Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

GettinFit - congrats on your successful weigh-in! I'm sure that feels great.

Lotus - getting back on track on vacation is tough physically and emotionally. By recognizing your emotional eating, you're conscious of it and then are able to make different choices - good for you. Be gentle with yourself and keep on taking the right next step!

On track so far today...and is it my imagination or are this pants not fitting quite so tight on my waist?
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #62  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

SuperCecilia - Great job on your pants getting loose Keep up the great work and you'll soon need to buy smaller ones

I'm feeling good and strong today. One of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight is to lower my blood pressure and not have to take meds anymore. Well today my B/P was way lower than it was 6 weeks ago before I started my journey. It's amazing that losing just 15 pounds would make such a difference. I am so motivated to keep on doing what I'm doing.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #63  
Stay Focused & Committed

Lotus - I missed seeing your post. I hope you are doing better today. For me it's usually a let down when I come back off a nice vacation and I also tend to want to turn to food. I think it's a good idea that you're adjusting your deficit until you can work your way back to where you were.

Hang in there.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #64  

Good Evening Everyone! Wahoo! Tomorrow's Friday!

I am OP and totally loving this Wii Fit Plus. I am now very close to the 180's club. I was 190.4 this morning, I'm hope for at least 190.0 by Saturday which is my official weigh in day (even though I weigh myself everyday morning and night!) but still, in my head it's the 'official' day. :-)

Anyway, FYI there is a time limit on the cycling game on WFP, even if you are pedaling your little heart out to find 20 flags and it takes you forever to find the last one and you're almost there and BOOM! Times up, wah, wah, wah!

Good night! Have a great day tomorrow!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Cecilia and GettinFit - thank you so much for the words of support.

Today was a bit better than yday but Not completely back on plan. I gave into some unhealthy late afternoon snacking and did not do my planned workout. But on the upside, I managed to stick to my eating window and had a healthy lunch. I also got a good walk in before.

So will just take the positive from today and build on that for tomorrow.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #66  

Happy Friday, everybody!

An OP day - I baked mini-muffins today for a meeting that I am helping to host tomorrow. I made them lower-carb (used half flax seed, half whole wheat flour), and added chia seeds and pecans for some good fat and protein. I ate two of the mini-muffins after I pulled them out of the oven. As I was taking them out of the muffin trays, little pieces were left behind which I didn't pop into my mouth mindlessly. It sounds small, but feel like a bit of a victory. I do like to bake but a little nibble here and a little nibble there, especially if it is sweet and/or chocolately (though these weren't) definitely adds up and can be a set-back.

Another small victory of awareness, I wasn't able to get an official workout in today (though I did more walking than usual in the course of my work day) so before dinner unrolled my yoga mat and did half an hour of yoga videos.

I also read a post on another thread reminding me that (with issues like IR and PCOS) just maintaining and not gaining is a win. That was a helpful reminder to keep me from slipping into the desire of wanting to drop weight quickly.

Lotus - congrats on your positive steps and here is to building on them!

Kaitie - congrats on being so close to 190! And I hear you about the compulsive weighing...without going into details, I'll say I'm a part of that club, too.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #67  

Hi Ladies.

Cecilia - not taking those nibbles is a good step. I'm not baking so much these days, but I could always judge how far I'd come with good eating habits by how long I stared at the cake/cookie/etc batter before deciding to wash out the bowl and avoid a disaster.

Today was SO much better for me. I'm actually not feeling the craving/out of controlness that I felt for the past few days. So maybe it was something hormonal since I'm also taking some medication but boy was it frustrating.

I was not totally OP today in terms of the deficit, but at about 360 kcals. However I did get in a good amount of walking and my planned skating session. I also stuck to my two planned meals quite easily instead of snacking throughout my eating window. So huge step today. Tomorrow I will just keep building on today and try to bring down the calories slightly at each meal...almost back!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #68  

:-) Good Evening Everyone! My cherubs were off the wall today, excited about the lesson but boy they just would not close their mouths! and I had to seriously yell at a kid today. I haven't had to do that in years. He left rehearsal during our break after I told him 'no', ran home, got his snacks and came back. He was gone for 20 minutes. I was freakin' out, I had to call the principal and everything. I should mention that this is an 9 year old kid. Not happy.

