Old 01-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #46  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopchick View Post
Good morning!

Does anyone else have a scale that measures water, body fat, etc.? I'm considering getting one but not sure how accurate they really are?

My sister got me a soda stream for Christmas and I tried it for the first time yesterday. I love it!
Hi boopchick, I've got a scale that measures body fat (and a soda stream that I use all the time! lover it!). I haven't a clue how accurate it is, in fact i'd say it's possibly not accurate at all, but it is a good measure of YOU and how you change. Basically it sends some sort of electrical pulse I think, and records the time taken to get through you, so if you're losing fat it picks it up (the pulse gets through you faster), and quite often when you're grumpy because you've been good and should've lost weight but haven't, then it shows that you've lost fat. it's especially good if you're doing gym/cardio because then it gives you the rewards of recording your fat-to-muscle change. So it's good really. I found that the fat loss and the weight loss tend to be not quite in sync, so after a couple of days i'll either see the weight drop or the fat drop (but not the other) and they tend to alternate (which is good because you see something happening all the time) The other thing to note is that you have to measure at the same time every day because for some reason if you measure immediately after getting out of bed and then again after a shower/time, you'll get different results (the 'signal' travels faster after a shower or after a bit of time standing up)
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

C7KB Your window looks ideal to me, I don't think I would be able to do OMAD, but kudos to anyone who can! I can't remember the last time I made it through the night without having to use the bathroom. I usually wake up 2 times throughout the night, sometimes 3. I am lucky I can usually get right back to sleep, but it sucks having to get up that much! That is awesome that you had a good shopping experience, I love the NSVs!! The skin one is a big one!! I HATE my arms, I am more self conscious about them now than I was before, they are really bad!!

boop I bought a Taylor scale recently that has the BF and water measurements. I should read the instructions because sometimes the BF and water measurements don't read, only the weigh in. I am excited for it though because I want to pay attention to the BF part when I start to workout.

Ophelia Awesome week!! You are so close!! I hope that you are able to rest up!

ange Hi!! You sound like you are very knowledgeable about the BF scales, any idea why mine doesn't always show me the other info?
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:26 AM   #48  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk6113 View Post
C7KB ange Hi!! You sound like you are very knowledgeable about the BF scales, any idea why mine doesn't always show me the other info?
I only know what mine looks like, but on the front of ours are different buttons that you can program for different people - you have to press your own button (that has your height information in it) to get both the fat and the weight info. There's also the middle button which isn't programmable, so that's just a normal weight.
It can only tell you your fat content if it knows your height, because the time taken for the signal to get back (via all your fat lol) is related to how far it has to go - i.e. from your feet to your head and back.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #49  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Goal #1- 100 pounds lost (173)
Goal #2- 160

SW:185
CW:179 (-6)
GW:160

Thanks for the replies on the scale. I think I'll look into getting one. It sounds like even if they are not completely accurate it will still show when you are making progress. I know some of them connect to apps and I'd like to get one of those. Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

As expected I'm in a holding pattern after a huge whoosh last week. I'm okay with that.

Will check back in after work later.
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #50  

ange thank you! Right now, I just gently step on the corner to get it to show me the 000 and then I get on. Tomorrow I will press one of the buttons first to get to my user information and I bet it will work!

boop Does your pattern usually go every other week? I think I hold steady the week before my period and the week that I am ovulating, but my period is extremely jacked up right now so I will see how mine plays out.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #51  

C7KB Thank you and yay on getting back down to the 6's!!! Hopefully you will get back down to your starting weight very soon.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

kfunk6113 I am using an app, My Fitness Pal, and that gave me my calorie goal. Right now it is around 1800 calories. There are many days that I haven't eaten quite that much but I haven't gone under 1600 so far. It also depends on what I have eaten. I learned long ago that eating out is fatal for me. To be successful I need to cook at home so that's what i've been doing. I have tons of cookbooks but my favorite right now is the Taste of Home Diet cookbook. The meals are great and it lists meals by type(Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snacks), and then by calorie range, although it provides all the other nutrition info as well. And the recipes are nearly spot on as far as calories when I calculate them in my recipes on the app.

SW: 292.3
CW: 285.1
GW: 277.7(5%)

I worked out 5 days this past week(never on weekends since I work overnight) I also have been cooking regularly and keeping the right foods available. This always helps me to succeed.
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #53  
Debbie

kfunk that seems to be my pattern lately. I was dropping steadily for a long time but now I seem to drop, hold or bounce up and down within a few pounds then drop again.

C7KB congrats for moving into the 6's!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #54  

C7KB What kind of low carb bars are they? I really like KIND bars, they are 200 calories but if you subtract the fiber I think they are 8g net carbs. They are really good, I like the caramel sea salt kind. I also LOVE frozen grapes, they are delicious and they feel like a treat for sure! I get big green ones!

momtopands MFP has me at 1200 calories in order to lose 2 lbs. per week, but I should adjust that to 1 lb. per week because I always try to eat more than that. I usually try to get to the 1500's but stay under 1650. Thank you for the cookbook suggestion, I will check that out for sure! I love that you have verified some of the counts and it seems accurate!! Eating out is really difficult for me as well and I try to avoid it, but it seems like at least 1 time per weekend we do it. You are making wonderful choices and setting yourself up for success, that is awesome!!!

boop funny how things change!!
Old 01-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 253.4/174/175

Height: 5'10

Still sitting at 191.2 - struggling to eat well this last week.

Sw: 193.4
cw:191.2 (-2.2)
gw: 180
BlondieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #56  

blondie You are so close to the 180's, you can do it! I hope that you are able to get back to your regular eating plan soon, it is no fun to struggle We are here for you!

C7KB you are so sweet!! I will have to check out the Ghiradelli kind, they sound fabulous!! That is good that they will be gone soon! I hope that you can find some varieties of meat that you enjoy and don't grow sick of!!

171 today
Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 AM   #57  
Debbie

I've been bouncing between 178-180 all week so I'm hoping for another drop before Monday.

Hope your week is going well blondie

kfunk you are so close to the 60's!

C7KB I've been eating a lot of pork and chicken lately. I tend to eat the same thing until I'm sick of it then switch to something else.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #58  

boop I look forward to cheering on your losses very soon here!! Hopefully the scale will cooperate for you by Monday. What size are you currently in for tops and bottoms?

I also eat the same things until I grow sick of them. Not much variety for me these days.

Same today 171
Old 01-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #59  
Debbie

kfunk I'm into my size 14 jeans. Tops are medium to large. My large scrub pants are falling off me and I am fitting comfortably into the mediums. This picture is from about a month ago & close to 10 pounds heavier

Old 01-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 253.4/174/175

Height: 5'10

Kfunk, Boop, K7KB:

I so appreciate the encouragement! I really have been struggle to eat well, I lost focus in Nov/Dec and I have been trying to gain it back. I did drop a little tiny bit this week: this happened after I binge watching Supersize vs Superskinny - totally, totally kicked my butt. I am mentally back in check. Whew! I am so glad I have not been backsliding with my setback since Nov/Dec.

I had to go bra shopping this last weekend, I realized the girls were completely unsupported. While the gal was fitting me she asked what size I was the last time I was measured. I said, it probably was not relevant as it is was 62 pounds ago. Drum roll....I went from a 42c (and it was stretched it to the limits, so probably a 44c) to a 36DD. So shocked! It is surreal to be in a "normal size". I still have 16-36 pounds to go depending on how my body looks when I hit the "normal" weight range. Praying for strength to get to a good healthy weight.

Boop -- looking great!!

Kfunk -- I really want to see 180s this spring, hoping my reset sticks.
BlondieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote