Old 03-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #271  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

nice one curvey . Do you get to take a break when the students do? Are you due for a relax after the hectic-ness? I'd call 'remaining' progress - anything that's not gaining when you don't want to, is a lifetime-long achievement I reckon.

I dropped a smidge more this morning (Sunday) so am sitting below my trendline now and expecting a plateau, but i'm definitely getting some NSV's on the options in my wardrobe this last couple of weeks.
Just to make you all jealous (or possibly not) it was 88F here yesterday, 72F as an overnight low, and forecast 100F today, which is rather toasty for the time of year. We'll be 'celebrating' by painting the bedroom floor. Joy. Not.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Very happy. 187.6 means I lost 2.4 lbs this week. Haha, It track Mon to Mon on one thread and Sun to Sun on this one so my weight loss varies between the two, but it is very nice to have it happen as I woke up this morning feeling very bloated and even dreaming about having to poo so I was dreading stepping on the scale. Yikes. I have never had such a dream. It was just very real but I did not get up having to go!

I am not likely to meet my goal for the challenge with an overall of 2lbs / week but I am still happy. Ange82much, I do hear you about not being hungry. It depends more on WHAT you eat I think and if you cut out foods that trigger you, you don't feel hunger the same way. I know I can feel empty and even growly but it is not an emptiness that puts me in a "gotta eat" mode. Just a bit more cautious about taking those calories so low. Will you have any before and after blood panels to see how blood count and chemistries are impacted? It would be a good study.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone, hit a new low of 208 this morning so pretty happy. Just had breakfast and going to workout now.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #274  
learning maintenance

great work grannynancy with another good week. I've not had my bloods measured for years, so I won't be able to do comparisons i'm afraid. Historically my bp's been a bit high, and so has my cholesterol, and that's when I was thinner and very active, so i'm sure they've been terrible recently, which is partly the motivation for me to improve my diet. Yep, the low calorie diet definitely has to include some good fats and plenty of protein to keep me from not being hungry. Previously I ate pasta and breads, but ended up being more hungry on more cals than I have this time around. Previously though, I've done lots of exercise too, and I haven't this time, and that definitely makes me more hungry as well.

stlrgrl42 - congratulations on your new low! Bet you feel good! Great to hear you're doing the exercise as well. Are you finding it easy to get out and do your lifting/workouts? Or is it something that you have to push yourself to do a bit?
Old 03-18-2018, 06:45 PM   #275  

Thanks ange, I do feel pretty good. I don't have to leave my house to work out, I have everything I need in my basement? I am lucky with the set up I have. Most days I do well but there are those days when I have to drag my but and force myself to workout. I especially have problems if I don't get it done in the morning because that's when I have most of my energy. I try to do them every other day.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY EVERYONE:
I've been like a slug in this challenge. Winter in my tough time of year for me, but I have hope for Spring.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new fitness tracker, as I still haven't found my missing Fitbit. I seem to be always searching for something these days, LOL If it's not the Fitbit, it's an ear piece (or a little supplemental battery piece) that has fallen of my bluetooth headphones.

I hope everyone has a good week ahead. I'm off to watch the movie "Wonder".

Ange82much:
Congrats on your 2.42 lb. loss this week! I'm definitely not jealous of 100 degree temps, LOL We are a couple days away from the first day of Spring in the U.S. I love Spring and the milder temperatures.

Hope your floor painting goes well.

Curvynotlumpy:
I'm sorry you have had a tough week. I hope that you are feeling better. Hopefully, work settles down after finals.

Flower1:
You are so close to goal weight, that all those partial poounds add up.

GrannyNancy:
Congrats on losing 2.4 lbs! Even without pooping, LOL

Thanks for the advice on a way to try to track down my fitbit. Unfortunately, the battery was almost dead at the time I lost it.

Stlrsgrl43:

Congrats on hitting a new low of 208! Wow, youe 6.8 lb. loss this week is fantastic.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:02 AM   #277  
learning maintenance

munchey you've done great to maintain this winter, and you've kept posting and been accountable, so whilst it might be not what you've wanted it's still a definite achievement not to give up or to gain weight. That's something that i'm worried about - that if i'm not losing weight i'll lose interest in the whole thing and just put it back on again - at least you've proved you can stick with this over a long time period and you're prepared to give it time which means your more likely to be successful in the long run
Old 03-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #278  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I am right there with Munchey - we are maintainers in the winter months - I applaud us. Spring and more daylight will definitely aid in the losing mode once more!