Putting aside the woes my of job; I was a flat 190 today, I met my goal a day early (wahoo!). Now I'm mentally preparing myself for it to be ok if the scale reads something other than 189.8 tomorrow. John made dinner and putting Italian seasoning and salt on the rice. *crosses fingers* I hope it doesn't mess things up. I did an hour of wii fit plus and most of that was step aerobics, cycling, and running so high calorie burners.

OP and ready for Saturday. (and a major vacation!)
Old 03-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #69  

Kaitie - congrats on 190! way to go!

Lotus - congrats on your deficit, and on your positive steps forward. And I know hormones can throw everything from appetite to mood to motivation to energy off...sometimes I use the mantra of "it's just my hormones" to keep myself from thinking I'm going nuts.

I'm back from my morning meeting. I had one mini-muffin balanced with a handful of sunflower seeds, a cup of coffee, and 1/2 a serving of crackers balanced with a piece of cheese for my mid-morning snack. (Linked and balanced carbs and protein, ka-ching!) There was a lunch served afterwards - an egg/orzo/veggie/cheese frittata type thing served with a big green salad. Dessert was a piece of cake topped with sliced strawberries - I had about two strawberries and didn't touch the cake.

It's impossible to know for sure, but I think it's reasonable to assume the total carbs between the orzo in the fritatta and the two strawberries was 30 g or below. And of course lots of good protein with the eggs to balance those carbs. I walked away feeling satisfied and full enough, and certainly not stuffed. Feels good to have navigated a meal made by someone else in a situation I didn't create or control.

I did some yoga and hula-hooping this morning, and headed out to the pool in about an hour to swim laps!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #70  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello everyone and happy Saturday.

All is going good with me. No food challenges today. Sticking with my Points and exercise.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #71  

Wahoo!!!! 189.2 at 6:30 this morning and 188.6 at 8:30!!!!!

So happy!!!! I'm almost to 20 pounds gone---and I managed to button up my super cool white winter jacket that hasn't fit me in ages! Now, I'm not ready to wear it yet, well I don't think I can actually move in it but still! I can get it on!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #72  

Go Kaitie !!! Great job on breaking into the 180s. I love that you weighed in two hours later "just to pinch yourself"...hahaha.

Today was just ok for me. I did not have a deficit but I did keep to my eating window. I had a great lunch planned and then I just gave into a craving impulsively (can't even explain it) which kind of ruined my mojo. But I just accepted it and told myself to just keep moving forward at the next meal.

So frustrating when you get off track in the first place...I'm realizing that I may have to 'white knuckle' it for a few days to get rid of the cravings. What do you guys do when the sugar/trigger foods are calling your name?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #73  

Thanks Lotus! To answer your question about dealing with cravings: I just think about how upset I'll be the next morning if I step onto the scale and it doesn't show a number lower than yesterdays.

I'm OP for today and as soon as my blanket is dry I'm heading to bed! I had to force myself not to do WFP today, I need to let my body rest---even though I was I wanted to play so bad!

Here's hoping for a good week. I scheduled rehearsals during conferences so hopefully my boss won't yell at me. *eek!*

180 flat....you're only 9 pounds away and I'm determined to get there a.s.a.p. I have a bunch of clothes that I want to wear before the weather gets warm.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #74  

Good advice Kaitie. I think envisioning that cookie as a big obstacle to my goal will keep it right on the store shelf.

Great news for me today. Not only did I stay OP but I had a deficit of just over 700 calories!!! I ate OP went for a nice walk and it was pretty easy besides convincing myself to go out into the cold weather. Its been almost a week since I've seen these numbers which I guess isn't that long but a day seems like a year when you are waiting for something to happen.

I'm just really relieved and I know that if I can do it once, I can do it 1000x. I just need to take it one day at a time.

I hope the rest of the weekend was good for everyone.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #75  

Happy Monday morning everybody! Awoke today to snow falling...hoping that spring comes soon.

Good news - the scale said 213.0 this morning - down .4 pounds. Which means I have hit the five pounds gone mark. I had a big "whoosh" of lost when I first started and then have been pretty much stalled for two weeks, so it is encouraging to see a lower number and know that things are moving in the right direction! I've decided when I hit my first goal of 199 I am going to get my hair cut.

Yesterday was another on plan day with an hour of dance for exercise. Off to a good start today as well. Wishing everyone a great week!