3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/315396-may-weight-loss-challenge.html)

opheliaphoenix 05-11-2018 04:44 PM

Nightowlrn: I do that a lot with walking, as well...walk out and away a certain distance instead of in a circle, which guarantees at least an equal distance to get home. It works! :yes:

nicoley73: I'm glad things are starting to move back in the right direction for you, and I hope you have fun going camping this weekend! :sunny: I haven't been camping in so long...it is something my mom's side of the family has done together every year, so I miss it!

kfunk: I will do it with you again! Yesterday, I actually drank over a gallon and a half, which is the most water I've drank in one day in about a year...lol. :lol: You and RunningRedHead on another thread are my biggest motivators for staying focused on the hydration this week, and I feel like it is actually helping a lot, so thank you for lighting that fire in me this week! :hug: I know you will hit your water goal again...and, hopefully, your chip and salsa sodium will flush back out with it when you do!

ange82much: That is one of the most important things I have learned since joining 3FC, as well...that progress is rarely linear. It's been one of the most helpful lessons I have learned and has helped me more than anything in switching away from that mindset of defeat I would so quickly get into when first starting out back in the day. And, great job on the cross-examination! :cp:

momtopands: I hope you get some movement over the weekend! :crossed:

SnowMama: I'm about to cash out my winnings from winning a few DietBets a couple of months ago, so I think I will use that to go towards a bike! It seems fitting to use it for fitness purposes, afterall...lol. :bike: And, I hope your allergies clear up soon!

CoolChickie: Welcome to 3FC! :wave: Losing 130 lbs is no small feat, so I am sure you will get back into the swing of things and start smashing your goals again soon! :yes:

flower1: Thank you, and I'm glad your scale is moving back in the right direction for you! :)

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was down a bit to 181.8 yesterday and was down another pound to 180.8 today...finally down below where I got a week ago! :yay: I think doing better on the water this week has helped me get things moving more than anything else -- that, or TOM is just being very kind to me this month. Probably a combination of both. I hit my gallon goal both on Wednesday and yesterday...and, I actually did three of my big bottles yesterday, so that's actually almost a gallon and three-quarters for the day. (6.6L) So, I'm going to keep up hitting those gallons as best I can throughout the rest of the week and see what happens. :yes:

Week Two
08: 183.0
09: 182.2 - TOM.
10: 181.8 - TOM.
11: 180.8 - TOM.
12:
13:
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 183.2
Total Loss for Week Two:

ange82much 05-11-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ange82much (Post 5357364)
SW 126
TW 122:wizard:

May 1st : 125.8
May 2nd: 124.7
May 4th: 125.4
May 5th: 124.5
May 8th: 124.5
May 9th: 123.9
May 12th: 123.2

TARGET!!!!! I weighed in at 56.0 kg today
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Realise i'm getting boring by blowing my own trumpet here but what i'm really trying to share is that I feel so good now ALL THE TIME, and what we're all trying to do here is really really worth it (even just to feel like this, without even considering the health aspects etc) So I am trying to spread a bit of that around!

And my other reason is that i'm excited and want to share that (so thanks 3FC for letting me!), but wondering whether to share this news with hubby, because then he's going to be really pleased that i'm 'back' and I can go out drinking and parties and eating 'normally', and will doubtless suggest some celebration that'll immediately take me back a few steps!! He's been great and we had an agreement at the start that this would probably take about 6 months, and he wouldn't be a 'food pusher' (tell me to eat/drink anything) and I wouldn't not go out any time and wouldn't turn down social stuff just because I was dieting, so that's all worked great, but I think he thinks it's temporary...

Anyway, i'm going to carry on for a little bit to give myself some wiggle-room and will think about future strategy in the next few weeks

Nightowlrn 05-11-2018 08:53 PM

Ange - research 5:2 or intermittent fasting to maintain. Just have a low intake (400-500) the day before and the day after you hit the town.

ange82much 05-11-2018 10:31 PM

Hi Nightowlrn - thanks! Yes, i'm familiar already with the concept and I think something like that is likely to suit me. I've already been doing the small window of eating thing all year, just 'naturally' because it suits me - which is sometimes called IF too (i,e I usually consume all my calories between 8am and 5pm, leaving 15hrs daily with zero calories), but haven't tried the 400 cals in a day thing yet, and am definitely interested for future :)

btw, it's super-cool that you can load up your bike and be independent for a few days. Love that. How much spares/repair kit do you need to take, and how are your mechanical skills for fixing up any problems? I bet there's some part of you that likes those hills really really!........

CoolChickie 05-12-2018 09:19 AM

TY for the Warm Welcome!

ange82much- Thank you for sharing. My goal is to “feel so good ALL THE TIME”! So your posting is very inspirational to me and really appreciated. :carrot:

opheliaphoenix- Thank you for the welcome and encouragement! I recently mentioned my recent struggle to lose weight to a friend of mine who is a professional bodybuilder & his 1st question was to ask about my water intake (which was not good). He told me to drink more water and I would lose weight so I think your focus is spot on and water is key to making progress in fat loss. :bravo:

Nightowlrn- Thank you! I credit (or blame as the case may be ;) ) eating out for just about every meal, including breakfast, and drinking alcohol about twice per week for the past 2 years for my weight gain and inability to lose it. I have gone through stretches of not drinking, but still ate out regularly. I am hoping committing to eating at home more often allows me to see progress on the scale.

Kfunk6113- Thanks for the welcome & encouragement! I think this website has already made a difference. Congratulations on all of your progress. Do you have any pamper you plans for when you reach the 100 lb mark? :queen:

GardenerJoy- Thank You for the welcome and for creating this thread! I am very happy to have found it. :hug:

momtopands- Thank you! I hope that you have a great weekend!:goodvibes

Yesterday, I held steady at 176.2, but knowing that I was going to check in with all of you today made me more mindful of not only how much I ate, but how much I moved and how much water I drank. This morning I weighed in at 175.4! Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!

opheliaphoenix 05-12-2018 08:05 PM

ange82much: Congratulations!!! :celebrate: I am so happy for you!!! I hope you will still check in with us after you have sorted yourself into maintenance and figured out what's going to keep you there in the long haul. :carrot:

CoolChickie: The water is making a WORLD of difference this week, so I think he's right! :yes: And, nice drop for you today!

I finally got a little whoosh! :yay:

Weigh-in today was 179.0. It may bump back up tomorrow, so I might not be officially clear of the 180s yet, but I am going to be thrilled about where I am today, at least for now...lol. :lol: I did a 5 mile for the first time in a long while last night and also got in my gallon of water for the day, both of which I think did the trick to drop down into the new decade. Fingers crossed I will be able to stay under the 180 mark at week's end! :crossed:

Week Two
12: 179.0 - TOM.
13:
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

ange82much 05-12-2018 08:53 PM

wow Ophelia - that's a super-whoosh! Congratulations!!! well done you. Enjoy your time in the 170's :)

Chunkahlunkah 05-12-2018 10:50 PM

ange82 - Congrats! :cp: :woohoo: I think that's a great idea to keep going for a little bit to give yourself some wiggle room.

CoolChickie - :welcome: Wow, congrats on your loss and maintenance! This is just a blip that you'll get through. I'm glad you're here. :)

ophelia - You're inspiring me to drink more water!

kfunk - For now, I'm counting calories, exercising on my days off, and getting in more steps on the days I work. I may have to kick all of that up a notch depending on results. So far, so good. Looks like you're in your final 20 too! What was your method for losing? Calorie counting?

Greetings and waves for all. :D :wave:

opheliaphoenix 05-13-2018 03:47 PM

ange82much: Thank you!! :sunny: I hope I can stay down in them and keep moving down from here, lol.

Chunkah: That's awesome! Lots of people here inspire me every day, so I'd be happy to inspire you to drink more water, as well. It really has made all the difference for me this week! :yes:

Weight holding steady at 179.0 again today...and, considering that I didn't get a workout in because yesterday was my husband's last day in town before leaving for training for two weeks and the fact that I was up until a little after 7am this morning from driving him to the airport (over an hour away) before dawn, I am pleasantly surprised to maintain and not bump back up! Thankfully, since it is Mother's Day, the two older kids kept the youngest preoccupied this morning so that I could get a few hours of sleep before getting up for the day because they knew I'd been up all night with their dad...so, I just woke up about 45 minutes ago. :lol:

Speaking of which...Happy Mother's Day to any and all mothers and mothers-at-heart out there today! :val3: And, I hope everyone else is having a great day, too. :wave:

