Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

June - congrats on your loss. You, too, are getting close to hitting a BMI milestone. Yay!

Kaitie - congrats on the pants. Isn't it nice when wearing clothes is such a pleasant experience?!?!

Rosered - 7 pounds in two weeks is great. It sounds like you have found something that works for you. Stick with it and keep it up! Congrats on your new BMI status. I spend lots of time on the computer so will have to check out fitdesk...

Hoopty - glad you are enjoying the nuts over chocolate Luna bars. It is a nice way to satisfy a sweet tooth. And good for you for realizing when a craving was rooted in boredom, and not actual desire for a particular food.

Bonnie - thanks for your encouragement.

Ange - thanks for checking in. Even if the scales aren't moving, if you are OP then you are making progress. Maybe take your measurements to have another way to track progress?

OP yesterday and today. And yesterday DBF and I went on a two hour hike that was over three miles and includes a 300+ increase in elevation (we live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains) which was a nice way to spend a beautiful day and get a workout in, too.
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #77  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good afternoon ladies,

Cellia - on making onederland! Great job. I can't wait to be where you are.

Junebug - Congrats on your 3 pound loss too.

Kaitie - Great job on fitting your 12s

Rosebud - 7 pounds in almost 2 weeks is awesome. Keep up the good work.

My weekend was not too good but I didn't gain any weight and today has been good. On Wed. I will be back to my regular routine so it should be much easier for me. Even though I'm starting a new job, its at the same company with familiar faces so it shouldn't be too stressful. Also, I'll be back at my At Work Weght Watchers meeting

Today's journal
B: Banana
L: Subway Chicken Sub & 1 bag Sun Chips
S: orange, popcorn, 1C skim milk w/Maxwell House Int'l Cafe
D: Greek yogurt
Exercise: Walked 30 mins & WATP 2 Mile Walk

Last edited by GettinFit; 05-13-2013 at 06:53 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Congratulations Cecilia!

OP today. it hard to stick to plan right now, but I did. I have been struggling with sticking to plan lately, hope it gets easier soon!
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #79  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Good evening girls,

SuperCecilia - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you Glad you're liking your new haircut!

RoseRed - TOM is an evil, evil b****, lol!

junebug37 - Yay on losing 3 lbs!

BonnieL - I'm glad you managed to stay OP and I hope it gets easier for you! We're here for support

I was OP yesterday, ran the treadmill and had a full body workout. DH brought back some toffee peanuts and I had a small handful but stayed in my calorie range. I probably could've had more but they weren't that great anyways (and I didn't want any )

Today was 100% as well. We had to go for a brisk 3-mile walk with a stop at McDonald's (no worries, only to use the bathroom ) and that was my exercise for the day.
I had been eying those Yoplait 100 calories Greek yogurts but wasn't sure whether to pick one up or not. Today I finally decided to give it a shot and guess what - I was able to tell that there was sucralose in it. All artificial sweeteners have that certain taste to them that I don't like. It wasn't too bad but I won't be buying those again. I was scared that it was gonna throw me off plan somehow - for example cause cravings - but it didn't, pheww.

Tomorrow is measurement-day. Wednesday my weigh-in, ugghh, I'm scared. I did very well this week with only one slip-up (which was even before my weigh-in last week) but I still feel bloated from TOM (when is it finally gonna end?! ) Yesterday I bought a 48-pack of decaffeinated Green Tea, absolutely love it! So I will be drinking that a lot to hopefully flush out any excess water.

Oh and I totally forgot - my grocery store had a whole carrot cake on sale for $3.99 aaaaaahhhhh I was freaking out!!! Whenever I want it they don't have it - why did it have to be today I wanted it so badly but wasn't thinking twice about not getting it. I had a little 2-min-grumpy-session but hey - I was on plan today and feel great about it, so take that stupid carrot cake!

Until tomorrow, have a great night everyone!

Last edited by Hoopty; 05-13-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #80  

Well! It looks like everyone had a pretty good Monday!

SC: Congrats on getting to onederland!!!

I'm OP for the day and did 90 minutes of wfp.

My husbands internship is officially OVER! Hallelujah! Now on to job hunting. He's very nervous about it. If he doesn't find anything he still has his regular teaching job and he can start looking again next year, no biggie.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Last edited by Kaitie9399; 05-13-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

SuperCecilia - Thank you!! And yes, you definitely should check out the fitdesk. It has really good reviews on Amazon and it's a great way to burn extra calories. I've had one for a while now and it's awesome (except that my laptop is broken but I just watch TV or read when I'm on it now). Also, I remember you mentioned that you were a low carb dieter too, but I might be wrong about that? I found a good low carb forum today called low carb friends, if you haven't heard of it already you should check it out!

GettinFit - Thank you, I'll definitely try to keep it up!

Hoopty - Indeed it is.

By the way, I just want to mention that you girls are all awesome and definitely really encouraging and supportive - so thank you!
I find it's helped a lot having a group to report to and keep me on track! But anyway, I was OP again today.
RoseRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #82  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default See Mondays aren't all bad!!

I was OP for the rest of the day yesterday and plan on staying that way today! Leaving work in about an hour or so and heading to get some sleep! I am so proud of us for a great Monday and I think it's the great start we need to this week!! go us!! Later ladies! Make today count!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #83  

Good morning friends,

Thanks for all the well-wishes about hitting 199.8. I was looking in the mirror this morning and I have to say that I am happier about the way that I look in a t-shirt - of all things! It lays more nicely with less of a stomach pooch. I wasn't totally OP yesterday - I stopped into a small local specialty grocery store and they had day-old bread for free, so I took two small rolls (oh, the risks of going into a grocery store when hungry...) but hey, I didn't take a whole baguette or anything, so could have been worse. I plan on doing lots of yard work today to get some exercise in (that lawnmower is heavy!)

Rosered - yes, I am doing lowish carb (general target is under 100 g carbs a day). It's not as low as a lot of low carbers do, but it seems to be working for me, so that is what I'm sticking with for now. Congrats on being OP!

Kaitie - your long workouts always impress me.

Hoopty - I can't do artificial sweetener either, it leaves a weird taste in my mouth and just doesn't taste good to me. I eat plain greek yogurt and add frozen organic berries and that does the trick for me. Congrats on fighting off that carrot cake!

GettinFit - good luck as you settle into the new job, glad you'll be able to get back to the WW meeting you like.

Bonnie - congrats on OP day!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #84  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Great job to everyone staying OP yesterday. I finally had a good OP day too. I feel so much better and am motivated to have another good OP day. I did 2 workouts yesterday and it felt so good. I'm about to head out to do a walk this morning.

I hope you all have a great OP Tuesday
Old 05-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Getting Fit & well,everyone else too it looks like, Congrats on your OP day!

Hooptie- I get big containers of no fat plain greek yogurt and then take out a single serving and mix frozen berries (without sugar) and add a little dark cocoa powder (again without sugar) and it is like having ice cream (almost) without the sugar and fat. The frozen berries melt a little while you eat it and it is very good.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #86  

Hi Everyone!

OP for the day and only 39 minutes of wfp today. After the last exercise (jack knives) I started feeling woozy and sick so I stopped--ok DH made me stop.

Thanks SuperCecilia--I love the wii fit plus, most of the games don't feel like exercise so it makes it fun to play. I really like the cycling, the kung fu game, and the step routines--and the hula hoops and the yoga...and the...ok I like all of it. :-)

How could I forget!!! Today's a momentous occasion for me---I am officially 30 pounds lighter today than I was on December 31st! Wahoo! Go me! Now to get to the160's!

Here's to a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #87  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Too fast for me!

Sounds like all of you are doing great!! This week has already gone by too fast for me!! My boys are out of school next Friday so here come Summer adventures!! I'm excited for all to come!

Set a mini goal for myself to get to 160 at the weigh in tomorrow! Crossing fingers!

I was OP for Tuesday except for a handful of kettle corn! Working on more movement and exercise at my boys school today at field day! Hope to get a run in before work too! Have a great hump day! LOL!

=5 pounds
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #88  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Happy Wednesday girls!

junebug37 - Crossing fingers with you!

BonnieL - I used to eat it like that too minus the cocoa powder. It's very tasty! I usually just get my grocery store's brand Greek yogurt but haven't been in the mood lately :/

SuperCecilia - I hope the weather was good and you were able to get some yard work/lawnmower-exercise done!

GettinFit - Yay on 2 workouts! Sounds like you were burning some calories

I was 100% OP yesterday even though I started having cravings again later in the day, uughh. DH and I decided to go for a walk but it didn't help, really. So I hopped in the shower and took my time but when I got out....cravings were still there. I ate my dinner, drank a lot of water/green tea and I swear I was so determined not to give in - which I didn't
I wrote down my measurements in the morning and I'm so happy to say that I lost at least 1cm (0.4 inches) everywhere! A little more around the thighs (I guess the leg press/stationary bike is paying off)

I'll check back with everyone later. Today is my weigh-in! Hopefully I'll come back with good news.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #89  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello everyone,

Hoopty - Great job on staying in control last night

Kaitie -CONGRATS on your 30 pound loss

So far so good for me. Yesterday was an OP day and so far today has been good. The scale is back to where it was 3 weeks ago so hopefully, I'm on my way to onederland now.

I hope everyone is having a great OP Wednesday
Old 05-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #90  

Hi friends,

I wasn't totally OP yesterday - I didn't have a mid-morning snack because I wasn't hungry, but I know when I do that that I get super hungry in the afternoon. So I had a healthy snack planned (mashed cauliflower with cream cheese, mmm) but still ate pretzels out of the bag. This is a behavior I know gets me in trouble: being hungry and then eating carby stuff (wheat thins, triscuits, corn chips, whatever) right out of the bag or box. I didn't have a tremendously huge amount, but this is an old habit that I know doesn't serve me. I realize that I've done this once before - gotten under 200 and then started to sabotage myself. Not sure what is behind that, but definitely nipping that in the bud this time! I want to get firmly into the 190s this month and plow on forward to my next minigoal of 189 (out of obese BMI). OP today and took a yoga class this morning. And my forearm muscles are sore today from all my hedge-clipping yesterday - the yard maintenance workout.

Kaitie - 30 pounds gone! Awesome. You are an inspiration.

Hoopty - way to resist the cravings!

Junebug - DBF and I were at a festival this past Sunday and there was kettle corn. So tempting! Good for you for only having a small amount.

Bonnie - I like to add cacao nibs to my greek yogurt and frozen berries. I haven't tried cocoa powder but that sounds good!

GettinFit - keep it up with your workouts.

Tomorrow is my last day at work before heading on a 9 day trip. I will mostly be staying with my parents, who eat really healthfully so I know I'll be able to make healthy choices with them. Also I will be able to be a guest to go along with them to the gym so I can swim laps or do yoga classes or other fitness classes. Will also be eating at other people's houses - my plan is to bring healthy food along to share, so at least I know I'll be able to eat what I bring. And eating out some - the strategy of lean protein and veggies! I'm hoping I can at least maintain 199.8 while I am gone, and hopefully even drop a pound or so. If I get to 198, I'll be at 20 pounds gone!