Old 03-18-2018, 12:14 AM   #16  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

kfunk great that you picked yourself right back up again today! Nice work

Good weekend for me so far. Especially good since on Friday morning I thought I was going to be away working for the weekend, but at the last minute plans got cancelled and I got to come home instead
Spent Saturday pottering around the house really, and went to the football last night. Today we've been painting the floors in the bedroom and ensuite (they were wooden boards painted black, so we've given them a re-coat of black with a matt varnish on top. Next coat of varnish due at 7pm. The scales are being nice to me, and eating's been on plan, so all good. It's a bit hot though 100F+ today, which is unusual for the back end of March.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. I, too, wondered where the weekend thread was, but I am not good about keeping up with posting. I did well over the weekend. I am going to try out alternating 1 meal a day and 2 meals a day in an effort to quit the darn snacking that bites me in the butt every time. For now, I plan to do this for 2 weeks, until Apr 1, Easter, and then reevaluate at that time to see if I want to continue. I am hoping that this IF helps lower my insulin levels and improves my diabetes.

I'm also hoping to get back to exercising on a regular basis. I think I say that every week! LOL

Kfunk, maybe we could just continue on with the same weekend thread instead of starting a new one each weekend. That would take the pressure off you to remember to start a new one. We could all just come here on the weekends. What do you think?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-18-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

ange Thank you! That is awesome that plans got cancelled and you were able to stay home. I love the way that fresh paint looks, it is a lot of work though, I bet it will turn out great! Great job staying on plan and even better that the scale is behaving!! That is HOT, does it come with humidity or is it a dry heat?

kay You totally could have added on to the thread on Friday, it wouldn't have been a downer at all!!! I think that it is really awesome that you have been sticking to your plan even though the scale is being frustrating. A couple years back I started a workout routine and was very good for about 7 weeks, and in that time the scale didn't budge but my body changed a lot and I looked a lot different for the better. You are eating on plan and I wasn't so I am sure it won't take that long for you to see the scale move. When I am in the process of going down a size the scale won't budge, maybe that is what is going on with you? That is awesome that your shirts are getting baggy!! Hopefully some of the food substitutions will shake things up! I love cucumbers and pickles!

carol I have heard so many good things about IF, I hope that it works well for you and you notice a difference in your insulin and blood sugar levels! Our family joined the YMCA last weekend so we have been going to work out and then after we take the kids swimming. I am excited to go back today!

I think that would be a great idea!! Is there any way to modify the title of the post to get rid of the "#3" so it just says weekend thread?

Yesterday ended up being a good day all around. I got a good workout in and was able to resist some cookies that looked really good. I just told my husband that he needs to make the rest disappear, don't care if he throws them away or eats them, they just need to be gone.

As I was in the middle of posting this I started to feel really groggy and tired, I felt drugged. I went back and looked at the counter and realized I took one of my husbands sleeping pills instead of my thyroid medication. I can't believe I did that, I'm an idiot!!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #19  

I finished up the day strong with my points (1 under) so that's good. I didn't get enough water in though. I ended up taking a long nap to get the sleep meds out of my system and then that left no time to go work out. We are scrambling to get the kids ready for school and getting the house in order!

I hope that everyone finished the weekend off strong!!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #20  

kay I hear you on the antihistamines. I don't know how people can take Benadryl and function, I can still feel the effects of it the next day. Look at you rocking the weekends you are good!!
Old 03-21-2018, 04:38 PM   #21  
learning maintenance

The weekend for me sort of starts tonight (Thursday). Friends are taking us out to a mystery restaurant to celebrate both mine and DH 50th birthdays (our birthdays are 6 months apart and both gone by, but we're not complaining). So tonight will definitely be more calories than i'm used to. That's ok.
Then on Friday afternoon i'm setting off for a weekend away with the girls to a wine region about 3hrs drive away, for a mini-break. There's 4 of us and we'll do a bit of walking and exploring, but also a bit of winery visiting and drinking, so it's going to be tricky to manage the calories there too I think! My plan is to be as sensible as reasonably possible - i.e. just make the best choices I can as I go. Luckily i'll be the one driving, so a good excuse to skip the wine part at least.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #22  

kay I am excited for the next leg of the challenge, glad to see that you have joined!! How has your week been so far? I am back down to my lowest after 2 off plan days last week!

ange Happy belated birthday!!! I hope you guys enjoyed your dinner out! Your trip sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time!!! You did SO well traveling last week, no doubt you will be able to keep making sensible choices and also enjoy yourself!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Kfunk. I have edited the thread title to just say Weekend Thread, and we can continue to just add on to it every weekend.

I am laid up with a bum foot. I had tendonitis in the left foot and after that healed I stopped wearing my orthotics. Big mistake, because now I'm having the same issue with the right foot and I can't find my orthotics. So off to the store I go. I will find them after I buy new ones.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #24  

kay
Quote:
I didn't even go over my calories and I still had to push hard for 2 weeks to get back to my low. Body be crazy!
Truer words have never been spoken!! I bet you are going to have an awesome drop once the scale surrenders! Thank you!

carol Thank you for fixing the title for me! I hope that you were able to find something that will give you some relief

Does anyone have fun plans this weekend? I have a TON of work to catch up on, not looking forward to that. I also have a few things to do around the house and would like to make working out a high priority as well. Hopefully I will have enough energy to work out tonight after work and I know the kids would love to go swimming after!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:40 PM   #25  

Kay I have always admired people who get their chores or other obligations out of the way early in the day. I am the opposite, not a morning person at all and I am a big procrastinator!!

Had a good, fast paced workout on the treadmill tonight and then hung out in the pool for a while. My points were good, water was good and got a workout - trifecta! Now I need a good night sleep!!
Old 03-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #26  

kay 5 days in a row is awesome, look at you go!!! Good job hitting the weights nice and early!!

I need to incorporate a weight lifting routine, but for now will just focus on walking.. I don't want to do too much too soon because exercise is something that I am notorious for quitting!

We will be out in about all darn day today. We are leaving in about an hour to go run errands and go visit my inlaws. When we get back we will either go to the Y to go swimming with the kids or it will be too late and I will try to get in the 30 Day Shred video. I have about 8-10 hours of computer work to do and will need to fit that in somewhere.

I hope that everyone is having a great start to their Saturday!!
Old 03-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #27  

kay It sounds like you are kicking butt with your calorie and exercise goals, it definitely helps to keep me dedicated so thank you!! I hope the coffee helps perk you up, I didn't remember to drink mine yesterday and I could really tell with how much yawning I was doing!

I was able to sleep in again, which is the "me time" you were referring to I went over by 2 point yesterday but I still have a ton of weekly points left. I am up 1.2 lbs. from yesterday morning and I am attributing that to a very sodium filled dinner last night.

Today I am going to log in and get that work done and then hopefully we will go to the Y in the late afternoon. I did not get a workout in yesterday. I will be really focusing on chugging water today!

I hope that everyone is having a nice Sunday!!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #28  
learning maintenance

I had a great weekend - had a girls weekend away in a local wine region and staying at a resort hotel next to town. Luckily we were all walkers, so we managed to get some walking in amongst the wine tasting. Alcohol was responsible for far too many calories this weekend, but also specialities of the region that we had to sample included, olives, olive oil, honey, cheese and fruits etc etc, so whereas we didn't really over-indulge at mealtimes (other than alcohol, did I mention that?), we did a fair bit of 'grazing'. Anyway, bizarrely the scales have taken all this in their stride and decided to drop another 1lb in the process, so i'll take that, and perhaps not get on them for another few days so I don't have to know any other story!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:27 PM   #29  
learning maintenance

sooooo. 4-days Easter break starts tomorrow night. Hurray!!!
What has everyone got planned?

Quite modest for me and should be ok food-wise. I'm out trekking for the day on Friday, then date night with hubby, hitting the shops to find something for my mum's 90th birthday present on Saturday, we've got friends (who like to eat and drink lots) coming to ours for a long boozy lunch on Sunday, so this will be the biggest challenge of the weekend diet-wise. And not much on Monday (jobs around the house probably - we've just painted bedroom and got new furniture, so still have to sort out the old stuff, hang pictures, maybe buy nik naks etc, and argue about a large palm plant in the bedroom that I like and hubby doesn't so I want it to stay and he wants it to go!).
Old 03-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #30  

Good morning ladies

kay My husband is like you and gets little sleep. I don't know how he functions because I am still sleepy if I get 10 hours! That is awesome that you "threw away" your extra calories

I also refuse to give up my coffee (until I get pregnant), it makes my mornings sooooo much better!!! I hope that you are able to figure out your signature stuff.. I do know that it wont update for a few hours, so even if you can't see what you did it *should* show later. Did you end up making it 7 days in a row with your step count?!

ange I hope you enjoy your 4 day break!!! A date night sounds amazing!! I hope that your mom has a great bday and you enjoy the time with your friends! Your comment about the palm plant made me smile, I hope you win! have 3 days off and don't have a lot planned. On Friday I am babysitting a 2 year old and a 4 year old, so with 4 total I should have my hands full!! My 6.5 year old will be a super helper though! Then on Sunday we are going to my inlaws for Easter. When I think back to last Easter's train wreck there is only room for improvement haha!!

I do hope that I can do a better job getting my workouts in this weekend. We only made it to the Y last Friday, this time I am hoping for 2 out of the 3.