W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

You're on Page 9 of 22
Go to
  • Morning everyone!

Spent yesterday hiking some trails and beach walking! Had a great time with the family. I'm not working out today. But I will run tomorrow.

Spending my day with the family again today!

W 80 oz
    E maybe a walk with DH after our movie
    E no whites at night
    D enjoy family time.
  • Didn't run yesterday, but got in a nice brisk walk for about 2 miles.

Dragged all my summer clothes out to see what fit. I was pleasantly surprised, most of my shorts fit great or were within a pound or two of great. That means I am on a mission this week to drop about 3 pounds before we leave for vacation. I can also use those same shorts to keep me on track while we are away. I really want to try and not gain while we are gone. I walk and run every day most of the day on vacay, it's the booze and the salt that get me. Last time, I came back up almost 10 pounds! Noooooo.

W 100
    E no running today because i am running after work tomorrow, elliptical? definitely crunches, legs (squats and lunges, ugh)
    E POP
    D enjoy the extra day off
  • Hey chicks!

I'm here. Alive. Vacation rocked! Since being home have been going gang busters on the new house. Just read the thread up to date. Lots going on girls. I have prayers, hugs and thoughts about all of you.

No personals tonight. Need to get to bed. My work Anxiety is trying to get me since I go back tomorrow. I have a council meeting tomorrow night, so may not be back here till Wednesday.

Be good to yourselves, just for today!
  • Good evening Chicks, such a relief to be ready to turn in paintings and paperwork tomorrow, Yeah! I hope to find some energy(I am a puddle today), maybe a week back to a good WEED plan.

Mavis, love your mission for the week. How exciting for you.

Kris, glad you had a super vacation, sounds like it was just what you needed

Hi to All.

W 50 oz
    E 20 mins in am
    E stop nibbling in between meals
    D re- establish a healthy routine
  • Barnyard Punks...."Brothers Blue" - Acrylic on canvas

P1040465 (2) (2).jpg

• Chicken Impossible...."The Boss"

p1040408 (2) (2).jpg

• MM~Hurray for your shorts fitting!

Kris~Hi, welcome back!

Diana~those look great.

DH and I made a decision to forego cooking class this month. We have been doing it for a year and we feel we need the time to get some stuff done around the house. It has been our one hour a week that we dedicate to ourselves though. It is going to be difficult to lose that.

W 64 oz
    E~try to get in a run.
    E no whites at night
    D work hard today.
  • Diana- Very nice!!! I love farm animals...hhm since I have so many.

Kris- Glad you enjoyed yourself. I was taking in your pics. Looks like fun...although I don't fish.

Jeni- Have cooking class at home. Pinterest some recipes and try them out together.

Worked in the yard for quite a while yesterday. Then spent hours grading papers while catching up on tv. Two weeks to go...then freedom. 182.6
  • Mindy~That is a good idea, but my kitchen sucks. Only one person at a time it is so small. Mak is going to do it, but Tommy isn't this time. BUT, the good thing for me was that there was no class last night .

runDisney announced a Star Wars themed race at Disneyland the weekend of my Birthday! I could totally get my hubby running for this. It is hard to get over the cost though. $195 for the 1/2, but $105 of the 10k. So if both hubby and I decide to do it, it will be the 10k. 6.2 miles for me is no problem, but my brain keeps me from pushing much farther. I need to get past that.

Anyway I know I should sign up for my local runs first. There is a half, here in my home town in a couple of weeks, but I am so not ready for it. I am really thinking of signing up for the 10k though. I belong to a local running support group, I am so in awe of some of the runners. I will never be the caliber they are, but they are so inspiring!

W 80 oz
    E run. I feel like I need to start back at a slow pace, short distance. It has been way to long since I have run. (feels like a year, but its probably been 2 weeks since a proper run)
    E no whites at night.
    D run. give myself a break.
  • Jeni- In the summer me and my work friends do Pinterest lunches. We all find a recipe and try it out on good friends. It is a ton of fun. Go for the hometown run. We are having one on June 6th...5k. I will be doing it. Recovering from bronchitis has been very difficult and it makes running tough.

I did 3 miles last night..no walking. It wasn't fast but I did it. My foot hurts today. Not too happy with the scale either. Oh well..it is what it is.
  • Mindy~ It is what it is. Control what we can, let the rest go. Right? I hope your foot feels better. I don't know why I am so nervous about the run. I think I will sign up for the 5k, but not the half.

I have to head to the doctor, to talk about my PMS symptoms. I am really nervous about it.

W 80 oz
    E afternoon run, 3.5 miles
    E no whites
    D breathe. trust the doctor. Control what I can.
  • I'm so frustrated! The doctor told me that I have done everything that I could to help ease my pms symptoms. The only other thing she could recommend is calcium supplements, but because of my age it could increase the risk of a heart attack. Great. So what next=> two options take a low dose birth control pill, or take a low dose anti-depressant. Both are good options. So I told her I would rather try the birth control pill, ok great. . . .BUT I have a history of migranes with Aura so that doubles my risk of a stroke..... That is off the table. PERIOD (no pun intended ) So on to the anti-depressant. I asked her about a drug interaction with the aspirin. GUESS WHAT. . .Increase risk of BLEEDING... GREAT. So she was going to put a call into my horrible Primary Care Provider to ask how long he wants me on Aspirin. I warned her about how he treats an ailment, but doesn't follow up. So At this point, I have answers, Diagnosis Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. (PMDD) but no good way to treat it. FRUSTRATION!!
  • Ok, I have a vitamin D deficiancey, so I will take supplements for that. No other ideas on what to do yet.

Tommy has strep throat, started antibiotics yesterday, broke out into a rash today, so back to the doctor. Called in sick two days in a row, a third is on the way tomorrow.
  • Mindy, your pininterest luches sound fun. You must be counting down the days of school left with excitement at this point. Nice you will have a break, do you have to take any classes this summer?

Jeni, your PMDD sounds like a huge challenge. I finally went to a naturapathic doctor last fall (for sleeping mood and SAD) and the preventative nutrition program she suggested has been most helpful. A multi, plus B complex, Vit d drops, fish oil and calcium magnesium citrate. The calcium magnesium citrate made the most difference, in both sleep and mood. Plus I have supportive herbs to take as needed. Daily if needed - Tranquility by Mountain Peak Nurtitionals. For challenging days - Kava Extract. Hope sharing this infor will help you in some way to find your way back to better health.

Hi to All. Trying to eat and drink healthy, mostly getting in 10,000 steps a day, but boy have I been tired lately. One week to ds graduation/reception. I found a great dress, wrap and shoes for my art reception and am looking forward to the event this coming Thursday night.
  • Diana~Thanks for the info. I take all the same supplements except for calcium. The doctor did mention that, but wasn't sure if should add that in because of the increased risk of heart attack. I'm not sure why the increased risk though. It seems like all of the options that I have increase my risk for something.

Heading back to work today. Tommy's ears are really bothering him, I'm worried because that is one of the "rare side effects" of the new antibiotic. I will be talking to his doctor, again, today.

Hoping on getting in a couple of miles after work today. I really need to run.

Had salad from my garden last night with dinner. YUMMMY!

W 64 oz
    E 2 miles
    E no white at night
    D control what I can