Height: 5'2"

Done it! Thank you
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #377  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Weight Loss: So today is Friday, my weekly update and weigh in woop woop! Yesterday I felt so much better when I decided I wasn't going to weigh in daily anymore, I felt a weight lift from my shoulders as cliched as it sounds. My weight this week is 164 lbs, which I'm happy about having weighed in at 166/165 lbs earlier in the week. Now comes the true test of waiting a week to weigh in, it'll be an interesting time waiting but I believe it's for the best. I'm sure I'll definitely feel curious along the way but I have to refrain! Yesterday was a good food day, I drank all my water, I didn't have chips with lunch but had fruit instead and generally I felt like I had done really well. I haven't worked out since Tuesday since I've been waiting for my legs to feel better. I've got a Zumba class tomorrow to get me back into the exercise routine! This weekend is going to be a challenge food wise, I'm just going to be mindful, remember to slow down when I eat and stop when I feel full.

Life: I've got a lot of work to do for a deadline next Friday, I'm a bit behind but I'm hoping by the end of today I'll be able to catch up and be right back on schedule to finish everything in time. If not, I'll just have to work on one of my weekend days. Sunday the BF and I are going to a friends house for a board games day. Should be a lot of fun! We're going to play the Game of Thrones board game which can be complicated to understand at first...I need to refresh my memory on the rules. On Monday it's said friends birthday party, we're going to go karting which I've never done before so that'll be fun! No plans so far for tonight or tomorrow but might be meeting with the BF's sister tomorrow. A busy weekend ahead .

--------------

Minerva - You're very similar to me - I treat myself to a job well done and that treat lasts a long time to the point where I'm back where I started! It's hard to give you advice when I struggle with it too. My plan for the future when I've moved out of the BF's parents house is to be good 95% of the time. Workout, eat well, then one meal a week have a cheat then that's IT. If I'm strict on this then I think it'll prevent myself from being 100% committed for a long time then snapping and gorging myself with junk food. Some people can't do cheat meals and I understand that, because it sets off a chain reaction. But what I can say is don't get mad, don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself up and keep going. You tripped, you fell behind, so what? If you want this, you will get it. If you don't want it badly enough right now, then just focus on maintaining.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:19 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Well its been an interesting week, and Monday I was so happy I had gotten to 199lbs and totally forgot to submit my weight!!!! grr, anyway I am back to 200 today but I have been a bit naughty, had some friends round and baked a massive cake, cooked sticky bourbon chicken and dirty rice and drank lots of bourbon too, it was totally worth it though!
back on plan (not that I am following anything) from today and going to try extra hard to get the last 2 lbs off before the end of the challenge!
How is everyone else doing, I was wondering what kind of plans people are following or are you making your own? or just being sensible?
It's interesting to see whats working well for people and whats not?
Happy Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Koshinogi; 02-21-2016 at 06:21 AM.
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #379  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Koshinogi...If I could cook like you, I'd never lose weight, no kidding. Yummy, Yum and Yum-O! My advice to you is to eat like a monk for a week until you're well under 200, then continue your plan. I've never had sticky bourbon chicken but my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
As to my plans for Sunday food wise? I happen to have some chicken thawed out, not sure what I'll do with it. For sure I need to get Koshi's recipe out of my mind, do you have a slim version? Anybody want to share a slim recipe using chicken thighs? I usually use only the breast but my hubby likes thighs better, he says they are moister.
Happy Sunday everyone
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:56 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Riestrella, I submitted Week 6 twice but for some reason you didn't get it. Will you enter 197 for me? I submitted week 7 this morning so let me know if you don't get it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, my husband doesn't like sauces on his food so I cook pretty plain. I just roast my chicken. Sauces tend to add calories. I googled sticky bourbon chicken and copied the recipe but I doubt if he would eat it. It does look really good, though, but not low calorie, low fat, or low carb.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Oh man, I've been flat out with a stomach bug, and miserable. I feel....a little cheat-y taking my weight after being so sick and knowing that simply re-hydrating myself is going to increase it, but I also feel like.....dang it, I earned this drop with my blood, sweat, and.....other fluids. Sorry for TMI, just wanted to be totally honest about why I seemed to drop 4 lbs in a week. :/
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #383  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

For all those who like to weigh in a little early for the upcoming week. Week 7 weights are still open until tomorrow, see the link in my signature to submit your Week 7 weight! The charts for week 7 will be made tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #384  
Bobbi

I just checked out the sticky bourbon chicken carol sue...no way can I eat this. First of all it has 432 calories per serving, you would only be able to eat a large salad with it and nothing else, light dressing. Speaking of dressing, anyone keep guar gum in their kitchen cabinets? I pick wild raspberries in the summer, cook them until mushy and put thru a fine sieve to remove seeds. Then freeze in tiny containers. For my raspberry vinegrette I thaw out one of the raspberry containers, add real apple cider vinegar, stevia, water and guar gum. It keep forever in frig, it's delicious and next to no calories. A teaspoon of guar gum has 10 calories. (I only use 1/2 teaspoon) This is a thickening agent, works on dips, sauces, etc. You don't have to cook it, just stir it in. I have a recipe for peanut butter sauce (for raw veggies) using pb2. That's dehydrated peanut butter powder, this sauce uses guar gum too and very low in calories since all the oil has been removed from the peanuts, I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it.
I think I would like to try the sticky chicken after I make my goal...it sounds wonderful.
You all have a great day!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-22-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #385  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge:

Charts are top 15 biggest losers! If you want to join the challenge, please go to the first post of the thread and read the rules before joining. If you were already in the challenge and your information is gone from the spreadsheet, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks so you've been moved to Standby. Simply tell me you want back in and I'll move you back into the spreadsheet.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #386  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for putting the charts up! I was feeling a bit low and sighy, because I'm yo-yoing round a couple of pounds again ~ and then I see I've lost 13.8 in the challenge!! That perked me right up!

However, I think I've lost memory weight as well as body weight - I can't remember how long this challenge is, is it 8 weeks? I looked in the OP but couldn't see it but maybe I'm glazing over
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #387  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Thank you for putting the charts up! I was feeling a bit low and sighy, because I'm yo-yoing round a couple of pounds again ~ and then I see I've lost 13.8 in the challenge!! That perked me right up!

However, I think I've lost memory weight as well as body weight - I can't remember how long this challenge is, is it 8 weeks? I looked in the OP but couldn't see it but maybe I'm glazing over
You've done so well, 13.8 lbs in 7 weeks is an amazing accomplishment! Check the OP again for a link to the spreadsheet that you can view to see the remaining weeks. (psst...it's 10 weeks)
Old 02-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Mmmm chicken thighs, one of my favorites. I'm into easy recipes that don't require a lot of prep. I like chicken thighs when they are cooked in a crock pot on low for several hours. I like spicy so I throw in some chunk salsa. Just about any brand of chunky salsa works, and then shred the chicken after it's cooked. It's delicious and you can do a lot of things with it after that. Put it on a tortilla, put it in a salad, put it with some rice, mix some veggies with it, etc.

I feel tired today so I naturally want to comfort myself with carbs and sugar. Some days I feel like I will never reach my goal. I go along and lose for a while and then gain it all back. I wish I could find the right formula for not slipping back into bad habits.

Maybe I should take a nap. A nap is carb and sugar free, right?
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Mmmm, chicken thighs! I like to cook 'em up fast in my cast iron pan with a little salt and pepper...everything cooked in that pan has a hint of bacon-y flavor after years of cooking lots of bacon in it, so they turn out just scrumptious!
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:29 AM   #390  
Bobbi

Rachael Ray says to cook ALL MEATS in cast iron. Our mom gave all 3 of us (my other 2 sisters) one 50 years ago, yes....I'm old. I use it all the time, great advice. I actually put the thighs in my slow cooker since we were gone a big part of the day. Hubby had a colonoscopy and I had to be there. I took the skin off, put in my homemade chicken broth with salt/pepper and my new favorite seasoning make by Weber called Kick'N Chicken. It has onion, salt, garlic, spices, red pepper, orange peel, sugar, red bell pepper, paprika in it. It has a nice kick to it, I really like it, I even use it on beef.