3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/277534-fat-camp-join-any-time-%2A%2A-set-goals-%2A%2A-accountable-%2A%2A-give-get-support.html)

dangerouscurvesahead 04-04-2013 01:46 PM

Hello Ladies-
Scale this a.m. says 200.6 thats -1lb. so YEA ME!
Ok so the latest news... last summer i started going to a Healthy Eating Class thru a local free clinic. During that 8wk session i lost 24lbs. by counting calories and switching to whole foods my bloodwork numbers were all high except sugar was good. At session end my blood work ups were heading in the right direction at a steady pace, my bp went from 138/86 to 113/68 and my sugar became perfect! I am still doing this and still losing (except my winter gain which im already getting on top of). Anyway...
They are starting a new session but looking to make it a permanant thing and my teacher and the 2 clinic directors have asked me to teach the class! I was a bit hesitant at first since obviously i still have a long way to go BUT i now am thinking that because i will be an active participant as well as a teacher it will be beneficial to all involved. Ill be practicing what i teach! Ill do the weigh-ins and measurements right along with my class and confess my sins and accomplishments right along with them too! Ive learned alot along the way and still have alot to learn so may as well make it a group effort right? What do u ladies think? Does that seem like a positive game plan?

munchey 04-04-2013 09:22 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...y-emoticon.gif
HI EVERYONE!
This week is going by fast. I'm not getting in enough exercise this week, so I need to improve upon that. I've been consistent with my PT exercises for my knees, so that is good. I need to get back into the groove after slacking off because of my knee.

At least I finally got a new microwave. My microwave has been malfunctioning for several months. Moisture would build up and it would lose power. It became like a game, "will I be able to cook this item before I lose power, lol". After making two purchases that I had/have to return, I finally got a new microwave that fits in my cabinetry. I count on my microwave a lot. It was a pain to find one that fits, but I'm glad I have a working one without any problems. The sizing on new microwaves seems to be a bit bigger.

DANGEROUS:
Good Job - Wonderland is within days!

Teaching the class sounds like a great opportunity. Being straight forward with the class at the beginning will probably put you on a peer level. I see it as a unique and positive learning situation - go for it!

AMANDIE:
I'm counting on you to be 165 or under on Sunday!

SINDERELLY & PINK HURRICANE:
It can be tough to get up early in the morning, but I have faith that you ladies can do it. Be sure to get enough sleep, by getting to bed earlier.

Congrats Pink Hurricane on getting back on track.

JEZ:
I hope you find a new home soon. It can be tough to stay with the program while traveling. I'd say stay with whatever works for you. If counting calories send you into a tizzy, then go back to what you were doing. Most often, I don't count my calories in a formal manner. I am aware of the calories in what I am eating and do focus on portion control

Sinderelly 04-04-2013 09:48 PM

Sooo I put on a pair of size 18 jeans tonight.. that when I bought them in December were super snug and I could barely button them (I had to lay on the bed and suck in reaaaaaaallly tight) ... well when I put them on..they were a bit baggy! I can slide them on without unbuttoning them and they are super loose!

*dances* So excited about that!

amandie 04-04-2013 10:27 PM

What the heck?! I'm overweight now, no longer obese?! SO HAPPY!!! :carrot: I also have a pair that I can zip up with no problems that I bought in December (day after Christmas sale), I could barely get them past my hips let alone zip them up. I am so ecstatic, I just realized this overweight thing for the first time tonight.

So happy for your NSV, Sinderelly!!! Such an awesome feeling, isn't it? :carrot:

Joy- I love that! I would totally do it if I was offered an opportunity like that. Go for it, girl!

Munchey- I cannot live without my microwave too! Haha. I sure hope mine doesn't go out like ever because it is attached right above the stove and replacing it would be a pain. *knockonwood* Love the cat GIF, btw.

munchey 04-05-2013 10:42 AM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../cootiegrn.gif

LETS GET MOVING CAMPERS

LETS GET THAT FAT OFF!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...animals_91.gifhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...animals_91.gifhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...animals_91.gif

munchey 04-05-2013 10:49 AM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...y-emoticon.gif
AMANDIE & SINDERELLY:
Good job! It can be inspiring to go shopping in your closet when the scale is moving in the right direction.

