the thing that makes or breaks me. You've been doing a great job keeping the other days in check! It's a crazy balancing act and you're doing your best.

Destiny - How you doing, lady? I hope you are having a good day!

Weight 190.7
B - Cottage cheese, egg - 2 pts
L- Banana and cherries
D - Who the heck knows - going to try and find the veggie tray (and maybe a couple of light beers!)
Old 06-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #9  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Hey all
Sorry for the silence, been in a bad pain cycle. I’m reacting to everything yet I still need to eat. I have been taking high doses of meds and eating. The reactions have been wiping me out. At this point, I’m just having to eat and deal...ugh

BOATING- Good job on the workout. I have been stretching when I can and using the elliptical similarly. We have a small home gym, some weights, yoga mats and an elliptical. I use it when I can, it helps keep my joints moving. Enjoy the graduation party and the yumminess

KFUNK- ehh donuts? Seriously?? Men hahahah. Good job on making the eggs. Ugh the scale, so many variables to the number. Try not to worry too much.

GETTINfIT- Slip ups I hear ya. It happens I have them too and I get back and keep going. Rooting for you.
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #10  
Stay Focused & Committed

Destiny - so sorry about your pain. I hope it eases up a bit soon. Hang in there.

Boating - Great job on the workout. It was good not to push yourself to do the entire workout.

Kfunk - I hope you survived the donuts. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts when they are hot.

Well I have decided to go the fest tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I invited a good friend to come with me. I will eat fruit for breakfast and save all my points. I am going to take the train there so I will have a long walk getting to the park where the festival is.

Today has been good so far. I am 7 points under. My dinner was 0 points 😀 Crab legs and a corn on the cob? I did a walk this morning?

Have a good evening ladies.

Last edited by GettinFit; 06-02-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #11  

boatingmommy You are such an inspiration, working out while still sick!! Great job closing those rings girl!! I like how they did 1 big party, we have a party like that coming up at the end of June. Keep hold of that strong feeling and eat slowly and savor every bite/sip! One other thing I do is eat all the healthy, 0 point stuff first and try to "fill up" before the delicious, more unhealthy foods!!

destiny I am sorry you are having reactions to everything, how horrible. That would be so hard to eat knowing how bad you will be feeling after. I hope that you find some relief soon.

gettnfit Parking far away is an excellent plan!! I hope that you have an awesome time! I had corn on the cob for dinner too last night and it was delicious!!

I moved the donuts to a far corner in the kitchen and they did not bother me a bit. I think that there are only a few left so I will have hubby eat them this morning or I will throw them away! Yesterday finished up really well and I ended up using 2 of my weekly points due to a mix up with dinner, but no big deal! Down 1 lb. this morning
Old 06-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #12  

Sunday Funday! Hope you gals are ready for it! One party down and one to go. I did pretty good yesterday. kfunk - I used that strategy at the party. I had the pulled pork with no bun, a bunch of veggies and they had a fresh fruit salad. I was bad and ate one cookie and a couple of beers. I did stay away from all the other pastas and starches, and no cake. All in all not too bad. Of course the scale bumped up a little this morning, but hopefully the workout I just did will help that out.

Sorry, I'm in a rush...the party starts at noon and I cleaned house, did some laundry, worked out, mopped floors - and I'd best get my butt in the shower! Hugs to you all and have a great day!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #13  
Stay Focused & Committed

Boatingmommy- wow you got a lot done this morning. Great job on staying in control at the party. I hope the one today goes as well.

Kfunk- Amazing job on resisting those donuts and congrats on getting rid of another pound. Yes that corn on the cob was so sweet and good. I will have the rest of it sometime this week.

I went to the fest today and I did very good. I only had about 6 samples and I didn't do any sweets, fried foods, alcohol or wine. It was like 96 degrees so we didn't stay long. I did lots of walking and drank lots of water. I only had coffee and a kiwi this morning so I should be in good shape for my W/I tomorrow evening.

Have a good evening ladies.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:35 AM   #14  

Boatingmommy- You did awesome at the first party, way to go!!! How did Sunday’s party go? You kicked butt Sunday morning before you left, wow!!

Gettnfit- This is so inspiring to see how well you and boatingmommy did at your parties!! 6 samples with no sweets, fried foods, or any alcohol, brilliant!!!! I hope that your W/I goes well tonight! Thank you about the donuts, I did get a little lucky that they were cake donuts and not raised.. but I am still proud of myself for resisting and they are gone now!

Destiny How are you feeling? Any relief on Sunday?

I finished the weekend strong! I had to white knuckle it yesterday and ended up eating some pretzels which ate up a decent amount of points. I made eggs with salsa around 4 and ate a very early dinner and had some frozen grapes for desert.

Last edited by kfunk6113; 06-04-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #15  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Where did the weekend go? Monday morning came too quick!

KFunk - Glad that you had a strong weekend too! Seems like we are all in a good place now. I gotta stay strong because I have so far to go. According to my scales I've lost about 4 pounds for the week but this only gets me back to my ticker weight. I Hope that I will be able to move it down next week.

Do you ladies all weigh daily? I have always weighed every morning and evening but I think that I will try putting the scale away and only weight at WW until I get closer to onederland (It's going to be really hard for me to do). I just don't want to become too obsessed with the number on the scale like I have in the past. I need to work on being patient with my weight loss and focus on eating, tracking and exercise right now.

Destiny - I hope you are feeling a little better today!

Hi Boatingmommy