W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

You're on Page 13 of 22
Go to
  • Catch up...
    Just caught up on the last three weeks of posts.

Mindy - I hope TOM has hit the road. Glad you are seeing some scale relief. My son works at GNC. He bought me the energy packs and I did good taking them for a while. Can't find them since the move, but they are a fist full of pills to choke down. I take 1/2 in am and half just before dinner. Wishing you good results, and I'm gonna go hunt the box down myself. Here's to summer and tons of productive energy!

Jennifer - your coworker is an idiot, who probably needs to be drug tested.... What a boob. Carma is right, take as they tell you. Jumping on and off can ruin your mood worse. I was jumping around taking Xanax to sleep intermittently (nighttime anxiety) and not being consistent. Someone commented about not jumping on and off, I decided to take 1/2 my prescription dose daily and things got better. I'm off it now, but only because I settled down by using it right. You'll be alright! Your coworker will always be a boob.

Mavie - missed you too!!!! Glad vacation was a blast.loving the pics on FB of you boys lately.the weight is temporary. The memories you made are forever; red eye or no red eye.

Diana - just browsed the art website. Your work is awesome. Again, I want to tell you how jealous I am of your creativity. What exactly is Multimedia in this art form? Is it paint, fabric, stamping, and blingy stuff all combined? I so need to get back to being creative. I love art... All kinds. You are a very talented woman!

Carma - 217 here too. Let's get back on track chickie. Work will be better if I survive my council meeting Tuesday night. Budget cuts , layoffs, a protest. Hearing for an ordinance change, and a promotion for one of my staff are all on the agenda. Oye.

As for me. New house is BEAUTIFUL! My hardworking husband is amazing and made this my dream home. After I unpack fully, I'll share pictures. We are in debt up to our eyeballs, but gearing up to start Dave Ramsey's financial peace university on July 1st. Looking forward to the scale and the numbers both coming down.

Have been half arse about NS because we don't have a working microwave at the moment. I do it at work, and try to be good at home. Hopefully next week sears will be out to fix it.

Girls, I am saying a prayer for all of us tonight for us to love who we are, where we are regardless of the scale. You are all such amazing women right now. Today. I hope you all realize that. I know I'm blessed to know you! Have a great night and be good to yourselves.

Kris
  • Jeni, I agree with Kris, Co-worker is an idiot. I am so glad I finally gave in and went to an anti-depressant.

Kris, Welcome back & thank you! I am loving your pics too! I don't know what the inside of that house looks like, but the outside is awesome!! Hope Tuesday goes well!

Carma, we could have vacationed together, saw you will be at Cape Henlopen, we love Rehoboth, right up the road. We did Virginia Beach this year though,

Diana, Is DS going away for college or will he be home?

Ladies, thanks for the good vibes. Dad is resting today, we were there yesterday and he goes for more radiation tomorrow. Have to see if they can shrink the tumors on his brain. Today is his birthday. Hope he celebrates another!

Mindy, hope the weigh in was awesome!

W 100
    E Did very little today, did ride my bike a bit. Not making an effort today, Monday is double workout day. Sculpting in the am and meet the trainer in the PM, have to take it easy today.
    E Pretty good day food wise. Only thing I ate alot of was grapes
    D “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.” Marilyn Monroe
  • Checking in tonight because we leave in the morning for a little R&R. We are heading up the east coast of Michigan tracking down lighthouses. We sis the west coast last summer and it was really fun. Eating and working out will be a little tricky but I will do my best. Walking out to all the lighthouses well certainly help.

My weigh-in was good. down 2.2 pounds. Hope to keep that going in the right direction. I am 181.6 on my scale....really want back into the 170's. We celebrated my DD birthday today. Don't tell anyone but she turned 29. Does that make me old??

Kris- Glad you are back. Your life has been so exciting lately. You are one lucky lady. And those pills...gheesh. There are a lot and they are big.

MM- Hang in there with dad.

Jeni- I was on Zoloft quite a few years ago. Just take as prescribed and it should help. Follow doctors orders. Some people are just idiots.

Well I must go throw some clothes together and get ready to head out. I will see ya ll in about a week. Take care.
  • Good Evening Ladies, starting on basics and will build from there. Love reading about everyone's progress and life in general. Doing paperwork tonight for ds upcoming college registration event.

Kris, So good to see you on the thread. Your life has been crazy for sure!

W 50 oz - struggled with this today(was great yesterday), will start the morning drinking water. This is my way to success.
    E 20 minute of aerobics
    E take vitamins
    D get control water, exercise and vitamins = Basics
  • Wow, I was a whole page behind.

Kris, Thank YOU, I love painting, and I work with acrylic paint. I love to play so I have made my own stamps and stamp acylic into my work. I primarily add small pieces of collage to get patterns started. I will take two paintings and weave them together somehow(as in some of the chicken paintings). I do some pen work - mostly paisley. Bling is added with 3 dm paint (which is acrylic) and gems mostly. The Barnyard series used studs and jump rings from jewelry materials. Each chicken painting had a computer part in the painting somewhere. To answer your question multimedia is the same as mixed media. I'm thinking of changing back to Acrylic as this is the main ingredient and the other words seem to cause more confusion than being descriptive. I've been in my art room once since handing in my artwork, so frustrating. Kris, one of my small creative tricks is to set up a card table in the family room and as my family watches tv, I do something at the card table.

Mavis, DS is going away to college this fall. He will be about 6 hours away. I keep having mixed feelings about this huge change, but mostly positive.
  • Diana, I understand that completely. It's a big step!

W 100
    E double day sculpt in 30 minutes! PT at 5:15
    E POP
    D Mondays suck
  • Good Monday Morning ladies!!

Kris, It is good to see you again! I can't wait to see pics of your new house!

Mindy~I am so jealous of your trip!! It sounds wonderful! I'm glad the scale is being kind!

Carma~I hope you enjoy your vacation! Great job on getting in your workout!

Diana~I hope your son and dog are both feeling better! I'm lucky that my BFF is a financial aid director at our local community college, she was such a huge help to my sister when she was dealing with all of her admissions and financial aid stuff last year!

Thanks everyone for your support on starting Zoloft. I know my co-worker is an idiot, I got into it with her because she was comparing it to oxycodone. I really hope it helps my symptoms of PMDD, but I won't know for a while since I am only in the first week of my cycle.

We went to the zoo yesterday so I got in 3 hours of walking, which was really fun. I got a new kitten on Saturday, so I am afraid of getting on my treadmill. I guess I will have to go to the gym for my workout today.

W 80 oz!
    E 60 minutes
    E 1700 cals, no white at night
    D get some housework done, get the kids signed up for the summer reading program at the library, get to the gym

Oh yeah, I forgot to W/I yesterday so I did it today.:

July 22~180
    August 22~172.8
    September 22~160.8
    October22~150.2
    November 22~149.8
    December 23~151.6
    January 22 ~~~145.2
    February 22~~142.6
    March 22~~142.8
    April 22~~146.
    May 23~~143.2
    June 23~~147.4
    Not to thrilled with this number, but it seems to be my maintenance weight. I know that my workouts have been very sporadic lately so that is showing on the scale. I am not getting down on myself though, considering I am still below my goal weight.
  • Jeni, sounds like all is going well and you are maintaining perfectly, you are too hard on yourself! PS Kitten is too cute!!

W 100
    E on to spinning this am
    E Meeting my girlfriends for mexican tonight, be reasonable
    D life is good
  • Happy Tuesday Morning!!! Did something this morning I haven't done since before Disneyland!!! I did abs and arms before work! So Happy with myself!!

MM~ Daisy (my baby kitty) helped me workout today. Kept on pulling out my earbuds!

W 64 oz
    E 35 minutes on the treadmill/ abs and arms
    E1700 cals
    D don't let them get me down at work. do the best I can!
  • Good Morning! I got in a nice elliptical workout at the gym last night! It was really nice working out with DH again. Its been way too long.

My sister, kids, and I are doing an easy push up challenge. it starts with 3 and ends with 17. For my sis and I this 30 days we are doing half-pushups (aka girl push ups), Tommy is doing regular pushups and Mak is just trying to do 1 girl push up. the next 30 is doing regular push ups.

Today:

W 80 oz
    E 60 minutes. get in a good run. abs and weights
    E 1700 cals
    D spending quality time with my beautiful children.
  • Hi Ladies. Tomorrow I leave w ds for 3 day trip to college to registrar for classes, etc. Sorta excited and a bit stressed. Paperwork is in order, still gotta pack and get snacks in cooler. DS tonsils are not getting better and third trip to doctor we finally took blood and culture tests. Hoping to find out something by the time we get home. DS is doing pretty well other than having very ugly looking tonsils, so confusing!

Have a good week end and I will try to drink water, will exercise at the motel and not too worried about food. I will try to keep calm and not get upset at things I cannot control!!! Take care
  • Hi girls. Still here. Working late to get employee evaluations caught up. Bad boss here.

Down to 214 this morning. Haven't been POP on nutrisystem but doing 90% is working.

On vacation starting Friday so will catch up then. Have safe trips, good days and positive attitudes ladies! I'm counting on ya!
  • Happy Friday!

I used yesterday as an off day. So no working out. I did eat okay though.

W 64 oz
    E none today, getting my kids from my moms after work
    E 1700 cals
    D make it through work.
  • Morning all. I have pretty much lost the last month so it's time to get back on track. Was 150-151 when I left on vacay and back to 157 now, so....apparently I still can't out exercise bad food choices. Going to try and eliminate more of the foods i think trigger my binges and see how we do

Diana, good luck with the college weekend!

Kris, enjoy vacay. I am off next Thursday-thru the 7th. I can't wait. Only 2 extra days, but I need them.

Jeni, that kitten is so cute! Sounds like you are doing well. PS Shout out for the quote in the article, yay you!!!

W 100
    E today is my off day
    E OP and yes, plan includes adult beverages tonight around the firepit in the yard. I'll include them in my calories for the day.
    D TGIF
  • Back from 4 days on the road visiting lighthouses. We saw a bunch and stopped in some unique places. It is always an adventure when we "just head out." We made most of out food and I came home at 181.2. Can't complain about that.

You ladies just keep working it. Jeni and MM..I would love to be your weights. Just keep that in mind when you get hard on yourselves.