Old 05-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
Hi Nightowlrn -... How much spares/repair kit do you need to take, and how are your mechanical skills for fixing up any problems? I bet there's some part of you that likes those hills really really!........
For this trip, services are about every 10 miles or so. Some areas have no cell coverage, so some self sufficiency is needed. I got two flats the first 10 miles!!! And, none after that. very strange...

I am pretty handy with the bike. I carry 2 tubes, a patch kit, tire levers, a little soap, and air. I did not pack a tire, but might next time along with 3 tubes. I have a lot of little bike tools to fit any screw/bolt on my bike, a multi tool knife, and pliers. My tour bike is steel, so it shouldn't break. I also brought a water filter and dried food just in case I really found trouble and had to camp a night somewhere. It was pretty cool weather luckily.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #107  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

nicoley - I hear ya on smores. I've actually never been camping, but I love having them at backyard fire pits. I'm glad the weigh in went well.

momtopands - Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope treatment goes well for her. I send positive vibes you and your daughter's way!

kfunk - I'm still working out my calorie level. I've set my calories to maintenance at MFP and have been eating back my exercise calories (although I haven't been including my walking calories bc that's just life ). My goal's basically just been to eat to satiety while still having a deficit of at least a couple hundred calories each day. So far this month, I've been averaging a 200 calorie deficit per day. I'm a bit all over the map though, with a couple days where I ate well over maintenance, and most days my deficit's been 250-500. I'll need to increase that average daily deficit to get the results I want. I suppose I'll need to cut out my surplus days which are usually the nights I socialize. (ETA Alternatively, I might try not eating back my exercise calories on that day and instead banking them to cover for my weekly caloric splurges.) I'm a pound up from last week, but I'm pretty sure that's just water weight. I'd been eating more carbs than my norm and I'm sooo sensitive to water weight gains when I do that. Since I'm such a slow loser ( sounds so insulting), I think I'd prefer to keep my carbs lower for a while bc it can be demotivating having fat loss masked by water weight. Anyway, enough about that. I hear ya on the struggle! Do you know what triggered your lack of motivation, or if it was a variety of factors?

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 05-14-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #108  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

unwanted37lbs: You're doing great this month!

momtopands: Thank you! TOM was very kind this month, so I was pleasantly surprised. And, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter being admitted...I hope they are able to give her the help she needs and that she will be able to come back home ASAP. Sending you and your family all the love and light that I can!

kfunk: Thank you!! And, I am sorry that you're struggling right now and hope that something breaks through to give you a well-deserved whoosh...if it can start happening to me after such a frustratingly long game of yo-yo and stalls, it will most certainly happen for you. In the meantime, I'm sending you love, as well!

nicoley73: Great job finding the balance between staying active and being able to indulge when the time calls for it...that's what making this whole endeavor a lifelong commitment is all about! Good work!

flower1: Thank you! And, nice drop for you today!

-----------------------------------------

With yesterday being Mother's Day, our oldest baked me cookies and I also let the kids convince me to take them out to a restaurant to celebrate with me, even though their dad was out of town...and, I did some damage. My dinner came out to be almost 1100cals alone -- not to mention how much sodium was in it! So, I've been worried about the scale damage for the end of the week weigh-in today after doing so much better this time around. However, even though there was a gain today, I was lucky that it was pretty minimal, considering everything. Weigh-in was 179.4 today, which means I stayed under that decade line and still showed a loss of 3.8 lbs for Week Two. So, I am still over the moon with that after so many weeks of slow losses! I'm hoping that, with my husband being out of town for a couple weeks (I tend to indulge a lot less when he isn't here with me) and there being no other planned days of celebration to navigate extra food with between here and there, I can do just as well for the rest of the month. I will also be keeping up with the gallon minimum of water, since I've been able to keep it going this whole week, and it has helped so much!

Week Two
08: 183.0
09: 182.2 - TOM.
10: 181.8 - TOM.
11: 180.8 - TOM.
12: 179.0 - TOM.
13: 179.0 - TOM.
14: 179.4
----------------------------
End of Week One: 183.2
Total Loss for Week Two: 3.8 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #109  
On the long way down

S/C/G: 188/143.2/135

Height: 5'-7.5

Gardenerjoy I just read your goal story the other day, and your techniques are almost identical to the techniques that I settled upon. Thanks for sharing that, it’s inspiring to read. And congrats on your continued dedication and success.

Momtopands Thinking of you through your trials and tribulations. It’s so hard to see our children hurting or in trouble. Worst feeling in the world. I hope that she’s able to get what she needs from this and ultimately end up in a better place. Hugs.

Ange82much Your mention of feeling good all the time is exactly what stops me from eating junky food. It’s such a change from heartburn and low energy (even on days I’m tired) that I don’t WANT to eat junk.

