3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/308760-welike-move-%7Emove-join-us-if-you-have-fitness-tracker-fitbit-garmin-etc.html)

miniDoodles 03-21-2016 06:08 AM

WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc

Hi everyone :) Our thread is about staying active & being Successful to have a Healthy Body, while using a Fitness Tracker to see how we are doing daily with the American Heart Association recommendation of walking 10,000 steps daily + weight bearing exercise 3 times a week. Supporting each others goals.

It doesn't matter which tracker you use, it's like the song in Madagascar says ;) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I
I Like to Move It!

So come join us getting fitter bodies together :lifter: :tread: :trampo: :exercise: :running:

:grouphug: Dee

miniDoodles 03-21-2016 06:21 AM

Hi everybody,
My steps yesterday were 9,408. I'm sure I hit over 10,000 but my Fitbit battery needed charged. I'm happy with that number because Friday I sat @ the doctor waiting for my appt & it messed up my day.

Laura & Trina, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Talk to you'all soon ;)

:wave: Dee

Laura705 03-21-2016 09:30 AM

Morning all. Steps yesterday were only 5,914 (25 active minutes ). Oh well, back to getting my commuting steps today.

Dee - Thanks for setting up our new thread for us! Good job in the steps. What did the doc say about your hand injury?? Soooo, am I right in wishing you :bday2you:: otherwise consider it an early birthday wish.

lovemylife001 03-21-2016 09:34 AM

Hi Everyone :wave:

I love the title of the new thread :cheer: I posted on the old one last night but will start using this one today. Dee so glad to have you back. How are you feeling? :woohoo: on your steps!

Laura :wave:

I'll be back later to post my steps. I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Hope you have a great start to your week :wave:

Tuscany 03-21-2016 08:30 PM

I would like to join! I just started wearing my step-counter again today, so I will report today's steps in the morning.

lovemylife001 03-21-2016 11:32 PM

Good Evening Everyone :wave:

:welcome:tuscany Glad to have you!

Today's wasn't as busy as I thought it would be lol. Today's steps were 10,807, barely made it to my 10,000. Hazel and I only finished one walk today instead of our usual two. I hope that everyone had a great start to their week!

bjm321 03-22-2016 12:00 AM

Hi! I'd like to join. Thanks for starting the thread, miniDoodles!

Today my step count was only 6320. Hopefully I'll be able to "step it up" tomorrow!

miniDoodles 03-22-2016 06:33 AM

Good morning :coffee: :yawn:
It was sunny but very cold here in the low 40's so I didn't take Sundae & MeeMee for a walk outdoors yesterday & we have storm warnings through Friday :o what a crazy start to spring :dizzy:

Monday's stat's from my Fitbit Charge:
steps 8,311
4 floors
19 active minutes
1,923 calories burned :D

Laura, Thanks for my birthday wishes :hug: & you remembering my birthday yesterday. Are you having a storm too, pLease be safe going to the train station this week. I haven't been at the Worldlie's thread since January, will you please pm me their current link so I can say hello to them. The orthopaedic doctor said I have a small tear in my thumb pad & extensive finger sprains that's why I'm still having in pain in my hand. No surgery, instead I need a specific brace & occupational therapy for a month then go back to him for xrays & get my hand rechecked.

Trina, WoW I love your daily steps :cheer3: you are always killing your calorie intake! Thanks for liking our new thread name; I love the cute song because it's soo inspirational from the Madagascar movie & we took the kiddos to see it at the cinema. I put the YouTube link here to motivate us with the animal's jamming :carrot: it gets me moving :rofl:

:welcome2: to Tuscany/Susan & to bjm321/MissyJ :) Thanks for joining! Feel comfortable to chat about anything & know you're with friends or vent when you need to because it's better to talk & release with moving than to 'stress eat' from emotions. What trackers or pedometers do you use? Mine is a Fitbit Charge I got last October for myself, instead of eating the Halloween candy that my thin hubby bought/ate all month :p

I typed all of this with my middle finger on my injured hand & it's screaming at me to rest now. Talk to you'all again tomorrow ;) ps: On DWTS last night, Ginger Zee is a local home town girl that grew up a hour from me & has a 2 month old baby boy, she did great :cheer2: Several ppl basically walked instead of danced :(

Tuscany 03-22-2016 06:19 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dee. My step counter is a GCC pulse. I received it when I participated in the GCC (Global Corporate Challenge) last year. The GCC is an international challenge in which many corporations participate. You form a team comprised of you and colleagues, track your steps and compete with others around the world. I hope your hand is feeling better soon.

