3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Countdown to Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/293392-countdown-summer-challenge.html)

Sum38 04-15-2014 08:29 AM

I am back at losing path! :yay: I took 6-8 weeks off. I was experiencing diet fatigue and fatigue overall. As I mentioned above I started taking Vit B shots and my energy lever has gone up hundred times! I am trying to take better care of myself.

Today I hit a new decade. It was very exciting to see 13x.x on that scale. :)

Wobbly 04-15-2014 09:39 AM

I lost several pounds over two days by being on liquids only but after reading about the dangers of fasting (as in losing muscle, including cardiac muscle) I ate a vegan meal.
I'll try this one-solid-food-meal-each-48-hours for a while. This morning I was at 161.2 and may not gain during this day or tomorrow.

vdh2102 04-15-2014 05:29 PM

Hi Everybody. I'm new to joining this thread-- hope that's ok, even though I'm a little late to the party! I read through and I recognize some of you from some of the challenges I did last year, so I'm excited to be joining. These challenges really help me, and the length of time for this one is just perfect.

A little about me: I worked hard and managed to lose about 14 pounds last summer, but between taking the LSAT in December and being locked inside due to the horrible and neverending winter we had here in NYC, I gained back quite a few of those pounds. I finally weighed myself last week and faced up to the disappointment of having to re-do what I've already done, but now I'm feeling positive and ready to go. My boyfriend's brother is getting married at the end of June and it will have been about 6 months since I've seen any of them, so I'm using that as my motivational goal date. I would love to surpass what I did last summer and be able to fit back into a beautiful size 4 dress I wore last year so I don't have to buy a new one! That will be a huge victory for me.

I started the 30 day shred this morning to officially kick off my personal challenge. Hoping it works! Has anyone tried it before?

Wobbly 04-16-2014 11:02 AM

When I took the LSAT back in the early 70s 'only' 341,000 people had taken it before me. That number must be way high by now.
Did well on that test but still couldn't get in. :(

Good luck in any case.

BTW, I've lost 7 lbs in the last four days and this is out of the ordinary for me.
When I feel like I can't stand it anymore I have a few teaspoons of mustard and that gets me past. ;)

My clothes 'have gotten larger' and my wife wants me rounder but if my cholesterol is OK at 155 lbs I may stop there. Then I guess it's weekly weight readings for one or two years.

Sum38 04-18-2014 02:48 PM

vdh2102 Nice to see you!

Scale is co-operating at the moment. If I can stay OP for the weekend, Monday's weigh-in should be a nice one. :crossed:

We are not overly religious, so we have no Easter plans. I will make a nice and light dinner.

PumpkinField 04-18-2014 11:22 PM

Thanks Sum38 for the suggestion. They did test my blood and B was checked. All normal. I'm not sure maybe I should be taking a multi vitamin?

I didn't check in last week I gained .6, but I had a great weekend! I have lost an additional 4 lbs over past 10 days. Feeling good about 2 lbs a week. I have lost 15 lbs so far. I wore a pair of jeans yesterday I haven't fit into all winter. That was a good feeling.

This weekend I have a beer & food pairing event and a wonderful family Easter dinner at an amazing restaurant. I have been working out my plan. I am only tasting food that I think is worth it and not something I've had before, same with the beer. That will reduce a lot of my beer. I'm having teriyaki quail for Easter, my favorite on the menu. I am really going to have to go for a swim! Beer event in a large venue will be doing a lot of walking around for a few hours.

I found a cute new dress at a thrift store last week for $7.99 and found it on line for $100. It was a size smaller then where I was a month ago. I am going to wear it on Easter Sun.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!:bunny2:

workinglikeadog 04-19-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4984899)
I am back at losing path! :yay: I took 6-8 weeks off. I was experiencing diet fatigue and fatigue overall. As I mentioned above I started taking Vit B shots and my energy lever has gone up hundred times! I am trying to take better care of myself.

Today I hit a new decade. It was very exciting to see 13x.x on that scale. :)

Thanks for this reminder. I am fatiqued & needing to refocus too! So will add B's to the water and C's, hoping to feel better soon.

Congrats on your losing path, yeah!

Arwa4u 04-20-2014 08:56 AM

Hi everyone,

I posted a while ago that I was going on vacation and would begin my IP journey when I came back. We'll while away I gained a few pounds:(. Anyways, my revised starting weight is 150 and on my first weigh in I was down to 144. Not as good as I would have liked but it's a start, right? It's so nice to come here and get support from all of you.

Oh.. A little about me. I'm 32 years old . Living in Canada now but originally from sunny California. My hubby is being an awesome support to me even though there were a few days in the beginning I thought I would bite his head off lol. We have a beautiful little boy and for now I'm a sahm :).

Can't wait to see everyone's results!

vdh2102 04-21-2014 10:04 AM

I'm sure most of this was just the initial whoosh i usually get when i first start a diet, but I lost 2.5 lbs in the past week, and i managed to keep it off through Easter weekend! Definitely a good feeling. The 30 day shred thing is really helping me, although at times it is really the last thing I want to do first thing in the morning. I may start mixing it with some running soon.

Congratulations on your losses/maintains everyone! We are well on our way to looking great in June!

Sum38 04-21-2014 10:58 AM

Weight in was a bit higher than yesterday's weight, bummer. But over all I am doing awesome.

I went through my closet and I fit into my 6's :yay: Today I'm wearing a pretty skirt in size.... Yes.... Six! I couldn't be happier. My ultimate goal is to be size four. I hope by the end of this challenge I'll be flirting with that size.

PumpkinField 04-23-2014 09:07 PM

I ate everything at the food beer pairing because it was all new and yummy. I'm up 2 lbs. but I'm telling myself it's ok and again had an amazing weekend. Haven't had time to work out this week :( looking forward to a swim tomorrow.
Keep on loosing ladies!!!

Arwa4u 04-25-2014 02:27 PM

End of week two and only lost 2.5 lbs....8 lbs total. Been staying OP so hopefully I'll see a big drop soon.

Avezy44 04-25-2014 03:40 PM

I've hit a major plateau :( Working hard to get through it!

Wobbly 04-26-2014 09:26 AM

Over 9 weeks I've lost 0.7 lb per week (not great) but I have cycles over a week or two where I'd lose 2 lbs, gain 4, then lose 2, etc., so my weight loss process is sort of out of control.

Easter was a wake up call where I gained 2 lbs per day for four days, so I came up with a new plan.

Weighing evening and morning I noticed my nighttime weight loss is pretty consistently 2.5 lbs, so if I fasted could lose this much weight every 24 hours but I don't have the willpower to fast.

So, the morning weight is a reference point for each day. My weight gain during the day before 2 P.M. is negligible. I weigh again just before supper but I don't record this number.
If I'm on track to lose more than a pound from last evening I eat a heavier supper. If I'm going to lose less than a pound I eat light.
Then I record the evening weight and the cycle begins again.

It'll probably be a month before I have some certainty that this works, but for now the graph looks promising.

Avezy44 04-26-2014 01:11 PM

I'm back! Plateau was HORRIBLE! Broke free of it today :)