Old 01-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 262/226/135

Thanks Munchey, I updated the spreadsheet today with goals and will put my new weight in on Sunday. I started today, so excited I couldn't wait! lol
BellaLuce4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Thanks Munchey. I put in my goal weight of 183 which is 2lbs a week for the time between now and April 1. Will weigh in on Sunday to get starting weight. Going to read through the posts! 183 will get me "out of" the obese range.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-03-2018 at 09:48 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 262/226/135

Lets do it together. I have not moved for a long time and a gym is out of the question for me personally at my size. I just stated beginner videos online and I will admit it feels great to start moving again : )
BellaLuce4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:24 AM   #19  

Hey everyone! I just got back in town from a very indulgent (food wise) vacation and I'm more than ready to get started on getting rid of the weight. I'll be playing around with my diet a little bit since it seems like I have been bloated every single day for the last 4-5 weeks. I know that my stomach doesn't agree with a lot of nuts and starch but I felt like the amount I've consumed doesn't warrant the current severity of the bloating. Would love to hear someone's advice/experience with this! I'm also thinking of doing the rawtil4 thing for a couple of weeks to see if I can get rid of the weight a bit faster. Anyone has any success with this?
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #20  
Be happy.

I would like to join.

I'm eating a plant based anti-inflammatory, auto-immune protocol and exercising (gently) several times a week in order to loose some weight and control my arthritis symptoms.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #21  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I'd like to join!

The holidays were hard going and I didn't make ONEderland by New Year's Day, but I am closing in now.

Thanks for creating this challenge Munchey! I need the accountability.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 253.4/174/175

Height: 5'10

I'm in - I would love to be down to the "normal" weight range by the end of April. So I'm putting my goal in as 180 pound by April 1st. The end of April marks my 1 year mark of my weight loss journey.
BlondieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #23  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I want to join
Thank you!
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY EVERYONE:
Sounds like you are all ready to get started. Remember to post your weight on the stat sheet on Sunday. I want to write more, but I'm too tired. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with some collected thoughts

BellaLuce4:
I'm glad you have your goals established and are enthusiastic. Enthusiasm can keep the momentum going. Good job with starting some exercise videos. There are a lot of great videos to choose from. I like the Popsugar website for exercise videos. You can, also, find Popsugar exercise videos on YouTube. It will get easier

BlondieCJ:
Welcome to the challenge! Best wishes with reaching your goal of 180. That would make for a great 1-year celebration!

Chub:
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Generally, people who lose weight at a slower, steadier pace are more apt to maintain their weight loss. Some people use a rapid weight-loss plan, for a short period of time to give them a kick start. It's been a long time since I've tried any trendy diets. I do best when I focus on healthy eating and finding lower caloried versions of foods I can enjoy. (something I can live with for the long run). I focus on calories in versus calories out (exercise). I eat a lot of green salads, veggies, protein and fruits. (and stay away from sugar, starches - with occasional treats)I know that on most days, I couldn't wait until 4:00 to have protein.

One strategy that some people benefit from is the 12-hour fast. i.e. quit eating by a certain time, such as 7:00 p.m. and then don't eat again until 7:00 a.m. the next morning. The time can vary. You just need a 12 hour period between your last meal of the day and your next meal the following morning.

Flower1:
Welcome back! The cat cartoon equates to me trying to get into a pair of pants before it's time (appropriate weight, lol)

Grannynancy:
Best wishes with your goal to reach 183. Getting out of the obese label will be an achievement to celebrate!

Heidi58:
Welcome to the challenge! I'm sorry you have arthritis. It can be a real pain. How beneficial has your diet plan been for your arthritis?

Tefrey:
Good to see you. I'm glad you are closing in on one-der-land. I hope we both reach it during this challenge!

Tkkoz:
Sounds like you are off to a good start. You go girl! I'm happier the less I weigh. My mood is better when I don't weigh more than once a week. Some people like to weigh frequently, but it's too much of a roller coaster ride for me.

Unwanted37lbs:
Welcome back! We'd love to get to know you. Tell us a little about your diet and fitness plan.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #25  
Be happy.

