Old 01-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm in

Hi Everyone, I am completely new to these forums and hoping the accountability/community will help keep me focused and inspired. I've read your posts thus far and believe this forum AND full year goal will work best for me. I would like to join up if it's not too late!

Valentine's Day Challenge

Challenge Begin Weight: 204 lbs
Challenge Goal Weight: 198 lbs
Challenge End Weight: 150 lbs

1/1:
1/8:
1/15:
1/22:204
1/29:
2/5:
2/12:
Valentine's Day:
wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #47  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Wallace Welcome to the challenge. This is a very supportive group. I am definitely in it for the long haul! I also appreciate the consistency of a year long group.

WannabehealthyHang in there! Your awareness of your patterns is the beginning of breaking them!

Congratulations to every body who had losses!

I am on Cloud 9 with a NSV. Although I weigh one pound more than I did 3 months ago, I have lost 6% body fat! Only 4% more and I will be in the healthy range!!! It is very motivating to see my efforts pay off in a nonscale way.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:16 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

wallace Welcome!! I hope you enjoy it here!!

activeadventurer WOW, congrats That is amazing!! I am going to be shifting my goal towards lowering my %. I have a scale that tells me, and I am not sure how accurate that is, but figure any reductions will be consistent for me and show me I am headed in the right direction!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #49  

Default Diet/exercise

Thanks for the kind welcomes activeadventurer and kfunk6113. Congrats on all your achievements thus far! I am sure over the course of the year our exercise/diets will evolve but if this is not too forward or nosey of me I would really like to hear what y'all are doing to get to your goals. As far as diet and exercise go... I just began Crossfit 3x/week and spin class 2x/week. We'll see how long that lasts - kinda sore right now! Lol. The diet is the hardest part as you all probably know. If I can drastically reduce my sugar/chocolate/bread intake I can at least get my daily calorie consumption into the weight loss zone. So, I am tapping into my already limited willpower for this challenge! Thanks so much for sharing and motivating!!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #50  

wallace That is not nosy at all!! I have focused on changing my diet so far, but plan on doing both soon. I started out by cutting out wheat and that led to eating WAY less processed food. I drastically reduced the amount of alcohol I drink.. I think I drank 4 times in 2017. I am currently calorie counting. I usually fall between 1400-1650 calories. The first 6 months that I cut out wheat my sugar cravings virtually disappeared and I was eating around 1000-1200 without being hungry. Now, I eat more but I am still losing. I drink a ton of water. I don't drink regular soda or juice, its all regular water, la Croix water, tea, coffee or diet soda.

Great job starting at Crossfit!! I am planning on working out tonight. I have had two 3 week periods of time since I started where I was working out consistently, but I always fall off. I am tired at the end of the day and even though I know it would make me feel better, it is easier for me to go to bed then to stay up and work out. That has to change though!
Old 01-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #51  
Hanging in the Heartland

WallaceI do not follow a particular diet. I go to Weight Watchers (this year only) and love their app. I am not even in the ballpark as far as limiting points are concerned. I have drastically cut or eliminated grains and dairy due to sensitivity issues. I have been in a many years long process and have eliminated most processed foods except for occasional eating out experiences. I think everybody has to experiment and find out what works for them.

I do exercise when able about an hour a day. Nothing too intense, light weights, walking... I find it helps my mental as well as physical health. Keep us posted on how things are going!
Old 01-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #52  

Hmmm you guys may be onto something there with wheat products. I am impressed with your fortitude! I will make an effort to reduce my sugar/bread intake. Crossfit is hard- especially if you are overweight and outta shape like me (but I am not the oldest in the class which is refreshing lol). And even after just a few classes I am feeling some strength improving. So, I'll try to stick with it. Thanks for the good vibes!! I am sending them right back to you! Keep up the good work.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #53  

wallace That is so awesome that you can feel your strength improving, very cool!! I think you might be surprised and how the cravings for carbs go away after a few days of eliminating wheat/sugar. What calorie range are you shooting for?
Old 01-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am in Onederland this morning, by a hair. So I'm not changing my stats until Sunday, which is my official weigh in day. I hope I hold this. This give me incentive to be very diligent today and tomorrow.

Activeadventurer,
this is the first time I have really analyzed my behavior as far as weight loss goes. In the past I just went along willy nilly. Being aware of the things I am doing and how they are effecting my weight and health has changed things for me.

We went to Tx Roadhouse for dinner yesterday. I was very careful about how much I ate. No rolls. No potato. The only thing I finished was my salad. I ate veggies and ribs, but as soon as I no longer felt hungry I stopped. I brought home leftovers. So far I am not temped to eat them, and won't do it unless I truly get hungry and no other meal is coming. I might pull the meat off the rest of the ribs and feed it to my dog. This is a change for me. In the past, I have eaten my leftovers before bedtime, or the next day for lunch. I have to learn that it's OK to waste food. I feel that I am learning to eat like a normal person.

Welcome, Wallace! Good to see you here. I also have to be very careful with bread products. It's really best if I avoid them altogether if I can. They can start a binge for me very easily. I do try not to eliminate any food from my diet, but be mindful of portions. My biggest problem is not what I eat, but how much. I find I am more easily satisfied if I eat a smaller portion of what I am actually hungry for rather that what I think I should be eating. I also find that the more vegetables I eat, the fewer cravings I have.

I just recently got back to exercising. I do not want to do it. I have to push myself. I want to ensure I do not lose my mobility. I do low intensity. I figure low intensity is better than no intensity. Yesterday I upped the speed on my treadmill as the 2 MPH I had been doing started to feel like a crawl. I will increase it as time goes on.

This challenge is making a world of difference to me. I have a doctor's appointment in May, and want to be able to show a noticeable improvement.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:24 AM   #55  

Thanks kfunk6113! I am shooting for 1300c a day. I believe my resting calorie (BMR) is btw 1700-1800. So with a ~500c daily deficit and exercise I should lose a solid 1.5 lbs per week. Of course that's only math and reality will have the final say. But nevertheless that's my daily goal. And, as you rightly point out: I am on day 3 of no bread/sugar and the cravings are becoming less. I think increasing my water intake has helped too. So yay!

Congrats Wannabehealthy!! Onederland is wonderful and such an achievement! Keep up the good hard work and stay strong!! You are not alone in the portion size control issue. I too eat way more than I need to and stopping is hard. I believe self control is the one gift I do not readily employ. There are so many things in life that we don't have ANY control over but we do have control over what we put in our bodies. And I know from experience that it feels so good to find balance and discipline with food/exercise. So you both have now inspired me to get on my bike this morning! Thank you!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #56  

carol Congratulations on seeing Onederland!! I hope that tomorrows official weigh in shows you the same!! You are doing wonderfully!! I have to say, I was very impressed reading about your dinner out. Stopping when satisfied is something that I struggle with!!

Quote:
this is the first time I have really analyzed my behavior as far as weight loss goes. In the past I just went along willy nilly. Being aware of the things I am doing and how they are effecting my weight and health has changed things for me.
Bravo!!! Congrats on working out when you don't want to and that is awesome that you are already increasing your speed!!!

wallace You are doing amazing!!! Are you weighing in every day, or do you have a weigh in day? It feels SO good to find balance with food and exercise, well put!! Congrats on getting on your bike this morning!!

Last night was a bit iffy for me. I ate 1200 calories, maybe more over my normal day. I didn't do horrible, but definitely not great. I got lucky and weighed in the same today so I am going to use that as motivation to make sure that I do my workout video today and drink all my water and stay on plan. I might even shave 100 or so calories off my usual. We will be going out for our weekly breakfast tomorrow morning as well.. hopefully I can make good choices!
Old 01-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I hate going out for breakfast. Breakfast at home is usually just scrambled eggs, and I don't eat it until around 10 or even later. DH loves to go out for breakfast, but it's earlier and I always over eat and eat things I shouldn't.

I was going to eat my leftover ribs for lunch today but they just didn't appeal to me. The dog loved them. LOL I ate the broccoli and carrots. Yay me!! They were in the container with the ribs, and had a bit of bar-b-q sauce on them. Yummy!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:57 PM   #58  
Hanging in the Heartland

Fun hearing from so many folks. Kudos to all for raising the bar! Business as usual for me food and exercise wise. My WW meeting was canceled last week due to snow. I am looking forward to checking in on Monday. I went to the gym last Friday, could not find street parking, pulled into the ramp and it was $35!!!!! to park for an hour. I will return to the gym AFTER the Super Bowl where I can park on the street for free and in the ramp for $4!!! So far traffic has been OK.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #59  

kfunk6113: Thanks again for the good vibes. I weigh myself on Mondays... and I may try everyday. Do you do everyday? If so, does it help? Excellent job on the exercise and eating well! Impressive!

activeadventurer: OMG! It's hard enough to just gear up and go to the gym... I hear you on ridiculous parking situation!

Wannabehealthy: I hear you on the breakfast thing. My issue is I do alright until the evenings. I tend to stick to the plan then at dinner I eat too large a portion. Not b/c I am hungry but because of habit or laziness or tiredness (ie. dropping my guard). That is my biggest hang-up right now and need to be more vigilant.

Alright, I wish you all a successful day and look forward to seeing/posting progress tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

I was happy with my week overall - down 1.4. I decided to change my weigh-in day to Sunday instead of Monday for this challenge.

wannabehealthy - congrats on hitting Onederland
activeadventurer - I hope your week is going well - wow, that is super expensive 1 hour parking
wallace - welcome. I like your food and exercise plans. I also got rid of wheat products and it has really helped with the bloating.
kfunk - I hope your breakfast out went well today.
mara, ally, vickielou - waving hi - I hope your week is going well

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Challenge Begin Weight: 138.2
Challenge Goal Weight: 132.2
Challenge End Weight:

1/08: 138.2
1/15: 136.6 (-1.6)
1/22: 136.2 (-0.4)
1/28: 134.8 (-1.4)
2/04:
2/11:
Valentine's Day:

Last edited by flower1; 01-28-2018 at 04:01 PM.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote