Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #76  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ahh. Sweet victory. Its been a good week so far, Mtiggie. I think of all you girls now when I get home and "don't wanna" exercise or even change my clothes. You keep me going ladies!

Got home early and hubby walked and talked with me while dogs ran around like kids. There is an area by us that is only 1/2 developed with streets that are completed but thats it. Dirt flats everywhere around. It was breezy and about 68. Perfection for a stroll and chat.

Came home. Another 100 sit ups down and added a 10 second plank. I am so weak from ignoring my health. I can't wait to have that moment where I think "hey, that was EASIER this time"

Mindy - Snow - such a foreign concept here. Hope you stay warm and enjoy your snow day.

I'm gonna go feed the fur babies and shower. Hope all you girls are doing already.

Mavie - heavy on my mind, always in my prayers!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Kris, thank you. Tough time right now. Good for you doing all those crunches!

Mindy, 21 freaking inches of that white crap yesterday and last night. Sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!!! How is your bodybuilding plan going?

Carma, so happy you were able to go ahead with the 5K! I am thinking of doing one here the first week in April, shirts are long sleeved tech shirts (and for me, it's about the shirt! Thanks for the prayers for Dad. He sure needs them.

Diana, hope your neck and back are better. Thank you for the hugs and prayers.

Jeni, welcome back !! Thank you. Loved seeing your pics, glad you had a wonderful family vacation!

Crazy right now. Dad. Family stress of course. Have one of my houses ready to close. Other job busy too! I am working hard to keep going to the Y in the AM. To lose that surely is not going to heal my Dad and it's not going to make me feel better either. Today could have been a little cleaner food wise, but was not too bad all things considered.

W Got about 50 so far, having a bit now
E Ran at the y, my phone conked out as I was walking in, so no music! UGH!
E Like I said, could have been better, but I still have about 300 calories to go
D Control what you can control

Last edited by mothermavis; 03-13-2014 at 09:23 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 AM   #78  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default Rough 24 hours

Mavie - You stay strong. You continue to love yourself and we're here for you when you need us. Thinking of you as always.

This time last night hubby and I were sitting in the PET EMERGENCY vet clinic 20 miles from home with a dog with a leg that had been ripped open by a coyote. They wanted $1000 to stitch his bite wound up. Hubby told them - "give him an antibiotic shot and we'll take him to our vet in the morning." They gave him a pain shot and antibiotic and we headed home.

Dog was groggy and whining all night, pooped all over the house, and was heartbreakingly tired. I woke up this morning, dog #2 (which I swear I had thoroughly checked the night before) walked past me. On her back leg, a coyote bite as well. So $600 later BOTH dogs are sewn up, medicated and not happy. One has a drain in her wound, which I get to clean 3 times a day (yuck).

And, true to my life, this weekend I have the house to myself. No hubby. No kids. But now I have two disabled dogs to look after. It'll probably save me a ton of money by keeping me out of the mall. Supposed to be 90ish here this weekend. Everything is going haywire. I just want to eat a bag of tater tots.

Instead I came here. Going to hit submit and go to bed. I need some sleep. Hope you are all doing well.

Last edited by Nixmom; 03-14-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #79  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kris- I saw the wounds. Man, that would be scary. We have lots of coyotes here too but my dogs would be dinner for them. 10 pounds is about a right sized meal. Hope they are doing okay. Did the dogs roam or were the critters that close to your house? You keep sittin up girl. Good for you!!

MM- Hang in there. Don't let the stress get to you. Thinking of you always. Sorry you got socked with 21 inches, we got eight. Do ya think ole man winter is done yet???

Jeni- Glad you had a good time on vacay. Tough to come back to the grind. Here's to smooth transitions.

Busy time at work..March is Reading Month stuff. I have a conference this weekend..reading. I think my hubby is going to sneak up and spend some time with me. That should be fun. My son is moving today so needs some help, but I still need to hit the gym. Hope I can fit it all in. Down a little today...182.8. Still shooting for the 170's by break.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #80  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone.

Kris~I hope your puppies are okay. I love having the house to myself, that is when I get most of my work done!

MM~I hate trying to work out with no music!! I usually get so bored I quit early. (unless I have the tv going.) 21 inches of snow~YIKES!

Mindy~I'm glad the scale is moving for you. I'm going to find some time today to look up Jamie on bodybuilding.com.

Disneyland was great as usual. I'm up about a pound, but nothing that I am worried about. I am so ready to be able to cook my own healthy food, and start back with my green smoothies, I can't wait to run! It's a nice day today so I am thinking about doing a couple of miles outside.

It's funny, I wasn't sore at all during my vacation, but yesterday, being an "off day" my legs were so sore!

W 80 oz
E 40 minute run, 20 minutes target training
E eat clean, I'm shooting for about 1375 today.
D get back to working out. no excuses!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #81  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Morning Ladies, just a quick report. My getting mad (I'ld had it!) really worked. I weighed in at 154 this morning(from 157.5 on Monday), I'm on a roll now! Thank you for your daily support and inspiration

Kris, we have coyotes here too. I am blessed and amazed to still have three cats 8yrs, 8yrs and 12 yrs-amazing! I have to keep an eye on my dog, he is too friendly, sorta scarry. I'm so pround of you for going to bed and not stress eating - wow.

Mavis, You are so strong, control what you can control is a great reminder for me this morning as well.

Jeni, Glad your vacation was so good for you.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 03-15-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #82  
The Sky is the Limit!

Well today was a bust. Dogs and I slept 4 hours, and then I went batty trying to keep them from whining to go outside. I drove them around on errands with me and I am pooped. I am also stressing out that the antibiotic will make them poop, in my house.

I ate like crap all day, but will be back to good tomorrow. Hoping to get some new recipes and try them. Really just looking forward to cleaning my house, surfing for house ideas on the web, and maybe ordering some new bedding.

Jen - so glad you had a nice vacation. You couldn't have timed it better for weather. You guys rock being the park openers 3 YEARS IN A ROW!

Mtiggie - yay for reading, yay for hubby visits at conferences, and YAY FOR BREAK APPROACHING!

Diana - Good Girl! Congrats on the drop and you just keep getting here and letting us celebrate with you!

Mavie & Carma -
Old 03-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #83  
Calorie Counter

Diana~ great job!! It's always nice seeing that big drop!

Kris~ I hope your dogs slept okay last night without making any messes! The weather was so amazing for our trip!! My friends ask me what our secret is about opening at the park, but I think that we just stand out! We are nearly always first in line, and always talk or play games. (We found a charades app this year, it made standing in lines awesome!)

Last nights basketball practice went well! I definitely worked up a sweat. We have a game today, I hope we get all of the kids at the game! I won't be running in that 5k today because of the basketball game.

I planned on a slow easy run yesterday, 1% incline at 4.8mph. It wasn't comfortable, so I put the incline back to 1.5% and speed at 5.1 (this is my normal run speed.) I was happy that it was easy for me, but I think it is a sign that I need to increase my speed again.

W 80 oz!! I did well at this yesterday!
E My plan is 40 minute run, 20 target training, before the basketball game. But my family needs to wake up first!
E1350 cals. It felt so good to eat clean yesterday. I need to get my body used to eating at regular intervals again though. I'm going to start using my single serve ninja cup for my smoothies,
D Workout. Eat clean. Continue with the lifestyle that I have been living the last 8 months. 7 days will not knock me out!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #84  
Calorie Counter

Good morning!!

My workout yesterday was a 35 minute run, I didn't have time for target training.

W 80 oz!
E 45 minute cardio 15 minutes weights at the gym!
E 1350 cals (green smoothie of the day: 1/2 pear, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of spinach,1/4 cup cranberries, 1 cup of almond milk, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 cup of cinnamon, 2 tbsp protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds 418 calories, but so good!)
D Workout, eat clean.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jeni, sounds good! Mine was spinach, 1/2 cup of frozen tropical fruit. small banana, greek yogurt (pineapple) and a touch of margarita crystal light.

Had a few oatmeal cookies today, but that was not so bad overall!

Thanks ladies for all the support. I'm too tired for personals. Be back later in the week.

Going to keep trying y in the am, 1200 calories a day, 100 oz of water and just keep on keeping on
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #86  
The Sky is the Limit!

Dogs were good last night. Hubby is home now so the quiet house is a thing of the past. I brought work home Thursday that I never even cracked open. My one goal was to get my kitchen lighting for the new house figured out. Too many choices. Didn't get much done this weekend.

Mavie XOXOXO glad you are plugging along! Good to see you stop in.

Jen - I am going to try a smoothie this week. The gilrs at work make them but load them with nothing but fruit. Too much sugar for me. I'm gonna steal your recipe!

Mtig, Carma, Diana - Hope you are all doing well.

I need to regroup. Let myself slide this lazy weekend and man can I feel the difference.

WEED this week
W - 64 oz ( I gotta be realistic here)
E - Walk dogs 3 times (should be able to do this tomorrow with okay from vet)
E - LOG IN WW and DO NOT USE THOSE TEMPTING POINTS!
D - The only day you have is today. Make it count.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #87  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well after spending the weekend at a conference and eating out for all meals I can't complain today. I am the same weight..183.6. Now it is time to get back on the wagon and work hard this week. husband is working late so looks like I will be hitting the gym solo.

Back to the grind today. Must remember....3 weeks till break. 3 weeks till smokey mts....3 weeks till relaxation and fun and adventure. How long again??
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #88  
Calorie Counter

MM~ Keep going! Take care of yourself.

Kris~ I like to throw a handful of carrots or half a cucumber in my smoothies as well.

Mindy~I'm glad you maintained this week! 3 weeks!

DH and I did NOT want to head to the gym yesterday afternoon, we knew we had to, and We did it! We promised the kiddos they could swim so it forced us to do it!

I spent the last 9 days with my husband and family! It has been great! Today I send Will and the kids back to reality, and I have one day to catch up on stuff! (okay I work tomorrow and have wed and thurs off) I love my family, but I am looking forward to being alone.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run 20 minute target training
E 1350 cals
D getting stuff done!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #89  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Good Morning Ladies. I'm working at not being stressed - so much to do this week and school issues with ds (but not really life disrupting, so must put in the right priority). Rant over, must count my blessings and focus on this week. Sending FOCUS power to all who need it this week (including myself). Don't forget to wear green today!

Kris, I am hoping that your dogs are healing well, sounds like it.

Mindy, Conferences are fun but it's a challenge to eat and exercise properly. Three weeks till break, nice.

Jeni, You are a powerhouse, I enjoy hearing how you refocus and get things done.

Mavie and Carma, hope you do well this week.

This week:
W- 50 oz of water- doing good but can push the ceiling.
E- Trying for 60mins of exercise a day, all week. Got 35 mins this a.m.
E- Write down and keep up NO whites this week.
D-Clean Eating and more exercise time than last week.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 03-18-2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: spelling
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #90  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evenin' Chickypoos

Working - I see you have a habit thread too! Maybe I'll join the next one! I totally get the "working at not being stressed" because I have to work at relaxing. I'm not good at it. I am good at checking out and then feeling like I wasted my whole day (hello - this weekend) but I am not good at "enjoying" my relaxation time. Work at not being stressed. Yep. That is a humdinger. Reflecting all focus energy right back to you!

Mtig - The answer is 3 weeks

Jen -I agree with Diana. You are pretty amazing. You should be proud of yourself, Jen. You have come a long way and been a stronghold for your family. And to know the value of alone time... yes, you are woman!

Mavies, Carma,

As for me.... got to work at 11:00 after vet for dog check up (they're great, thanks) and found out I had meetings at 11:00 1:30 3:30. So much for anything productive. Just as I was settling in to get something done at 5pm, a coworker gently reminded me that I needed to go home because "Kris, you promised yourself you would walk your dogs on Mon/Wed/Fri." I said, you know what, you're right.

I just walked with son and dogs for 35 minutes. I did 100 sit ups. I am now going to eat a late, but healthy dinner, and turn in.

Hope you all have a wonderful night.

Last edited by Nixmom; 03-17-2014 at 10:29 PM.