Hi munchey and others,

Right now the anti-inflammatory diet plan is pretty boring (I have to wait to add things back slowly) but to be honest the limited menu is helping with my weight loss. I believe it's working, but I've only been on it since November. Even if it doesn't bring down my inflammation as much as I hope, it's a healthy plan and I'm losing weight so I figure I can't loose.

I lost 50 pounds on the South Beach Diet several years ago. I've kept it off, but am still overweight. I was happy because I was shopping in the regular sizes again and I could maintain that weight pretty easily. But I've been in a lot of pain the past few months and have been encouraged to get my BMI down to 21 or 22 to make things easier on my hips and back, so that's my motivation right now.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Heidi58 Your diet sounds really similar to mine. How long have you been on it? I'm following the plant paradox diet which is plant based, anti-inflammatory and excellent for curing auto-immune conditions. I have been on it since June 2017 and I have had great success in eliminating inflammation. Although I feel 10 zillion times better than I did last May, I still have a ways to go in healing all of my conditions. But I really love this woe. It's the first diet that has been easy for me to make into a lifestyle. I gave up eating wheat and cane sugar. Basically I eat grain free. How about you? Do you eat wheat? I am also only doing gentle exercise. I have read that gentle exercise works well for weight loss.

Last edited by magistra17; 01-06-2018 at 11:39 AM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #27  
Be happy.

Hi Magistra!

I started in November after being diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. I'm following a gluten free version of Joel Fuhrman's autoimmune protocol. I was given a list of foods that many with inflammatory arthritis are sensitive to (nightshades, citrus, mushrooms, and a few others) so I cut those out and am slowly adding them back one by one to see if they're a problem for me. My doctor wanted me to do the London AS diet but it depends heavily on meat and I wasn't willing to go that route. I've been winging it hoping to get similar results without eating animal products. I believe it's working so that makes it pretty easy to stick with.

I am going to go look up the plant paradox diet now.

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-06-2018 at 02:26 PM. Reason: lousy grammar! :o
Old 01-07-2018, 05:21 AM   #28  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

hey guys. I just entered my stats on the spreadsheets. I am at 183lbs now and would love to enter warm weather in a healthier body My goal is 150 for the end of it.
My diet: i eliminated sugars from my diets. So pretty much "Candida" diet or THM diet. But I am also careful with my natural sugar as well - fruits are on occasion.
Exercise: I currently do not.. BUT my job is always on my feet and requires a lot of walking. I also have my second job - i teach math. So between full time overnight job, part time teaching math in the evening, and taking care of my family ( i have 2 kids age 12 and 9 and a husband) i don't really have energy to exercise.

Glad to be part of this challenge!!

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 01-07-2018 at 05:21 AM.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:38 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Well.... I am starting the challenge after a big drop from the last challenge from 208.6 on 12/31/17 to 203.2 today. All because of some water retention issues that have me back on BP meds [BP went up some, which is why the meds] , just a lower dose than I had been taking before I went off of them in September. Amazing how much weight you can carry in water so while I am readjusting, things may be wonky but fat still burns even if the water is being odd about moving out.

This week's focus will be getting back to my exercise. The weather has killed my walking and the thought of leaving the house, meh. And it is not like I am in the Arctic Tundra. But sustained lows in the teens and highs in the low 30s is crazy cold for us here in Upstate SC. You get used to the warmer weather.

Looking forward to the fun motivation and the bit of a competitive challenge.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #30  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

I starting new exercise on the 31st and every day after that was gaining a pound a day. I finally googled this and one of the 7 reasons a person gains weight overnight is inflammation, which I was very sore. Since then I am taking it a bit slower and only slightly inflamed. So far, for the diet part of this challenge I am writing down what I eat, which is quite an eye opener.

tefrey, Keep going----you will see wonderland soon!

munchey, I am eyeing that 12-hour fast strategy. It really means NO pm snacking, which I need to employ anyway.

chub, I was gaining one pound a day for a while and found some great information to help me. Here's a link in case you want to check it out.
https://www.christinacarlyle.com/why...ght-overnight/

Hope everyone is off to a great start on slapping down the winter pounds.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote