Old 08-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardspots View Post
Halloween is my favorite holiday. I have an 8 month old chocolate lab. I can't wait to buy her a costume!
Oh that sounds so adorable, I'm tempted to say pics or it didn't happen!!!
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! How is every doing in the preliminary week? Have you tweaked your fitness/eating plan in preparation for this challenge or are you staying true to what you've done before?

I recently got a tattoo, so I can't do my intense workouts that I love so much. I'm going to have to be super diligent with what I eat, but eating has always been my biggest issue. It should be healed in a week or so, then I'll be back in the game for good!

-----------

leopardspots - Labs really are awesome. Our black lab is the first one we've owned, (even though I don't live there any more I still like to think she's partially mine!) she's so funny! Such a huge character. My Dad has always liked the dogs we've had, but he absolutely loves her - now he wants to always have a lab.

pigeon - hehe, glad you appreciate my attempt at humour! Good luck in the challenge, those goals where you are no longer overweight are such huge milestones. I've got 18 lbs to go before I hit the healthy weight but I'm determined to reach it someday!

Last edited by Riestrella; 08-29-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/195/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Hey guys! How is every doing in the preliminary week? Have you tweaked your fitness/eating plan in preparation for this challenge or are you staying true to what you've done before?

I recently got a tattoo, so I can't do my intense workouts that I love so much. I'm going to have to be super diligent with what I eat, but eating has always been my biggest issue. It should be healed in a week or so, then I'll be back in the game for good!
I've got my plan ready, I enjoyed foods I shouldn't have today and I'm going to find some sort of exercise to do the littlest damage possible. Something about the weekends and cheating.. bleh!

What kinda tattoo did you get?! I just got my first one in June!
mydarlingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:51 PM   #19  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Pigeon - Don't worry. There will be pics. I'm gonna break imgur!

Riestrella - Labs have huge personalities. Our Maya is the chillest lab I've ever owned and the least food-obsessed, but can be a bit of a diva. We love her to pieces of course. I'm hoping to have her certified as a therapy dog next year when she's a bit older.

As to my plan, I'm gonna stay the course. I lost 12.4lbs in Aug and am hoping to keep the momentum. 10lbs for Sept would make me ecstatic!

mydarlingqueen - I've heard tattoos are like m&ms, you can't stop at one. Are you planning more? What do you have? I don't have any. Too chicken. And my husband hates them!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardspots View Post

mydarlingqueen - I've heard tattoos are like m&ms, you can't stop at one. Are you planning more? What do you have? I don't have any. Too chicken. And my husband hates them!
I got the deathly hallows tattoo (from Harry Potter, if you don't know it's a triangle with a circle and a line down it) on my wrist! I have strict rules for tats! I have to draw it out and store it for a year and if I'm still wanting it, then I'll do it. I am thinking maybe one more. A golden snitch (also from HP, can you tell I'm a big fan?) on my lower leg.

I was totally chicken too but my husband called and set an appointment while we were on vacation and I broke down and went!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Leopardspots - Congrats on reaching onderland!! An amazing feeling

Riestrella - love new tattoos! They truly are addictive

I'd like a new one on my wrists - a kite on one and an anchor on the other - to reflect my bipolar highs and lows. There is a really popular mental health tattoo of a ; on your wrist but not sure I want to follow the trend.

I've got a half sleeve tattoo that I started while hypomanic.. cost me a small fortune and sometimes I regret it but mostly I embrace it.

Weigh in tonight at slimming world so will update - fingers x'd for a loss.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #22  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

How's everyone doing?! The challenge has begun!!

I had a terrible 4 days eating out, not all my choice, but I just go with the flow. Had Mexican on Friday and Sunday, went to Lyfe Kitchen Saturday and yesterday a curry place. As a result my weight has gone from being 166/167 lbs to 167/168 lbs. So I changed my starting weight to 167 lbs since that was my average for last week. BUT! I'm going to go running today and finally break my no-working-out-because-of-tattoo streak. I've done lots of reading but I think it's safe to exercise now!!

------------------

darlingqueen - Here's a pic!

It's from the TV show Lost, but not because I'm a die hard fan, but it's because I bonded with a friend over the show many years ago. He passed away last year so I wanted something to honour his memory. I also have a tribal dragon that I designed on my lower back. I agree with you on sitting on the design for a year. I tweaked my dragon design over the space of a year until I thought it was perfect. I was actually looking at the first design I did, it was awful! So glad I didn't rush it. I love Harry Potter too! Grew up reading the books . I really like the deathly hallows design.
I hear ya about the cheating weekends...it's the worse! But I want to live and have fun and not be strict all the time

leopard - A lab that isn't food obsessed?! Are you SURE she's a lab?? Haha! What's your current food/fitness plan?

PurpleJ - I really like anchor tattoos, I've seen some awesome ones of pinterest! What's your half sleeve of? Good luck on the weigh in!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-01-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #23  

Purple J: Fingers crossed for you!

Riestrella- that's not too bad of a gain. I cheated for 2 days and managed to gain 4 pounds last week!
Oh that's sweet! So sorry about your friend :/ yeah I get a little irritated at myself for the weekend cheats though because my weight loss final goal has a due date, we're going to Disney World next year and I really want to be 130 so I can fully enjoy it and fit on all the kiddie rides with my son! My boobs are way to large right now to fit on anything that goes over your chest (I've got I cups! lol)
Old 09-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #24  

That's a lovely tattoo - and must say you've a very trim waistline! hope it heals well and your other one too.

My half sleeve is inspired by my uncle who was an old Glasgwegian teddy boy in his day. It is sailor / '50's type tattoo art, with a mixture of pieces blended with leopard print. - sounds a right mixture, but there are swallows with cherries for my aunt and uncle who were like parents to me. An 8 ball as hubby and I love playing pool together. A big 50's microphone with playing cards by it with the initials of my daughters on them and a few other pieces that were to blend it all in.

I have a pentacle on my lower back but that was by my newphew and sadly bled out pretty badly on my car seat as I commuted a lot in those days for work and a general flower / band across the base of my neck. They're older so could do with some work but I can't see them and forget about them in honesty. lol

I love pinterest for tattoos or motivation for anything really! lol

Thanks for fingers x'd, not sure I'll lose much this week as lost a whopping 5.5lb last week after settling down from a brief stay in hospital and a few weeks with a locked jaw. Just a loss will be nice.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #25  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

So went on my run as promised!! It went really well, didn't feel any sort of pain or discomfort from my tattoo and saw nothing out of the ordinary when I looked at it afterwards. I think it's safe to say I'm good to go with exercise, woohoo! Ran for 25 minutes and got to 2.11 miles. I'm happy with that!

-------------

mydarlingqueen - I think it wasn't so much of a gain because I didn't eat much in the day leading up to the meals, but I had a pretty crazy 10 lb gain in a month early last year :/. That's a great motivator for your goal! From experience, I find the pressure of the timed goal can really affect my mood and make me slip up. A friendly piece of advice I would give to you is to definitely do your best to reach that goal, but don't push yourself too hard because you might snap and be worse off. I hear your plight on big boobs, I'm a 34 GG...I considered a breast reduction in 2011 but the GP said that to get it covered on the NHS I had to have a BMI below 25. Once I started to lose weight it came off my chest too, but if I reach my goal and I still feel uncomfortable I might consider it again.

PurpleJ - Thank you on both compliments!! Oh wow, sounds like such an awesome tattoo! Do you have a picture of it? It's hard to appreciate back tattoos as much, I have to really twist to see my dragon! Here's a link to my tattoo board on Pinterest if you're interested! https://www.pinterest.com/shanastarkpin/tattoos/
Wow, that's such a big drop, well done! How's your jaw now? I see you're living in SW Wales, I was in North Wales in April - in Conwy. It was so nice!
Old 09-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #26  

That is great you were over in Wales, it is lovely. We're lucky enough to have a sea view from our house and fields behind our garden (not mine unfortunately). lol

well weigh in tonight brought me down to 15 stone 7lb which is 217lb on their scale. I've been doing the 5lb down challenge on here by my home scale, but think I'll start using the Slimming world scales from now on in as it's what I'm ultimately going by.

I'll try and dig up some old tattoo pics of when it was first done, it's 3 years old now...
Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Doing ok here! I tried the 24-h-fast on Monday, didn't show on scale this morning but it might just take a while. What surprised me though is that I feel AWESOME! Like really energetic and in control. Can't wait to try it again, perhaps next monday!

Also was thrifting today, and darn I really can't tell my size anymore. Ended up leaving with a really nice little dress I thought would never fit me, but actually did. I just have to lose an teensy weensy bit to make it fit more comfortably (mainly from tits lol), happy to have a new mini goal piece as those seem to really work for me.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #28  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Purple - I was actually born there! My parents lived there but then moved when I was a baby because of my Dad's job. They would say "you're Welsh, you have a Welsh name and you were born there" but I always would identify with being English. So just before I moved to America they surprised me with a trip to see where I was born, it was a really special holiday! My parents spent the whole time reminiscing.
I always weigh myself with my home scales in the morning completely naked! It's the best way, so if you weigh in at Slimming world with clothes on and later in the day you're probably about 2+ lbs lighter in actuality.

pigeon - At my lightest I still thought I was about 2 sizes bigger than I was. It's crazy how that happens! I would always walk away with clothes too big for me because I felt like I wouldn't fit in smaller clothes. Have you heard of the 5:2 diet? A lot of people love that and it involves fasting.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #29  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Count me in! Sounds like spooky fun!

CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #30  

Riestrella- that sounds like a lovely holiday and special memories for you all - old and new. Glad they help you remember you're Welsh and should be proud, it's a lovely country and 3 of our daughters all speak Welsh as it's part of the education system and my husband and I have done an introduction course. It's lovely to see it strong.

yeah, it's tricky with my home scales as it always shows me heavier than the SW one, so it's obviously not accurate. I do weigh in the week at home but trying to stop myself now and then, I do it to see it going down. lol I didn't weigh much last week and found myself paranoid I wasn't losing! lol Double edged sword I guess.