Week Two
12: 179.0 - TOM.
13: 179.0 - TOM.
14:
Total Loss for Week Two:

unwanted37lbs 05-14-2018 06:37 AM

May goal - 10 lbs. That is going into June with 183.8lbs

May 02 - 193.8
May 06 - 191.4
May 14 - 187.8

momtopands 05-14-2018 07:33 AM

ange :cheer2: Yay for making it to goal!!!!!!! :cheer2: You'll do well in maintenance mode, you've been so successful this far!

ophelia Congrats on you whoosh and your new decade!!! It's about time TOM did something nice for you! :dancer:

My last few days have not been good. Missed 2 workouts though my eating wasn't bad. My daughter ended up in a residential psychiatric facility yesterday and I was really stressed and upset. I am better this morning and have been praying for her health and safety and hoping she will be able to come home soon. Needless to say I didn't even eat most of the day, though I did when I got home, and managed to get in bed by midnight. My weight was down the past 2 days and i'm trying to keep myself busy and on plan. I need stability and prayers to make it through this tough time. If you pray, I would appreciate your prayers for me and my family.

Week Two
08: 257.3
09: 257.3
10: 257.9
11: 257.9
12: ?
13: 256.8
14: 255.7
End of Week One: 258.4
Total Loss for Week Two: -2.7

kfunk6113 05-14-2018 08:37 AM

Ophelia - Great job with the water intake!! Congrats on the new decade as well!!

Ange- Congrats on making goal :carrot::carrot::carrot:!!!! I love hearing about how great you are feeling and it is very helpful to remind me that it is possible!!

Coolchickie
- Thank you! Nice drop!!! When I hit the 100 lb. mark I am going to get a manicure and pedicure. I have all sorts of treats planned for my ultimate goal, but $$ will decide how far I can take it hahah!!!

Lunkah- I have done a variation of things. Cut out alcohol and gluten, and that alone made the biggest difference, but I liked calorie counting a lot!! I switched to WW for the last 30 to try to shake things up and to regain some of my motivation (its not working). I think your plan sounds fantastic! What is the calorie count you are sticking to?

Momtopands- I am really sorry to hear about your daughter :hug:. I hope that she is able to come home soon. I will pray for your daughter and family.

I am not sure what is going on, but I have been struggling for quite some time. Things have gotten worse and I need to get a handle on it before I end up gaining more than water weight.

Sw: 169.4
cw: 170.4 (+1)
gw: 157.8

nicoley73 05-14-2018 08:45 AM

I am actually pretty happy with my weigh in this morning. Although I was very active this weekend, I did not stay on plan at all. I did try to be mindful of portions, and to keep the junk to a minimum - but we cannot camp without s'mores!

Momtopands - I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is able to get the help she needs.

SW:150.4
GW: 144.4

Week One
01: 150.4
02: 151.0
03: 150.2
04: 149.0
05: 148.8
06: 149.0
07: 148.0
Total Loss for Week One: 2.4 lbs

Week Two
08: 148.0
09: 148.8
10: 149.4
11: 149.2
12: dnw
13: dnw
14: 148.6
Total Loss for Week One: +.6 lbs

flower1 05-14-2018 11:23 AM

momtopands: I'm sorry to hear about your daughter but know that she is getting the help she needs. I will say a prayer for her.

ophelia: congrats on a new decade! - well done

CoolChickie: nice drop

May goal: 3.6 lbs

Week 1
05: 132.6
07: 132.8
09: 133.0
10: 132.6
11: 132.2
12: 132.2

Total Loss Week 1: -.4

Week 2
13: 132.4
14: 131.2
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:

End of Week 1: 132.2
Total Loss Week 2:

ange82much 05-14-2018 06:00 PM

momtopands really sorry to hear that you and your daughter are having a difficult time. That sounds really stressful. Look after yourself :hug: Hopefully she is being looked after well though - I guess she has to have the focus she's getting right now in order to get better, so wishing you better times very soon and that she improves quickly.

kfunk Really sorry to hear that you're struggling with your mojo. If it's been going on for a while and you haven't really gained weight, then that's already a great achievement, so well done you - that's tough to do and you deserve some major credit for that. It's easy to stick to your diet when it's easy, but this bit you're in right now is one of those turning points and it must be hard (cos YOU have to turn the right way!). So recognise that it's temporary, keep muddling through AND DON"T GIVE UP!! We need you to be one of those that had a sticky bit and then got through it (and gave everyone else some insight in to how they did it.) I'm looking for you to turn this into a story of inspiration, so no pressure but......:)