Kfunk6113 Ok, so your talk about sodium triggered me to look at my intake vs. weight and there seems to be a direct correlation between high sodium and weight stall for the next three days. I'm going to be much more careful about that moving forward.

Nicoley73 Hope you had fun camping and canoeing with the new puppy.

Flower1 Thanks and glad you’re heading down!

Ophelia Woo hoo, you are magic! Whooshing during TOM?! My fingers are crossed for you to continue your magic through the end of the month. ) Hope you had a fantastic Mother’s Day.

Unwanted37lbs Awesome work so far, good luck this month!

CoolChickie Welcome! The support and camaraderie on this site is nothing like I’ve found anywhere else. It helps me every day, and I hope it does the same for you.

So it happened again. We were planning to go out to a specific restaurant for Mother’s Day, so I planned carefully what I was going to eat. It was my pick, and I was pretty excited. Then, we ended up at a different restaurant. Panic! I made good choices at the new restaurant and took a picture of my food for entering later. I ended up below where I would have at the other place and got to eat much more. I’m bummed we didn’t get to go to my restaurant but such is life.

Went on a 20 mile bike ride yesterday and saw a huge King snake, lizards, and a crane close enough to touch. I may have pushed myself a little bit beyond comfort, but I feel pretty good today. Didn’t feel great after the ride, probably a combination of the rich food and exertion. I just had a protein shake for dinner. Drinking lots of water this week to see if I can minimize sodium impact on my week.

07: 177.4

Week Two
08: 177.0
09: 177.0
10: 176.6
11: 175.8
12: 175.2
13: 175.0 TOM
14: 175.0 TOM
Total Loss for Week Two: 2.4 lbs.
SnowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

SnowMama - great ride - I hope you have recovered!
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #111  

Holding steady. Did okay yesterday but got into the sugar last night. I try not to keep sweets in the house because I have little self control but we have leftovers from camping.

SW:150.4
GW: 144.4

Week One
01: 150.4
02: 151.0
03: 150.2
04: 149.0
05: 148.8
06: 149.0
07: 148.0
Total Loss for Week One: 2.4 lbs

Week Two
08: 148.0
09: 148.8
10: 149.4
11: 149.2
12: dnw
13: dnw
14: 148.6
Total Loss for Week TWO: +.6 lbs

Week Three
08: 148.6
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Three:
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Nicoley
Quote:
Although I was very active this weekend, I did not stay on plan at all. I did try to be mindful of portions, and to keep the junk to a minimum
Bravo!!!

Flower- nice drop, good job!!

Ange- Thank you, I really appreciate your support. I hadn’t thought about it that way until I read what you wrote… in my mind I am struggling to lose, but really I have been maintaining and that is something I haven’t been able to do in the past. I definitely won’t give up!!

Nightowlrn - It sounds like you are VERY handy when it comes to fixing your bike, that is awesome!!!

Lunkah
Quote:
My goal's basically just been to eat to satiety
This part is hard for me lately, but it’s a work in progress! The calorie levels make my head spin, it seems like there is such a fine line. It’s nice that you are playing around with it, you will find what works the best for your body; I like the idea of not eating back your exercise calories though. I hear you on keeping your carbs lower so that you don’t start to feel impatient with the scale from the water weight holding on. I do know it all started back in October; I can’t say for certain what caused it, but I think impatience was a big part of it. I just want to get past the losing stage and enter maintenance. In order to do that I will have to start working out regularly and stop binging during all of the “special occasions” that crop up this time of year.

Ophelia- Thank you I just need to fully re-commit myself and things will fall into place. I didn’t realize how long this process takes. It sounds like you had a nice Mother’s Day with your kids. That is sweet that they wanted to go out to celebrate with you! Congrats on staying in the 170’s and for your awesome week!!! You definitely deserve it.

Snowmama- Do you have a goal to stay under as far as sodium is concerned? I am sorry you weren’t able to go to the restaurant you picked, but you did a great job navigating around the new menu! Great job on your bike ride! If I saw a snake I would never, ever go again hahah!! Nice drop this week!!!

momtopands Thinking of you and your daughter, I hope that things are going better

Sw: 169.4
cw: 167.8 (-1.6)
gw: 157.8

Last edited by kfunk6113; 05-15-2018 at 08:51 AM.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #113  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

My birthday was the 12th. I can celebrate for the month, but not with food. Getting back to routine...

