Old 04-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #91  

beeps It is so hard to get back in the swing of exercising. The weather is finally starting to look a bit like spring (even though it was hailing yesterday) and I hope to get back to walking a few miles a day.

Amandie30 Day Shred! Wow! I’m impressed.

Today is weigh in for me and I have to say this group really helped this week. I have been dealing with some toxic people this week and the thought of my weigh in today kept me away from devouring brownies. Oh the small victories!

SW 218
4/4 217.0
4/11 215.2
4/18 214.3
GW 199

Last edited by GigiMom; 04-18-2018 at 11:31 AM.
GigiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hi everyone,

I made it to my double fitness classes last night. The last portion of my commute home was on an overcrowded bus and also an incident caused everyone to have to wait about 10 mins before boarding. It was miserable but the commute there wasn’t bad and I am trying to not make the commute be an excuse to skip my health club.

My scale has been headed in the right direction which is a relief as sometimes after workouts I understand muscles retain water and that’s why the scale number will go up. I have been lucky this time and that hasn’t happened this week. Also doing well with foods and I pack a snack for post workout.

Today, tomorrow, and Friday I only have a single fitness class, and then Sat is the double and Sunday I have three but one is yoga which I don’t really count.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 04-18-2018 at 12:03 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

I missed my check-in, yesterday. I did get my lifting done. And had my Mother's Day celebration with my 3 kids....oldest kid is going on band-tour next week and won't be around for Mama's Day. We had fun playing away the afternoon at a board-games cafe! Oldest and I could enjoy a glass of wine and the younger two made due with slurpee-style concoctions.

So, my "eating" was NOT on-plan yesterday, due to the "surprise" mother's day....but, I am fine and even though my tummy kind of hurt afterward, I'll be okay.

Back to protein and veggies ONLY, today!
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #94  

Good job everyone, I am trying to increase my exercise time little by little. Now I do some stretches when I wake up hoping that it will lead me to get back my flexibility someday.

SW: 200
CW: 193.1
GW: 178

Last edited by I.wanna.be.cute; 04-19-2018 at 07:19 AM.
I.wanna.be.cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Great job to everyone. Just a quick drop in but i'll come back later!

SW: 267.2
CW: 260.4(-6.8)
GW: 240.5
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #96  
Debbie

Good morning all! I am back after going off the rails a bit. This was definitely a lesson for me. I thought I had it down after no slip ups for nearly a year. Giving myself a little bit of leeway is a very slippery slope for me. I am not at a point where I can wing this and maybe I never will be. I know what I need to do to be successful and I've worked way too hard and come too far to give up.

You are all doing great!!

boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #97  

PandaCupcake I just read your post where you said muscles sometimes retain water after a workout. I never realized this. This makes it SO much better when I see a slight increase in weight after exercising and eating right! It was always so disheartening to see the scale go up after doing everything “right”.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:43 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Can I please join you i am 312 lbs so v heavy

Sw 350
GW 312
GW 295

I weigh in on fri so will update then.

Xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Beeps Glad you enjoyed your mother's day with your kids and great job with your workouts!

boop we all have those times and I definitely remember that self sabotage when I was nearing my goal, many years and pounds ago. I'm glad you know your struggles and we're here to support you as you make the decision to get back on track. You have already been so successful! Forget the past, you can't change it anyway so don't give any of your energy to regret. You can and will move forward and succeed!

kayg nice losses! You're really on a roll!

amandie doing great! Keep up the good work!

Gigimom congrats on the losses and keep coming! I love this group!

Pandacupcake I am very impressed with you not allowing excuses to stop you from making it to your workouts! You'll be rewarded for your persisitence!

Iwannabecute That's amazing that you are pushing yourself!

kfunk You are doing great!

topsy81!!!!
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #100  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy81 View Post

Sw 350
GW 312
GW 295

Xxxx
Hi! Absolutely yes, you're more than welcome! Congrats on your progress so far. You're killing it.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #101  

Wow! My parents came to town for the weekend, so I wasn't online here, and LOOKIE at how busy you have all been!

Welcome to the new folks, and "hello" to everyone.

I am going to try a Project 5-in-5. That means that I have 5 weeks to lose a combination of 5 poundage/inches. I only calculate inches off natural waist and hips....so, if I lose 3 lbs, and 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips, that equals 5.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone, Sorry I have been MIA, My treadmill died and it through me outta wack for a few weeks but I got another one and am getting back on track with my exercise routine again. I have been doing great on calorie intake and still losing but just haven't felt right not being able to exercise so today I walked for an hour then started back to my workout routine and feel really motivated. I am soooo close to onederland, I can almost taste it.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #103  

I think it is really wonderful, stlrsgrl43, that you are still losing poundage even WITHOUT the exercise! Nicely done!

I need to exercise, not so much for weight loss, but for sleep regulation, stress management, mood boost, etc., etc. Sometimes exercise makes me hungry, so I know that when I am really able to exercise 6 x per week, I may not be losing more than 0.2 lbs in such a week. But, the exercise pay-off is HUGE for me. And I am okay with a slow weight loss, because I don't have that much to lose.

Mondays are my HARDEST exercise day - this does not mean that I exercise the hardest on Monday. This means that Monday is the only day that I have a planned exercise time AFTER work....and so, I usually am REALLY tired when I get to the gym. Often quite grumpy. But, I have only missed ONE week since December (excluding weeks when I am travelling...), so I am REALLY proud of myself because that is a HUGE win.

Before, I used to NOT workout on Mondays....so, I really did push myself this year, and it has been working out better. Monday is cardio - and since my only other (scheduled) cardio time is Saturdays, I actually am noticing improvement in my Saturday cardio, which HAS to be because I added in this Monday time.

BOOM!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:42 AM   #104  
Debbie

Thanks momtopands

Welcome topsy!

I had a good day yesterday. 169.6
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy81 View Post

Sw 350
GW 312
GW 295

Xxxx
Welcome Topsy81! It will be awesome for you to say goodbye to the 300s by summer! If you are like me (started at 275), it will take a while to see the sizes going down, but it will happen. You have already lost 38 pounds. That is like carrying around one of those large bags of dog food all the time!! You are doing awesome.