Old 04-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 226.5/198/185

Height: 6'0

I'm at 197 today! That's 29.5 pounds I've lost! I couldn't be happier
nicolas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #47  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, we had our g-babes over the weekend & took them to the movies to see Home, it was very cute. We spoiled them w ice cream for dessert, my favorite Spumoni & I ate more than I should've I have no idea what my loss will b this week. I started over today & I will b making a genuine effort to daily, eat intelligently especially when I don't have any time daily to b active. I'd love to have a 8--10# loss in a month

Nic... on your --29 1/2# big loss

Popp... Great going being in the 170's again

Delphi... It's exciting getting married & a wonderful motivator to getting yourself healthier beginning a new chapter in your life. I've designed formal wear to sportswear & today's brides choices r endless w options.

Please take care & remember to keep water w u wherever u r to drink & to eat protein & @ least 5 grams of fiber in every meal & snack to prevent stress & binge eating from occurring.

The highest weight I've ever been is 166# when I was pregnant w my 2nd baby & @ 5'4". But staying in the 130#--140#'s after age 50 yrs. is hard w a slower metabolism. Being slim weighing in my 130#'s until I was in my 40 yrs. I took my size & health for granted in my younger yrs.

Nobody 'but me cares' that I'm wearing a size 12 right now; when all my daily normal clothing (size 10) r too tight for me to wear & remains hanging in my closet & folded in my dresser. The size 12 clothing I had to buy last winter is folded & stacked neatly on my dresser & hung on a couple of racks on on my bedroom door. I can't give the size 12 a permanent place to set, because it represents me being 'a failure to my body' because I failed when I became careless & I have less energy w this extra 10#. If I'm annoying u, pLease forgive me. Thanks for allowing me to publicly 'Admit my Guilty feelings'.

Everyone keep on going this week & pLease don't stop trying to b a healthier you. Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #48  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

minidooles ~ Thanks for the great advice. Every little bit is helpful. I know how it is to have those kind of weekends. I have 3 boys and it can definitely be hard. I have one in track and other in football and they eat like you would not believe. I have no clue where they put it. Birthdays, holidays and vacations are the weightloss hindering ninjas. You need all the willpower you can muster to get through them. And you are not annoying. I really do understand. I actually signed up here in 2009 and lost 100 pounds and over the past 5 years I put every bit of that back on. So, I am looking at a closet full of clothes I can not wear but I will not buy new clothes either. I'm determined to get back down to 165. Period. You are not failure. I'm not a failure. We are human. We will make mistakes. We fail. But we also win. We love. We have strength. We have determination. Our virtues, regardless of how small will always trump the negative. We just need to focus on those things. It is our failures and triumphs that collectively mold our character and ultimately make us better people.

nicolas89 ~ for the loss. You are doing an amazing job. Whats your secret?

As for me, I just hit my 5lb goal for the month. Very excited. I want to keep working hard and up the ante to 10 lbs next month. I'm ready and willing. I also have vacation coming up for the forth of July week here, so I would love to get back into my 220s clothes. In any case, you guys have a great day.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #49  
Vegan calorie counter.

S/C/G: 200/178.8/152

Height: 5ft7in

*jogging next to the wagon*

Hey!

Happy to heat you guys are doing so well!
I fell off the wagon on Sunday. Still was eating healthy but a lot.
I have been super sleepy and tired for the last 2 days, I probably overdid with the exercise. That's always my problem.
So I took it easy for couple of days and crawling back on the wagon now!
I haven't weighed myself probably gained those few pounds back again.
Oh well. It is all learning isn't it. I know how much my body can take and what works. I'll keep doing my runs and will do little bit if strength. I think that 30 day shred with everything else was too much. I'll do it a bit later when I'm fitter.

I joined Goodgym instead. People meet up once a week,run together somewhere do a bit of good and then run back. Something like painting a community centre or cleaning the park. It's about 5km all together.
Will combine this with a bit of biking and another run. Should be ok for a while.

Super well done Delphi for reaching your mini goal!!
We'll do another thread for May. 10 lbs one!

I hope I will at least have lost 4lbs by end of April, that would be good. Won't weigh myself before Thursday
Poppadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #50  
There is no spoon!

Sounds good! The biggest thing with these challenges is participation. I think the accountability is great and then support behind that is really a formula for success. That running group will be great for you Pop. I believe I will talk to my doctor about running again, though I probably will wait until I am in Onederland to do so. I miss it terribly. I competed in the half-marathon here for 2 years in a row and this year (just this past weekend) I didn't get to participate. I was signed up but I just didn't get my training in and just didn't get to where I needed to be.

Anywho, I gotta get to work. Stay on that wagon Pop. Sending good vibes your way.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 226.5/198/185

Height: 6'0

Hey Delphi ! My secret is really no secret at all- CARDIOOOOOO. I've been hitting the cardio really hard running about 30km per week. As far as diet goes, it is a little bit up and down. I struggle with binging and purging... however, I have been fairly consistent these days! I am going to las vegas at the end of this week... I am truly excited that I will feel confident in my summer cloths

Last edited by nicolas89; 04-28-2015 at 12:17 PM.
nicolas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #52  
There is no spoon!

That is AWESOME nicolas. Las Vegas sounds fun. Vacation?

As for me, the scale is just hanging this morning but almost at 241. I'm stoked for the next month. I'm gonna go bold and set a goal of 10 lbs.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #53  
Vegan calorie counter.

Hello!

I was brave this morning and jumped on the scales to see what the damage was....and it was only 180.2! So I haven't gained much at all. Phew!

Back on the wagon again, I'm doing a 5 day Photoshop course and need to cycle to uni every day 5km there and 5km back, so I am having this as my exercise this week.

Tomorrow is the final day of this challenge, hopefully I'll get closer to my goal.
I will set my challenge to 8lbs next month, to avoid disappointment
Old 04-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #54  
There is no spoon!

Ah, thats not too bad. You are doing well. I think that is a good goal to have. Photoshop course? College? I swear by photoshop.

Last edited by Delphi; 04-29-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #55  
Vegan calorie counter.

Yeah, I'm a mature graphic and media design student, doing like accredited adobe course to beef up my cv before I graduate.
Are you in design too?

In other news: THIS CHALLENGE IS OVER!

Super huge well done Delphi and Nicolas - you reached your first mini goal with no problems, you are a true inspiration to me.
Even when I slip, I still come back because of the support I get here.
Thanks you so so much!!

I am back to 179.8! This means I lost 3.6lbs. Which is better than nothing
I have learnt a lot and will try to do it better in May.

So...are we happy to continue with this thread or should I make a brand new one so it feels like a proper new start?

Hope you are all well x
Old 04-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #56  
Vegan calorie counter.

Whatever you fancy but I have made a new thread too

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html