3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Different Kind of Challenge. 28 Days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/283282-different-kind-challenge-28-days.html)

lilmisschattabox 06-11-2013 04:18 AM

Good idea!!

Day 1: Your stats - 28yrs, 84.3kg (185.8lb)
Day 2: How tall are you? Do you like your height? - Just under 5'5" - it's okay, a bit taller would be handy
Day 3: A photo of your inspiration. What do you like about this? I don't know how to do photos but my weird inspiration for now is buying smaller work pants - I have no idea why!!! I just really want to wear smaller pants to work!!
Day 4: Your greatest fears about weight loss. That it won't happen and the scales will just keep going up and up...
Day 5: Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?I want to look good in a pair of jeans, feel healthy and be able to exercise without feeling like I'm dying!! I'm definitely doing it for me.
Day 6: Do you binge? If so explain why you think you do.I used to and sometimes I feel tempted to, but I resist better these days...
Day 7: Does anyone (like a loved one) know your trying to lose weight? If so are they supportive in the right ways? My partner is really supportive and my mum. I should have put my mum as my inspiration too actually!! She lost pretty much half her body weight so that's pretty inspirational! My workmates know too, I think they're pretty impressed I've resisted eating the chocolate on the counter at work!!!
Day 8: Your workout routine I don't really have one right now... I'm hoping to get back into my dancing shortly now that my financial situation is getting a bit easier. I'm also hoping that as some of the weight comes off it will become easier to exercise as I won't feel so HEAVY
Day 9: Do people ever make comments about your weight in a negative way? If so feel free to vent!Not exactly but it's rough looking at your skinny friends and knowing you're twice the size of them. My Nana makes a comment now and then... I know she's not really doing it to be mean, but it's hard if people point it out.
Day 10: What is the hardest thing you are giving up in your weight loss journey?probably wine and chocolate... and pasta and pizza... I love carbs!!!!
Day 11: Whats your favorite thread on here and why?the daily challenge threads keep me accontable!!
Day 12: What do you love to eat on your diet tracklots of variety, really enjoying trying new recipes
Day 13: Are you losing weight in a healthy way? Or unhealthy (crash diets, not eating right ect)definitely healthy, lots of fruit, veggies and meat
Day 14: Whats your Ultimate Goal Weight? When do you expect to reach it? 65kg (143lb). I have no idea when I'll reach it... hopefully within a year!
Day 15: Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so has this helped you? If not would you ever consider it?Nooooo!! I like meat!
Day 16: When did you first decide to lose weight? What made you have that aha moment?I have always wanted to lose weight... but the weight is creeping up and I really need to do something about it now
Day 17: What is your most liked exercise? Most hated?belly dancing is my most liked... running would be my most hated!
Day 18: What food is your weakness?pizza, pasta, bread.. love carbs
Day 19: What do you think of when you are having a hard time pushing through your workout?not really working out at the moment :( hope to change that soon
Day 20: Favorite diet type?where I don't have to feel hungry but still losing weight
Day 21: What was your highest clothing size?size 16
Day 22: What was your lowest weight? How and why did you gain?57kg which is tinyyy for me. I lost because of a relationship breakup which meant it wasn't really a sustainable weight loss. I ended up getting into a bad relationship which I was very unhappy in and ate emotionally :(
Day 23: What excites you most about reaching your goal weight?smaller work pants! Weird but true!
Day 24: How do you deal with being around tempting foods?keep thinking "it's not on my plan, it's not on my plan!"
Day 25: What is your favorite body part? How would you feel if it changed from your weight loss? my boobs! and they're going to disappear when I lose weight :( it's the only thing I will be sad about when I lose weight... being fat gave me boobs! But darn it... flat chest, here I come!
Day 26: Your definition of beauty? serene face and kind words and heart
Day 27: 5 facts about you!I'm a vet nurse, engaged (yay!), a belly dancer, like to travel, determined to lose weight!
Day 28: What are your stats 28 days later? 82.2kg (181lb = 4.6lb lost!)

pixie3208 06-12-2013 05:01 AM

Sorry for the lack of update till now. Just got home. at 5am -.-

Jennifer1966 06-12-2013 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Day 1: 46 years old and 168.6 lbs
Day 2: 5'4" and I'd like to be 5'6" or 7"
Day 3: My children inspire me. I want to be around to watch them have their own families, and I want to be active and fit. We like to hike, bike, swim, etc. and I don't want to tire easily. Plus, I want to look good in a swimsuit. (Now let's see if I can get a photo from my phone!)
Day 4: My biggest fear about weight loss is that my loose skin will look horrendous, and I won't be able to afford a tummy tuck for a while. I'm also afraid my face will look older as I lose more. (Wow, my fears are vain!)
Day 5: I honestly want to lose the weight so I look good. Of course there are lots of reasons (health, fitness, kids), but appearance is main one.
Day 6: I don't really binge, but I can have portion control issues. Especially with baked goods and chocolate.
Day 7: My DH and kids know, and they are super supportive. DH walks with me and will cook healthy food for us. They all tell me regularly how good I look.
Day 8: For the last month or so DH and I haven walked 3.5-4 miles about 5x a week. Today I added a 30 day fitness challenge that incorporates squats, planks, crunches and push ups! I'm hoping I can make the 30 days!
Day 9: The only person who has ever commented negatively on my weight is my dad, and he hasn't for a couple of years. I guess I'm lucky that people haven't said anything, but at my highest in January, my self-loathing was just as bad.
Day 10: Not to be redundant with Day 6, but baked goods and chocolate (especially chocolate baked goods!). I haven't given them up completely, but boy do I eat waaaay less!
Day 11: I really love all the threads, but the 2 I write the most on (and know the people the best) are the 40-Something's mini challenges and <<getting to 160>>. Of course, I also really like all the challenges I'm involved with, etc. These threads are so important to me and have helped immensely on my weight loss journey!!
Day 12: Hmm, this is a hard one. I really don't limit myself to anything, but when I'm actually being strict on my eating plan, I enjoy blueberries and fat-free cool whip! I am pretty much stalled in my loss right now, so I have to get back to much stricter eating.
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day 18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21:
Day 22:
Day 23:
Day 24:
Day 25:
Day 26:
Day 27:
Day 28:

pixie3208 06-12-2013 07:41 PM

Jennifer beautiful children!

Jennifer1966 06-12-2013 10:38 PM

Thanks, Pixie! This is a fun challenge!

amandie 06-12-2013 10:48 PM

Love the pic, Jennifer as well as your avatar! Lookin' good! I actually am having a hard time deciding which photo to use for day 3.. ::thinking::

pixie3208 06-13-2013 02:17 AM

amandie I love that swimsuit its cute!

Jennifer1966 06-13-2013 09:02 AM

Amandie: Thanks! And I love your inspiration suit!

Tuscany 06-16-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer1966 (Post 4770325)
Especially with baked goods and chocolate.

We have something in common. Baked goods and chocolate are my downfalls too. Beautiful children, BTW...you must be very proud.

makayla94 06-16-2013 03:11 PM

This is my first post on this forum! YAY!:carrot:

1. 5'8" 223Lbs.

tehshort1 06-16-2013 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This seems fun!

Day 1 I am 26 years old and I currently am 157.2 and dropping!
Day 2: I am 5'1"....okay so technically I'm 5' 0.25" but who's counting!
Day 3: My inspiration is Alex Kingston who plays River Song from Doctor Who. She is strong and smart and so hot! I think she looks awesome!
Day 4: My greatest fear with weight loss is that once I reach my goal weight I will still not be happy and comfortable enough to be "myself" and show that to others.
Day 5: Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?
Day 6: I do not really binge. I will sometimes treat myself to a "normal meal" at a restaurant, but I don't go crazy.
Day 7: Everyone knows I am trying to lose weight. I tell my friends, family, co-workers, neighbors etc. I feel this keeps me honest and accountable. Since everyone knows I CAN"T let myself fall back into bad habits. Everyone has been so supportive and I am so very grateful to them. They ask we what I am doing and help me on my weak days. I've had co-workers bring in pizza and donuts and they will actually bring a healthy alternative for me. So thoughtful!
Day 8: I don't have a set workout routine. I try to change it up alot so that I work out different areas. I walk as much as possible, swim, hula hoop, try different videos, etc. Variety is the spice of life!
Day 9: I'm pretty lucky that people have not made negative comments regarding my weight. The only comments are that I'm "disappearing" lol.
Day 10: The hardest thing I am giving up is my love of snack foods and cookies. Oreos, chips ahoy, etc. I used to eat a box of them in one sitting!
Day 11: I don't have a favorite thread. I love reading them all and getting inspired by everyone's success!
Day 12: What do you love to eat on your diet track
Day 13: Are you losing weight in a healthy way? Or unhealthy (crash diets, not eating right ect)
Day 14: Whats your Ultimate Goal Weight? When do you expect to reach it?
Day 15: Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so has this helped you? If not would you ever consider it?
Day 16: When did you first decide to lose weight? What made you have that aha moment?
Day 17: What is your most liked exercise? Most hated?
Day 18: What food is your weakness?
Day 19: What do you think of when you are having a hard time pushing through your workout?
Day 20: Favorite diet type?
Day 21: What was your highest clothing size? DONT HAVE TO ANSWER THAT IF YOUR NOT COMFORTABLE. INSTEAD TELL US WHAT YOUR FEEL GOOD OUTFIT IS.
Day 22: What was your lowest weight? How and why did you gain?
Day 23:What excites you most about reaching your goal weight?
Day 24: How do you deal with being around tempting foods?
Day 25: What is your favorite body part? How would you feel if it changed from your weight loss?
Day 26: Your definition of beauty?
Day 27: 5 facts about you!
Day 28: What your your stats 28 days later?

Dumplin 06-16-2013 03:46 PM

This is fun !

Day 1: 51 years young ( and getting smaller everyday )
Day 2: I'm 5'5" and fine with that .
Day 3: I don't have an inspiration photo. I find inspiration in random things , clothes , and people . I get inspired by the people here on 3FC daily, my daughter who is so proud of me as I am very proud of her .
Day 4: my biggest fears about weight loss are the same as my biggest fears in everything I do = FAILURE! I'm an all-or-nothing perfectionist kind of personality. I fear if things slow down I'll quit.
Day 5: I always wanted to lose weight to look and feel better then it became a diabetic decision for sure ! Now got that in control just want to keep going to trim the tummy down a little more :)
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:
Day 11:
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day 18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21:
Day 22:
Day 23:
Day 24:
Day 25:
Day 26:
Day 27:
Day 28

pixie3208 06-18-2013 10:27 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates people. Couldnt get on for a few days but Ill update mine now :) Love everyones answers thus far

Tuscany 06-19-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrus29 (Post 4768798)
Day 9: Now and then a few friends have made some comments but I let it pass cause I was aware of how I looked and that I was fat and unhealthy. Back then I was in denial and just laughed it off. Now I don't let it get to me cause I know I am on plan and pretty soon I will give the same people a reason to appreciate my efforts and be proud of me :)

What a terrific attitude...good for you!

pixie3208 07-01-2013 04:47 AM

Ahhh I have been missing. I am reading everyones updates tho and I will update as well :)