Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #91  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

MM- I do struggle with the fruit and veggie thing. However sometimes I dont log them in MFP because I'm used to them not counting on WW. I will nibble on cucumbers, grapes, raspberries and pickles quite often. Thank for looking and suggesting.

I have been slowly but steadily losing this week. I just hope it keeps going. I am down about 3 pounds this week. That is HUGE for me. I had work two days this week. I forget how tiring school is. Next week I have 3 days, plus an ice cream social. I bet I will be exhausted. It takes me a while to get back into the swing of things.

Hopefully I will find the time and energy to walk or run once I am back to school full time.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mindy, great job on being down!! Who knows which part is working, but as long as it's not broke, don't fix it! I've seen your walks and runs on map my run too! You are doing great. I've been using a different app, but am thinking of going back to that. We shall see, I have to take my phone to the Apple store, my battery is dead before I am done if I am running more than 8-10 and using MMR and music and that blows.
I saw you have been logging your fruits and veggies on MFP too! Great job!! I almost always have a smoothie for breakfast and throw a handful of spinach in for the extra /serving. Sometimes with fruit, but usually my favorite is spinach, unsweetened almond/coconut milk, chocolate protein, a tablespoon of almond butter, sometimes w chia seeds and a bunch of ice. Awesome, delish and keeps me full til lunch. So what grade did you end up with this year?

Lurchmomma, we use canned venison alot in sandwiches, tacos, sometime I warm it up and make a breakfast sandwich w egg and cheese for hubs ...my kids used to make quesadillas with it at least once or twice a week. They are always thrilled if I throw a jar or two in their care package. It also is very very tender that way, so my FIL used to love it warmed on buttered bread, it was tender enough for him to chew (he's 94 and doesn't have many teeth). BTW 4+ pounds in 5 days is awesome!

PQ, I love spicy, so that hot sauce sounds amazing? I think you said you teach high school? My YS teaches 9/10 English and reading.
I am thinking of doing IF, possibly 14/10 and seeing how it works for me. Possibly my smoothie around 10 and then a healthy dinner when I get home. At least on non-running days. Running days, I have to throw a small snack in a couple hours before.

Jeni, hope you had a great time at Disney!!

Kris, hope all is awesome!

So, I've been crazy and I don't see that getting better in the immediate future, but am trying to keep it together. I decided this morning to try and get here and get back to logging every single thing on MFP, including my exercise and see if I can keep losing. I'm down from 165.4 on August 1 to 154 this past Monday, hoping to keep that train moving! Been doing Arbonne's 28 day clean eating challenge and I'm pretty happy with the results. I actually just ordered more protein and I'm going to do it again for September and see if I can get thru the 140's by October 1! I leave October 12 for a trip to Colorado to see OS and I'd love to be in the 130's by then!

W 100
E have to run! Have that marathon in January. Also going back to that 10 week plan I had started.
E OP smoothie for breakfast and maybe for lunch. Sensible dinner, chicken thawing and a big old zucchini that needs cooking. Zoodles with pesto maybe?
D Take care of me first, otherwise I am no good to the rest of them!
Old 08-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #93  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Chicks!

Mindy: I'm glad that your numbers have starting moving in the right direction! It sounds like you've found the balance that works for you! I know how frustrating it is when you are doing everything that should, in THEORY, be resulting in weight loss, yet the scale either refuses to budge, or, worse, shows a GAIN! I respect you for being a teacher. It seems as if that profession must be getting more and more challenging. At least from an outsiders perspective. My middle son, who is a nurse, and his wife are both going to school to be teachers.

MM: Wow! Over 10#! That is SO great! I, too, am headed to CO to visit my children/grandchildren in October. I'm tentatively planning to leave the 17th, depending on if my work schedule changes by then. I'll be in Denver, Longmont and Pueblo West. I'm hoping to lose a substantial amount before my trip as well. I know you are crazy busy, but I'd love to know how you prepare your venison for canning. My husband actually asked me to ask you!

PQ: It's fantastic that you are So close to your goal! I'm amazed at you teachers. I remember what a bad kid I was, and how I used to get whacked with yardsticks in elementary school (my 4th grade teacher actually broke hers when she tried to whack me for talking in the lunch line and I blocked her with my Scooby Do lunch box), and busted for smoking in high school. I don't know how you do it. I wonder about my old teachers to this day. As an Army brat, I changed schools 13 times in my 12 years of public education. I had the same German teacher in 1978 who Priscilla Presley had in 1958! I know if you can maintain discipline in that environment, you will have no problem maintaining your personal discipline to reach your goal. It's a done deal!

I'm at 172.8 today. Down from 180 a week ago. Thanks to you guys for talking about MFP and making me think about "Lose It!" again. That has made all the difference!

April
Old 08-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #94  

LM, I debone it and trim away all the visible fat, I don't like the tallowy taste when the fat is on, then I slow cook it. Usually end up filling my crock each morning and then running the canner each night for a week or so to get it all done, but that works out prefect, since one batch a night is plenty after working. I throw a bit of beef broth in with it,,then when it's cooked, i pull it all out and chop it up some more on my cutting board so is not stringy and hot pack it. We like the small jars, just enough for two or three. I used about a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of canning salt per jar too. It's so good! If you wanted, you could add onion too, but I don't since not all of us like it.

OK, off to church, then I have a home inspection and have to get a run in. Then tonight, hubs and I are going to see Florida Georgia Line and Cole Swindell!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #95  
Fishing for a plan!

Good morning!

MM: Thanks for taking the time for the tutorial! I know you are very busy.

W 96
E walk and work
E whole foods, stay within calorie budget
D seize the day!
Old 08-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #96  
mtiger

Wink

MM- So envious of the FGL concert. I just bought their CD. Yes I still buy Cd's. I love them. Sounds like fun. Thanks for all your advice and checking up on me.

I am teaching 2nd grade this year. No split. Yay!! I will however be overloaded if everybody shows up. I will have 27 kiddos, limit 26. Not sure where to put them all. I have a few days to work on it. Going in today to settle. Then two days of meetings and PD. Relaxing weekend planned in the UP with hubby. Oh and a little 5 mile walk across the Big Mac. Should be fun. Hopefully nice weather for one more stint on the beach.

Off and running. I will check in when I can.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #97  
mtiger

Wink

Checking in while I can. 3 days of official work this past week. Tried to get in some exercise. The scale is cooperating a little. Guess I just keep doing what I'm doing. Next week will be tough with students back and full days of work. It always takes some adjustment. Hope I get some workouts in.

SO tomorrow we are headed north. Fun and relaxing. Walking the bridge on Monday. Cant blow it with food. Must remember that. Have a great weekend girls.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello. I decided in May 2016 that enough was enough and it was time to get my body back to a weight that was comfortable for me. I started at 202 and am currently 168. I am already feeling so much better and I am grateful to posters on this site for my inspiration that I am not the only one out there.
W - 100 oz. (My 40 oz hydroflask is just amazing to help with this goal.)
E - Road biking at least 7 miles a day unless it is raining.
E - Average 9000-10000 calories per week. (I have found intermittent fasting is what works for me)
D - Thank my husband daily for riding with me. That really holds me accountable and it is good for him, too!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #99  

LM, of course! Any time! Things should slow down and I'll be here more coming up. A couple of my real estate deals will be closing soon and that will take some of the stress off.

Mindy, the concert was great, highly recommend if you get a chance. Cole Swindell was great too! Have fun at the bridge walk! Hoping we get out on the motorcycles tomorrow for our fun...I buy CD's too, I also put them on my ipod so I have them either way.

Nightowl, 4 months and 35 lbs is awesome!! Good for you. Love that hubs rides with you!!

W 100
E down day today, I ran hills last night, will do some crunches and squats though
E OP! Ate a few extra almonds today, but if that's my worst, I am ok with that
D “You wanna fly, you got to give up the **** that weighs you down.”
― Toni Morrison
Old 09-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #100  
mtiger

Wink

Back to school...schedules suck. No time for me. My mom got sick on the bridge walk and has been in the hospital. Looks like she dehydrated herself and had a bout of colitis. SHe will be fine, just needs to heal up the intestines.

I have not been able to walk or run this week. Plus it has been pushing 90 degrees everyday. I am hoping for at least a walk tonight after it cools off a bit. Rain could cancel my plans. Of course the scale is back up a few pounds after getting down about 4. GGRR.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #101  
mtiger

Wink

Checking in while I have a minute. First week of students under my belt. It went pretty well. Tired everyday though. Now I am sick. Thought it was allergies but it is really a cold. Head is all congested...yuck. I am trying to get in a few walks after work. Did get to see the grandbabies today. They are so precious.

Have a great week if I dont make it back.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #102  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies:

I hope you are all well. DH has been fighting first pneumonia, then severe bronchitis/severe sinusitis, then terrible side effects from the second antibiotic he was taking. Every time there is a crisis, I quit taking care of myself, and then end up having to start completely over. Sigh. I don't want to weigh myself because I can tell I've gained quite a few pounds by the way my clothes fit. I don't know why I do this to myself. Over and Over and Over. Navel gazing won't accomplish anything. I have to suck it up and start over.

How are you all doing?

W 64 (goal to ramp back up to 96)
E find fitbit and get back at it. add something fun and new.
E start using Lose It! again. I was doing very well with that, and then just quit.
D love one another
Old 09-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #103  
mtiger

Wink

Quick flyby...see it is pretty quiet around here. I am so busy with work and testing kids and unruly kids and ......Yep I'm tired. Trying to get in some walks with the hubby. Weight still doing its fluctuating thing. I'm trying but man I feel like I am barely treading water. Must remind myself that things are always crazy at the beginning of a new year. Just keep swimming.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #104  
Fishing for a plan!

Hang in there, Mindy! I keep telling myself I have to take care of myself or I won't be able to take care of anyone else. I get stressed and worried and it's like food is my drug of choice. I know this, but feel powerless to stop it. At least you aren't lying in a heap back at the starting line as I am! Things will level out!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #105  
mtiger

Wink

I have managed to get in a few miles this week. I think it may be time to head into the gym soon. It has been crappy and rainy and cold here. Plus I think I need to get back to some strength training. I can NOT figure out the scale so all I can focus on now is just being active and fit.
Closed Thread