Old 04-28-2016, 01:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

"Vehuel - No worries, you can enter your weights at any time it's just the charts you'll miss out on if you're late. One of my friends LOVES slimming world and she's done so well with it. Though I think her weight loss has really slowed and only exercise/being strict will help her to be "trim". I think it's a great place for beginners, but if you're a seasoned weight loss-er then it might not be great. That's my outside spin on it anyway! That's nice of you to keep your friend company! Where have you booked your holiday?"

Hi Rie!
I'm off to sunny Rhodes for a beach holiday. It would be lovely to lose a bit more before I go so I can feel a bit more confident in my swimsuit! Congrats on your 3lb loss! Hoping I can follow in your footsteps a little this week but I think it might be a 1 lb loss for me. Trying to boot up the exercise a bit as I seem a bit stuck and slow at the mo! x
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #32  

Height: 5'6

Joined! I had mt Original and first weeks weights recorded in Myfittnespal so I hope that's ok? I'd love to do this challenge!
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #33  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Vehuel - Ooh, lovely! I went to a couple of the Greek islands as a kid but never to Rhodes. They're great places to relax. Oh, don't think my 3 lb loss was normal, I'm sure it was all water weight from my food binge in Atlanta! Try changing up your exercise routine, or really pushing yourself to reach your peak heart rate once during your routine, that might help with a stall!

Rebecca - That's fine, the more info the better. Welcome!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #34  

Height: 5'6

Riestrella Thank you! Last time I did a challenge it really kept me focused! I really want to see 150 before July 12th so this should help! I weighed in today at 168.4!
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #35  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hi guys!

Yesterday was terrible for food. I had cereal in the morning, then went out for lunch at a cafe with my BF and his sister. Ordered a scrambled egg sandwich with bacon, avocado and a side of pancakes. Ugh. Then in the evening BF's parents got pizza so I had three slices and drank root beer with it. UGH. I felt so fat and bloated by the end of the day. Plus I didn't make time to workout! Anyway. Days like yesterday happen.

Today I'm feel much more determined to get going with my 10K training, I'm going to be Insanity-ing it up for the next week I think to get my cardio and strength up before race day. The weather is still poop in Colorado i.e. it's snowing. As of now it's supposed to clear up by Wednesday, so I think I'll go on a long run on that day, do a workout Thursday, then rest on Friday before the 10K on Saturday.

----------

Rebecca - You've done so well so far! 156 lbs lost, wow. What's your method?
Old 04-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I've been having a busy week, and feeling super tired. Work has been intense. Then I was playing a first person game on my pc yesterday and I got motion sickness. Lame! I hope to be over it by tomorrow. Just eating for comfort today. I'm up a little and hoping to see that gone plus some more this week.

Hope everybody has a great week!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #37  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm up this week: 173
life goes on...
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #38  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 2 Charts Everyone!

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:

Overall Chart:
Old 05-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Heya all so its been rough, i have gained the last week so today i am making a change and cutting refined sugars and carbs from my diet, i am dairy free and egg free as little man is intolerant so feeding him i have to be aware of what i eat. I eat plenty of meat and find it hard not to eat tons of carbs but I will, i need to! I need to exercise too, i need to swing by here more often for inspiration too. Anyway just wanted to say you guys rock, and i do find you all keep me on track as long as i stick here. Any ideas for exercise programmes that are actually effective? What do you guys do?
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:02 AM   #40  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi. I won't be able to weigh in this week ~ off to Germany shortly for a week. Really looking forward to the trip - first time I've flown in years, first time the lap tray won't be resting on my bump, going with a good friend, going to be seeing Wagner's Ring Cycle, which I love. I'm very anxious about my eating, however. This year has been one rollback/recover/rollback after another, and I'm finding it all too easy to make excuses for over-eating. Any warm thoughts, prayers, kicksupbum greatly appreciated!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #41  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I finally logged in today at work and was able to input my numbers into the spreadsheet. It was the browser!! Not that it's made a difference! I've gained instead of losing. I despise being in the 170s. It's just NOT a comfortable weight for me. I am hoping after I get finished packing, moving, and unpacking that I can FINALLY get an opportunity to focus on things I really care about--my BODY, my EATING, my EXERCISE! I know I sound a little narcissistic, but no one else is going to do this for me EXCEPT ME!
Hope you all are having a fabulous week.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #42  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Life: Preparations are underway for my move to Atlanta. We started to do things in bits and pieces but we both agreed that it was tedious doing things so spread out, so I think we'll have 2-3 days leading up to the move packing and arranging everything. Bulky furniture has been moved to the garage ready to be put in the truck so all we'll need to do is pack things in boxes. Fun times! Next Wednesday is my green card interview, I think I've mentioned it before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself. I'm not worried about it, I'm mainly concerned they'll ask me to do another medical exam which isn't covered by insurance so would mean forking over $300-ish. Don't want to spend that much just before a move...some people have gone to their interview thinking they were going to get told they needed a medical and walked away without needing one so I really hope that's me! If not, then I have a week to figure something out.

I'm getting a little behind with work since I've been caught up with move stuff, so I need to focus and get it done! I have a feeling the woman I've been working for won't be using me when I move, despite being completely able to work remotely. She's an older woman so my only theory is that she doesn't want to use the computer much! It would be a shame since it's a nice little source of income and she's very nice, but if she wants someone local then I have to respect that.

Weight loss: Things have been holding steady, I've been weighing around 166 lbs for the past week so I'm happy with that. I went for a 5 mile run on Monday after the weather started to clear FINALLY. For about a week it was on again off again rain/snow. The run absolutely sucked, haha. I hadn't been on a run for 2 weeks so I was slow and achy. Ugh. The 10K is on Saturday and I'm going to do my best but I don't think my best will be very good! I'm hoping I beat my Bolder Boulder 2015 time of 1:12:00 so that's going to be my aim. I'm going to use my Garmin and at the 3K mark I'll start checking on my pace to make sure I'm running faster than a 11:20 min/mi. We'll see how it goes, fingers crossed! If not, then there's always next time.
Yesterday I did a yoga class and today I'm going to do a strengthening Insanity video that's lots of lunges and squats, then I'll take Friday off before the run on Saturday.

I just got 2 new cook books using a gift card, Thug Kitchen and Forks over Knives. Thug Kitchen looks so good! I had a flick through and everything looked delicious, which did surprise me since I was hesitant to buy a vegan cook book. I can't wait to try it out! The Forks over Knives book wasn't as nicely presented, but it has so many vegetarian recipes. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, but I'm definitely interested in cutting back on my animal produce/meat consumption. Plus there's a cheap farmers market nearby at the new place, so we're excited to eat more fresh food!

----------------------------

magistra - What game were you playing? Sorry it caused motion sickness, that's so strange! Good luck with your weigh in

Koshinogi - Good luck eating clean! Cutting out sugar will do the trick I reckon. As for exercise I ideally work out 6 days a week. My routine looks a little like this:
1. Yoga (kind of like an off day in itself since it's so relaxing and my body needs the stretch)
2. Run
3. Insanity video
4. Barre class
5. Run
6. Dance class
I used ClassPass for my classes which works out cheaper than pay as you go/signing up for studios individually. My routine is practically pulled from a 10K training guide that I used back in 2011 when I started to train for my first 10K. I loved the structure of it so I tweaked it a little and use it in my day to day life now. I get bored easily so I need a variety of workouts.
If you're looking for just one though, I would recommend Insanity. It's TOUGH but it will get you into the best shape of your life and you'll lose weight. You're supposed to do it 6 days a week but when I did it in 2011 (when it was too cold to run!) I lost 15 lbs doing it every other day for 3 months. I was eating better, but not super clean, so I imagine if I had a great diet I would have probably lost a lot more. I still use the Insanity videos as a once a week kick up the bum, makes me pant on the floor in a sweaty mess every time.

Rosinante - Have fun on your holiday! Make sure to leave a note (not a comment) in the spreadsheet so I know you're away on your jollies. As for eating too much when on holiday - remember - healthy living isn't an on and off switch. This is your life. Being healthy is a state of mind, one that will help you feel better about yourself and live for longer. Being unhealthy is weakness, don't be weak! You are a strong woman who can enjoy herself without over eating or over drinking. You're better than that! Treat yourself a little but don't do overboard with it. I hope this helps, I know I would want to be told something similar!

K9 - Staying accountable is lesson number 1 in weight loss. Without seeing your mistakes how will you learn? Those who bury their heads in the sand when they see a gain are the ones who gain back all the weight they lost and then some. So well done for owning up to it, keeping your head up and moving on. You and I sound very similar, with the move I'm doing I'm so ready to lose weight! I've been at the mercy of someone else's cooking for a year and being in a house full of temptation. My kitchen is going to be a junk food free zone! I'm going to cook healthy, workout and lose this weight before I enter yet another year saying to myself "this is the year, I promise!" Let's do this!!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Ah, nuts! Stayed the same - frustratingly EXACTLY the same down to the ounce. Oh well. I was good, so I reckon I am just stuck or have a bit of water weight!
Hope everyone is doing better than me! x
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I was ill with a virus last week and didn't know it until I was over it. One day I woke up and felt like myself again and I realized I had been battling some virus all week.

So I ate for comfort all week last week and I am sure I have gained some. I think I'll wait a few days to step on the scale. I hope I didn't undo everything.

Rie Those vegetarian cookbooks sound wonderful! I am not a vegetarian either, but I like to eat meatless meals once or twice a week. It feels so good to just eat veggies. I was playing Minecraft! LOL! Wasn't expecting to feel ill from it, but I have adjusted the settings and I have no problem with it now. I play in the creative mode. It helps me to relax.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #45  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Wish me luck everyone! The 10K is tomorrow morning. Which reminds me I should probably charge up all my devices! I think I'm so worried about this race because I really don't want to let myself down by being slow. The Bolder Boulder last year was a lot of fun and my toughest challenge with all the hills, so I sorta feel like my 1:12:00 running time was justified in a way? If I'm slower than that tomorrow then it's just because I didn't train hard enough . But, I shouldn't be so hard on myself, if I am slower then so be it! It's not my last 10K ever. If anything a slow time might be the kick up the bum I need to train harder next time!

---------------------

Vehuel - I know it's disappointing, but hey, it's not a gain! If it's not water weight then it might be time to shake things up and do something new to keep your body guessing.

magistra - Whaat? That's crazy! I'm very sensitive and probably have some sort of anxiety so whenever my body feels off I think I'm sick with something. Most of the time it's just because I didn't drink enough water! Gains for sickness don't count in my book. You did what you needed to stay strong! I'll let you know how the recipes turn out! I'm looking forward to not eating so much meat when we move out. The BF's mum has a bad habit of cooking red meat a lot which I dislike. For me red meat should be a once in a while treat! That's awesome, I've never played Minecraft since I'm more of a console girl but I can see the appeal. The creativity in the game is incredible.

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-06-2016 at 10:53 PM.