I congratulate all of you that are doing so well: new lows are amazing and to be proud of, for sure!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:38 AM   #279  

The weekly stats, for 3-18-18, appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! We are getting close to the finish line, as April 1 is just around the corner.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

PLEASE NOTE: If you did not provide a weight entry for this week, you won't appear on the chart. If you provide a weight entry next week, you will appear on that chart. A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #280  
learning maintenance

Thanks Munchey - you're getting a nice little pattern happening now with 0.5 off per week! Spring must be on it's way! Good work.
Stlrsgrl - WOW! 6.8lb That's huge!! Guess you had a low ish one (for you) the week before, so it's well deserved this week. Congratulations!!
Grannynancy - obviously another good solid week on track for you too. Excellent stuff.

I just hit my 10kg weight loss mark this morning! As Munchey says, we only have two weeks to go on this. I've changed so much in that time and am even half considering posting before and after pics! So thanks all for the company and support and especially to Munchey for keeping it all going.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:07 AM   #281  

Hit another new low this am 185.2 which is down 2.4 from last Sunday. I will do all possible to try to hold onto that loss as it would be a good one for the week.

Stlrsgrl - yay for the big loss! It is funny how it works sometimes.

Ange - You still continue to surprise and amaze me with your progress. I am looking forward to learning about your transition to maintenance and hope to follow you there.

Munchey - here is to breaking out of winter and a new Spring push! Have fun shopping for a new tracker.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #282  
learning maintenance

grannynancy I made my target for this challenge, but I am still what feels like a long way off maintenance. My trendline says June, but I think i'll slow down as I get closer, and also have a 2-3 week holiday in Europe coming up in about 3 weeks, so i'm thinking probably July/August realistically. i'm keen to get another 4kg off because history says i'll be another clothing size down at 58kg,, and i'll be able to wear all the stuff in my wardrobe again after about 4 years being too heavy!! yes, you're right though, my transition to maintenance and holding there will be a big challenge also.

Last edited by ange82much; 03-22-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:35 AM   #283  

It appears we have really dropped off big time . I am enjoying the challenge and *may* reach my goal week of 183 with only 1.6lbs to go so I am excited. This week was a good week but already a small bounce up this am so we will see. Sure going to give it a good go.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #284  

I am disappointed in myself, I saw 206 in the middle of the week but it didn't stick, I didn't eat to good over the weekend, it wasn't really bad but bad enough. I just got done eating an apple and yogurt and going to workout now.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #285  

Hey Everyone:

I only have time for a quick note. Hopefully, I can get back later for personals. I did fairly well with exercise last week: 2 trips to the gym and 2 days with mileage from the riding center. I stepped on the scale mid week, and the scale hadn't moved. I don't do well with mid-wee weigh ins, as I get disappointed if the scale doesn't match what I feel. For now, I just stuck with that weight and I'll see if the scale likes me on 4-1-18. It's April Fools day and Easter at the same time.

I've ventured out to start using some of the machines at the gym. My goal is to try to do circuit routines, and work in weight machines between cardio. It can be a challenge, as so many people tend to camp out on a piece of equipment for way too long. Cell Phones seem to contribute to the situation. i.e. do one set, pace around the piece of equip. and stare at the phone, drink some water, pace some more, stare at the phone some more, put on more weight & then do another set.

I definitely don't want to waste time waiting, so I'm going to have to work out an alternate game plan. While I'm on the bike or the rowing machine, I tend to spot my target equipment, for my next exercise. Let's say I was disappointed several times last week. Just as I got off the rowing machine or the bike, someone jumped on my target weight machine.

I still haven't found my lost Fitbit, so I bought a new Altra HR. Sam's Club had a $20 off deal for one with 2 extra bands. At Sam's, you grab a card that represents your purchase and then someone brings the item to the register. I selected a Large, but the person brought a small to the checkout clerk . Since I purchased a lot of groceries at the same time, I didn't take time out to verify the size.

Oh well, I set up the new Fitbit on Sunday. I have to wear it on the 2nd to the last notch, so it fits tighter than I'm used to. Guess that's better for the heart rate monitoring feature. I've already started shopping at Amazon for some alternate bands in a larger size. Actually, there are some cute ones to choose from.

Hope everyone has a great day and week. I've got to go for now.

Last edited by munchey; 03-26-2018 at 02:17 PM.