Old 12-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #91  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quick update from me, the Gods were smiling on me, dropped to 167.8 lbs today! A slight increase from last week of 0.2 lbs but I'll take it! What a lovely treat to see that the day I leave for my vacation.

------------

wannabe - Just keep on glugging water! Thank you for your well wishes, that's really sweet of you

NightOwl - Oooh, those look delicious! You're right, life does indeed happen. Best to enjoy it in moderation Thanks!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #92  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Charts everyone! (I have landed in England safe and sound!)

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge:
Old 12-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #93  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Morning All, I saw 161 for one day, so sorta bummed to weight in at 162 this morning. More water is in order plus no pm snacking would help.

Riestrella, Enjoy your family and England. What a nice way to end the year. Thank you for running this challenge and I am looking forward to and happy you will be doing the New year New you challenge again.

I know I don't say much, want to tell everyone that I appreciate your support and the effort you put into your journeys.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #94  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

workinglikeadog ~ My weight loss has slowed way down the past few weeks! I know just how you feel - the scale bumps up and it is so undeserving when you stay true to your eating program.

I am trying to accept the fact that this journey is full of ups and downs and all arounds even though the "GPS" (good diet) you are using clearly shows that point A to point B is the proper way to travel. But life isn't that easy.

But PERSEVERANCE is!!! So here is a toast to you and me and everyone else on this board (thanks to Riestrella) who is making their way through the holidays trying to get to our goals!

Edit: Just copied another wonderful reminder from the thread on Beck Solution posted by Maryann:

"Good thing the scale is only a number. Yesterday was filled with 100 good decisions. I am holding onto that. BBE's (Bill Blue Eyes) excerpt about a program for life means that I ride out the highs as well as the lows."

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-21-2016 at 12:17 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

I hope Frosty's girlfriend doesn't get too radical with body augmentations. I guess she hasn't kept up with the Kardashians, because they would be adding snow balls.

Hey everyone! Just taking a quick minute to share some humor, in case someone could use a laugh.

Last edited by munchey; 12-22-2016 at 12:38 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #96  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Joyce, Thank YOU for the perseverance reminder and excellent BBE quote.

Munchey, Good one! If it were only that easy.

So I weighed in at a new low of 160.5 today. I'm gonna be like a chicken and keep pecking away at it,
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:22 AM   #97  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Whew. I've got some confessing to do. I've not been careful at all since I've been back. I'm back to eating cereal every day, back to eating my usual 2 slices of bread instead of 1, I've not been paying attention to food and on top of that and I haven't been on a run ONCE all week. And I have that 5 mile race tomorrow...eeeeep! It's been an extremely indulgent, naughty 5 days. It's also been an action packed 5 days too, I've had plans every single day that have had me up and out of the house. I've done a fair bit of walking and standing, so it has definitely not been all spent stationary. Today is my first day in the house, but the nephew is coming over to make a gingerbread house. Whenever I have been here in the morning and able to run, it's been pouring it down with rain. Now I remember why I used to take running breaks in the winter in England.

Because of my race tomorrow I'm not going to run/exercise today since knowing my luck I'll pull or twist something. However after tomorrow I need to get back on track with my good habits. Kinda went a little crazy there... Not been eating TERRIBLY but just not mindful.

However I'm having a great time being back! Mum and Dad were thrilled to see me and I think they're enjoying having me around! I've met with a couple of friends and it's been great to see them and catch up. I also went to Christmas markets, which to my surprise just hadn't changed at all from before so I felt like I had done it all before. It was my third time walking around them so we did them fairly quickly since I skipped a load of the stalls having seen them before. I picked out my Christmas present too, I asked for a watch and I found this one. I initially had 5 to choose from but this one won from the 5. Originally I wanted a black face, but this one just felt really sturdy and I loved the design. Plus, light charges it so I won't need to replace the battery!

This is our last couple of days in the challenge, congratulations to everyone who finished! My weight is a little up from last week by 0.8 lbs, considering the travelling and the lack of mindful eating/exercise it's not as bad as it could have been I suppose! I said to myself before I arrived I just want to stay in the 160's, so far so good. I'll be unleashing another challenge on y'all soon so keep a look out for it!
-------------

workinglikeadog - You're absolutely welcome! Congrats on seeing 160.5!! This time of year it's the hardest, but I always love the after shock in January when everyone is trying their hardest to start the year right.

MorningGlory - Cheers! Thank you for sharing those wise words

munchey - Hehe, thanks, hope you're doing well!

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-24-2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #98  
Jesus, I trust in You

Riestrella ~ I am so glad you are having a marvelous time with your Mum and Dad! Your Christmas present sounds perfect for you...I really like to pick out my own gifts, but not get them til Christmas - I love what I get because it is exactly what I want!

.8 of a pound gain ~ that is phenomenal !!! And you are still in the 160's!!! Better than perfect for the travel and a bit of a vacation splurge. Good luck on the race tomorrow!

Keep in touch...Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2016, 04:01 AM   #99  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Riestrella ~ I am so glad you are having a marvelous time with your Mum and Dad! Your Christmas present sounds perfect for you...I really like to pick out my own gifts, but not get them til Christmas - I love what I get because it is exactly what I want!

.8 of a pound gain ~ that is phenomenal !!! And you are still in the 160's!!! Better than perfect for the travel and a bit of a vacation splurge. Good luck on the race tomorrow!

Keep in touch...Merry Christmas!
Thank you! I realised I forgot to put the link to the watch in my post so I went back and edited it, oops! I like to pick out some of my gifts but I'm quite partial to getting surprises too. Though, sometimes they can be a bit of a "miss"! My Mum bought me a t-shirt last year that was just a giant face of a husky (I'm not even a huge lover of husky dogs so it didn't make sense?!) and she seemed to want me to really like it!! It just wasn't "me" in any way. I'm kind of glad I wasn't there in front of her to open it, haha.

Well, it's pouring it down with rain, the WORSE weather to run in in my opinion! Hoping it clears up but expecting it to get muddy!
Old 12-27-2016, 06:01 AM   #100  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Here it is…the results!! Thank you all for such a great couple of months. It’s been a hard journey, I know that many of you maintained weight or only lost a little – but that’s still a huge achievement around the holidays. There’s a reason gyms are the most active in January! Well done for staying accountable. I hope you will continue to join me in my next challenge: New Year, New You 2017 Challenge! (Which will be posted soon!)

First of all a disclaimer – The top 3 overall winners will receive the overall awards. After that I will choose the next person in line for a winner of the sub-forum awards. This is so more people get to win shiny badges, I hope you all understand!

The Gold Santa Award Goes to:
Morning Glory

Starting Weight: 169.8 lbs
Christmas Weight: 151 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 18.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 11.07%

The Silver Reindeer Award Goes to:
Blicca

Starting Weight: 290.6 lbs
Christmas Weight: 272.8 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 17.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 6.13%

The Bronze Elf award goes to:
Scotsgal

Starting Weight: 286.7 lbs
Christmas Weight: 279.9 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 6.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 2.37%

WOW! You guys are incredible! Huge congratulations to you all. Now onto the sub-forum awards:

The Chicks up for a Challenge Gold Santa Award Goes to:
workinglikeadog

Starting Weight: 164 lbs
Christmas Weight: 160.5 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 3.5 lbs
% Weight Loss: 2.13%

The Chicks up for a Challenge Silver Reindeer Award Goes to:
curvynotlumpy

Starting Weight: 209.8 lbs
Christmas Weight: 206 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 3.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 1.81%

The Chicks up for a Challenge Bronze Elf award goes to:
NightowlRN

Starting Weight: 156.8 lbs
Christmas Weight: 154.4 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 2.4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 1.53%

A huge congratulations to all of our winners!! I’m not done handing out badges just yet, because some of you weighed in every single week of this challenge. Staying accountable is one of the most important aspects to weight loss, and you should be commended for that effort.

Here are our Delicious For Christmas 2016 Finishers!

Munchey

I will PM all the winners with their BB code to put their badges in their signature. I hope you’ll wear them with pride! See you next year!!

Final Charts:

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-27-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #101  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys! I've been really busy so if you want your badge then right click the picture, copy image address, then in your signature bar paste the address and put [img] and [/img] on either end for it to appear in your signature. When I get a chance I can PM people, but feel free to put them in there on your own!
Old 12-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Ristrella - you are SO CLOSE to GOAL 1. !!!! Go, Go, Go.
Wow. Morning Glory and Blicca !!!! wowsa. Way to go you !!!

I am on a 3rd place roll...ha. Congrats to ALL - regardless of the numbers, Nov/Dec are toughies. Just sticking with it and not running and hiding in a corner deserves a badge. As for me. I am glad I weighed in on Xmas morning and not the day after! Back to work now !!!!

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 12-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #103  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Nightowl - That's true! Feels so far away since I'm sure I'll gain some weight back while I'm home!! But I am pretty darn close Congrats on coming 3rd, maybe the next one you'll make it to 2nd of even 1st?!
Old 12-29-2016, 02:42 AM   #104  
Jesus, I trust in You

Nightowlrn ~ Thank you! Congratulations to you, too!

I am honored to receive The Gold Santa Award! I have many people to thank that have helped me to achieve it:

Riestrella ~ For all the time and attention to construct this contest!

All the Participants ~ This was so much fun! Posting our weights week by week...accountability is the key to our success.

Members of the different threads, including The Beck Diet, the Medifast Round 2 group, Daily Devotion for Dieters...and so many more on 3fatchicks! Support comes in all shapes and sizes!

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!

I can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-29-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Great job, everyone! Looking forward to the start of the next challenge.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote