Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #361  

Hello Everyone!

OP for most of the day. Anniversary dinner was high in calories. I hope my husband does to bed soon so that I can exercise!!!

I haven't done anything in my classroom yet---and school starts on Thursday. Holy guacamole! I just really don't have it in me. The last three years sucked--all for different reasons so I'm not very excited for this years prospects.

Onward! Happy Wednesday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #362  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I was OP yesterday and went for a walk with DH. I didn't work out due to a headache but I'm planning on lifting weights later this afternoon.

Didn't hop on the scale. I probably will tomorrow morning though, depending on how I feel. I'm a little scared but aside from feeling bloated I don't feel as if I gained a whole bunch of weight, so we'll see.

On to another OP day! Gotta get ready for work.

Have a healthy day everyone!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

The long holiday weekend was really busy and I was not on plan for 3 days in a row. Not too much damage but still just that mental frustration with myself for not sticking to my plan. I really REALLY have to go grocery shopping tonight. I was really tempted to run to a fast food place for lunch but managed to find some veggies to roast. It's those small victories that keep me going some days.
toodles11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #364  

OP for most of the day, lunch did me in. But I did make the choice so I just have to live with it.

I am almost done, no that's a lie---I've put most of my stuff somewhere in my room. I am not anywhere near done but I'm 75% ready for my lessons tomorrow. I have some photocopies to make, keyboards to set up, a bulletin board to do and three cabinets (I put paper on the fronts and use them for charts and things) So yeah, that doesn't sound like I'm anywhere near done but it's good enough for now.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #365  
Breathing.

OP with calories though I skipped lunch because I was already full from eating ice cream at work. I lifted weights for the first time in a week and slept great. I just weighed myself after I got up: 140.6 lbs. Not bad not bad, I'm okay with that. I will be weighing every morning again and I'm already excited for tomorrow's weigh-in. Gotta get ready for work now. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hi everyone! OP today with food. Didn't do my exercise, but will do it tomorrow (which was supposed to be my exercise day off).

Katie - what grades do you teach?
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Stayed on plan yesterday! Was able to make it to the grocery store so I have plenty of healthy food at home. Got in my run this morning too!

Read this reminder this morning about tackling weight loss goals day by day - Focus on today. You can stay on plan today! Don't worry about what happened yesterday or what will happen this weekend. You are in control for today!
toodles11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #368  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Wow, I have been so MIA lately thats its disgusting! Working very hard to find the energy to meal plan and not eat junk the last 2 weeks! Went down to 149, and now 2 weeks later back up to 152 at my official weigh in! GRR! I know EXACTLY what happened and why and I am as usual frustrated at myself. I have also been sick this week and not really hungry much but you know how it is when you are sick, you want comfort!

I did do measurements today at my center and I lost 5 more inches! I want to brag about this from the rooftops so pardon me if I sound like I'm boasting...

I am 60 inches tall and have now lost 58 inches total!!!!! OMG!!!!

Taking things day by day and going back to basics with motivations!!
Good Wishes to all for the weekend!!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #369  

Bonnie: I teach music to grades K-5. :-)

OP so far for today but we're going out to a dine for dinner with dh's parents. Sadly that's not until 7:30 and I'm already freakin' starving!!!!! I'm going to inhale my food in about a second because I'm so hungry.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello friends - it's SuperCecilia! Remember me?

I have missed you all and I want to get back on track with posting at least three times a week. July and August were just really tough with dealing with a break-up, but it's a new month, and a new season, and I think I have a reasonable amount of closure to feel like I can put energy into health and weight loss goals again. I did gain a bit over the last two months - I've been hovering around the 196 mark, which is only five pounds. It could be a lot worse, but I definitely want to nip it in the bud so I can stay in onederland.

So, goals for September:
1) Eat at least six times a day (three small meals, three snacks) - the biggest thing for me is to not let myself get too hungry...cause once the blood sugar is low and I'm too hungry, I'm pretty much a lost cause.
2) Do some kind of exercise (yoga, swim, dance, jog, walk, hula hoop) five days a week.
3) Post here at least three times a week.
4) Shop, cook, and plan in order to have low-carb, high-protein foods on hand. This means making things like tuna salad, egg salad, mashed cauliflower, bean dip, hummus and veggies and having them at home and at work (or with me when I am on the go) - to help with goal #1.

I look forward to being a part of this community again. Have a great weekend, everybody!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #371  

Wahoo!! Even with diner food and dessert the scaled moved down!! Yeah!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #372  

OP today - tired from exercise in a good way. went out to birthday lunch, and resisted eating this really yummy looking bread that was VERY tempting, but now i'm glad I did!!!

Katie, teaching music to young kids sound very fun and rewarding, though I guess it is probably hard too.

Welcome back Cecilia and Junebug!

Toodles- I agree that focusing on just what needs to be done today is very helpful!

Goodnoght everyone - I'm going to get some sleep.

Last edited by BonnieL; 09-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday friends

Thanks, Bonnie, for the welcome back. It's good to "see" you all here.

OP so far today - eggs scrambled up with shiitake mushrooms, onions, and fennel for breakfast, and sausage and black beans with some onions/tomato/parsley for lunch. Protein and fat are the name of the game for me. I took a yoga class this morning and plan on taking a walk this afternoon (going to a part of town where there is no parking, so why not?) Yesterday went on a hike and was mostly OP on eating - except for some after-church cookie noshing. Getting back into the swing of things!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #374  

Cecilia - your breakfast sounds yummy! I'm trying to do low carbs too.

OP today. Was at a work party with very yummy looking brownies. Brownies are my favorite. Was hard to resist, but I did . I actually left the party & went back to my office for a little & did some work, then went back to the party a little later, just to get away from those brownies that were calling to me. Not sure this was really a good way to handle it, but at least I didnt eat them.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #375  
Breathing.

Hello everyone,

I've been off plan for the past few days including today. My life has been very stressful and I've been feeling depressed and angry. Most of it is because of my parents and it really doesn't help that DH and I are stuck here. My daily routines aren't there anymore. I don't drink my green tea in the mornings, heck I don't even eat breakfast, really. I don't update my journal every night. I don't work out or even go outside if I don't have to. All I've been doing is eating my emotions. I haven't had a normal healthy meal in days. It's gotten so bad that one day I was actually craving an apple, just something fresh, juicy and healthy. Craving an apple because of all the junk food, never heard that happen to anyone yet.

Anyways, 2 hours ago at 10pm I felt the need to accomplish something. So I threw on my workout clothes and started working out. I wasn't feeling too well - I was able to feel all the food shake around in my stomach - but it got better towards the end. I started cleaning up and doing the laundry afterwards. I'm just hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for me and both DH because he's suffering from it as well.

Needless to say, I have gained weight. It has finally caught up to me, maybe about 5-6 lbs, and I know this because all my clothes are getting tighter. My midsection has gotten wider and my stomach sticks out again. I haven't stepped on the scale, in fact I put it away a few days ago, but I probably should.

My birthday is in 15 days and I ordered a few dresses online because DH and I plan on going out to dinner. I know this doesn't make any sense but I am trying not to pressure myself into thinking that I need to lose a certain amount of weight by then. I always catch myself thinking "I have to get down to xx.x lbs by September 25th" or "if I don't lose at least x lbs until so-and-so then you lose" like it's a game or something.

Okay, enough. We'll see that tomorrow brings.

Welcome back SuperCecilia!
I hope all of you are doing well.

Happy Wednesday!