3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/294920-w-o-w-women-weed-summer-bodies-challenge.html)

soon2beskinnyCarma 04-21-2014 08:59 PM

Okay quick update on me. I went off the wagon at PMS time. Finally lost all the weight back just in time to go off the wagon for Easter. My trainers were disappointed. I had some family stressors too but ultimately I know that the root of the problem is sabotage fat Carma. Every time I get close to 200 I find a way to mess it up. So frustrating.

Family stressors: sister has 75% chance of kidney cancer the biopsy is supposed to happen this week. My brother had a heart scare. My fit brother who does bike races and runs. Children are at each other's throats and my daughter has decided to start growling at my husband which is going over like a fart in church. Ugh.

Training. I am on week 11 day 1 of 10 k training. I need to find a race to do to not lose steam. Still uber slow. I lost an inch in the thigh. Somehow gained 1.5 inches in my hips. Since my pants are looser I think that was a measurement error. I lost 1/2 inch in the waist and upper arm. Gained an inch in the bust but that was a different bra on. Gained a 1/4 inch in the neck.

So I went into last week working hard. Blew it on Easter and today diet wise. My goal for this challenge is 195. I was 201.8 this am.

Weed
W:100 oz
E: 60 minutes a day minimum.
E: stick to the plan next 3 weeks.
D: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

~ Carl Bard

That is my mantra the next few weeks. Oh and going to do daily check ins. Hugs to all. Carma

mothermavis 04-22-2014 06:33 AM

Carma, :hug: thank you. It's been a rough few weeks.

Mindy, I have been stuck so long I am starting to think Ill just stay here.

Jeni, hope Easter went well, I made it to the Y yesterday and did 40 on the elliptical (still could not run with my glasses, 2 uncoordinated with the bifocal) got my lenses in this AM so running and lifting tonight!

Kris, I miss you.

Working, hope all is well!

OK, not much time. New delicious smoothie.
Spinach, frozen banana (or ice an a banana) tablespoon of natural PB, cup of skinny almond milk (the 30-40 calories ones) awesome and about 200 calories for a huge portion. Making it again today!

W 100
E running tonight, 50 squats thru the day shoulders tonight and crunches before my shower
E POP, no freaking candy dish!!!!!!!!!!!
D I feel better when I eat clean, so do it

****PS Getting a personalized plate for my motorcycle. 6 letters. Ideas?

mtiger 04-22-2014 07:33 AM

GGRR!! That's all I've got this morning. Got in a 3.5 mile run before the rain. Weight??? Let's not go there...

jcatron243 04-22-2014 11:47 AM

MM~ I'm glad you got your lenses back. I hope you get in an excellent workout today!

Carma~ :hug: I hope your sister is okay. How scary that must be. Family stressors are the worst.

Mindy~ What a frustrating day for you. I wish I could say something that would help. I do understand the frustration. Just keep up the good workouts and keep eating right.

It seems that we are all facing some serious frustrations lately. I am frustrated by my lack of energy and the lack of enthusiasm I have for my workouts. Family struggles or personal struggles, I know when I am facing all of it I find myself thinking "who cares if I eat the______. I just don't care if I skip my workout today". . . .But it is our inner selves that end up paying for it. I'm not even thinking about the scale. It is that part of me that wants to be there for my self worth. I've struggled with this for the past 9 months, and I always feel so much more positive about myself when I workout. It is such a nasty circle, isn't it. When we let the frustration get the best of us, so we eat something, or skip a workout. That action leads us to guilt, or more frustration, then back to the scale with the hopes it wasn't to bad of a mistake, then the circle continues. I wish I had the answer to it all.

So today is my official Weigh in day:
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8
April 22~~146. :(

Oh poo. I expected a gain after a couple of weeks of lackluster workouts and not eating very well. So I am going to hop back on the bandwagon of no whites at night. I got in a very slow but with random inclines (on the treadmill) run at the Y last night. 2.5 miles. DH is losing his enthusiasm for working out since he isn't really losing. I forced him to the Y last night, but it was SO busy we only got in 35 minutes, before we decided to call it a night. I am going to head out for a run here in a little bit, but I am also hoping to convince DH that we really need to workout tonight (although the steam room will be much nicer.)

We have a local 5k on Saturday. I am considering racing in it, but we are planning an outing for that day (shoe shopping for the kids). Maybe I can convince the family for a late start?

AND the big question for myself...Do I take the Y training class for the 1/2 marathon??? I've been looking into what the class entails. Trail running, interval running, and strength and stretching exercises. I think the Saturday runs will be longer run days and I will have to run after work ever other Saturday, but I think it will be worth it in the end. If for no other reason than keeping me going. I just don't know if I am up for the cost.

W 80 oz! DRINK WATER!!!!
E run. I'm going to get out there and start off with a 4 mile plan, but if I feel like it I will continue on to make it longer.
E Keep it clean.
D Listen to my body. NOT MY MIND! a friend who ran the Boston Marathon yesterday (and a huge inspiration to me) lost her number bib. (we were all surprised they let her keep running!) She lost it at about the 10k mark. She trained so hard to get her official time down but without the bib, she knew there would be no official time. She said that she nearly quit because she was so upset. She said the real struggle for the rest of the race was a mental one. I'm using her as my reminder to ignore my inner demons.

workinglikeadog 04-22-2014 12:08 PM

Difficult week, guess I am not alone. Starting to get mad at myself, combo of tired, lazy, bad habits = NOT Good! O.K. This is were I am, I can change one thing, just one thing and make a difference. Today I will get back to a cleaner diet. Will report back tomorrow.

Hugs and strength to all my fellow chicks. :hug:

jcatron243 04-22-2014 01:19 PM

Hi Diana! You are definitely not alone on the tough week!

I got in my 4 miles (outside). Average pace was 10:46.

jcatron243 04-23-2014 05:28 AM

Good Morning everyone. Another work day!

I got in a second 35 minute workout at the gym last night. It was low impact, but still a workout with DH. Then we hit the steam room. It was very nice.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E no white at night
D I can control my happiness

mothermavis 04-23-2014 06:02 AM

Off to the Y

w 100
e running this am, not feeling like spinning
e pop bake sale at work today, stay away
d choose for the body you want, ot the body you have

workinglikeadog 04-23-2014 12:13 PM

Off to take my dog on a walk (& me too!). I will eat clean foods today and will drink water. Today I will turn my slump around - I come first!

soon2beskinnyCarma 04-23-2014 09:38 PM

Okay, I posted something yesterday and the computer ate it as it isn't here now. Grr.
200.0 on the scale this am. :woohoo:
NSV for me today, actually able to get my feet flat in downward dog. Total fail on tree but felt awesome in downward dog tonight.

Diana: You've got this. You can turn the slump around. Focus on the skinny girl trying to get out. Don't let the fat chick win. :hug:

Mavis: Did you manage to avoid the bake sale?

Jeni: Nice job on the run. I can't wait until I am under 11 minute mile pace. I just keep telling myself if I can run further the speed will come.

Mindy: Hope your scale treated you well this morning. :hug:

Kris: Hope your hectic life isn't turning to bad choices. Hang in there. :hug:

WEED for tomorrow.
W: 100oz
E: Going to try to run in the am. Then going to be sneaky and do my weight training at work if I don't have time in the am. We will see.
E: Going for day 3 keeping it under 1300. I can do this and stick to the plan.
D: There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.

Nixmom 04-24-2014 12:26 AM

Sisters! I'm alive. Work tough this week night time meetings. Budget cuts AGAIN and I have literally, and I mean literally, been in meetings for 3 days straight back to back from 8am to 5pm. I'm pooped, but here.

To top it off, hubbies youngest had been struggling (is failing) 4th grade and his mom is a major part of the problem.

Lots to deal with. If I survive my scheduled 3hour budget reduction meeting with the City Manager tomorrow, I will be back here with a glass of wine to catch up.

I'm not dead yet. ;)

jcatron243 04-24-2014 05:41 AM

Carma~ Congrats on the 200 mark!! Its my philosophy to work on distance rather than speed. I don't race, so faster isn't necessary.

Diana~I hope you enjoyed your walk with the dog.

MM~ did you end up in spin class??

I ended up not running yesterday. I find that I need a day off of running after running outside. I really wasn't up for going to the Y either.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E no whites at night
D focus on the positive voices

Kris~I hope you find me time. I know how difficult it can be.

mothermavis 04-24-2014 05:49 AM

Carma, Love your D, Really, really love. How is your sister holding up? Scary stuff.
Different note....:carrot: for downward dog. I mostly avoided the bake sale but did have a couple small things. Better than I have been lately, but still lots of room for improvement!

Kris, Miss you, glad you were able to check in. Hope you can help the youngest and still get thru the budget wars.

Jeni, 5k on Saturday? Sounds fun! We all need a kick in the pants to get us back on the path. I was reading what you wrote on your weigh in (which was still fab by the way) You are right, 100%, fall off plan, gain, skip the gym, eat badly, check the scale, pout (and eat) and on and on.

Carma's D
Quote:

D: There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.
Diana, was yesterday a better day? Slump broken?

W 100
E On my way to spin as soon as I finish this post!
E OP
D Borrowed from Carma
Quote:

mtiger 04-24-2014 07:33 AM

Golly..I miss posting one day and you guys are burning up the board. Not sure I can comment to all.

Jeni- Your times are an inspiration. I was "fast" last night. Idid 3.5 at 12:11 pace. That's good for me.

Kris- Hang tight. Sorry about the kiddo. 4th grade is tough..trust me I know. I deal with it everyday. Division is whooping my kids butts right now.

So I have gotten in some good runs this week but the bad thing is I have a foot issue. It feels fine while running but when I stop it hurts like crazy. It is on the side, top part of my foot. When I take my shoe off it settles down and doesn't hurt. Frustrating. Scale...boo. 184.4

workinglikeadog 04-25-2014 12:18 PM

Morning Ladies, I am happy to say I am back OP. I have a challenging weekend starting tonight with dinner at friends. I have chosen to bring my own food as all foods will be whites, can't go there. Tomorrow I'm going to a district meeting all day and must choose wisely from potluck foods. I'm bringing a dessert I can eat ( whipped creme-no sugar and fresh berries). Gonna go for a walk after this thread. Guess I will try to get some pm exercise in tonight as there will be no time for it tomorrow. I will bring my own water bottle Sat so I can measure my water intake - wish me luck.

Thank YOU Carma, Jeni and Mavis for your encouragement.

Kris, oh so many meetings, hope you can find some pm time for yourself.

Jeni, JUST SAY No(Nike it!) to any inner voice that is not all loving - stay strong.

Carma, love your yoga antics, Maybe that is what I should try this pm, balance is good and does take practice.

Mavis, good to see you - keep spinning. ps, love your quote on pick your hard: fat, diet, maintaining - this is Real!

Mindy, hope your foot issues can be resolved soon.