Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

WorkingLikeADog
Good to see you back! I'm glad you have some time for yourself. I'm trying to focus more on mindful eating, as well. That urge to eat after dinner is something I think I'll always wrestle with. Sometime, I think we just need to have a list of certain after-dinner eating options. I know that I'm better off to have a few healthier, lower-calorie options. It's interesting that sometimes if I give myself some options, I find that I tend to do less late night eating.

Chunkahlunkah
Working temp jobs can be interesting. For some people, their temp job leads to a permanent job. I hope your next temp job has more flexibility. I find that listening to something with headphones helps me screen out noise around me and I'm actually more productive and able to hyperfocus on what I'm doing
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #47  

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are having a great weekend and enjoy your Sunday! Don't forget to weigh-in or update your weight for this week. A new week begins on Monday.

I slipped and had some Barbecue-Favored Popchips on Friday night. It took some willpower last night, as I really wanted to repeat the slip. Thankfully, I deferred the urge and it eventually passed. Today I'm thankful that I didn't repeat the slip last night. I got in just over 4 miles yesterday. I think I managed to walk off a significant number of Friday's Popchips.

Today, I plan to do some yard work - a mixture of some weeding and then some planting. I bought a park-type bench on clearance. I got it out of a box, so now I need to assemble it. Hopefully, it goes well and I'll have a bench to rest on occasionally, while working in the yard. Sometimes assembling things you buy goes flawlessly and other times it can be a frustrating experience. I hope I have the flawless experience, lol.

Gemini6
It must be tough to do a lot of traveling for work. It probably is a good idea to stick with the same scale, as there is usually a variance between scales. I'm glad that having one meal a day is working for you.

I used to skip meals in the past, but have found that for me, I'm better off with regular meals (and an occasional unplanned skipped meal). I feel better with regular meals and think that it helps keep my metabolic rate on course. I tend to have a problem with "all or nothing", so working between those extremes helps me work that problem.

Last edited by munchey; 09-24-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Hi all. I'm reporting my loss of two pounds in the thread. For some reason the googledoc is not auto-updating with my stats so I wanted to note it in the thread. Our weather has finally, finally turned fall like. Munchey, I'm a soup lover as well and your quick clam chowder sounds yummy. Will have to try. Have everything in the pantry except the clams.

Lots of pounds being lost. Wishing everyone well!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Hi all. I'm reporting my loss of two pounds in the thread. For some reason the googledoc is not auto-updating with my stats so I wanted to note it in the thread. Our weather has finally, finally turned fall like. Munchey, I'm a soup lover as well and your quick clam chowder sounds yummy. Will have to try. Have everything in the pantry except the clams.

Lots of pounds being lost. Wishing everyone well!

Curvynotlumpy:

Congrats on losing 2 pounds this week!

Only Rie can update the columns for "Lbs. Lost" and "% Lost" on the Google Doc. She will have to add the formulas when she returns from vacation. I'll take another crack at posting the weekly stats, and for that chart, that I copy and paste elsewhere, I can add your statsa to the chart I post.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #50  

Hey Everyone:
Here are the stats for the week 9-18-17 through 9-24-17 (for those who posted a weight for that time period). This is unofficial, so forgive me for any mistakes. I believe Rie will be back to post the next round of stats.

Congrats everyone for your accomplishments and for sticking with the challenge! Hope everyone has a good new week, with lots of opportunities.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #51  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Gem, I applaud you doing what ever it takes to not gain 10 ibs on vacation. I'm routing for you. I bet your body feels better for your efforts.

Congrats everyone on your losses. It's nice to see the one and two pound losses (a very healthy amount to lose in a week). Keep up whatever you are doing MorningGlory, Rosiante, Munchie, Mom Curvey and Chunk!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #52  

Peeking in to say hi to everyonel How is it going?

Hope your week is going well. I cooked a large spaghetti squash and have been eating that for some meals for the last couple of days, with some ground turkey and spaghetti sauce. I actually enjoy it and have grown to become as satisfied with it as I would have been with pasta.

My knees have been rather painful lately, especially the left one. The bicycle use, at the gym, and some other exercises, has helped with one type of pain (down the side of my left leg). That's a good thing. The bad news, however, is that an other type of pain within my knee now prevails. I guess that should help encourage me to lose more weight.

I've been inconsistent with my walking mileage/steps. On some recent days, I've gotten in 5 miles. My knees really bother me at the end of those days. On other days, I'm too low in miles/steps. So, I need to work on that. Yesterday, I mowed my front lawn and then used both the bike and treadmill at the gym. In hindsight, I would have been better off with using the rowing machine instead of the treadmill.

I need to put more thought and planning into my exercise, and make a better effort into

workinglikeadog
Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you ar having a good week!

Gemini6

Hang in there. The scale can go back and forth for many of us. The thing I have to keep reminding myself is that although the scale might jump up in weight on occasions, staying on course will usually pay off in a week of two.

I eat a lot of chicken as well. Sometimes I think I may start clucking. I have to work in some other form of protein.

Last edited by munchey; 09-28-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #53  

Thanks, munchey, for all your work you've been doing in the interim while Rie is away. It's much appreciated! Thank you also for the great graphics. I can't help but laugh or smile when check into this thread.

Entering my stats here again this week: holding steady at 207.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 09-30-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #54  

HI EVERYONE!
It's the last day to weigh-in or change your weight for the week beginning 9-25-17. Tomorrow begins a new week. Hope you are having a great weekend and that you find new opportunities during the upcoming week.

I think Rie will be back sometime this week. I can't wait to hear about her trip. Hopefully she had a wonderful time.

I got in close to 5 miles yesterday. I volunteered at the therapeutic horseback riding center. There was an Air Show, about 5 miles away, at a local beach. There were a few flybys by the Blue Angels, Thurderbirds and the Royal Canadian Snowbirds. They all travel very fast. It added a little excitement to the volunteering experience.

The final air show day is today. I'm still wrestling with the idea of going to the beach to get a close view of the show. I need to decide soon.

Gemini6:
I'm rooting for you and that the next time you unpack that scale it has a downward number. I'm counting on you reporting a "no chicken day", lol.

Curvynotlumpy:
Holding steady can be a good thing. Have a good week. I'm sure that another loss is around the corner.

Last edited by munchey; 10-01-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #55  

Hey Everyone!

I thought we could all use a little humor. Got to love this dog's Halloween costume, LOL.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments and sticking with the challenge. We all have different levels of success to celebrate with: weight maintenance, weight loss, healthy eating and exercise. Keep up the good work!

The chart below is unofficial (forgive me for any errors). I thought I'd post one more unofficial chart. I'm sure Rie will jump back in when she is able. The data on the chart only represents those who posted a weight for the week 9-25-17 through 10-1-17.

Note: Oops. I updated the above chart to correct it. I discovered that I didn't scroll down, so originally I missed some lines.

Last edited by munchey; 10-04-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #56  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Getting back in the swing of things for October; Hope to see some drops soon. You guys are doing so well!
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #57  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

munchey, every time I load this page on my phone all I can see is that crazy dog's happy wagging tail and I can't stop giggling!

Can't believe I was number one this week, my weigh-in at Weight Watchers was sub par. Just shows how you can be low at one weigh-in and high the next!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #58  

HEY EVERYONE
I came down with a cold late Monday. I've been a couch potato for the last two days. I've got to get myself back on track and moving more tomorrow, or I might end up gaining weight instead of losing. I had a great streak of avoiding colds, for approx. 2 years. I think my downfall was a sneezing student at the horseback riding center on Saturday. Guess being around children during the school year is going to expose me to more colds. Not much you can do when you are next to them when they sneeze.

Shea5
Good to hear from you. I'm glad you are getting back into the swing of things. All steps in the right direction eventually add up to something good.

Gemini6
I'm glad you had a diet variation, with the bun-less burger. I make a turkey burger, using Orowheat Sandwich Thins. It's one of my favorite meals. I don't eat much bread, so this is one of my treats.

I hope the scale behaves next time you remove it from the suitcase.

Tefrey
I'm glad the crazy dog makes you laugh too! Congrats on your 8.8 lb loss so far. You are really rocking the challenge!

Last edited by munchey; 10-04-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #59  

Thought I'd share about a discussion I heard on TV about a weight-loss study with a group of men. This is not something new, but it supports the logic that some promote - to shake things up with your weight loss efforts. They didn't share the actual numbers, but they indicated that some members in the group took a 2-week break from dieting. During the break, they ate a diet suitable for maintenance (not overeating). The group that took the break from dieting, lost more weight.

A lot of the specifics weren't shared, but this study does support the logic that others have recommended - that shaking thing up can contribute to your success. I've heard it suggested with exercise and staggering calories (a high-low rotation). So, sounds like it can be a good idea to have an occasional week or two where you focus on maintaining.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #60  

I hope everyone is doing well. Munchey, I do hope you're feeling better and getting some good rest. I've been fighting a horrible cold since last weekend. The first four days it took up residence in the upper half of my head. No pain, just terribly congested and On Thursday it decided to do something and I awoke with my eyes mattered shut with all sorts of fun "crusties" I work on a university campus so yeah, I agree with you about students being human petri dishes. I'm finally turning the corner and feeling a bit better. Eating and exercise has been off but I managed to lose a pound somehow.

Reporting 206 for this week.

Wishing everyone a good Sunday and week ahead.