My step count yesterday was 10,617. Today will be lower, since I awoke with a cold…runny nose, sneezing, plus a fever…and spent a fair bit of the day in bed. Yuck! :(

lovemylife001 03-22-2016 11:26 PM

Good Evening Everyone:wave:

Most of my day at work was spent sitting due to being on call regarding a systems problem. I was on the call for almost 3 hours while they tried to resolve, ugh. Today's steps were 10,067. We are suppose to get rain the next couple of days so I don't know if I'll be able to walk Hazel. I really hope so, she loves it and so do I.

Have a great night everyone :wave: I'll be back tomorrow!

GMNEVO 03-23-2016 04:46 PM

Hi everyone :)
I just recently re-enrolled in the forum after 40+ lbs gained I figured I need to start moving it and this thread seems like a good place to stay accountable.

I got a fitbit charge HR on Monday.:woohoo:
:dancer:Stats from yesterday:dancer:
10225 steps
44 active minutes
2976 cal burned

Looking forward to the journey with you guys!

Tuscany 03-23-2016 08:06 PM

Yesterday’s step count was only 7,551…not too high, since I spent a fair bit of the day in bed with a cold, headache and fever. Yuck! I hope I feel better for the Easter weekend.

lovemylife: That’s a pretty good step count considering much of your time at work needed to be spent sitting!

GMNEVO & Dee: Both of you referred to the “fitbit charge HR”, which I’ve never before heard of (what can I say…I’m not exactly up to date with new technology!). I googled it and it looks pretty cool! My step counter only does one thing…count steps. I think I might pick up one of these fitbit charge HR’s once the Easter holiday madness is over. I especially like the “calories burned” feature. I’m sure it’s not 100% accurate, but it will likely be better than my guestimates.

bjm321 03-23-2016 10:23 PM

Dee, thanks for the welcome!
My step counter is a FitBit Flex. My dad gave it to me for Christmas (-- perhaps a subtle way of hinting I should get more active?). In the past few months I've started to use it. It counts steps and activity time; so far I really love it.

Yesterday my step count was 12,132, and today it was quite a bit lower at 5930.

Tuscany -- Ugh. I just got over a nasty cold too. Hope you feeling better soon! Dee- Sorry to hear about your hand and hope it recovers quickly!

Laura705 03-23-2016 10:40 PM

Evening all. Welcome to Susan, Missy, & GMNEVO! :welcome: I have a Fitbit flex. If it gives out, I might just go back to my pedometer.

Hi Dee. Your hand injury sounds painful! I hope the brace helps it heal. I'll post the link for you. Great job on steps. It was raining/misting when I left work today, and it's a great night to be on the sofa w/ my fleece robe & throw. :) Bf didn't want to walk doggie today, but I guilted him into it, lol. Of course i had to towel off doggie when they returned! I like that song - I think there was a routine in Jazzercise with that song.

Trina - Don't blame you for not getting the dog walks in when it's rainy like this. Does Hazel get restless/antsy when she doesn't get her walks? Our guy Coal does, and he wants his walk no matter what the weather, so we try to never miss a day.

Catching up...Monday steps 9,403 w/54 active minutes. Tuesday's steps were 9,598 w/ 53 active minutes. Today's will be slightly less I think.

G'night everyone. :wave:

lovemylife001 03-23-2016 11:01 PM

Good Evening Everyone:wave:

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far :flow1:

gmnevo :welcome: to our thread. Your steps are awesome

Tuscany Hope you are feeling better soon :hug: I also have a Fitbit Charge HR.

bjm321 Great job on your steps yesterday. My steps fluctuate as well especially on the weekend.

Laura Great job on your steps for Monday & Tuesday. Hazel gets really restless which causes me to be restless lol She's so hyper, she needs her daily walks. She wouldn't mind walking in the rain but I would lol. I just don't want her getting sick. I ordered her a raincoat online but have to send it back because it's too small.

Steps today were 12,256 :woohoo: I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great night everyone :wave: