Old 01-02-2017, 05:31 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*New Year, New You Challenge 2017*~

Welcome to the New Year, New You Challenge 2017!

Have you decided enough is enough and it's time to change your life to become a healthier, happier person? Did you kick all sorts of a$$ in 2016 and want to continue your reign of epicness into 2017? Did you do well leading up to Christmas, let yourself go a bit and want to lose some regain weight? Look no further, this challenge is for you! Let's start the new year the right way, by being mindful and treating our bodies with the respect they deserve. We can make 2017 the year that we reach our goals!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by the end of the challenge and feel healthier and happier than ever. If you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, you win a shiny badge to put in your signature. You can also win a badge if you stay accountable and weigh in every week. Check out the badges:

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-Somethings or Chicks up for a Challenge) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys! Don't worry, they get plenty of bananas.
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements! Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!
*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! Don't worry about age, feel free to talk in whichever thread you prefer.

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins January 9th!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-02-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I gained 8 lbs in 2016. I was up and down, and didn't realize it was creeping up, little by little. I may be a glutton for punishment, but I am not ready to give up. I am determined that one of these years something is going to click and I will do what needs to be done, and this is going to be the year!!

Good luck to all!

Thank you so much Riestrella for doing this for us.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Great idea! I want to join, but I'm having issues trying to enter the info on my iPad. I can only see/edit the first column, then the next column I see is the 01/09 column...as if columns B and C are hidden. No worries, I'll do it tomorrow from a regular computer. For the record, my starting/current weight is 226.

Looking forward to the journey with you ladies!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:24 AM   #4  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Oh thank goodness this challenge has started. I relaxed after the x-mas weigh in and today I am up to my pre- "Delicious for Christmas" weight, Darn it!

Okay, so I am in and will challenge myself to good habits (food, exercise and water) to get the weight off FOR GOOD. I truely don't need the doughy middle thing going on

So thank you Riestrella and looking forward to working with everyone.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #5  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Riestrella ~ Thank you so very much!!!!

I added my stats to the spreadsheet! I hope you are still enjoying your vacation with your Mum and Dad!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-02-2017 at 11:18 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:16 PM   #6  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Just added my name, looking forward to this!
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Happy New Year, Rie! Thanks for kicking off our spring challenge and for continuing to lead them.

Count me in! During the Delicious for Christmas I got down to 206 but have since regained. Apparently I got your challenge confused with the one going on in my head, "Eat Any Da** Thing That's Delicious for Christmas!"
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Thank you!!! You know I am in.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 01-02-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

I always love the beginning of these challenges, everyone is so determined especially in this particular challenge! As some of you know, I'm on vacation in England visiting family. I've not really been careful with eating, nor have I been working out consistently...however I appear to have lost weight over Christmas?! I ended the previous challenge at 168.6 lbs but this morning I weighed myself at 167.2 lbs. Very bizarre but I can only pin this loss on the fact that I've been walking a lot and eating sparingly throughout the day. WHAT I'm eating hasn't been good, but I guess I'm eating less that I would do normally. Either way, I'm happy for the loss, but I know that I can't let myself slack off because of this fluke loss!

However I'm still in England for another 2 weeks so the beginning of the challenge may be slow going for me, but I'm going to do my best to maintain my weight or at least stay in the 160's. It took me a while to get into the 160's during the last challenge so for now my goal is to not undo the hard work I did last month! When I get home I'll get back to my normal routine and trying to break my bad habits.

I'm having a great time here, but it's been busy busy every single day except for today. I caught up on some sleep and now I'm just relaxing. I'm going to be busy again from tomorrow until Tuesday 10th, but I'll do my best to come by and say hello in the meantime!

-------------

wannabehealthy - Welcome back!

Twinca - Welcome!! Have you downloaded the Google Sheets app on your iPad? You may need to scroll right after the username column, the first three columns are there but they might appear hidden.

workinglikeadog - I'm sure the weight gain is mostly water weight! Either way, getting back to a healthy routine will help!!

MorningGlory - Welcome back! When you get the chance, enter your stats to the spreadsheet to join!

shea - Welcome!

curvy - Happy new year! Haha, well let's get back on track and kick some arse in 2017!!

Nightowl - Woop woop, glad to see you!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #10  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm in! I am in another challenge of a similar length already, but the way you have this one all set up seems pretty fun! I added my info on the main spreadsheet and am about to do the measurements, as well.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-02-2017 at 04:31 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm in!!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:40 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Riestrella, Thank you for getting this going!

2016 was a wobbly year for me. Up to Easter, not so bad, I lost 79lbs from June 2015; but then, on medical advice, I tried adding in a few extra carbs, and I think I've proved that I am very carb sensitive ~ it led to huge up and down, up and down battles. Then my elderly mum went into hospital in mid-October, and all the travelling to visit her, and the fear and worry, and then she died, and there were all the arrangements to make, meant that I let go of food control. Overall, I regained 52lbs. It's not that hard. I can do a stone (14lbs) a month when I'm stress-eating.

Anyway, new year, new me, I'm already doing my best! This year's goal is to relose the 52 +1lb more! 20lbs in this challenge, hopefully.

Good luck, everyone
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I fell off the rails in a big way as soon as the last challenge was over, and have been eating anything and everything in my path over the last week, which has led to a big regain of what I lost in the last challenge. Time to get re-committed!

Will likely be having (non-weight related) surgery during the challenge, so we'll see how this goes.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

So happy to join this for some extra accountability.
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for this challenge! I am not new to this site but not a very good "participator"...something I intend to change this year. I lost 75 pounds almost a decade ago, kept it off for what seems like a hot minute, and then slowly over the last 3-4 years regained 40 of them. My mom got me the Fitbit Charger for my birthday at the beginning of November and have been enjoying learning about all the ways to make it work for me. The holidays were tough but feel like I have this momentum going that I am going to use to my advantage. Woke up this morning with a lower weight than I've seen since mid-summer and this challenge is just what I need to continue what I have started (again...lol)
I am 48 years old and have just passed up my full year without a cycle and know as I know that this past year has been about my body reeling from all of that. Because of "the change" it takes me forever to lose a pound but when I do I consider it a great victory! lol
Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to "meeting" everyone here. We've got this!!
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote