Old 01-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

MinervaMoo:
You can do this! All small steps in the right direction add up. When I started my current round of weight-loss efforts, I made this visual of a cemetery below. I needed to scare myself into losing weigh. I, also needed to make peace with a flawed logic I employed too often, "all or noting". I've been working hard to keep that in check. I, also, made a vision board of my goals that I'm in the process of updating, but here is my scary one.

Last edited by munchey; 01-11-2016 at 09:57 AM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

Week 1: 168.6
Week 2: 165.0!

I'm thrilled! Ate out twice this week, which was challenging, but I managed to pull off a satisfying loss!
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi all

First weigh-in
Starting weight 192 lb
Week one 189 lb

Munchey? Please could you put this in the spreadsheet for me as I am too new to have access.

Thanks! x

Last edited by Vehuel; 01-11-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Edited because I am an eejit with a mind like a sieve.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone

Starting Wt. - 155
Wt. today - 152

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Starting weight: 134.4
Week 1: 133
Week 2: 132
Slow going, I cut way back on bread. I need to make some veggie soup when I get the hungry.
Question, I posted my weight today on the old link. Is that going to show up or do I need to get a new link every week?

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehuel View Post
Hi all

First weigh-in
Starting weight 192 lb
Week one 189 lb

Munchey? Please could you put this in the spreadsheet for me as I am too new to have access.

Thanks! x
Vehuel:
Welcome to the challenge!
I entered your data on the spreadsheet. Please post your goal weight for March 7, 2016, so I can add it to the spreadsheet.

Thank,
Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-11-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfchan View Post
Week 1: 168.6
Week 2: 165.0!

I'm thrilled! Ate out twice this week, which was challenging, but I managed to pull off a satisfying loss!

WOLFCHAN:
Good job! Congrats.

Munchey
Old 01-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 380/372/130

Height: 5'9

Heres my check in! 377. Didn't lost much, but I still feel good that I lost a least a pound lol.
Damandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I'm struggling. With the stress of trying to pack and get everything ready to move in with my fiance, and the strained atmosphere with my current roommate, all I want to do is sit on the couch and indulge in delicious, fatty foods and soda. Trying to be strong and get back in gear.

Sw-263
1/9-266
1/16-
1/23-
1/30-
2/6-
2/13-
2/20-
2/27-
3/5-
3/12-
Gw-249
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damandora View Post
Heres my check in! 377. Didn't lost much, but I still feel good that I lost a least a pound lol.

Damandora:
Congrats on losing a pound. I made your entry on the spreadsheet. Baby steps will get us where we want to go and eventually we will take bigger and bigger steps.

Just think, if you continue to lose one pound a week, that will add up to a 52 pound loss this year. You can do this! You are heading in the right direction.

Munchey
Old 01-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I'm struggling. With the stress of trying to pack and get everything ready to move in with my fiance, and the strained atmosphere with my current roommate, all I want to do is sit on the couch and indulge in delicious, fatty foods and soda. Trying to be strong and get back in gear.
MARA:
Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize of weight loss and all the advantages it will bring you. Visualize yourself in your wedding dress and how you want to look. Keep telling yourself that you are strong and in control. You can get through this!

Munchey
Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #147  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey kids, I'm back!

You know that moment of dread when you wake up in the morning and you've been on vacation and you KNOW you have to step on the scales and it's going to be bad? Yup, that was me this morning. 166 lbs. Oof...a 3 lb gain from last weeks lowest weight. BUT these things are to be expected and I'm going to be super good with counting calories and exercise this week to lose the gain.

New York was awesome!! We did Top of the Rock, a Broadway show, fancy drinks at the Marriott rotating bar, The High Line, Chelsea Market, 9/11 Memorial + Museum, Brooklyn Bridge, met up with one of my online friends for the first time, Grand Central Station, Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Phew! It was a whirlwind trip being there for essentially 2 full days, but we did it!
After drinks in the Marriott bar we were expecting to pay at least $100 for the experience, but we had the "treat yo' self" mentality in mind. When we ask for the bill the waiter told us that a couple who left had paid our bill for us!! He told us that they said that we seemed nice and they wanted to pay it forward. How incredible is that?! We couldn't stop smiling!!

The trip was full of incredible food too, I knew that I wasn't going to be on plan so I didn't count calories, so I'm not going to moan about the gain and be all dramatic about it. I had an awesome time and ate some of the best food of my life, including the best pizza and cheesecake. Mmmm.

However I did have an interesting moment while I was there. I saw a girl who was striking and very much a healthy weight. I saw her and couldn't help but think "my face could look like that when I lose this weight." Right now I've got little pudgy cheeks and a double chin, but when I lose weight I know those will be gone. I've never EVER seen my face thin before because I've never been thin in my life. It was really inspiring to think "what will my face look like?" and it really motivated me. Weight loss is incredible, but seeing before and after pictures I always focus on how the face has transformed rather than the body most of the time. It's always so inspiring to think my face could look so different at goal weight. Just thought I'd share!

After being in a big city again we're definitely motivated to get moving on our plans to move to a different state. It's going to be crazy...hard since we want to be freelancers too...I'm imagining the stress factor will be huge but we need to do it to grow. I'm starting to find myself getting annoyed at the BF's parents and their quirks, I appreciate them so much don't get me wrong, but I just want us to live on our own again!

-----------------------------

Mom2three - Wow, your story is incredible! I think now that you know how you like your body you'll be able to push yourself. Don't get dissuaded when you gain, when you work new muscles and old ones they get heavier before the fat starts to burn off. I'm sure the science is much more complex than that, but when I work out I always gain a little first before losing. It's completely normal for me, so don't get put off! Keep drinking loads of water and fueling your muscles with protein and you'll be fine.

TooManyDimples - Congrats on the loss and it sounds like you're OWNING it with this weight loss thang! Saying no to pizza, drinking tea, no more soda, no more chocolate...you'll do awesome if you can keep it up. Go you!

Wannabehealthy - It's definitely hard to count those little nibbles...but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run to avoid over eating!

Smiling - I think if we both calorie count and get under our goal we will definitely see results. We can do it .

Jesslan - I admire your determination and your courage, you're doing awesome, keep up the great work and you'll reach that goal!

Bobbo - Yes, as wannabehealthy said, you use the same link that was PMed to you. Bookmark it and you'll be fine!

MinervaMoo - Sometimes it takes thinking about something dramatic to motivate, which sounds crazy but it can be scary enough to change. One of my friends passed away because of his weight, I think to myself if I give up and let myself get bigger it could be me. I have the "fat" mindset to do it. But I want to live a long, healthy and happy life and frankly I don't want to die young. Good luck on going to the gym more, little baby steps and increase your effort 10% each week and you'll be an exercising machine in no time!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #148  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 1 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:

If you want to join the challenge, please go to the first post of the thread and read the rules before joining. If you were already in the challenge and your information is gone from the spreadsheet, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks so you've been moved to Standby. Simply tell me you want back in and I'll move you back into the spreadsheet.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Munchey!

Riestrella your trip sounds amazing!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

Any day now, I'll find the courage to weigh-in and I'll join you guys. The scale just looks soooo scary and I just KNOW it'll ruin my day.
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote