W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

You're on Page 20 of 22
Go to
  • Called into work. Again. . No run.
  • Made it to the gym. Worked on speed for three miles. Tonight I think I can run to meet hubby after work. A cool 4.3 miles or so. No weight change...still 177. Darn!! Gotta go finish this baby afghan. I mean the shower is only Saturday.
  • Evening girls. Can't seem to stay away from the various forms of mexican food. I have spent the last 3 days at work trapped in incessant meeting while dealing with being all bloated and farty. I'm a wreck.

We're having fajitas tonigt. God save the queen.

213.4 this morning. No surprise. NS is tasty and tantalizing in the morning when I pack it. By noon I find myself in line at El Pollo Loco. Must control the carb monster.

Mavie - Ditto on Mtiggies comment - no fat arse there.

Mtiggie - hows the knee bone? Sounds like it is still performing under duress (hello 4+ miles.) The afgan?

Jen - I have to be at work at 6:00 am tomorrow. I realize I get little sympathy here since you work like January to September straight, but I thought I'd try. I'd rather come clean your house than get up at 4:00am.

Diana, Carma, MaryBB, Vitz... where you be at?
  • Yes my knee is complaining....doesn't hurt when I run though. Walking is harder. Kris- I am crocheting a baby afghan for the new grandson on the way. Hubbies daughter is having a baby in Oct. Shower is Sat. I am almost done.

Ran to Hubbies work. I know map my run did not work properly. It is further than 4.25 and I know that. oh well. Good news is I only walked once. Gonna do it again today.
  • Well good Friday morning. Got a call early yesterday about another house showing. I had to get up and clean then leave with doggies. Got home in time to run meet hubby at work. Tracker was more accurate this time. 4.37 miles...1 hour. Pretty good. 176 today. I am hoping for 175 something tomorrow for weigh-in.
  • Started the day with water, will be more mindful of eating good foods. Still seems like a crazy schedule, day to day. Must start an exercise program soon. Going to the beach next week, yeah, it's been a while. So will be gone the 1st half of the week. Hope to get some nice walks on the beach. We've had a break in our hot weather, I feel human again! Hugs to All.

Mindy, So nice to be crocheting for a new grandbaby, hope to see a photo of the finished piece.

Kris, can relate on not staying away from foods, gotta confess to ice cream and too much processed meat(bacon and sausage). Gotta get clean soon.

Jeni, hope you get a run in soon.

Mavis, what are you reading?
  • Good morning!

Diana - I am headed to Mission Bay in San Diego today. A quick trip with family. Staying at hotel on the bay. Just tonight and tomorrow night. Taking the kids with the exception of my son. He has work. I'm with you on the need to exercise, and hope to join you feeling human again soon!

Mindy - glad the legs are cooperating. Hope you have and offer soon! We still have our old place on the market. Just dropped the price to get it to move. I can't wait to free myself of the payment. Hope you enjoy your babyshower Saturday. What a blessing!

Mavie - miss ya.

Jen, Vitz and Mary - hope you are all doing well.

I'm 60% through the second book in the series of 3. I cannot believe how much reading I have squeezed in. The house cleanliness is showing signs of my neglect, but I dont care. I'm working hard and relaxing harder!

Have a great weekend girls. Hope the sun is shining where you are!
  • Diana, I am reading "Out to lunch" by Stacey Ballis. Entertaining read. Plan is to find time to finish it this week! Where are you going to the beach? I love love love the ocean. It's my happy place.

Kris, Enjoy the bay and the family! We can kick the carb habit together!

Kris & Mindy, hope those houses sell soon!

Jeni, hope things slow down soon!! When do the kiddos go back to school?

W 100
    E Just went for a very hilly walk, no running today
    E OP, moving back to low carb, checking Pintrest for ideas for running fuel but still low carb
    D Hang in there!
  • Hey all, how is everybody doing?

I ran 6 miles more or less yesterday, App quit again, mine said 5.8 my partners said 6.34, so close enough anyway!

I have this week off from the insurance co, thank God!

Tonight, Daisy starts obedience school! It will be fun for both of us. Tomorrow, I have to take FIL to the Dr, Wednesday, I think YS and I are going to NYC for the day, Thursday, I thinks Hubs and I are going to the State Fair and see Brad Paisley (that one is up in the air right now) Friday will be fair day if we do and then Saturday we have to be home, YS has plans for the weekend. Sunday is long run again and then Monday back to work. Should be a great week off!

W 100
    E today is a rest day
    E OP, logging everything
    D I am responsible for every choice I make.
  • Hola chicas!

Mavie - 6 miles huh? You are simply a ROCK STAR! Hope you get to take in Brad Paisley this weekend! Maybe he will want your autograph! I need to get Rawly back to training. Started intermediate a couple months ago. 6 week course. Got to the 1st two and then my work killed my ability to get to the rest. Meeting ****. Hope you and Daisy have a blast learning about each other. So much fun!

All you other girls.... come on now. Check in or we will be forced to cyber hunt you down!

I had a great weekend in San Diego. Did not do a good job of REAPPLYING sunscreen on anyone so we all bare the scars and discomfort of scorched skin. You'd think at 43 YO this pasty white girl would know better!

WEED this week
    W - trying - Monday good. Tuesday - epic fail
    E - Trying YIN YOGA poses. They are tough as I can rarely hold still long enough to push through the uncomfortable moments, but trying
    E - NS on plan 2 days. Dipped into too much peanut butter a couple times. No harm, no foul.
    D - Borrowing Mavies wisdom this week! I, too, am responsible for my own choices.

Back later girls. Be good to yourselves!
  • Good morning!

Kris, Glad San Diego was fun, boo for sunburns! Do not know what YIN is, I have to look it p!

Where are the rest of you hiding?

Dragging today, big time. YS and I went to NYC yesterday, fun time, but so freaking tired today!

Have to get myself in gear anyway and go see my Dad. He is failing quickly now. Unfortunately, if he is not in pain, he is out of it and if he is OK to talk, he is in agony. To say it sucks is putting it mildly. Pray for us all but especially for Dad.

W 100
    E gonna be a rest and maybe light weights day, my legs are whipped
    E POP (unless we get to Brad Paisley, then you can add a beer or two and one fair food choice on there)
    D Kris, repeating it.
    Our mantra, I am responsible for every choice I make.
  • Back from Longbeach, WA vacation. yesterday I did laundry, cleaned the car inside and out, and canned some Albacore Tuna. Today I'm getting caught up on correspondence and picking garden produce. I'm wondering if I can refrigerate my tomatillos till Sunday, just can't handle making green salsa today. Garlic to peel tonight, apples to can and making apple sauce on Sunday, guess I am talking with my mouthful. Had seafood and too much fudge at the coast, so will give myself a few days before weighing in.

W 50
    E Try to get 10,000 steps in by bed time.
    E NO P.M. snacking and random snacking
    D Today is a great day for new beginnings!

Mavis, Love your runs and hearing of you making time for yourself. Praying for family and your Dad.

Kris, Yin Yoga - Wondering if I can schedule some yoga time soon? Can relate on the weird sunburn patterns, am wearing more clothes and hats lately.

Hi to All.
  • W 100
    E weights
    E POP
    D Choices need to be better

Back to write a bit more. We did make it to the NY State Fair and Brad Paisley. Awesome show that I highly recommend if you like him and get the chance. Also made it to NYC with my son for a day. Has been awesome vacay week, wish I did not have to go back Monday...but I do! If only to afford the next vacay! LOL!
  • Morning Sisters!

Diana - Glad you enjoyed your trip! Nothing like a little get away to rejuvenate the soul! I wish I was more concerned with food prep. I think I would really like growing and canning stuff. My sister and niece (both in mid 30") seem to have gotten the pioneer/50's women gene. They love all things hipster and labored over. Gardening, canning, quilting, baking. I'm pretty impatient with food. I would rather eat what you made and wash the dishes.

Mavie - Whats up with the D? You off track? Just a bump in the road lady! YIN Yoga is more of a floor based, chair based (not so much core strength required) and you relax into the poses to let the connective tissue release. Its harder than it sounds. Particularly for those of us who have busy minds all the time.

Mindy, Jen, Mary, Carma and Vitz.... come back!

I have a hair appointment in a couple hours. Yesterday we did the quarterly Costco meat stock up. Today is laundry, some cleaning and maybe arrange 1 more room. Still in shambles after 3 months in the new house.

My son moved back to Orange County on Tuesday. No kids this weekend or next so DH and I have the house to ourselves. (Mavie - hubby jacked up my Friday by deciding to stay home. BAH!

Have a great weekend girls. Hope more of you get here to let us know how you're doing!

• I swear I am alive my dear friends!! I am in desperate need of a run and time to myself!

Where I have been hiding? Within the confines of my house! I have completely re-organized my living room, dining room, kitchen, and bathroom!! My kitchen and bathroom both need scrub downs to be completely done. Then on to my kids rooms, they both need to be cleaned, painted, and organized. e n

DH and I built a "Catio" this week. Our cats have been indoor/outdoor cats since we have lived here. (11.5 years) But all of the sudden my neighbor complained to the city that there were too many cats on our block. So he trapped one, and almost trapped a second one (the second cat ended up with injuries,) so we are giving them a safe outdoor living area. It isn't the same, but it is the best we can do to protect our cats. Now if my neighbor (the complainer) would stop letting his dogs poop in my driveway that would be great!

I did have the most amazing trip down the Oregon coast! DH made up for the horrible Anniversary from last year. This last year has been the worst our marriage has ever been through. This year is off to an amazing start!!

I am trying for a leadership role at work. Interviews may be next week. I know I would do well at it. If I know my boss, he already has his two favorites picked out, he all but told me I would get the "back up" for the role. I don't want the stress that comes with the job, but I would love the experience for my resume.

Starting Friday I will have 18 days off from work I plan on using the time to do my kids' rooms, but I am going to take some me time. I am going to get back to my WEED!

Back soon for personals and catching up!