Old 02-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #406  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks for the well done wishes making goal. Unfortunately I ate some very salty chicken last night for supper and the scale was up for weigh in day. But I don't sweat the small stuff, it' only water retention.
Rie...My plan leading up to my goal was to stay away from bread, My biggest down fall. It's like dessert to me, yummy. A friend just sent me a recipe for artisan bread a couple days ago, made it and had a big fight with myself. Anyone bake your own bread? This one has 4 ingredients, no bread machine, no kneeding, takes 2 minutes to stir together. Let sit on counter overnight, bake next day! You will have a fight with yourself too. If anyone likes crusty on the outside and soft insides, I'll post the recipe.
As to the migraines, Google foods that trigger migraines and you'll fill a couple of pages. Beware of natural flavor .......most always a form of msg. Msg is a killer trigger as well as preservatives, nitrates, sulfate so. The reason I bake my own bread is because store bought bread has malted barley flour in it, also a migraine trigger. White flour has malted barley too unless you buy it at a health food store where it's pure Flour with no junk added. Sorry folks...I'm getting carried away here. Maybe I should start a thread for migraine sufferers and we can trade wisdom.
Good luck everyone on weigh in day!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, yes, I want the recipe for that easy peasy bread! I love bread. Do I sound like Oprah on her WW commercial? LOL My favorite is crusty on the outside and soft on the inside.

I wish I had some food allergies so I would have some foods I wouldn't/couldn't eat. Unfortunately, I can and do eat everything!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #408  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Haha, wannabehealthy, I feel that way sometimes too! But on the other hand it has to suck big time to be allergic to certain foods. I would certainly be worried that something was slipped in at a restaurant.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #409  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Artisan Bread
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rapid rising or instant yeast
1.5 cups warm water

In a bowl, stir the flour, salt, yeast and water until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and set at room temperature for 8 - 24 hours.
Turn dough out onto well floured surface and form into a ball. Rest for 30 minutes. In the meantime, place baking dish with high sides into the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Careful on this, my cast iron pan starts smoking if
I leave it in this long to preheat.
Slash "X" on top of bread, carefully transfer to baking dish and cover. Bake 30 minutes: uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more until golden brown. Cool before slicing.
P.S. One gal suggested letting the dough rise on parchment paper and lifting the dough up by the paper and placing it in the baking pan. I bake mine in a cast iron pan, the bread is so good and no work at all. I only bake mine uncovered for 10 minutes.
Today I made it using some fresh herbs.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-01-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Bobbolink - congrats on making goal. Your recipes sound delicious.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Had a great week last week. Not such a great loss this week - but happy enough. I had the week off work so I didn't clock up as many steps and I might have been a little bit naughty on a lunch date or two. Tried to make up for that - and got away with it. But ultra-strict this week. Promise! x
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 260/216.0/155

Height: 5"5

Is there a link to post for week 9? Thanks
equinechick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Haha, wannabehealthy, I feel that way sometimes too! But on the other hand it has to suck big time to be allergic to certain foods. I would certainly be worried that something was slipped in at a restaurant.

Yeah, I didn't think of that, Rie. Especially if it was a life threatening allergy. That would be scary.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #414  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Sorry it's late!!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #415  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:

Charts are top 15 biggest losers! Sign ups are now closed! If you were already in the challenge and your information is gone from the spreadsheet, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks so you've been moved to Standby. Simply tell me you want back in and I'll move you back into the spreadsheet.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 260/216.0/155

Height: 5"5

I'm excited I actually might make goal this challenge. Just 1.8 lbs to go.
equinechick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:07 AM   #417  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

equinechick61 Yay you! Go for it!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments and weight loss! We are all at in different situations in regard to what our goals, metabolism and fitness levels are. Whether you have met your ultimate goal, a short-term or mid-term goal, lost one pound or made advancements in physical fitness - YOU ARE ALL WINNERS!

BOBBI:
A big congrats on meeting your goal

EQUINECHICK61:
I'm rooting for you to make goal!

ROSINATTE:
How is the belly dancing going?

RIE:
Hope things are going well for you!

I've been struggling for a couple of weeks, but I finally got a foothold. I've been documenting a lot of daily pledges and now have my portions in control and I've managed to avoid all Popchips and chocolate for 7 days. When I feel hungry at bedtime, I have approx. 10 raw almonds. So far, that has served me well to get rid of hunger.

I did not give myself a cheat day last week and will try to avoid one for the rest of the challenge. Instead, I've been buying little nonfood rewards. I bought a new hat for outdoor walks and yard work. I recently purchased some essential oils and hope to do some aromatherapy today. I will try a blend of cinnamon, orange and cloves.

Hope everyone is having a great week and will end the challenge on a good note!

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 03-02-2016 at 11:25 AM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #419  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

munchey ~ thank you for asking! I've only been that once; would have gone the following week but opted to take care of my It's-Complicated, who was afraid he was about to be fired from work that morning; the next week the teacher was on holiday; I was going to go tomorrow (snow/thunder/hail permitting) but then I'm away the following week, so I've decided to wait until I'm back, then I can have a good run at it. Sorry that's a long answer I struggle with any notion of suppleness but I'll keep working on it.

Just realized ~ I've reached my goal for this challenge! Woot! Now to stick with it - am having huge carb cravings at the moment
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
munchey ~ thank you for asking! I've only been that once; would have gone the following week but opted to take care of my It's-Complicated, who was afraid he was about to be fired from work that morning; the next week the teacher was on holiday; I was going to go tomorrow (snow/thunder/hail permitting) but then I'm away the following week, so I've decided to wait until I'm back, then I can have a good run at it. Sorry that's a long answer I struggle with any notion of suppleness but I'll keep working on it.

Just realized ~ I've reached my goal for this challenge! Woot! Now to stick with it - am having huge carb cravings at the moment

ROSINANTE:
Congrats on making Goal! 14.5 pounds is fantastic.

I'm betting if you get back with belly dancing, you will have some fun with it and get a core workout and some cardio all at the same time. Don't pay any attention to how good you are, just think of it as an exercise session.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 03-02-2016 at 05:40 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote