Old 01-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehuel View Post
Hmmm.... let's say 172 lb? I'd like about 2 lb a week so that's a little bit over that.

Thanks Munchey!
Update made, You are welcome.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #167  

HEY EVERYONE! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD WEEK!

RIE:
I like the new picture- looking good! Glad you had a great time in NY!

BOBBI:
Glad you are on a roll with another great week - good job!

I gave myself a little reward for losing 38 pounds since late August. I got teeth whitening trays from my dentist. I started using them last night. One step closer to New Year, New Me. When I reach my goal weight this year, I'll have something more to smile about and it will be nice to have white teeth.

I watched The Biggest Loser TV show on Monday. One observation I made is that there is a noteable difference in how people carry their weight. I'm sure genetics plays into it, how athletic people have been in the past and probably some other factors. It was really noticeable this season, as they have two people side by side on different scales weighing in at the same time. Some of them are very close in weight, but some look like they will snap into shape nicely, while others look like they won't be as lucky. I'd hate to be one of the ladies with the midriff top on or the men without shirts. It appears to be very humbling.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Oh, I had to go back to see Rie's new pic! Very pretty, but I don't see the chubby cheeks and double chin you were talking about!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #169  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Back on the fitness horse today! I did a cardio core fusion class at a pilates studio. Lots of work on fitness balls, bosu balls, suspension bands and the such. It gets my sweat on lightly but I feel like I'm strengthening my body too and working on posture. Food still needs work, I think I'm having problems with sugar cravings after drinking soda over the holiday period and eating chocolate that my family sent to me from England. My teeth are starting to feel abused so it's a good time to go cold turkey. If I ever had any dental problems it's sad to say it'd be cheaper to get a flight back to England to sort it out...

----------------

munchey - Thanks! That's great that you treated yourself, I think it's really important to treat yourself to non-food related gifts when on this weight loss journey. Oh yeah, definitely, height and body shape play such a huge roll. I carry all my weight on my stomach and chest, but I know people have a hard time with it on their hips and legs.

wannabehealthy - Thank you! We're all our own worse critics, I know my face isn't that bad, I just know that it has looked much thinner in previous years when I was close to my goal! Something to look forward to again
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:55 PM   #170  

RIE:

Good job on your workout! Are you able to save the chocolate and use it for a once a week treat?

Munchey
Old 01-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #171  

Here is my vision board for the first half of 2016. I'm aiming to keep my eyes on the prize.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-14-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Munchy - Love your vision board! Just Do It is my favorite motivator! 30 miles a week is a lot, would be for me any way. Do you run?
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Looking at all your posts, and realizing I still have 2 days to lose a pound if I join today, made me throw my cookie stash in the trash and start now instead of Monday! Now is always better than "Monday"!

Thanks everyone!
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #174  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Good morning everyone!

My weight dropped from 166 lbs to 165.2 lbs overnight without trying.

workinglikeadog - Do you think you're eating enough during the day? Do you tend to watch TV and feel the need to snack during it? I have a bad habit of eating while watching TV, so I some sort of association that TV=food.
Yes, to growing up and snacking while watching TV, thus TV=food. I've tried breaking the habit, but it comes back. My latest thought is to just pick one snack, like a glass of milk, or cup or yogurt. My husband snacks either during or after TV, more enticing for me if during and my inner child can be s a problem.

on your weight loss, very nice to see. Also wanted to mention, your new profile pick is so nice, your are a beauty!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #175  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Munchey, Like your vision board, especially the JUST DO IT! May have to make one for myself. TFS.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
Munchy - Love your vision board! Just Do It is my favorite motivator! 30 miles a week is a lot, would be for me any way. Do you run?

Kris2008:
Glad you like my vision board. I'm walking for my miles. I'm counting steps/miles on a Fitbit One and practically have it fused onto me, lol. I started out in late August, with a 20 mile a week goal, then upped it after a couple of months to 25 miles. The 30 miles is a stretch for me, but I made it a goal so as to not get too comfortable and stuck at 25 miles. Realistically, I now I won't be able to reach it every week.

I try to start getting in miles as early in the day as possible and just keep moving. On days when I get to the park with my dog, I reach my miles for the day easily. On some other days, it can be tough and I end up doing laps in my back yard or in the house to reach my goal.

One thing that has helped inspire me is a website called Walking4Fun. I've signed up for my 3rd virtual hike and it helps motivate me to get in more miles. The hiker who put the website together has a lot of photos and as you progress on the trail, you can view the photos. Also, you can join a group and see how your compare to your walking buddies. It has helped motivate me. If anyone is interested in participating in a virtual walk on The Arizona Trail, let me know and I can provide more details.

Munchey
Old 01-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #177  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Not much new with me, I'm cracking on with exercise. Calorie counting...that needs work. I had a couple of pig out days on treats (I'm weak, but they're all gone i.e. been eaten now!). I have a bullet journal (does anyone else do that?) and I made a bunch of tracker pages to track my good habits. After looking at it this morning and seeing that during and immediately after New York I had fallen into a bad routine I feel ready to pick myself up and get going again with being accountable in all aspects of my life.

I did a boot camp class yesterday and it was tough!! Reminded me a little of the 30 Day Shred but without the ab work. Lots of cardio and weights, my legs are super sore today. Yesterday I was good with water intake, my new water bottle really does a great job at reminding me I need to hydrate with it's timer feature.

Weight is still holding at 165 lbs, 1 lb up from starting weight, I doubt I'll drop to 164 lbs by tomorrow but I'll certainly try!

---------------------------

kris - Wow, good job on throwing away all those treats!

workinglikeadog - My family are awful for eating while watching TV. We used to have meals at a table, then our kitchen got converted to a kitchen/dining room and they had a TV in there. My spot on the family table is with the TV behind me, so they eat and watch TV and I just have to stare at my parents ignoring me haha. It's hard when your partner does the things you want to do, every time my BF starts snacking I immediately want to join in. But it's that inner strength that will change us and help us lose weight in the end! Aw, thanks!

munchey - Awesome vision board. A piece of friendly advice, take it or leave it, is while it's great to have goals for weight loss I personally find that putting a date to it can be harmful. If you don't make your goal by the date then it can really dampen the long term plan. When I first started to lose weight I did the same thing, then got really disappointed with myself when I didn't lose it in time, even though I had come a long way already. Just something to think about, not everyone is the same and some people smash the goals!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:46 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, posted my weight today bc I am off to FL for a few days & won't have my computer with me. I was stuck at the beginning of the week, but started eating a LOT more veggies every day & ended up losing another pound.
Good luck to all,
Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

So, I finally weighed-in an it wasn't as bad as I expected! I'm happy I did it and see I'm on the right path. I didn't gain during holidays and I lost 4 pounds in the first two weeks of my diet! Thank you Riestrella, MinervaMoo and Wannabehealthy for pushing me on the scale. It really helped to read some encouragement.

I'm trying to stick to good food choices for now and going though some sugar detox with raging headaches. I went for two walks last week. I'm still struggling with low self-esteem and the thought that everyone will stare at me in the gym or at the pool. Any advice how to get over it?
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #180  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good job on the pound Lynn!
As to exercising, I HATE IT. My hubby and I don't go to the YMCA during the summer months and this fall we sort of forgot going back. We can walk over there, takes about 4 minutes so we have no excuse but laziness. Someone please motivate me.
I had a great week, lost 2.4 pounds. This might not sound like much but I only had 10.4 pounds to lose and it takes much will power to lose anything at my weight. I was about 4 pounds over my goal weight just before Thanksgiving, added more weight over the holidays. Up, up, up went the scales.
This past week I made a batch of cabbage soup to snack on during the day, I add apples, stevia and apple cider vinegar for a sweet/sour soup. I froze many zip bags of apples last fall, you'll all have to try adding them to your cabbage soup, really good.
We're 40 below zero this morning with wind chills added, many churches are closed. We're having a Sunday dinner at my daughters at noon, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, having hubby warm up the jeep before I step outside.
You all have a great Sunday.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote