Old 04-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

ahhhhh ladies!!! I woke up at 8:30 yesterday morning, fed the kids breakfast and then logged on to work and worked until 3. I tried to go longer but the screen was making me sick so I focused on getting things ready for school and work today and then my headache turned into to a migraine with nausea so I couldn't come back and post.

kay OMG, roasted veggies... yummmmm!! I should try the green beans the way you make them, maybe I will be surprised!! We got pounded with snow, its ridiculous! I am glad that you didn't end up with damage aside from picking up the branches from your neighbors' trees. That must be so frustrating to only get sleep in such small spurts, I would be a bear if that was the case for me. I look forward to when my body doesn't require so much, sometimes I feel like I am sleeping my life away..

carol Congrats on being another 1.5 lbs. down, that is awesome!! I think you will be able to keep it off, especially since you notice a pattern with your last surgery! I also enjoy vegetables much more in adulthood than I did when growing up, I agree it makes a huge difference in the way that they are prepared!! I hope that you are resting up and feeling good.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #47  

kay I have been thinking about the headaches/nausea lately... at first I was thinking it was cycle related because its not unusual for me to get migraines for a few days in a row close to my period, but no I am convinced it is from drinking too much diet coke. I have cut down to 3 per day (OMG, that is still soooo much)!! You aren't prying at all!!! I just finished my TOM a few days ago, so it definitely wasn't pregnancy related. I love green bean casserole, but I think its more the cream and the toppings more than anything!

You are doing so fabulously!!! I am glad that the scale goes down, I agree 2/10's of a lb. is a huge cause for celebration!! I love how methodical you are being about your treat! I hope you find the perfect thing that gets you to your bday! Are you guys in for another round of storms??
Old 04-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #48  

kay The diet coke that I drink still has aspartame in it, and since I was drinking so much I wouldn’t be surprised if I developed a sensitivity to it. I should start cutting down even more so that when I get pregnant my body doesn’t go into shock from not having it anymore! Your comment about the caffeine and my sleep made me chuckle! I had never thought about how bad it would be if I cut all that caffeine out hahah! I hope that the storms aren’t too severe and that you are able to enjoy some nice weather in between. I always love rearranging a room/purging, it makes me feel so accomplished! Be careful moving it though!

I love how you are waiting it out until your birthday! Let me know how the cocoa powder in your coffee tastes, I might try that! You know, I noticed your starting weight from the beginning of our Spring challenge and you have made so much progress, maybe it just feels like the scale is going down slower for you? What is the deal with the eggs?! I eat like 5 per day…
We have a pretty low key weekend planned. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice so I would love clean out and vacuum my car. Hopefully we will go to the Y.. its been weeks!
Old 04-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I bought some powdered chocolate coffee creamer but didn't like it in my coffee. Now I'm stirring some into my plain greek yogurt and it's great! It was discontinued when I bought it so I will not be able to buy it again when this is gone.

I was down to 190.5, then bounced up to 193, and back down to 192 this morning. So I have a net loss of 5 lbs this week! I know it due to fluid loss from being in the hospital, but I plan on maintaining the loss and continuing on down.

I'm still very tired from the hospital stay.

Have a good, healthy weekend, everyone.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #50  

Carol With all of the IV fluids that they give you in the hospital it is a huge deal to lose weight after, instead of losing to break even with your pre-hospital weight!!! I also hope that you get your energy back soon. You are doing so well, and are close to a new decade!!

kay I bought a bunch of naturally flavored water that has no artificial sugars and I plan on using that to help me wean off the diet coke. My 3rd yesterday made me feel icky even before I had finished drinking it. I had heard about the romaine lettuce but I had not heard about the eggs until you mentioned it yesterday. I agree with staying away from them, way better safe than sorry!

You know what? I started at 256 lbs. and the ONLY time I have lost 10 lbs. in one month was the very first. I am also in awe of the ladies who can lose 10 lbs. month after month, because its not something my body can do. You are doing so, so wonderfully and you are a huge inspiration to me and it couldn't have come at a better time!! I had just commented in another thread about how amazing it was that you had 31 days and now you are at 34, wow!!!
Old 04-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #51  

I had to post separately because the computer kept eating my posts!

Today has been great so far. It is going to be a low key afternoon. My little boy and I haven't even changed out of our PJs! Hubby is bringing my daughter to a bday party and I plan on logging in and working for a while. I am hoping for an early night so that I can get up nice and early tomorrow!! I would like to go to the YMCA and also visit my inlaws this weekend, but I am not sure that there will be time for both. My husband picked up a side job delivering newspapers on the weekend so he leaves in the middle of the night and by the time he gets home in the morning he needs a nap.

At least we got our kitchen cleaned up, our house is a disaster and it stresses me out! We are pigs and can't seem to keep up it. I get stressed out because we are constantly in a state of triage.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #52  

Good morning, all. I am doing well at maintaining the loss from the hospital. Now I want to work harder to get into the 180s. I'm so close now at 191. I ate a lot yesterday at a buffet, but I will make up for it today. Lots of low calorie veggies.

Kfunk I can relate to your angst about the messy house. Mine has looked like a cyclone went through since I went into the hospital. DH is a neat person, but he tends to put things away where they don't belong and then I can't find them and he can't remember where he put them. LOL I have healed well from my hospitalization, but I am having trouble with my foot, and that keeps me from cleaning as much as I should. I would die of embarassment if company stopped in right now, unless it's someone offering to clean. LOL

I also don't get big monthly drops like others do. I try not to compete.

Kay, you really ARE keeping calories low! They are changing their attitude toward very low calorie eating, that it is healthier long term than they originally thought. It's so hard to forget what we were taught for years.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #53  

kay Congrats on your new low!!! I am reading trying to find where you were a bad girl and I can't find it!! I think you might be referring to eating too few calories this weekend? For what its worth, I completely agree with your decision to not eat just for the sake of eating. I think it all balances out because there will be days that we are hungrier than normal. I think that today I am going to change my mind and instead of going to they Y and visiting my inlaws we will focus on getting the house in order and figuring out the logistics for my daughter's friend bday party next weekend. I think that will help me calm down and mental health is totally worth it!

I am so jealous that you got all of your projects done already and now you can relax for the rest of your weekend! I am a huge procrascinator so I love hearing about people who tackle their projects right away! I hope that you don't lose power!
Old 04-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #54  

carol Congrats on another new low!!! It feels so good to be so close to another new decade! I am eating my weekly "cheat" meal right now and then I plan on following your lead and finishing the day with plenty of veggies. I feel the same way about feeling embarrassed if we were going to have any unexpected visitors! All the friends in our neighborhood are used to it, so they can come over and I don't care haha! I will say that our house looks "perfect" to people who are only over for when we host parties, so at least we can pull it together when it matters.

kay I forgot to mention that I do not like tea. I have tried to embrace it but its just not my thing. I also tend to feel icky after drinking it so it might be an association thing. When I get pregnant I will swap out my morning coffee and replace it with a cup of hot cocoa (very small amount of caffeine in chocolate) and then drink regular water and sparkling water (with no artificial sweetners)
Old 04-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #55  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Well this is my last weekend of holidays and back to work after 3 weeks on Monday. Can't say i'm looking forward to that. Not much planned for this weekend but was very happy with yesterdays effort of cooking up 3x large batches of stuff :did a big turkey cacciatore type thing, a big chicken/mushroom/cabbage/peppers/herbs dish, and a load of roast veggies. I'm very lazy with cooking and not fussy with eating, so happy to cook big batches then freeze portions then eat them defrosted/reheated later.
I have to be cross examined in court the week after next for a couple of days to defend a patent challenge at work, and I normally don't wear office stuff at all, so this weekend I need to buy some suitable clothes. The frustrating part about this is that the case was supposed to happen last year, and I bought a suit, then they ran out of time and my bit got delayed til now. Well, in the meantime I've lost 33lb and dropped a few sizes, so the suit's hanging un-used (and not really worth trying to alter) and i'll need to find something else....
Tonight is football. We have season tickets and our team's in the semi-final tonight so looking forward to that (except that it's forecast rain!). And other than that I have 50 million lots of washing to sort out after the holidays!
Anyway, all going good on the weight loss front, and it's nice to be back home again and in control of what I eat and able to measure it again

What's everyone else up to this weekend?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #56  

Well, my weekend didn't start out great, but I'm hoping to improve that for Sat and Sun.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #57  
learning maintenance

Hi All, How is your weekend going so far?
Mine is all on plan. I've given myself a few opportunities to have a glass of wine, but so far not caved. On Friday night we went to the pub, and I was going to allow myself a wine, but then we'd walked quite a bit by the time we got there and I was thirsty so had a soda water instead! And yesterday I put a bottle of wine in the fridge to chill as I thought i'd have a glass before dinner (at home), but in the end I had a diet tonic instead and never quite got round to the wine. I guess my thinking is that i'll only have it if I really want it, and not just because I can. Maybe tonight though....
Not a lot else going on this weekend. Just routine stuff. Although I did go to the knitting shop yesterday and got wool for an arran jumper and started knitting that (whilst sat in the sun! still great weather here!)
Old 05-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #58  

Hi ladies, I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekends! I went MIA last weekend, but have been back on track since Monday.

Yesterday we went to Mall of America and we were there all day. I ended up surprising myself and did really well! I am just a few lbs. away from my low weight and hope to get there this week.

ange Great job pushing back the drinks until you really want them!! I posted in the Spring to Summer challenge, but your good decisions are really paying off; you look fabulous!!

kay and carol How are you doing this weekend?
Old 05-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #59  

kay Holy CRAP!! 50 days!?!?!? That is insane!!! You are doing sooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!! Can you tell a difference in your body from all this exercise? Thank you, I wish that I would have worn my fitbit.. we walked until we were all about to die from exhaustion!
Old 05-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #60  
learning maintenance

Ok, it's only Friday, but I expected to be away from work until tonight - but i'm back home! This means I have an extra day all of a sudden. More importantly the extra day is a FRIDAY and weekend is coming. This weekend the weather is about to turn wintery for the first time, and hubby is working most of it, and we don't have any social plans planned (I don't think),so this means I can rug up at home and get on with my knitting I know, it's all too much!!!