SW: 98.4kgs GW: 97.4kgs (-1.0 kgs)

1: 98.4 kgs
2: 97.85
8: 98.4 kgs
9: 98.35
10: 98.0
11: 98.3 (stir-fry for supper)
12:
13: 98.55
14: 98.3
15; 98.7
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

I thank everyone for the prayers and support. It is still stressful but I am happy that she is getting the help she needs. I have talked to her a few times on the phone and at least she is participating in the counseling and activities. I will be able to see her tonight. My son and I have been doing lots of outdoor work to take up the time and talking when we're not working. The garden is half weeded, tilled and planted. 6 hours of outdoor work. And today my son showed me how to mow the lawn. Now I feel like I owe him a million dollars in back pay for doing this job. I couldn't even finish the front! I have decided I need to find a way to get a riding mower.

In all these activities i'm down again in spite of eating pizza and wings last night(though I didn't go over my calories though).

Week Three
15: 254
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #115  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

SnowMama: Thank you! It was weird to be losing like that on TOM, but I am grateful! Haha. Especially since I've stalled out a little since it ended...which is just as weird, lol. Hoping it settles all back out tomorrow. And, I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day, despite not being able to go to the restaurant you originally picked. It sounds like you did very well with the change in plans, food-wise...and, great bike ride, as well!

nicoley73: Glad you maintained, despite the sweets!

kfunk: It really was nice to get out and do something with just them, despite the overindulgence on the food...lol. And, I'm glad the scale is starting to come back down for you!

gardenerjoy: Happy belated birthday!!

momtopands: Sounds like all the yardwork and gardening yesterday was a GREAT workout! And, a good way to spend time with your son, as well. And, yum...pizza! One of my favorite things, lol.

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was up a little again today at 179.8, which doesn't make sense because I hit my water goal, got in a workout, and was actually really low on the calories yesterday. Maybe too little? (Just under 1200.) I will be having another on-plan, but more typical calorie, day today, so we will see if that was the issue and if it settles back out and comes back down tomorrow.

Week Three
15: 179.8
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 179.4

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:17 AM   #116  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

great new profile pic Ophelia. Check out those collarbones!!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Gardenerjoy- Happy belated bday!!

Momtopands- I am glad to hear that she is doing well, I hope your visit was very nice! Wow, that is a lot of outdoor work, I bet your yard is starting to look great. Ours needs some serious intervention!! Nice drop as well!!

Ophelia – thank you! I bet you get a nice woosh to reward you for your trifecta yesterday!! Keep it up!! I have been hovering around 80-100 oz. of water lately and want to step that up today. The last day to weigh in for my diet bet is tomorrow and I still have 4 lbs. to go! I am bummed because this will be the first one that I lose. I have another one ending late next week that I should win though. I love your new pic!

Sw: 169.4
cw: 165.4 (-4)
gw: 157.8

Last edited by kfunk6113; 05-16-2018 at 08:13 AM.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #118  

Seems like most of us are getting back on track.

kfunk - sorry to hear about your dietbet! I played one, and won, and was going to go straight into another but thought I might not be able to handle the pressure. So I think I will join one soon - I would love to be out of the 140s and it might be the motivation I need. I'm pretty frugal!

SW:150.4
GW: 144.4

Week One
01: 150.4
02: 151.0
03: 150.2
04: 149.0
05: 148.8
06: 149.0
07: 148.0
Total Loss for Week One: 2.4 lbs

Week Two
08: 148.0
09: 148.8
10: 149.4
11: 149.2
12: dnw
13: dnw
14: 148.6
Total Loss for Week TWO: +.6 lbs

Week Three
08: 148.6
09: 147.6
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Ophelia love your new profile pic! You'll get a whoosh soon!

kfunk thank you, my visit with my daughter was not bad. She is looking good and still herself. She has been participating, even though she is ready to come home, so I hope this will be the beginning of her road to recovery.

nicoley congrats on your loss!

I figured that yesterday's weight wouldn't stay since I don't plan to be doing 6 hours of garden work everyday for my workout, so i'm fine with the bump back up. I also ate out, even though I didn't go over my calories, but still, my body hasn't been used to that for months so no complaints here.

Week Three
15: 254
16: 255.7
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 255.7
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

momtopands - I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Sounds like you had a good workout with all the yard work.

kfunk - it's tough when you're struggling with motivation but the important thing is you are not giving up and continue to be accountable - well done. I'm still struggling with my motivation but it's starting to get better.

Gardenerjoy- Happy belated birthday

SnowMama: Wow that was an amazing bike ride and great job with the change in restaurant plans on mother's day.

ophelia - I like your new profile pic Congrats on having a great week!

After reading the discussions about water intake, I upped my water intake yesterday which seemed to help and I'm staying within my points range.

SW - 132.6
May goal: 129 (-3.6)

Week 2
13: 132.4
14: 131.2
15: -
16: 130.2
17:
18:
19:

End of Week 1: 132.2
Total Loss Week 2:

Last edited by flower1; 05-16-2018 at 11:25 AM.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote