Old 06-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #46  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sandye. I'm thrilled to see you back as well. Seems like you and I both did the 5 year spiral. No worries. We are back and we will see those pounds fade. Looks to me like you have been doing a fabulous job since you restarted and whatever you are doing is definitely working. I missed you. Glad to have you in the trenches with me again. Just makes me even more encouraged about getting this weight off again. (and keeping it off this time.) Sure glad you came back here so I could cheer you on. You are such a positive influence. How are the kiddos doing?

lovelyleah ~ Have you tried fiber-one bars or oatmeal anything? I'm not even sure what the daily amount is supposed to be for fiber. I wish I could be more analytical about weightloss as it might actually help.

future. Glad to have you join us.

Last edited by Delphi; 06-02-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #47  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Delphi Fiber One, Kashi and a lot of products that add fiber make me so bloated and gassy. People told me that my body would eventually adjust but it never did.

This blog post filled me with laughter tears as the author pretty much detailed my pain.
Fiber One Bars Make Me Fart
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #48  
There is no spoon!

Lovelyleah ~ Hahaha. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to do a little research myself. I feel like I may not be getting enough either. I take a glass of GoRubyGo every morning and that seems to have the same effect on me but it just has 1 gram of fiber in it. You had me looking at stuff in my pantry to see just how much fiber is actually in things. My oatmeal was just 4 grams. How much are we supposed to have a day?
Old 06-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

JenDestiny, so close! Here's to you getting out of the 300's and never looking back!
Delphi, oh no, not 20 lbs, lol, but probably 13 or 14! It's hard to tell switching over to my Dad's scale. Hopefully my good luck will continue and I'll lose the 6 lbs I want to lose this month! Good job on dropping a lb!
Lovemylife, Congrats on the fantastic loss so far!
Keli, I've no doubt you'll be seeing those 160's! Congrats on the great start!
verywell, good job on the loss!
Dangerouscurves, This is a great place for accountability and support! Good luck!
Boating, breakfast and lunch sound great! Don't get too carried away on that popcorn tonight!
Noname, yay on the good drop!
Leah, wow, I hope you get your vitamins worked out! We may need to have pics of your pup! German Shepherds are such wonderful dogs!
Future, Just starting out, your goal is quite possible! Good luck!
Gordongirl, it does take patience, but yes, it will eventually go down! Just stick to it!
Sandye, welcome back! And congrats on your awesome weight loss since January!

Yay! I lost my water weight from cheat day!

SW: (203)
GW: 6 lbs down
CW: (202.5)

6/1: (203)
6/2: (202.5)
6/3:
6/4:
6/5:
6/6:
6/7:
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #50  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Jacqui. My drops are just the nature of my diet. There will be no celebrating on my end until I get beyond my low weight which I've been stuck at for months :P

You had an INCREDIBLE month last month! Keep up the awesome work! Almost to Onederland

Delphi - I think it's close to 30 grams. I've heard that added fibers, rather than natural fibers, can give you those ill affects because our body wasn't made to digest them. Though my boyfriend eats Fiber One bars every day and hasn't had an issue. The body is much more likely to adjust to natural fibers.

I've been trying to add more dried fruit to my diet as per IanG's suggestion. Been on a fig kick, yum! But generally, fruits and veggies have lots of fiber, depending on the specific item. Fruits with skin have more. Popcorn is another good one!

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-02-2015 at 03:55 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #51  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Jacqui

Thanks for the awesome welcome and congrats on losing your water weight from your cheat day
I am currently doing weight watchers and save my weekly extra points for a cheat day, but I don't go over board. I'm really excited to be apart of this forum to talk to people that actually understand the day to day struggles of weight. Let's have a great month
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Thank you, gardenerjoy!

My goal for June is 3 pounds. I just moved so will be exploring my new neighborhood on foot. I also won't have my gas hooked up for at least another week so...lots of smoothies! I imagine I'll also be eating out quite a bit but I've made a habit the past year of making good choices even when eating out so I'm not too worried.

SW: 185
GW: 182
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:15 PM   #53  
There is no spoon!

scout83 ~ Moving is a pain. Good luck with the eating out. Looks like you know exactly how to get through it without a problem, so I'm sure you will be fine. I love exploring new places. Never know what you will see or who you will meet. Enjoy.

lovemylife ~ This is definitely a great place and we all understand the struggle. If you need support, encouragement or if you are like me, a swift kick in the butt, this is a good place to get it.

NNS ~ Figs? Well the closest I have gotten to a fig is a fig newton. Does that count? LOL! Popcorn is a good suggestion, I forgot about that but 30 grams? Holy fiber batman! Gonna research a bit after work. Thats insane, I had no idea.

Jacqui ~ What exactly do you deem a cheat day? Like a cheat meal or do you allow for more calories? Just curious.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Delphi, cheat day is all day, eating anything I want, as much as I want. Cheat day is an actual part of the Slow Carb Diet. Of course, the last time I did the Slow Carb Diet (and I do my own version of it), I went crazy eating junk food and sweets every cheat day. Amazingly I'd gain a couple of lbs and within two days, it's be gone again. Great, right?! That's how it's supposed to work! It was indeed great, but the longer I was on the diet, I found the harder it was to come back from cheat day when I ate so, so badly. (Now I think I understand the reason why--the effect of leptin.) This time, I'm trying to be more moderate on cheat day, hoping it might make a difference. I still eat what I want, but I try not to cram it all in on a single cheat day, lol! (But if I want to, I can!)

Scout83, wow! 52 lbs with only 10 lbs to go! Fantastic! You go!

Lovemylife, thanks! Weight watchers is a great program, so I have no doubt you'll continue to do well! This is a great group and we're glad you joined us!

Noname, being there for months has to be frustrating so I understand, but a loss of 55 lbs is spectacular! You are just doing so incredibly!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #55  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, everyone -- new and returning! Did I spell your username correctly? Did I state your goal the way you want it?

Jacqui_D: 6 lbs
LovelyLeah: 9 lbs
CakeGirl75: 18 lbs
Delphi: 10 lbs, check-in every day
srjph: 4.1 lbs
MrsT15: 10.1 lbs
boatingmommy: 5 lbs
Candidcamster: 6 lbs
SeeMyFeet: 3 lbs
Aclai4067: 12 lbs
berryblondeboys: 8.6 lbs
hepzibah: 14.2 lbs
Noggs: 10 lbs
Ambience: 5 kgs
nonameslob: 1.4 lbs
GordonGirl16: 10 lbs
verywell: 3 lbs
gardenerjoy: 1.35 kgs
CatRN78: 10 lbs
Turtle11: 3.4 lbs
JenDestiny: 10 lbs
lovemylife001: 8 lbs
kelijpa: 6.3 lbs
dangerouscurves76: 8 lbs
Future: 11 lbs
iDream: 5 lbs
scout83: 3 lbs
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:41 AM   #56  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Delphi I've read that women need around 25g a day. I find that quite difficult!

Jacqui Here's my puppy Maggie. She's only 10 weeks old. Her ears are getting ready to stand up, each day they seem to pop up a little higher.

I think tomorrows weigh-in will be a drop for because I am extremely under my calorie goal. I had a good breakfast and for lunch my boyfriend and I picked up Subway. We each got footlongs so that we can have half for lunch and the other half for dinner. But neither of us ever got around to eating the other half. I could eat it now but I'm about to go to bed so it's not really worth it. Tomorrow I'm supposed to have lunch with my best friend so I'll probably need a couple extra calories for that. It's all about balance.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:05 AM   #57  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,
Shooting for the 160's again

Goal 6.3

6/1-176.2
6/2-175.2
6/3-174.8

6/30-goal 169.9

Leah I take my vitamins between eating my oatmeal and yogurt, I don't gag, but often feel nauseous after taking a vitamin, have always been that way, taking it in the middle of eating seems to help me, rather than before or after, best of luck.

Jacqui you're such a positive force! I was getting carried away on the weekends, aiming for some moderation there as well.

Boatingmommy let's kick them to the curb for sure, it does seem like forever, there was a moment I thought if I don't reign this in I'm going to see 180, totally unacceptable for me, so I stopped the creeping upward, now have to keep pushing down!

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #58  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

SW - 169.9
6/1/ - 170.6
6/2 - 170.9
6/3 - 172.3 Stupid salty movie popcorn. Water weight has got to account for some of it...but not all.
GW - 164.9

I am vowing to stay within pts today, and to get some exercise at lunch.

LovelyLeah - so true that it's all about the balance. Love the puppy!!!

Jacqui - as you can see, I screwed up on the popcorn. We are heading back to the theaters to see Jurrasic World in a week...making a vow to not even touch the popcorn.

kelijpa - I have been watching that scale creep thinking "it's not so bad" until my reflux came back as a result. Been miserable and have no alternative now than to lose it.

lovemylife - I'm a Weight Watchers gal, too! I lost about 36 pounds on it a couple of years back...but went back to my wicked ways. I do like the program and am ready to see some results. Good luck to you!

idream - Good to see you on here. I know what it's like to have to really talk yourself into a mental state so that you are ready to work hard at losing. I really have to pump myself up. Sounds like you are on the right track, though, and this is an incredible group!

GordonGirl - I hate weighing everyday (especially when you know you did bad the day before). But, it does help my focus my mind every morning and let's me start the day thinking "this has to change". Hang in there...we are all watching the scale and hoping for a drop. You are in good company!

Okay, I'd love to address everyone personally...but work calls!!! Have a great day, everyone!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

SW: 182.0
GW: 172.0

6/1: 182.0
6/2: 182.0
6/3: 179.4 (-2.6!)

Most of that is probably water weight, but I haven't seen below 180 in a long time! I did a little happy dance lol

For breakfast today I am trying overnight oatmeal for the first time, with much success! It came out better than I thought it would, especially since I topped it off with lots of fresh blueberries

LovelyLeah that post was so funny! I have the same trouble with FiberOne or FiberPlus anything. So much gas! And to you and Delphi, I took a nutrition class last year at college (so I am in know way an expert, just trying to help!) that 25-30g of fiber is what is recommended for women, but every person is different. If you are "regular" and not bloated or gassy on less than that (or more) than it's not crucial to change your fiber intake that much. It may be good to increase it a little if you're way below that, but don't worry about it too too much. Just take it in smaller increases at a time so your body has time to adjust and hopefully you won't be as bloated and gassy.

Lovemylife and bloatingmommy I am doing Weight Watchers as well! But being a poor college student I am not signed up for the actual program, I have just found tools online and some free apps that allow me to keep track of PP values. It seems to work well for me...I lost 15 pounds in a couple of months last summer, but then I went back to college and stopped keeping track of things, which is what led me to gain about 20 pounds back. The oatmeal I made for breakfast today was only 5 points and super filling!
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5' 5.5

SW (May 31) 147.4
GW: 144

June 1: 147
June 2: 148
June 3: 146.6
Turtle11 is offline   Reply With Quote