Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #136  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Crazy busy weekend with MIL funeral, dinner, open house, gardening, general errands. YIKES!! I need a rest from the weekend. I got in one 4 mile run/walk. I have a race this weekend and still can't run the whole three miles without a break. Breathing is the issue...still can't seem to do it.

Rain here today so I may have to go to the gym for my run. Gotta do it, that race is right around the corner. 183.4 today. Oh yeah. At WW I lost .2. Really??? Total for 4 weeks 1.8. C'mon now.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #137  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
Diana~Thanks for the info. I take all the same supplements except for calcium. The doctor did mention that, but wasn't sure if should add that in because of the increased risk of heart attack. I'm not sure why the increased risk though. It seems like all of the options that I have increase my risk for something.
Well I got a chuckle out of that because it does seem true. Lots of conflicting and confusing information, frustrating for sure. I take one liquid tablespoon/day of Lifetime brand - Calcium Magnesium Citrate that I can buy at the grocery store. My naturalpath said it was important to balance taking Calcium with Magnesium, that's all I know.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #138  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Mindy, your week sounds about like mine(crazy busy). I was a little stressed thinking about the graduation reception today, I keep reminding myself that it's an informal reception to celebrate a milestone and for visiting with friends. Please take take of yourself, and if you can't run 3 miles straight don't beat yourself up. You were sick for a long time and it may take some time to fully recover.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #139  
mtiger

Wink

I did it!! I ran the whole 3 miles....on the treadmill. Time 37:55. Under 38 minutes was not bad. It I can do that a few more times this week I might be ready for the race Saturday.

I think I may have found a trouble spot. I am a snacker type of eater. I never eat a large meal but lots of little ones and bite in between. I think It is those little handfuls that are getting me into trouble. It is easy to grab a small handful of nuts or 4 little crackers and not really count them. Today I am only eating my lunch I took...sandwich, mixed fruit, banana, and string cheese. No little extras.

183.2 today....just hanging out in that range. YUCK!!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #140  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~ Those little handfuls do add up. Great job on the run. I'm so excited to have today off to myself to run.

I didn't preregister for the 5k this weekend, but I can still register the morning of. Still fighting myself to do it. But I am running the 1 mile fun run with Mak on June 11, and a 1/2 mile fun run with Tommy on the 12. I know it isn't the same, but we are going to start our "training" today.

So I have been thinking. What do people with no weight issues eat in a normal day? I know it varies, but what do I "think they eat"? I would like to try incorporating what my "views" of eating skinny (not dieting) is.

something like
Breakfast: oatmeal and toast or a protein smoothie
Lunch: tuna/ham/turkey sandwich and a bag of chips
Snack: fruit and cheese? Hummus and veggies?
Dinner meat salad and starch.

W 80 oz
E run at my own pace and distance. I feel like I am starting over again. It has been too long.
E no whites at night.
D Enjoy my day off. With no sick kids.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am on vacation, at the beach. Life is good, yesterday ran 2.5 and then walked 2.5 back on the ocean.

Today about 2 miles this AM and then 5 mile w hubby on bicycles.

Life is good
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #142  
mtiger

Wink

MM- Sounds delightful. Just a few more days until my summer vacay starts. I can't wait. Of course I won't be spending it at the beach...but

Jeni- Sounds like what I eat everyday anyhow. I am tired of food and really tired of not losing any weight.

DId 3 miles outside last night. It is much harder than the treadmill. There is wind and hills and .....
My time was 4 minutes slower, but that's okay.
183.2 today..stilll..really??
I didn't munch on any handfuls yesterday.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #143  
Calorie Counter

MM~ vacaton sounds nice!

Mindy~Hang in there. Running outside is much harder physical wise for me, but the distraction is quite nice.

Tuesday I got in a good 4.75 slow miles. I need to give myself a break and not worry about the time.

Yesterday was a rough 12 hour workday and then middle school orientation for Makenna. She enjoyed it a lot. She wants to be in band, but wants to be in art too. Since she can't do both, she chose band. She can already draw and paint, but she can't play the trumpet, yet

W 64 oz
E maybe a walk after work
E no whites
D I have a new outlook. Let's hope it stays positive!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #144  
mtiger

Wink

So I am really frustrated with the weight loss thing. Thought that joining WW might help but apparently not. I am just staying around 183 and can't seem to budge. I stay within my points, I am eating good stuff and don't know what the problem is. GGRR!!!

I need to weigh-in tonight since I am running Sat. morning and can't get there. It will not be good because I am weighin-in at night as opposed to morning. Oh well. The run is 9 am Sat. I will run tonight and then take tomorrow off to rest up.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #145  
mtiger

Wink

Last day of school today....race on Saturday...182.6 on the scale today...sunshine this morning....shaping up to be a pretty decent day.

Enjoy the weekend!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #146  
Calorie Counter

Hurray Mindy!! Last day of school! My kiddos have to go one more week. I know you are frustrated with the scale. Just keep up the good work you may not see the changes in the scale, but your body and health notices!

So the 5k tomorrow. I am convinced today to do it, (tomorrow is a different story though ) The 1/2 actually sounds like a good course too. I think I may try for it next year if I can get off my booty. quite honestly, I think I want to try it this year, Isn't that crazy I'm not ready for it in the least so one step at a time. my first 5k.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run
E no whites at night
D I need to shampoo my carpets today.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #147  

Jeni and Mindy, hope you both were able to fit the 5k in this weekend! How was it? Weather, time, atmosphere? I missed 2 local ones while I was on vacation. I did run on the boardwalk though!

Kris, new house looks gorgeous! So happy for you!

Diana, Is this the big weekend?

Well, I am just back, up 6 pounds. Ugh, not too worried since I ran and biked all week. I am sure most is sodium from eating out every night. Pretty much exclusively ate broiled fish, so I can't have done that much actual damage! Just gonna eat clean and move.

I broke a blood vessel in my eye again? Not sure how, but I look like the demon lady. One bright red eye. Means I have to wear my glasses, which means elliptical rather than run, glasses throw my depth perception off.

W 100 or more, need to flush all this sodium out
E Going to use the elliptical and maybe head for the Y with my son. Sauna?
E POP,, green smoothie breakfast. Grocery store for fresh veggies for lunch, thinking salad. Protein and veggies for dinner. No whites.
D Today I turn 48. Headed toward 50 in a hurry and I plan to be at goal and have run a half and a full by 50, so I need to kick it up.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #148  
mtiger

Wink

MM- Sounds like you had a good time. You have some big goals looming over the next few years. 50 was a breeze. Best year of my life in a while.

My run was just okay. I didn't meet my goal (under 40 minutes) but that's okay. 41:15. I just got hot and tired. Breathing is still my issue. weight??oh blarney. 182.6 still.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #149  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies!

MM~ Happy B-day!!

Mindy~great job on that 5k.

I totally chickened out on my 5k. I will go for the one on July 5. I did get a bike this weekend!! We went for a couple of bike rides, which was so much fun.

W 80 oz
E run
E no whites. eat clean today. We ate out a couple of times this weekend and I feel blah.
D Decide to be happy. Call my DR. 2 weeks and he still isn't calling my gyn back. Maybe if I can get some info, then I can move forward with my treatment. I'm feeling pretty good so far. Only a few sessions of crying so far, but I am now in my time of mood swings.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #150  

Jeni, thanks for the birthday wishes. Enjoy the new bike! Don't worry about the 5k, when you are ready, it will happen.

Mindy, thanks for the birthday wishes! Great job on your 5k. School is done? Summer to do as you please! Yay you. I am jealous!

Diana, how was graduation?

Kris, hope all is settling in to the new home! Nutri system making things any easier?

W 100
E crunches, hour with the trainer tonight!
E POP, had a green smoothie for breakfast
D finish picking everything up from post vacation. Laundry all over the place!