Naughty

dangerouscurvesahead 04-05-2013 10:57 AM

Gmornin ladies~
Scale is 200.8 this a.m. (taco bell yesterday). Today is my dd's 14th bday and her party is tomorrow complete with cake, icecream, chips and bonfire foods, hotdogs, marshmallows, graham crackers and oh lord chocolate! Ugh! I can see onederland on the other side waving and sticking its tongue out and laughing at me saying you can't catch me , nanny nanny booboo! Then i become sherman clump stomping my foot and saying over and over "YES. I. CAN. YES. I. CAN!"
Munchey- i admit i dont know how i ever functioned before microwaves lol sounds pityful dont it?!
Amandie- im sending you warm sunny vibes! Congrats on the smaller jeans, amazing how smaller jeans really do make us feel great! Oh and ^5 on being over weight ill be over joyed when i get there!
Sinderelly- Dance away girlfriend like i said smaller jeans are an awesome feeling!
Pink- good luck on the a.m. workouts! Im up @ 6:30 every morning but can not even imagine being that active that early! Im on auto pilot for the 1st 2 hrs at least. (I may rise but i refuse to shine- garfield the cat)
Thanx ladies for the positve input about me teaching! All i keep thinking is ... ill just do what id like to have happen if i was going to the class (which i did and will be doing alot of how my teacher did). Its a 2hr class once a week so my idea is... weigh-ins, the topic of the night (a macronutrient a week), Q &A session

dangerouscurvesahead 04-05-2013 11:09 AM

Oops phone flipped out so ill try to go from here lol. And im thinking the last 15 minutes of class some stretches. Alot of them(me included) will have back, knee problems and just general stiffness and im thinking each week work a different area in hopes of getting them able to move a little better and easier even if its only one day a week that they do it.
So new Q today is... If you were going to take this class what would you like to talk about, learn about and or do? ( i may make a separate thread for this question as well to get lots of ideas and even help me learn more and keep people interested and motivated)

munchey 04-05-2013 01:02 PM

DANGEROUS:
I suggest that on the first day of class you ask the students what they want to get out of the class. You might think through some options that you want to cover and put them on a list and have the students rank them in order of importance to them. If you take this approach, then give them an opportunity to write in something that you might not have thought of.

Best to ask them. You might be surprised on what the majority wants. If you find out on the first day, then when they will likely give you a good rating at the end of the class in regards to what they got out of the class.

Munchey

dangerouscurvesahead 04-06-2013 08:40 AM

Gmornin ladies-
Jez- hope ur app gors thru for the house and your move is as smooth as can be.
Munchey- im going to hand out cards at end of class and ask what theyd like to learn and their goals from/for the class and themselves.
Today is my dd's bday party and ive got lots to do and going to be a long day with a house full of teenage girls. You ladies have a great sunny day!

dangerouscurvesahead 04-07-2013 08:30 AM

SUNDAY...
Scale-201.4 damn bday cake, icecream and chips!
Exercise- i got 5 days of walks in as well as a couple days of yardwork so theres a plus!

GOALS for 4/8/13-4/14/13

*Weight- 199
*get better at staying to daily calorie allowance
*2 days at the gym w/full workouts
*3 days (@ least) of walks
*to be more organized
*to follow thru on my plans better

munchey 04-07-2013 11:02 AM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../PIGS/5564.gif

My actuals for 3-24-13 thru 3-30-13 are:
Current Weight: 221 (Just a couple of ounces shy of 220)
LOSS: 2 pounds
MILES: Didn't count this week
DVDS: Did not meet :( -

WHAT WENT WELL:
I had a bad day yesterday. I even weighed to see what I might expect for this morning. I have to admit, I did feel extra fat and bloated yesterday, so I must have been carrying water weight. Yesterday showed no loss, but this morning showed 2 pounds plus. It served to remind me that our weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds, and it is easy to retain fluids.

I did well with my food this week and was consistent with taking metabolism supplements (green coffee and raspberry ketones). I didn't count mileage because I'm still nursing my knee. I did do my PT knee exercises

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Get in some exercise early in the morning, in addition to the knee PT exercises. Focus on mileage this week and work in an exercise DVD. Work on strategizing my computer/stock market time better

My goals for the week 4-7-13 thru 4-13-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 25 miles - knees permitting
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits

Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less)
Long-term goal: 140 lbs.

munchey 04-07-2013 12:03 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...eExplosion.gif
I had a horrible day yesterday. One of those days when things didn't go right and/or something happened to significantly annoy you. I started the day with jumping on the scale to see how things might go this morning with my weigh in. I was disappointed - the scale didn't show a loss. I even felt fatter than the scale indicated.

A good part of the day, I was extremely irritated. My neighbor across the back from me (our yards are back to back) had his radio amplified with speakers outside for several hours. I asked him to turn it down and he wouldn't. I'm not good at screening out unwanted or annoying sounds. I put on my headphones and listened to my choice of audio, but I couldn't screen out his noise.

I did go to the park with my dog for a walk and that offered some stress relief. I struggled to keep my food in check - I wanted to reach out to food. The only thing that keep me in line was the thought that I had to post my weight today.

I started to have an evening snack of microwave popcorn. I bought a new microwave this week and have only used it for a couple of days (still getting orientated to the times for cooking). I tried microwave popcorn two days ago and used the "Popcorn" button on the microwave. The results weren't optimum and a lot of kernels were left unpopped. So, here I go. I placed a microwave popcorn package in the microwave, put the timer for 3 minutes and stepped away to use the restroom. Unfortunately, the RR trip took the whole 3 minutes. OMG, the whole package had turned into a smoking ball. It appeared as if the insides caught fire. Nothing popped - just black ashes in the interior. When I opened the door of the microwave a huge amount of smoke came out and the whole kitchen was smoky and now the whole house smells like smoke.

The microwave was left with a brown film everywhere. I was so determined to keep it clean - putting paper plate covers over most things to prevent splashes. My microwave now has brown spots impregnated into the plastic interior. I can't get it out. My prior microwave cooked popcorn perfectly at the three minute level. I guess it was lower wattage than my new one. When I was working, we had problems with microwave popcorn getting a burning clump of popcorn in the center, but nothing like what I experienced. The only thing close to it was when one of the engineers dialed in 30 minutes for the cooking time of his popcorn my mistake, lol (you know how that one came out).

BOTTOM LINE:
So, I went with an alternative snack last night, some blackberry sorbet. I guess I was better off NOT having popcorn, lol. When I weighed in the morning, the scale showed I had lost over 2 pounds. I guess I was retaining water yesterday.

My message is, "don't give up". Keep in contact with others and make yourself accountable in some way. If not on this message board or thread, we all need to do it somewhere. Things will go wrong in our lives and on some days, the only thing that may keep you on track is the fact that you have to post your weight tomorrow or the next day, etc.

We have one life to live. It is too short to live it uncomfortably in a fat body. It will never get any easier. As we age and get joint problems, it will get more difficult for us to move. Seize the opportunity and don't give up. We can do this!

Naughty

amandie 04-07-2013 01:00 PM

Hello ladies!

Joy- Aw! I think it could be just a fluctuation, not a real gain! :crossed: for you to get to One-derland!! You are so close!

Munchey- How crazy about the popcorn and I'd have been upset with the brown marks in the new microwave. Popcorn and I are a terrible threesome with the microwave so I just stick with the microwave and other things, lol. Sounds like your neighbor isn't very neighborly, ugh. Congrats on your 2lb loss and on resisting to go to food for comfort!!! Hopefully next Sunday, you'll hit the two-teens!!! :crossed:

Jez- Fingers crossed on that application for the rental house! :)

Sunday (4/7) 166.0 so I basically maintained (water weight?), although I was 165 one time this week. I also did not work out at all this week, although I said I would. It should be better now that spring break is over and all the nieces/nephews are back home.

Goals for 4/7 to 4/13-
WT loss goal- 1lb+
Sun/Tues/Thurs- elliptical trainer, Mon/Wed- lifting and have Fri/Sat off
Keep tracking food intake

I really need someone to ask me if I worked out this week to keep me accountable. I believe I will do it today and keep consistent. My stupid excuse for not working out was "I will be up in water weight! I just wanna keep this 165 trend until Sunday", "I'll be too sore to play darts tomorrow night and won't play well." etc and I ended up being 166 anyway so I figure I should just suck it up and do it!!!

munchey 04-07-2013 01:14 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...omanNew1-1.gif

AMANDIE:
Get exercising! No excuses! Your health and fitness is a lot more important than a dart game!

We are holding you accountable to us all. You need to post your progress daily or post a good reason why not.

Munchey