Old 01-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

I spoke with trainer at my gym today. On Friday morning he will spend some time with me to help me use several machines. Right now, I am doing only aerobic stuff. I know I need to do some weights.

I am a little nervous. Every time I work with one of these guys, I end up getting hurt. Hopefully, I will be able to stick to my guns & do only those things that I know are safe for me.

I hate being overweight bc it is unhealthy & causes me knee & back pain.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-06-2016 at 07:00 PM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

LadyInWeighting:
Hope your training session goes well. Tell the trainer about any vulnerable areas and emphasize you want to take it easy and prevent injury. Trainers should be versed on injury prevention. Sorry you have had a bad experience in the past. You could opt to use free weights.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-06-2016 at 09:27 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Carol Sue,

One of my goals is to increase my daily exercise. The first # is time on the reclining bike; the second # is time on the eliptical; the third # is time on the treadmill.

Lynn

Great way to keep track of it, Lynn. I would definitely speak up with the trainer so you don't get an injury. You know your limitations. I have never worked with a trainer but I heard that they tend to push too hard. It's a good idea to have him show you the proper way to use the machines, but be sure to progress at your own speed. Everyone is different.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-06-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #109  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Omg, I did a boxing class yesterday, it was an old school gym with veteran professional boxers, it was a killer workout! I still can't type very well with my left hand, it's still shaking. I honestly almost passed out at one point, got the cold sweat and everything, I kept going because I didn't feel dizzy and I focused on my breathing, but it sucked! The instructor was really friendly, he was really impressed with my speed and balance, he said to me "if you get in shape, you could be a great athlete" so that was a nice ego boost! But yes, definitely need to get in shape. I think I'll give it a few more tries, but it was a 1.5 hour workout and definitely the hardest one by far.

I went to a barre class today because I'm stupid and I tweaked my knee a little bit. I was going to do a boot camp class tomorrow but I cancelled it because I'm going to New York this weekend and don't want to be limping around.

Calorie counting has been going well so far, I've been honest with myself and counted everything the best I could. The sushi dinner put me waaay over, by about 750 calories, I just can't control myself around that much sushi . But yesterday was much better, I was under my calories and today I'm going to do my best as well.

-----------------

munchey - Sounds like you're nailing it with the exercise! Good job. Did you end up a muddy mess with your dog? I haven't watch TBL for a long time, it got too dramatic for me, did someone genuinely offer to pay someone to leave or was it just a passing comment? I've been calorie counting on and off for about 3 years now, so I believe I've got some of my old recipes tucked away in my account. Definitely useful.

katiam - I know, right? I've been using them for 10+ years now, all the lingo just makes sense to me but then I realised some people might not actually know what PM stands for! Oops.

Koshi - Welcome back, glad to see you. Knee pain is the worse, but the stronger you become the less it hurts.

ladyinweighting - I agree with what others have said, be really clear about your body weaknesses and previous injuries. If they're worth the money you're spending then they won't ignore you. Some trainers don't realise that everyone has different limits, don't feel pressured to do something you can't do or something that doesn't feel right.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone! I hope you all are having an amazing week
My year has started off slow, but nothing to complain about. I am still looking for an effective motivator for myself, but I'll figure it out.
I have not been very active on 3FC lately, but I have been reading updates to this thread and I think its great how many people are joining this challenge! We can do it!

I think its a good idea to list reasons why we hate being fat; so here is mine...
I hate being fat because I have high blood pressure, and I am at risk for other health issues. I hate being fat because despite buying really good shoes, my feet hurt if I stand for too long or even just go about my day at work. I hate being fat because it is difficult for me to put my shoes and socks on, or paint my toenails. I hate being fat because it kept me from continuing with sports that I love for fear of being ridiculed. I hate being fat because I always have to worry about not fitting into booths when I go out. I hate being fat because I can't find any cute clothes (apparently fat women should be a floral pattern).
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

As usual, having a problem w after-dinner eating. Last night went sweet-crazy. Went to store today & bought red/yellow/orange peppers, non-fat ranch veggie dip, little carrots & seafood sauce.

Tonight's "binge" will be on veggies!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:09 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
I spoke with trainer at my gym today. On Friday morning he will spend some time with me to help me use several machines. Right now, I am doing only aerobic stuff. I know I need to do some weights.

I am a little nervous. Every time I work with one of these guys, I end up getting hurt. Hopefully, I will be able to stick to my guns & do only those things that I know are safe for me.

I hate being overweight bc it is unhealthy & causes me knee & back pain.

Lynn
Have them start you with light weights, like no more than 10lbs and only those for arms and legs. Light weights really do help with burning calories and getting back into shape. It's what worked best for me last time. Depending on your prior injuries, you need to let them know each and everything that has happened before. If they don't modify your workout to include those injuries, then you have every right to request a trainer who will. My best trainer knew and recognized my biggest weaknesses, knees, ankles and asthma and worked with me to work around those issues and got me from a sz 12, to a 2 again. It took a lot of hard work, but we did it.. You can to!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

The week is just flying by. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is Friday. Hope the week is going well for everyone!

I was so happy that it didn't rain today. I got to the park, with my dog, rather late in afternoon. I love walking in the park after a heavy rain. We have had so much drought, that the lake and stream beds were mostly dry (except for some small areas). Well, they aren't dry anymore. The birds all have smiles on their beaks, lol.

I had my camera with me and actually had some fun on my walk by taking some photos. All the rain brought out some new species of birds, so it was a more interesting walk.

I was a little burned out today, so I gave the whole body vibration machine a rest. Don't want to get whole body whiplash, lol. I've been very hungry all day long. I cooked some spaghetti squash and some ground turkey. I added some spaghetti sauce and had a great meal. It seemed to hit the spot.

RIE:
Have a fantastic trip to NY! Maybe there is boxing in your future. Rhonda Rousey look out.

Both my dog and I made a contribution to bringing some sandy dirt into the house, lol.

TBL has a "Temptation Nation" theme. Actually, Bob Harper made an offer of $40,000 to one team of 2 to leave the show, but they declined - with the quote.

MinervaMoo:
Good list of what you hate about being fat. I guess we all have to get motivation in our own way. For me, I hit a point when I realizied I wasn't really living. I was getting by until I lost weight. I couldn't postpone any longer, because I'd be getting by until I ended up in a casket.

Last edited by munchey; 01-07-2016 at 10:06 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #114  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

So, this whole counting calories things has really opened my eyes. No wonder I've been stalling for so long! I've just been eating way too much food. It makes me feel a little silly now, I suppose, but I'm so happy at the same time to have this mystery solved. I've been listening to peoples advice about being HONEST and counting all calories I consumed, which has actually been difficult because there was a part of me that didn't want to count certain things. Like a little piece of chocolate here, or a chip there...but wow, I know it's so OBVIOUS but it's eye opening how it adds up. And I've been doing this weight loss thing for years!

Yesterday I ate mindlessly for no good reason, then at the end of the day I was tempted to not even count what I ate. But I did it, and I was 500 calories over. It makes me think how many days have I been going over like that and not even realised it?
Now that my eyes are wide open to how much food I truly am eating I feel confident that I'm going to be able to move forward and actually freaking GET OUT OF THE 160'S ALREADY. It's been THREE years, Rie, get a grip!! If I stay within my calorie limit and maybe even under it then I think I'll lose weight in no time. After seeing how crazy successful Penny has been with CC it gives me hope, thanks for the inspiration Penny!

It's going to be hard to cut down food, I LOVE food and I get hungry a lot. But if I want to lose weight then I have to be strict and count the calories.

I've given myself today off from exercise since my body is screaming for a break and I don't want to over-do it since I'm going to New York tomorrow! I'll be posting an announcement with my next post.

-------------------

Minerva - Welcome back! "Apparently fat people should wear floral" that's really interesting!! I feel like plus sized clothes don't get the same attention. If you're looking for a good motivator, then that list was perfect. Think of all those things and how you'll be rid of them ALL when you lose weight. Your health is so important, your body is your vessel through life, would you cut holes out of your boat that was taking you across the ocean? My guess is no, so give yourself the best gift of all - a healthy, happy body! It's scary to change, but you can do it. We can do it together!

munchey - Sounds like a wonderful walk! Colorado had 2 weeks of rain, all the locals were complaining constantly but I loved seeing the landscape turn from a light brown to a bright green. Haha, as much as I like the idea of doing a martial art I'm a big wimp and don't actually want to be hit in the face!! But as an exercise, woah boy, it's great. Ahhh, that makes a lot of sense, good on them for not taking the offer, that's a LOT of money!
Old 01-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #115  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

From Saturday 9th January - Monday 11th January I will be in New York City! So munchey will be in charge of giving you the link to the spreadsheet. From Tuesday 12th January resume PMing me for the link. Please remember to keep the link to yourself and don't share it with people who ask for it in the thread.

Week 1 Charts will be done on Tuesday 12th January!
Old 01-08-2016, 08:00 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Good evening fellow challengers. So today was day 5 of 21 day fix for me, and I've been good and followed the meal plan and workout schedule. I'm still not drinking as much water as I'm supposed to, but it happens, and I'm working on it, on the flipside though, I'm drinking WAY less coffee and soda, so I guess every little bit helps! Anyway, I know this isn't the first weight loss rodeo for some of us, and I wanted to share a little tidbit about my last time of really trying to lose weight.

So in 2007, when my husband was deployed, and you then youngest was 2, I'd decided I was going to surprise him ( hubs) by losing weight and getting fit again. I joined a gym and hired a trainer with a friend of mine for support. Let me tell you. This trainer whooped our butt a few times that week and then we had measurements taken, for the first week being completed. I'm not going to lie, my friend had shrunk in all the worked places, and I had....... gained! Both in weight and inches. I literally started crying right then and there in the locker room feeling like a failure. Everyone around tried to rally for me and cheer me on, but I just wasn't having it that session, or for the weeks following. I followed half hearted until that trainer got an injury and she had to quit. I then started up with a new trainer, who didn't take crap and was far more experienced in people like me with little motivation and even less willpower to stick with things. She introduced me to weight resistance training used with calisthenics like lunges and squats. After a month, I finally started seeing some results. A few months later, I saw even more results and it became addictive. ( well the weight loss, not the exercise for me lol) and I just kept going until my husband came home I think 8 months later. I'd gone from 170 lbs, and a sz 12, to 125 lbs and a sz 2. Now I have no interest in getting that small again b/c I honestly like my boobs and they were the first to go last time, but. I do want to get out of double digits..
So the reason for my long story is, today, after working out for a week and eating healthy for a week, I thought well my workout pants feel a bit looser than before, so let's check the weight and try the jeans. And just like before. I am up 2lbs and my normal jeans, that were just a bit too snug when all this started, barely made it past my thighs. I'm attributing it to the fact that I'd just worked out and my upper thighs were super tight, actually hard to press on, and that like before, It isn't instant and I shouldn't be disappointed in myself for sticking with it a full week and not cheating or making excuses. We will all be successful, even if it's only in tiny little increments. I want to be smaller than I am when we move. I want to have my brand new beginning looking better than I've allowed myself to look when living "comfortably" . These are my two goals for this next few weeks.
Sorry for the long winded post, I just had it on my mind all day after working out and having my tight jeans tighter lol, and thought well if I can inspire just one person to feel better about themselves even if nothing has changed, then it's worth it!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #117  
~Kim~

Hey Everyone! The thread over in 100 lb club is pretty dead so I thought I'd check you guys out. =)

I just read thru everyone's posts and there is a lot of good stuff going on!

I weigh daily, I used to never do that because I hated seeing fluctuations, but now I realize I need it to stay motivated and understand that it's not just about what I eat, but water, and salt, and carbs, and hormones. I decided to make my official weekly weighin day Fridays so for Week one my loss is offically 4.6lbs. I'm happy with that, especially since I haven't started exercising yet.

Some bigger accomplishments include switching my morning coffee (cause I gotta have creamer!) to tea, giving up soda completely, upping my water intake to at least 64oz a day and I haven't had chocolate in a week! That one is HUGE.

Also when I got off work this evening my mom called and asked if I'd like her to come over and bring my favorite pizza for dinner. I declined and it was only slightly hard. =) I told her to bring something for herself and I ate my planned dinner while her and my daughter enjoyed something more indulgent.

I'm going to have a slightly more relaxed weekend and starting Monday I'm going to tighten up some more eating habits and begin exercising.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #118  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaMoo View Post
(apparently fat women should be a floral pattern).
... BaHaHa....and Square!

LadyInWaiting (and anyone else): there are a couple of us who signed up for the 21 day challenge to tackle time-of-day eating/sleeping issues. Maybe that would help you, too? (There are more than a couple of us in there, and you can tackle any habit you'd like to change, or acquire...like drinking more water, changing diet, exercise, taking vitamins...)...oops, sorry, it looks like lots of folks chimed in with advice for you...sorry, don't mean to nag...

I'm swimming for exercise! I am so lucky to have a nice pool so close by, and it's open from 5am-9pm during the week. It makes more sense for me to get my swimming done in the morning (fewer showers), but, boy Howdy! it can be difficult to face the cold and wet some mornings. But once I'm done, I don't want to get out of the pool, so it makes me feel like a little kid again! It's great for aerobics and strength (water is >700X denser than air), and I can really see and feel the difference in my legs and arms. Plus it's great for the joints (I have rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disorder that can strike at any age, including infancy, which makes running difficult.)

, Dimples, on all the changes! I don't think I could give up my morning coffee right now. The 21 day challenge might help cement some of those habits for you, too!

I hope I can keep up with all the challenges I'm doing...my work schedule is killer the first half of the year.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #119  
~Kim~

SeeMyFeet - I decided I'll get to enjoy my coffee only on Saturday mornings for now. Boy was it good after a week without. What's awesome is when you give up something sweet for a while and you go back to it, it always tastes sweeter. That means I didn't need as much creamer this morning. Next week I'll measure out even less and if I can get it down to a reasonable amount over time, I might be able to go back to having my morning cup. =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 01-09-2016 at 10:49 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Riestrella, I am the same as you in that I don't count the little things I pop into my mouth. Those calories add up and do need to be counted!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote