Old 01-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Riestrella:
Here is one idea:
Duplicate the existing spreadsheet and choose that only those with the link can access the spreadsheet. Then, someone could offer an email address for everyone to request access and then the address could be emailed back to them.

Many people have internet providers who offer multiple mail addresses. Perhaps a temp email box could be set up for the challenge. If the hackers want to goof up the spreadsheet, they might want to spam an email address. The email address could be deleted at a later date.

Just an idea. If you need some help, I'm willing to assist.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #47  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

That's a good idea Munchey, I think I'll give it one more try at keeping it public and if the idiot comes back then I'll do it that way.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Many thanks, Riestrella for keeping a great sense of humor about this. I work in education so I have to agree that this has all grubby fingerprints of a 12 year old!

I vote for option #1 if it's not a hassle to you. Above and beyond that, I vote for anything that will make your life as the organizer/keeper of the spreadsheet easier
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Just added my info for this challenge.
Thanks Riestrella doing these! It really helps me stay accountable.

Happy New Year everyone!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #50  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

I'm feeling better every day(after having stomach flu for x-mas) and nearly 100% physically. I plan on starting weight lifting next week, even it I can only manage 1/3 or 1/2 or 3/4 of my routine to start with. I think I've had my best successes when I journal daily, so started doing that today. I'm READY.

Riestrella, The new badges look great, Thank you.

Curvy, Well you are pretty close. My ds goes to college in Klamath Falls which is close to the Cali. border. Yes, it probably will rain during your run, lol.

Munchey, Did you manage to get your exercise ball blown up to your likeing? I like doing crunches on the ball and squats are sort of fun too.

Tootsie, YOU can do this!

everyone.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 01-01-2016 at 04:16 PM. Reason: sp
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year to all! Good luck on the challenge!
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hope everyone had a good day! It was a rest day for me. It was in the low 60's today, but the sun was out and it was nice and warm. I got in a little yard work and gardening. It was one of those days that people watch the Rose Parade and think about coming to California, until reality sets in, lol.

WorkingLikeaDog:
Glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you a good plan to start out slow. I agree that journeling or posting accountability somewhere helps, even if you have had a bad day.

After a failed attempt, (over the course of a couple of hours, lol), I found an electric tire inflater that I had in the garage and used it. The air kept seeping out between hand pumping sessions. The only way to do it was to get air in fast and get the plug in. It is shaped like a giant pill, so hopefully the dog won't bother it. It will be an adventure to find ways to use it.

I'M GOING TO LIST ALL THE THINGS I HATE ABOUT BEING FAT. JOIN IN AND MAKE YOUR OWN LIST!
I hate the way my clothes feel
I'm embarrassed to look in the mirror
The girls are too heavy (bigger isn't always better)
I feel like I have at least a 55-gallon drum strapped to my back
My joint pain is worse with excess weight
My back is prone to getting strained
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I joined the December challenge but didn't make it to the end of the month - had a hard time over the holidays. I would like to sign up for the 2016 challenge and try my best to stick to it.

Riestrella - thanks for doing this challenge

I would really like to challenge myself to lose 30 pounds in 2016 and keep it off. I am tired of going up and down over and over.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:12 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Munchey

I love this idea. Why I hate being fat

I've had to give all my clothes to my daughter and I only have 3 pairs of jeans that "fit".

I hate that my husband only weighs 30 lbs more than me and is a full foot taller than me.

I hate that I keep injuring myself b/c my joints can't handle the extra 50+ lbs I've added over the past 5 yrs.

I'm tired of looking pregnant when my youngest is 3.

Don't like looking in the mirror either, and worse jiggling when trying to get dressed.

In general disappointed in myself for letting me get this bad...

Edited to add, I'd like to be able to cross my legs again, or bend over to put shoes on or any other reason I need to bend over.. right now I can't do either..

Last edited by Mom2threeACG; 01-01-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #55  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! Welcome to all newcomers and all your appreciation for the challenge!

Thank you for your patience regarding the spreadsheet saboteur! I think the kid got bored and has stopped tampering with things, this morning I noticed a lot of the lower usernames were deleted, but it was easily fixed. I have a feeling this one might have been a forum member, if you scroll across the spreadsheet it can delete things. If you notice any unusual activity, please let me know! But in the meantime I THINK we're in the clear.

I've been battling a pretty nasty cold in the last 3 days, the first day I felt run down and fevery, then it seemed to clear and just turn into a cold, but last night I got hit pretty badly with a slight fever again. It's like a roller coaster! Looking at Class Pass it appears that normal gym schedules don't revert back to normal hours until Monday, so I've not been exercising recently. I guess it's good timing with the cold though!

Munchey - That's a great idea! I hate being fat because
- Clothes never fit properly. I'm chest heavy with a smaller waist so trying to get clothes that don't make me look too tight or too loose is a nightmare. Also, I hate all the fat rolls that come with being overweight! The under the bra strap roll, the muffin top roll, the belly over the jeans roll...I've burst enough buttons off my trousers to want to lose the flab!
- The feeling of being unhappy when looking in the mirror. Most of the time I can appreciate my body, it's my vessel through life so I shouldn't hate it senselessly, but I am just not happy with this appearance. I want to treat myself to the best gift of all - a healthy body!
- Bra shopping. Need I say more?
- Walking into a room with a group of people and knowing I'm the biggest one there. Living in Colorado this happens constantly.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I think the fact that you can fix the spreadsheet so quickly has taken the fun out of the sabotage. LOL Thanks Riestrella. This is the best challenge I have ever seen, and the fact that it got me to finish all the way through is proof! I can't believe we have 59 paticipants!! Anyone want to make it 60?

Here's hoping that we all make it to the finish line!!

My #1 reason I hate being fat is

I hate that I have to wear elastic waist pants. I am at least a full size smaller through the hips, thighs and legs than I am from the waist up. If I buy pants that fit my butt, I can't button them. If I buy them to fit my waist, I have all this bagginess in the bottom.

The other reasons are

Looking in the full length mirror when I get out of the shower and seeing my huge bare belly. They say belly fat is the easiest to lose. Bah!

Seeing pics of myself with others and looking like a mammoth giant next to them.

Having my eyes disappear when I give a big smile.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-02-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! I am up for the challenge!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #58  
lissyfatchick

S/C/G: 215/212/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Does Balloon disqualify from joining the challenge?

I had a gastric balloon recently. Can I still participate? Looks like a lot of fun.
melissa2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Hi fellow Challengers!

Rie - Hope you get over your cold, soon! The last time I had one, it held on for a week or so. Not fun!

munchey & Wannabehealthy - you all made me think of something I did a couple weeks, ago. I had one of those stretchy bands from a class I had eons ago and I went looking for it. Well, needless to say, it was all crunchy and I had to toss it out. I had it sealed up in a large baggie, but it did not survive. lol

munchey - I am going to post the positives about losing the fat and eating healthier:

No more acid reflux - goodbye stomach pills.
No more rest sessions after washing just the dishes. I have so much more energy now!
Being able to pick something up off the car floor next to my feet, when I am sitting and tying my shoes.
Going through my closet and getting my smaller sizes out and they fit and some are getting right loose.
Being able to walk up/down the stairs frontways using both legs. Both ankles and both knees had issues from being too heavy and I had to go down sideways and only could use my right knee for stepping down.
Finding healthier ways to prepare food and finding new recipes.
Weaning myself off of sugar and not having the cravings anymore.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

We're up to 61 participants! Hi Lynn! Glad to see you back posting again.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote