Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #61  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I took a break from my workouts Sat, Sun, & Mon. So today I did a 10 min pilate workout & a 10 min yoga workout. This weekend we're leaving for vacation. I'm really going to try and watch what I eat but it's my daughter's 1st birthday party while we're there so there will be lots of family & lots of food! 16 lbs away from being back to my pre-pregnancy a year later. I can do it! I can get this done!
StNessa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #62  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Zoesmom~ Congrats on your big whoosh!! That is awesome!

Rintin~ I'm glad you got your TOM, I know that can be a welcome sign when you are trying to get your body regulated. As far as trouble on the weekends, I am right there with you. One thing that has helped me is too keep most unhealthy snacks out of the house (chips, icecream) and substituting them with healthier options that I know my husband would enjoy too, such as natural pita chips with hummus, larabars, etc. That's one thing that helps!

Glamorousgirl
~ Thank you for sharing all of that with us, it is good to know what you have went through on all of your pregnancy journeys so we can know what to expect, as well as how to stay healthy throughout a pregnancy!

StNessa
~ Welcome to the challenge! You can add yourself to the spreadsheet if you'd like! Also I hope you have a ton of fun on vacation, and great job with the workouts!

Right now my weight loss has stalled, I'm hanging around 249, and that is my fault as we have had a lot going on and I have not had much time to exercise. I have however been staying OP with eating, so that's a good thing. My husband and I are gearing up to take our honeymoon which is happening in two weeks so I have put exercise on the back burner! I also have gotten a good bit of side jobs the past couple of weeks to help get us extra money before our trip!

I realize it's going to be hard to exercise while on our honeymoon, but I do plan to stay within eating healthy while we are gone. I also want to enjoy myself as well, but try not to go overboard!

How's everyone doing so far this week?
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #63  
*Embrace Power*

It's been quiet around the boards!! How is everyone doing?

I will be MIA for a couple of weeks since my husband and I are getting to take our delayed honeymoon/1 year wedding anniversary trip! Part of it will be spent at Disney World which means a lot of walking, so I am planning to eat as healthy as I can and make sure to take full advantage of the activities, and most importantly enjoy this time for us! We also will be going to the beach which is the cherry on top! Hoping that I can drop some more weight along the way, I've been still hanging in the upper 240s but I am happy!

Also it should be TOM at the end of this week/early next week, so that will pop up unless I end up before then! I am hoping that we are, but if not that gives me another month to keep working on my health!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5' 5.5

Hey all, so I've been following this thread for awhile and thought I would get the courage to join. The hubby and I have been trying to concieve for a while, since nov 2012, and had a chemical pregnancy in May.

I wish I would have done more preparation like you guys are! I had been steadily gaining weight over the last 2 and a half years instead of losing and getting fit like I should for my baby's health.

After the chemical, I decided to try and get my body as best ready as I could. In April, I was completely sedentary and had high blood pressure.

I am also sort-of figuring that since this is our 10th cycle trying, it might not happen within a year. The one year mark will be in November and I would like to be a normal BMI around (154) by then. We'll probably get some fertility testing done and I don't want weight be a contributing factor.

Great post! I hope I can help encourage you guys like you have done for me!
Turtle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Default Newbie

I'm so happy to have found this thread! Talk about denial - I wasn't even thinking about losing weight before TTC and then my husband was "ready" and I did some research and realized it would be much safer to shed some lbs first...totally disappointed because I am ready to be a mom but I really want to be healthy first! I'm so happy to have found this thread for extra support on the journey!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #66  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Hope everyone is enjoying the start of August! I had an awesome week last week in every way exept the scale. My company sent me to Greenville, SC to our corporate headquarters for a week of management development training (on my way to becoming AGM for one of our hotels!) and it was awesome. I got to rub elbows with the VPs of the company and 18 other up-and-coming managers who are being groomed for AGM and GM-ness! The only downside is that we all ate together every day and while I tried my best to be good it was steak and fancy dinners and desserts and cookies and omg eat eat eat! So I have gained 2 pounds in as many weeks. I am now home and back on track (hopefully!)! Tonight is tilapia and steamed veggies! I don't want to start gaining any baby weight until the 2nd trimester! It's so hard fighting these cravings! Gah!!!!

Last edited by tehshort1; 08-05-2013 at 07:39 PM.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #67  
*Embrace Power*

Welcome Turtle and LSJ!!!

Tehshort that is awesome about you moving on up in your job! How is pregnancy treating you?

So while on our honeymoon, on the first leg at Disney, we found out that we are pregnant!!
The weight I got to was 245 right before we left, so I am counting that as my pre-pregnancy weight. We had tested the day we left town, and it was a stark white negative. I assumed TOM would show up while on vacation, and it didn't. During our third day at Disney, I was feeling super tired, a little nauseous, and irritable which is not like me at all. My husband said without a doubt I was preggo. I told him it's probably just going to be a rough TOM. Sure enough the next morning we tested and we got a faint positive! We tested again the following morning and it was a little darker, and then again two days later and it was even darker! I had a blood test to confirm at my doctor once we got back into town, which came back positive, already had all of my first appt blood work done, along with paperwork, and a prenatal pregnancy class that my doctor's office requires before the first official physical appt including ultrasound around 10 weeks.

So we will be able to see our baby for the first time on Sept 9th! My husband and I are beside ourselves with excitement!!! I've been eating healthy and giving in to the cravings occasionally. My main cravings are apple juice, cheese, and tomatoes. Now milkshakes are starting to become a thing LOL. My husband and I decided to do daily walks and I am going to invest into some pregnancy workout DVDs to try and have as healthy of a pregnancy as possible!
So that's my update!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #68  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

How exciting !!!
Congratulations
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/220

Height: 5'10"

I'd like to join... I am at the very minimum a year from trying to get pregnant, probably more like a year and a half... BF would like it to be more like 3 but I'm not getting any younger and I'd like more then 1. We are hoping to get married next fall or the following early spring and I'd like to at least start not trying/not preventing as soon as we say I do. I have PCOS and without bcp I get 1 or 2 periods a year and who knows if I ovulate. Part of the reason I decided to try and lose weight is because I've been told it can help regulate my periods/help ovulate naturally.

As of today I weigh 315lbs so I've lost 15 pounds since starting this whole thing July 5th. I put my goal weight as 220 but I just kind of pulled that number out of a hat so my GW could go up or down as time goes one. I'd like to be at least 250 before I start trying... That give me at least a year to lose 65 pounds, I'm hoping that is reasonable (I've never tried to lose weight before).

CW 315
Max GW 250 by Fall 2014

Congratulations Pink Hurricane!!!

Last edited by JeniH; 08-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.
JeniH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #70  
*Embrace Power*

Thanks Mccull!

Welcome to the thread Jeni! You can definitely reach your goals, and that you have set that to be a year goal, you can do it healthy and it will likely stay off!

How's everyone else been?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #71  
*Embrace Power*

How is everyone holding up? It has been a while! I am over 15 weeks along now, hard to believe because time seems to be flying! I have dedicated myself to eating very healthy foods along with the cravings too, but not too much of the more sugary or fattening stuff! Also I have been working out 3-5 days a week depending on how busy things are, I have been doing some prenatal workouts on Youtube and plan to start a regular walking routine as well!