Old 09-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #61  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Munchey~ Thank you for the kind words! Just sticking with your program will alleviate some of that anxiety. You are doing so well!

Joyce

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-14-2016 at 03:58 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #62  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Weight was 169.8 lbs this morning, last weeks lowest weight so I'm pleased! Glad to be back there after creeping up towards the end of last week. Today was a so-so food day - had some avocado chips in the evening which is bad since I didn't need to eat this late at night. Other than that slip up I did well today. Does anyone else have the Thug Kitchen cookbook? Probably my favourite cook book I've bought, I only have a couple, but it's full of delicious vegan recipes. I'm not even a vegan and I think it's great! Tonight we had roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos, yum yum.

Work is about to get crazy, I just planned out the next month of my life giving myself small deadlines for each day to keep on top of the film I'm editing. If I can get ahead of my deadlines then it means time off, but if not then I'll be working some 7 day weeks in October. This will definitely be a good lesson for time management, that's for sure! I'm already ahead of myself for tomorrows deadline so I'm happy about that. I'll be going to Colorado next weekend and I've included that in my schedule, so the more work I can cram in before that the better.

I also bought a bag today, it's been a while since I've bought myself anything, so it was a big deal! I wanted a bigger bag that will be good for travelling so I got this bag from Etsy. I can't wait to receive it, though it might take a while! I love how spacious it looks and how many pockets it has too. I'm a sucker for compartmentalization

-------------------

NightOwl - Eep, take care of yourself! Drink loads of water to try and counter the water weight!

munchey - Thanks for those suggestions! I like the idea of using a hypothetical commute time to workout, I definitely love getting my workouts done in the morning. Are you anxious about something in particular or are you prone to feeling anxiety? I'm glad the plan is working so far, keep it up!

terryc - Thanks for confirming, huge congrats on an amazing loss!

torito - Yeah, it's great having friends so close by! We're not at the point where we just drop over all the time (like in all those Sitcoms I see!) but it's nice having them just downstairs . I definitely saw myself in a teenage girl I saw a few weeks ago, she was ordering fast food and kept upsizing the order and adding on more...it kind of made me smile but at the same time I wanted to say "careful!"
Congratulations on your new house!! That's amazing! I'd be the exact same way too, I loved furniture shopping for the apartment, I can only imagine the excitement for kitting out a house!

MorningGlory - Welcome and congratulations on your amazing loss so far! What is the WonderSlim program?

Chunkah - Hehe, glad you liked the charts and the challenge!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 305/299/155

Height: 5'7"

OMG! I love spreadsheets!

Hello everyone! Hope you don't mind another one joining in on all the fun. Just a tad late to the party, but still plenty of time to get in on this. I'm just starting out on my weight loss/life style change and am new to 3FC.
Glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #64  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

morning congrats on the big loss!

chunka Thanks! You should be positive that you'll be on the charts again, keep killin it

munchy your strategy seems to be working so keep at it! I know dealing with anxiety can be difficult.

rie im sure they'll be your sitcom friends in no time haha. that bag is beautiful. I haven't heard of those cook books. Sounds like you have a recipe (pun intended) for success for time management so keep at 'er.

Thanks for the well wishes I'm super excited. Can't get too excited yet since it's still a ways away but its nice to have something else to focus on. Actually this past week has been good I've been working on some projects so keeping my mind really busy so it's been awesome. Finished a wine barrel dog bed for my pup (I'll take a picture to post soon!) and now working on a large calendar to put on the wall. There's so many things I want to do, and the focus is off over thinking food so thats good. I've actually been seeing a food counsellor for a while because my binging was so bad I gained like 20 lbs in 2 months so I knew I had to do something. I don't count calories like I used to, but I just eat what I ate when I was losing weight in the beginning of the year and measure that out. She wants me to stop measuring food and that is giving me anxiety just thinking about it. I guess I figure I won't lose weight if I don't. Though she also wants me to change my mind set of losing weight being the goal - just be healthy and where ever my body settles at be happy at that
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:43 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 181/167/133

Having a hard time this past week or so, a few family issues and TOM, so staying the same is actually a huge accomplishment. New week, new motivation!
CyclopsKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:13 PM   #66  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, CyclopsKitten!

Staying the same through havoc is good in my book. I weigh in tomorrow. I have stayed on my plan, but don't think I lost much this week...but I am trusting the process!

Joyce

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-16-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Sorry to hear it hasn't been a great week for some. Here's to some good news on Monday! Even if the news isn't losing or even maintaining. Good attitudes and positive vibes to all.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #68  
Jesus, I trust in You

Tori~ Thanks!
I am trying to follow the advice of your food counselor and doing the program to be healthy...and let the pounds fall as they may.
It is so good you are remaining busy with all of your projects!

Joyce
Old 09-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #69  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, Glitch!

Challenges are fun and the spreadsheet is awesome!!!

Joyce
Old 09-16-2016, 10:08 PM   #70  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

cyclops sorry to hear you're having issues, but if you can power through you're way more likely to stick with it, good luck for the next week!

morning thanks. It is good advice, it's hard to take it when you've been thinking you need to lose weight like all your life though.

Two projects down, a bunch more to go!
dog bed
calendar
sorry I had to post them as links, if I posted the pictures they were massive.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

SHARING A LOW-CAL STRATEGY FOR PREPARING RICE

How to Cut the Calories of Rice in Half
Rice may seem like a healthier grain choice for dinner, but in reality rice contains a lot of starch that turns into sugar and fat once digested. Plus, one cup of rice is about 200 calories! The good news is that by adding coconut oil into your rice, you can cut the calorie count in half. Use these tips to make your rice a little healthier.

Tip 1: Add Teaspoon of Coconut Oil to Rice
Coconut oil contains healthy fats that can change the composition of the starch in rice to reduce calories. Rice is made up of both digestible and resistant starches, and coconut oil increases the resistant starch levels of rice – meaning that fewer calories will be digested. Simply add the coconut oil to the boiling water and then add in the rice.

Tip 2: Cool and Reheat the Rice
The process of heating up already-cooled rice makes its resistant starch increase even more to cut out at least 100 calories from your serving. After you precook your rice, let it cool in your refrigerator for about 12 hours. Then reheat it before you serve it.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in and has had a great week! I lot another 2 pounds, so overall, I'm happy with my results this week.

I allowed an exception today, but for the majority of the week, I've gotten in some exerise in the morning before breakfast. I'm hungry when I get up, but once I exercise, I seem to tame my hunger. On some days, I've managed to have a very late lunch or early dinner, and eliminate one of my larger meals.

On a couple of days, with light eating, I allowed myself some Popchips as a treat. The treat seems to taste better when you know you are light on calories when you eat it. Spicy barbecued chips can hit the spot for some tasty, slow mindful eating.

I'm hanging in there with my anxiety. I tend to get Winter Depression (SAD). Anxiety sets in at the beginning of Fall, as the days get shorter. It has gotten worse, as I've gotten older, so I generally take a antidepressant for a few months and use some bright light therapy.

I'm, also, dealing with some situational things. My father passed in October of 2014 and my mom in Feb. of 2015. My sister emerged with behaviors of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), when my parent's health began to fail. At a time when I had hoped to get closer to my sister, the opposite has happened. I've been "painted black" (considered all bad) in her eyes. She can be a perfect angel with her church friends, but not with me. I've stopped contact with her, after a couple of rage events she has had. As is typical, I've been the one to go to therapy, not her (no, nothing wrong with her in her eyes).

RIE:
Nice purse! I like to have a lot of compartments as well. Nice to have a special place for certain things.

Sound like you are doing a good job of planning. Hope you have/had a nice weekend in Colorado. Food and diet can be a challenge when you travel.

CYCLOPSKITTEN:
Staying the same can be a good accomplishment! Hope the family stress resolves and you have a better week ahead.

GLITCH:
Good to see you join the challenge.

TORITO:
I like the dog bed! How does your dog like it. I many times have the challenge with animals not taking to things designated for them, but creatively claiming other spaces, lol.

You can do quite well with just being aware of the calorie content in things and then just estimate the targeted portion sizes. There is value in looking at weight loss efforts as a life style change.

Last edited by munchey; 09-17-2016 at 01:58 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

I hope everyone's week went well.

Despite steroids and feeling like crap, my scale showed 161.4 this morning. It was 162 yesterday, so I think the weight is true. I believe I experienced a "whoosh." We shall see next week! This week I conquered dipping below BMI 30. That is a victory I have worked hard to see. I passed 1000 miles on the bike since May 2016 this week as well, no doubt the major influence there.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 09-19-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #74  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Nightowl - Our weight loss was in sync last week! I, too, experienced a whoosh and dropped to below a 30 bmi. What a coincidence!

Congratulations on both! That's remarkable that both occurred while on steroids. Well done on all your choices and hard work!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone!
I just joined the challenge. Last year this challenge really motivated my initial loss on my weight loss journey. Unfortunately, I have not been focusing on my health for many months now. Last night I decided to make it a priority again, and I remembered that this challenge would probably be back again for Halloween.
So I am here, and looking forward to getting back at it.
Thanks Riestrella for doing it again!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote