Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #106  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

It seems like nobody is here, but I will check in anyhow. I am busy working, I have a terrible class so stress level is super high. I am trying to walk with hubby in the evenings. We have a walk/race coming up at the end of the month. We will be going back inside (to the gym) soon as the weather gets cooler.

I have a very sore arm/shoulder. going to the doctor today. It has been hurting all summer and I can't take it anymore. Hopefully it is not terrible. I think I see PT in my future though (who's got time for that?).

Hope everyone is doing well. I hope someone checks in soon. I hate to see this group go by the wayside.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #107  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!

Mindy: I'm sorry you are going through such a stressful time. I know that it's hard to focus on good health and to maintain good habits when "life" gets in the way. Hang in there. I had shoulder and arm pain that was persistent and intractable a few years ago. One of the PTs at work thought it was TOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) and I did find the exercises he advised me to try to be very beneficial. They were just exercises I found online after he told me what to look up. I still have occasional pain, but not nearly as severe as it was there for a while. I had back spasms Friday and was worried I wouldn't be able to work this weekend, but, thank GOD, Ibuprofen seems to have fixed it. I'm on the weekend schedule now, so I work back to back 16 hour shifts Sat and Sun, then am off Mon-Fri, unless I pick up a shift during the week. We were able to spend last week at the farm in KY. I do see I'm going to have to work harder to lose weight due to the decrease in daily exercise that was incidental to my job. I'd be interested to hear what the doc tells you.

Take care.

April
Old 10-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #108  
Fishing for a plan!

WEED for this week:

W 96
E 10,000 steps
E nutritious whole foods
D nurture whole self
Old 10-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #109  
Fishing for a plan!

Mindy: Any news on your shoulder? I hope your stress level is "leveling" out some. Stress leads to cortisol which leads to belly fat. (This I know from personal experience!) Not to mention to Strokes and to Heart Attacks! Hang in there, girl!
Old 10-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all! Back from Colorado and ready to get back at it!

W 100, better get started, only 2 cups of coffee so far
E Protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and whole foods dinner
E running in a few, weights
D if you are tired of starting over, quit giving up
Old 10-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #111  
mtiger

Wink

I got in to see my family doctor. He calls it rotator cuff tendinitis. He is sending me to an orthopedic surgeon to have them check it out. We are hoping that physical therapy will be the answer vs. anything surgical. I can't get in until Nov. 17 though. It seems to be getting worse, probably because I am babying it and not using it much.

My job sucks. I would retire tomorrow if I could. However we have bills to pay and my income is the best one.I just need to keep paying down a few things (like my student loans) and hang in there a few more years. They are offering a $500 attendance bonus. Forget that. I am going to use some sick days for my own mental health. It's not worth it.

It is truly fall here. Leaves are changing and there's a chill in the air. Tomorrow hubby and I do a race/walk through our neighboring town. It goes by the river and should be very pretty. Hopefully we have sun.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #112  

Mindy, sorry bout the shoulder and the stress. That's a long time to wait to get into the Dr.
Enjoy the run tomorrow, weather here is CRAP! Cold, 40-50 mph winds later and rain we are having i supposed to change over to snow. Boo!!

Lurch momma, hope all is well!!

As for me, back and back on track. Have to keep moving toward the Disney run in January!

w 100
e supposed to be an 8 mile run today, I think that will have to be tomorrow
e op
d keep moving forward
Old 10-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #113  

Mindy, how was the run?

W 100
E got my 8 miles in
E OP
D keep working toward my goal
Old 10-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #114  

Welcome Bobbolink! Whatever works for you is fine! Some days we post what we have planned, some days what we did already.

I just finished a 30 minute run, need to get some crunches in!
Food was not bad today. Yesterday, I was horrible, back to work, back to stress but today as MUCH better!

tomorrow, continuing to get back on track
W 100oz
e run, arms and shoulders
e on plan again!
d control what you can control
Old 10-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #115  
mtiger

Wink

The run/walk was really nice. It was brisk but the sun was out so it felt warmer. I always pick a few people to keep pace with..or pass. I passed one girl but this other lady would start running every time I was about to catch her. She talked to me at the end and thanked me for pushing her on. I KNEW she was not going to let me beat her. I was ahead just before the finish line and then she caught me. Dang. Well that makes it kind of fun. I did take 2nd place in my age group. Nice surprise.

This past week has been the week of going out for birthday dinners. Ouch!! It was Olive Garden on Monday and I gained 2 pounds. How does that happen?? They are gone today. Now just stay at home and eat good food plus workout.

It is cold here now. I think it is time to start going back to the gym. I hate walking in the cold (under 50 degrees).
Old 10-29-2016, 07:59 PM   #116  

Did my Sunday run this morning because I was too lazy to do my long run in the cold rain, so tomorrow I'll do the long run!

w 100
E starting to lift again, boo
r op
d just move forward
Old 11-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #117  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies...

Got back from Colorado Friday then right to work Saturday and Sunday back to back doubles. I drove nearly 3,000 miles when all was said and done. I am TIRED. It was almost 80 here today. I picked up a shift, so I have to work tomorrow. I'm going to get back at it and hit it hard! Hope everyone is well....

April
Old 11-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #118  

LM, remind me where you were in Colorado?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:36 PM   #119  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello!

I was in Denver, Longmont and Pueblo West. Boy, I could really tell I was overweight and out of shape in that altitude!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #120  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies:

Sure is quiet in here. I hope you are all well.

Mindy: How is your shoulder?
MM: Any venison yet this fall? Bow season is in here, but DH has been too sick to hunt thus far. We are going to KY next week as gun season opens this weekend. You can hunt with high powered rifle there.

Happy Election Day!

W 96
E 10,000 steps
E nutritious whole foods
D nurture whole self

Last edited by LurchMomma; 11-08-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Closed Thread