Old 11-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

gemini
Quote:
I'm thrilled, but still sad to be so high in the 100's. Progress not perfection and NO REGRETS
I get sad at times that I got so heavy as well, but then I try to think of where I was 1 year ago and that kind of helps! That is funny about your fitbit badges, I wonder why it wont let you edit it!? I also am bad about chewing a lot, but if I am pausing it has the same effect. Multitasking definitely helps slow me down! I didn't know that drinking throughout a meal is bad for your digestion!! I do the same thing and it definitely gets me fuller faster. You are doing a great job, keep it up!!!

gulf I sometimes experience headaches, and I also get crankier that's for sure!! Fasting and working a short shift sounds like the best of both worlds!! I think that it is okay if your schedule gets in the way of your 8 hour window, it doesn't have to be perfect. Just being mindful and controlling what you can will be the key to success! I love it so freaking much! I feel like I could do this forever without hesitation!!

matilda Hey! I hope that you are doing well
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:21 PM   #182  

gemini Thank you, you are doing really well yourself!! I hear you, I carry a drink with me everywhere.. I don't think I could make it through a meal without it! That does sound annoying have to scroll down instead of just quickly updating, I hope that you are able to figure it out soon.

I am expecting my downward trend to come to an end very soon. I lose in spurts like this and I should have about a week that I bounce up and down and hopefully will still have time left in the month to lose a little bit more. I would love to make my November weight loss goal! What calorie level had you been eating at and what are you planning on increasing it to? Also, what have you been doing for exercise? I hope that increasing your calories and decreasing your workouts works out well this weekend!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #183  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I don't know who else uses sugar free syrups in their coffee but I just got some new flavors. gingerbread, butter toffee & pancake. I tried the pancake flavor yesterday and it is so far my new favorite.

How many calories are all of you taking in? I think I might be the shortest one here at 5'2"? The calculator I use has my BMR at 1474 and 1784 calories/day to maintain my current weight.
11% deficit: 1588
22% deficit: 1392
33% deficit: 1195
I'm averaging 1088 calories over the past 4 weeks. I'm wondering if I'm taking in too few calories? Maybe I'll aim for 1300-1400 this week and see what happens. It sounds counter-intuitive (kind of like taking in more water when you're retaining) but I'm curious.

Last edited by boopchick; 11-19-2017 at 07:50 AM.
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #184  

boop I have never tried the sugar free syrups, what grocery aisle are they down? I have used sugar free peppermint mocha coffee creamer (coffee mate) but I didn't like the aftertaste, so switched back to regular. For 1.5 cups of coffee I use 3 tablespoons of the regular peppermint creamer and 2 tablespoons of the sugar free (to use it up) it ends up being 122 calories per thermos - totally worth it though, its my favorite part of the morning!!

1511 1364 1503 1736 1681 1590 1592 1710 these are my calorie totals for the past week or so. I had been eating 1200 ish for many months, but all this month I have been eating higher. Not sure if its a coincidence, but I have had a pretty good month so far compared to what I normally lose (-7.2).

You also work out and I don't, so I would think you should be taking in more!

SW: 186.6
CW: 174.8 (-11.8)
GW: 156

Last edited by kfunk6113; 11-19-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #185  
Debbie

Goal #1: is to get into Onederland by Christmas
Goal #2: 190

SW: 221
CW: 196 (-25)
GW: 190

Ugh! I was down to 194 for the past 4 days and this morning...boom. Back up to 196.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies kfunk and gemini! I will be back later when I'm home from work to reply. Hope Monday treats everyone well!
Old 11-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #186  

gemini how is your hunger level when you hover around 800-1200? The thing I love the most about IF is that I often times feel FULL with 1400-1600 calories, not just sated. You have a really good regime with your workouts!! I wouldn't worry about the bump up on the scale, it could be a regular fluctuation and I am sure that it will come back down very soon! The syrups have me intrigued, next time I go shopping I am going to check them out!!

Ladies, I can't begin to understand the whys behind weight loss. It makes no sense to me why I would lose faster upping my calorie intake. Maybe last week when the scale was super kind to me I would have lost double had I kept them low, I don't know!!! boop It is so very common to stall for a while, but if you stay consistent you will have an awesome week rewarding your efforts!!

I hope that I can shed another 2 lbs. before the month is over. Thanksgiving makes me nervous. I am going to do a 24 hour fast from lunch on Wednesday to our Thanksgiving meal and then I am going to do another 24 hour fast from that big meal to dinner on Friday. I am doing this for skin purposes, not for the benefits on the scale.

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #187  
Debbie

Hello everyone. I order the sugar free syrups online. They only have the sugar free vanilla in the stores around here and there are SO many delicious flavors! I used the gingerbread today and it was pretty good.

Ending my day at 1676 calories and 25.8 net carbs. Yikes. I'm kind of scared but definitely curious to see what the scale does tomorrow. I'm hoping that I shocked my body into doing something different. Haha!

I swear sharing our struggles and victories is the only thing that gets me through sometimes. So grateful for everyone here!!

Last edited by boopchick; 11-20-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #188  

gemini If you can handle it, then put the darn thing away!!! I am obsessed!! I do find that when the scale stalls then the way that my clothing fits or my measurements show improvement, but not all 3 things happen at once, weird huh!

I wrote this in another post to you, but it can take the body time to adjust, and these could be normal fluctuations that have nothing to do with the increase/decrease in your calories! You are doing fantastic, and patience is where we win this game because it is so mental! We've got this!!!!!!

boop What brand do you buy online? Do you notice a "diety" aftertaste?

It might go up for a couple days, but give it time and I think you will see a downward trend. This part is so aggravating, and I wish there was something I could say to make it less so... You are doing fantastic and you will probably forget all about this little stall when the scale starts moving in the right direction again. I can't count the number of times where I felt like my body was done losing weight or felt the need to tweak my plan, only to have a great week after the fact.

Do you guys have a plan in place to get through Thanksgiving?

Last edited by kfunk6113; 11-21-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #189  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

20 lbs by Christmas, I can do that for sure.... If I put in consistent effort and avoid alcohol.....

09/18: 254.6
09/25: 257.6
10/02: 250.0 I did have some drinks but 0 carb stuff and kept it controlled!!
10/09: 248.2
10/16: 248.6
TOOK A BREAK
11/06: 247.0
11/13: 247.0 getting nowhere fast this way
11/20: 245.8
11/27:
12/04:
12/11:
12/18:
12/25:
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:53 PM   #190  

Gemini I used to have days like you describe all the time, but now that I have upped my calories I don't know how easy it would be to go back down. I was eating a pretty low amount of calories for the longest time and I would just eat until I felt content. Now, I max out the calories and eat even when I feel full.. so weird!

What desert are you bringing? I am in charge of the pies and for one of them got a cheesecake instead... oh boy... my weakness!!! Oh well, we only have one celebration this year for Thanksgiving so I am just gonna go with it. I will fast before and after to help balance it out.

Man, your losing patterns sounds eerily similar to mine, but the good thing about that is in about 7 days we will see some losses again!... good for you for having the willpower to put that scale away!

I hope that it is just a fluke and you don't get sick. Rest, get plenty of fluid and hopefully it goes away!!

I love your positives, this one stood out:

Quote:
One super steep stretch that always kills me went by unnoticed. I didn't even realize it until I got past it and thought that I had went a different route although it was clear that I hadn't.
That is AMAZING!!! You should feel so proud of yourself!!! I never change my ticker after a slight bump up, its just a normal fluctuation and it will come back off so its not worth it! You are not a downer, this is what we are here for! I couldn't do this without y'all
Old 11-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #191  
Debbie

Happy to report that I am back down to 194 this morning. Was it related to upping my calories for 1 day? I have no clue but am just happy to see the scale moving in the right direction again.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #192  
Debbie

Happy Thanksgiving! Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 11-24-2017, 08:05 AM   #193  
Debbie

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. I had a nice day with family. The thought crossed my mind a couple of times that a bite of this or that wouldn't kill me but in the end I made the decision that it was not worth it and likely would lead me down a path of bad eating and ruin all of my hard work these past 6+ months. I feel great this morning and the scale actually moved down to a new low of 193.

80 pounds lost!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #194  

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

boop 80 lbs. down and a new low of 193

You did FANTASTIC yesterday, you should feel so proud of yourself, I am super proud of you!!!!

I did a 23 hour fast prior to the big meal.. I ate way more than I planned, plus too much desert. It was a big fail on my part and I will definitely remember this feeling when the Christmas meal rolls around.

We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate my mother in laws birthday and then tomorrow we are heading out of town for the night. I am dreading what this is going to do to my progress this month. I am in the middle of a 24 hour fast and will break it at dinner tonight. I am chugging as much water as possible. I have to make a plan for Saturday and Sunday. I used to enjoy eating out so much and now I get too anxious about it.

Gemini, Jessie, Matilda, and everyone else.. I hope you are all doing well!!
Old 11-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #195  
Debbie

kfunk I'm sure your fast helped balance things out. I also used to love going out to eat and stress about it now when an occasion arises. I'm good if we go somewhere I can order a steak or bunless burger with a salad or veggies but anything else is definitely challenging.

Hope everyone else is doing well.