Old 02-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm afraid I am not really on any plan. I just count calories. I do have a Fit Bit which I use to keep track of how many calories I burn and then I eat a set amount of calories under that. Theory is that if you burn more than you consume you will lose weight.
I have upped my walking. I now walk into work and home from work when the weather allows. I've usually been eating between 1,200 and 1,300 calories a day. Sometimes less - depends on what I fancy eating. But I am going to drop that for the next few weeks to see if it makes any difference. I try not to regularly eat under 1,000 cals a day though as it is bad for you. I have sometimes gone under when I have not been feeling too great and not wanted to eat much - but not regularly. Gonna see what a week of 1,000 - 1,100 will do.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

Oof, I'm still up form two days of cheating this weekend. Frustrating...
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
wolfy & flower...thanks for the response, I'm sure everyone want to know what you're doing. Oprah has been advertising this plan and and she loves bread like I do. Do you eat the low calorie bread on the plan?
I just budget bread into my day, I haven't found a low-calorie bread that I like yet.
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:17 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Bobbolinkiber - I eat bread also. However, I switched to gluten-free bread a few weeks ago because I get really bloated at times and wanted to see if getting rid of the gluten made a difference. It has made a huge difference and I'm far less bloated.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #365  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Bobbolink - I'm basically just counting calories and counting steps.

I nearly always get the "magical" 10,000 steps a day in, often quite a lot more. Sundays, less.

I started on 1,200 calories but the diabetes dietician I saw in September told me to eat at least 100 more, and up the starchy carbs. I thought she was ridiculous but I tried anyway ~ in a really grudging, "young whippersnapper, half my age, a stick insect, what does she know that's not out of a textbook" spirit ~ and lo and behold, the weight continued to come off.

I now eat around 1,400 calories a day. I try not to exclude food groups but I seem to lose the best when I limit the processed stuff, especially sweet stuff. Technically, it should be ok if it's within my calorie budget but it seems to slow things a bit.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #366  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

As Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heros would say, " Vetty interesting" . I'm so happy all your plans are working for you and no plateaus yet. I hit a small one last week but the one day of fasting kicked me off it and I'm back to losing again.

I just went back and edited this note, some of you probably don't have a clue who Sgt. Schultz is or the term he always used.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-16-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, I know Sgt. Schultz. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rie, I thought I submitted the Week 6 submission form but I see I'm not entered for week 6. I don't even remember what my weight was. Can you check to see if I submitted it?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-16-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #369  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Rie, I thought I submitted the Week 6 submission form but I see I'm not entered for week 6. I don't even remember what my weight was. Can you check to see if I submitted it?
I don't see you on the response spreadsheet! If you estimate I can enter the weight for you for week 6.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Sw-263
1/9-266
1/16-265
1/23-263.8
1/30-263.8
2/6-264.0
2/13-265.0
2/20-
2/27-
3/5-
3/12-
Gw-249
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Valentine's Day was lovely for me. I've been married 31 years and DH is still very romantic. He never forgets a beautiful card, flowers, and See's chocolates (my favorite). I do really appreciate his efforts. But the chocolate ruined me. I shared it with a lot of people, so it's all gone now, but I am left fighting sugar cravings. Hopefully I will win that war soon.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #372  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Getting quieter towards the end of the challenge, though I'm feeling the need to not chat as much about weight loss since I'm finding myself become a little obsessive. I'm beginning to think maybe I need to take a break from weighing daily and stick to weighing weekly. I find myself thinking about food too much, thinking about how my weight will look the next day if I eat ___. Once the challenge is over I think I'll take a break from the scale entirely until I feel ready to lose weight and monitor that progress. A part of me will always have the mentality of someone who doesn't want to get fatter, so I'm not too worried about regaining loads of weight back. If I'm still not ready to participate in weighing with you guys by the time the next challenge is ready, then I'll still run the challenge but I won't participate in it until the time comes where I feel ready to face the scale.

I'm still going to exercise and try and eat healthy, but instead of doing it for the moment I step on the scale in the morning I'm going to start doing it for me - to change my lifestyle. I'm subconsciously putting too much emphasis on a number and letting it make me feel badly about myself. I should feel good that I went on a run, or I ate a nice healthy meal in the day, or I drank loads of water. If I do any of those things but the scale doesn't budge it saddens me. I had to take a scale break a couple of years ago for the same reasons, and I ended up feeling a lot better for it.

I think my weigh in day will be Friday, I'll still be reading your posts and replying to them, but my personal update will be summed up in one post a week.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone!
I have been very busy, and a little down, lately so I have not been around much. I have gained again to the point where I am heavier now than when I started the challenge. I did, at one point in the challenge, get back down to my lowest weight since I started my weight loss journey, but every time I get close to making that number smaller, I apparently sabotage myself. I am starting to get really mad at myself for this. I hope that when I weigh in on Sunday I will be down from last weekend, but I know it won't be a lot.
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:02 AM   #374  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi Riestrella.

I'm trying to add my week 7 weight but the link in your signature goes to a http 400 error, and the one you posted brings up the form but won't let me type in any answers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or it's a system glitch.

I hear what you're saying about daily weighing, I keep trying to wean myself off too. Yesterday I was cartwheeling all over the world because I'd made it into the 150s (159.5 but still ). I was confident enough to be public about it because although exciting, it wasn't such a giant drop from a couple of days earlier that it could have been a scales issue. Today? You guessed it. Up to 160.6. I'm not quite so cartwheely..... in fact yes, it really is a downer on the day, and makes me want to eat less and less, which I know's not healthy. Maybe we could have a "don't touch the scales for a month" challenge? lol

Thanks again for setting this one up, it's been a big help

Last edited by Rosinante; 02-19-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #375  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Hi Riestrella.

I'm trying to add my week 7 weight but the link in your signature goes to a http 400 error, and the one you posted brings up the form but won't let me type in any answers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or it's a system glitch.

I hear what you're saying about daily weighing, I keep trying to wean myself off too. Yesterday I was cartwheeling all over the world because I'd made it into the 150s (159.5 but still ). I was confident enough to be public about it because although exciting, it wasn't such a giant drop from a couple of days earlier that it could have been a scales issue. Today? You guessed it. Up to 160.6. I'm not quite so cartwheely..... in fact yes, it really is a downer on the day, and makes me want to eat less and less, which I know's not healthy. Maybe we could have a "don't touch the scales for a month" challenge? lol

Thanks again for setting this one up, it's been a big help
I'm having some really weird issues with my signature...I go to edit it to correct the code which magically is cut off, preview to check it's ok, save, then it's back to weirdness! I think I've fixed it...

My advice would be to not get excited about a new decade until you've been there for a few days! I've done similar things too! Don't feel badly, you're doing amazing.