Old 03-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #16  

Thumbs up Broke a Zero

Made it through the 11th day. 49 days left. Wow, does it ever feel good to have broken through a "day counting" zero!
overcomer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hey there,
I just want to say I follow your log and hold my breath for you. You seem really determined and your diet plan sounds like a really tough one to follow. You are very strong! I hope you reach the goal you desire!

Last edited by Ronja; 03-02-2017 at 05:48 AM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #18  

Lightbulb

Thank you, Ronja. I appreciate the encouragement. I didn't know if anyone was even reading this. I'm sure it will help to keep me focused to know I'm getting at least one reader. By looking at your ticker it looks like you are doing great as well. Thanks for sharing it. I hope to share a ticker soon too.

Last edited by overcomer137; 03-02-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #19  

You are most welcome. And don't ever think nobody's reading - remember that for each person who actually posts in a forum, at least 10 others are just reading, at least that's what they say. Also, your thread now has more than 400 views so there are many pairs of eyes watching your progress, so stay accountable and give us regular updates
Old 03-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #20  

Lightbulb

Thank you again, Ronja, for the encouragement. I was just at the store and weighed myself. It looks like I lost 9 1/2 pounds from the start of my thread. I know it is only a small dent in the amount that I need to lose. Before there can be a hole there has to be a small dent. The beginning must happen if there is ever going to be an end. I hope to be able to post a ticker soon.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #21  

Thumbs up Feels Good

Made it through the 12th day. 48 days left. I tell myself that an empty stomach feels good. An overly full stomach is misery.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #22  

Wow, almost ten pounds in just 12 days! That is amazing. I feel the way you do, that although I have been losing nicely, it is just a small amount comparing to what I need to lose. But now that my clothes begin to feel lose and I can tell me feet are much less swollen, it encourages me to keep going. Just one day at a time, and we will get there. Keep up the amazing job!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #23  

omg, thank god i found you guys! I just watched the same 'fat, sick and nearly dead' movie last week and omg, i am so glad i watched it.
today is my first full day of fasting. I was wondering, how many times a day do you juice? what recipes do you have? Also, how often do you exercise? Please help a sister out! Im tired of my depression. thanks
sfchubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMendis View Post
Heyy
Im starting a juicing diet as well!!
Tried last week but i had so many social events/lunch meeting at work it was impossible to follow as it was the first week.
Im starting officially today with my orange/carrot juice for breakfast.
Ill also include soups and chia seeds in my diet!!
Im currently 205 pounds, for 5f3 and im 29 yrs old from Montreal.
hi! Im 5'2 , around same age and 165 pounds. We can do this!!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 12:54 AM   #25  

Lightbulb Welcome sfchubbychick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfchubbychick View Post
omg, thank god i found you guys! I just watched the same 'fat, sick and nearly dead' movie last week and omg, i am so glad i watched it.
today is my first full day of fasting. I was wondering, how many times a day do you juice? what recipes do you have? Also, how often do you exercise? Please help a sister out! Im tired of my depression. thanks

Welcome sfchubbychick
. It was so nice to click on the thread tonight and see another person posting here. I'm glad you saw that movie. I have watched it several times to help motivate me. That has got to be one of the best movies there is. I am not able to exercise so I can't help out there. I can only do limited walking. Then I get out of breath. Hopefully, as I lose the weight, I will be able to exercise. I love to walk. I'm hoping I will be able to at least do some fast walking again. It sounds like you are doing a strict juice fast like Joe Cross did. I'm sure that is better than what I am doing. I just felt that I did not have the funds, time, energy or stamina to make it on his strict plan. I made up my own plan that I thought I would be able to stick to. I also allow myself to modify it as I think something else may help me stick with things better. My goal is to head in the right direction even if I do not get there as quickly as Joe or others. I'm afraid too strict with me would cause me to fall off the wagon completely. What I am doing may not work for others. You may do better doing things Joe's way. I would be happy to support you with any plan that works for you.

When I did juice I liked Joe's Mean Green Juice Recipe the best.

1 Bunch Kale
4 Stalks Celery
1 Cucumber
2 Granny Apples
1/2 Lemon
Ginger Root

I am pretty much just mixing things in my vitamixer right now so I guess you could call them smoothies. I am trying to go heavy on the veggies and light on the fruit. I found a great recipe that I love that helps me to this. Here's the recipe:

Salsa Green Smoothie
Add to vitamixer the following:
2 tomatoes
1 peeled cucumber
1/2 to 1 inch jalapeno pepper adjusted to taste. You can use any kind of pepper if you wish. Remove seeds unless you really like it hot. I substitute cayenne pepper from my shaker when I am out.
Juice from 1/2 lemon or lime.
Cilantro greens-a big handful
Optional/handful of parsley greens
Water to desired consistency
(You can substitute other greens for a different taste like dill.)

I don't have any set schedule as to the number of times a day that I juice or make my liquids. My time is very limited so I tend to prepare my smoothies/juice in quantity and save it in the refrigerator for future use. You can help juice last by juicing lemon with it. Then you fill the jar to the top and even let it spill over a little to keep out the air. I've been trying to do this with my green smoothies as well. I usually prepare four quarts at a time.

Hope things went well with you on your first day. Yes, we will do this.

Last edited by overcomer137; 03-24-2017 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:01 AM   #26  

Thumbs up Tomorrow Never Comes

Made it through the 13th day. 47 days left. It's now or never. Tomorrow never comes.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:08 AM   #27  

Lightbulb Smaller Clothes and Swollen Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
Wow, almost ten pounds in just 12 days! That is amazing. I feel the way you do, that although I have been losing nicely, it is just a small amount comparing to what I need to lose. But now that my clothes begin to feel lose and I can tell me feet are much less swollen, it encourages me to keep going. Just one day at a time, and we will get there. Keep up the amazing job!
Yes, one day at a time will get us there. I have some smaller clothes waiting for me. I think I hear them calling my name. My feet are also less swollen now. That alone is encouragement. It sounds like you have a nice birthday present waiting for you.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #28  

how many times a day are you guys juicing and also, do you take in any other foods? what about energy for exercise?
Anyone experiencing stomach issues? Please let me know. im glad you all are doing this! yay
Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #29  

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfchubbychick View Post
how many times a day are you guys juicing and also, do you take in any other foods? what about energy for exercise?
Anyone experiencing stomach issues? Please let me know. im glad you all are doing this! yay
I don't think anyone else in this thread is on liquids besides me. The goal of this thread is really to motivate people to stick with whatever plan they choose without the pressure of what the numbers on the scale show. We can't always control the numbers, but we can control sticking with our plans. The numbers will happen as we stick with a good plan that is healthy and right for us and not necessarily right for others. Some may not want to do the liquid thing. I chose liquids because I need to keep myself on a tight leash right now. I started the thread. That is why the word "liquids" is in the title. I tried to change the title of the thread, but it only changed the title of my first post. I did the liquid thing a few years ago too. I lost around 60 pounds. My health improved greatly. I was able to keep 36 of it off as of the beginning of this thread. Liquids seem to work best for me, especially at this stage as I have far to go. Eating leaves me with uncontrollable temptations.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:49 PM   #30  

Default The Year for Change

Made it through the 14th day. 46 days left. 2017 is my year for change. I'm headed in a new direction.

Tags
bone broth, liquid diet, liquid fast