Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #16  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone,

Steph - It's good to have you back. I hope you are back in your groove very soon. How is your job going?

Welcome back to the March challenge Lotus, Rachel & Katie. I hope we all have another good month.

Crow - Congrats on getting off to a great start and resisting the chocolate cupcakes.

Marty
- I usually workout after work in the early evening during the week and on the weekend, it's usually around mid day when I workout.

Last night I went out to dinner with friends and I did very good with my eating and only used a few weekly bonus Points. Today has been very good too and I'm about 8 points under and I've had dinner. I also bundled up and did a 3 mile walk today. I gotta stay on this roll

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and stay OP
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #17  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Crow, chocolate has such a strong voice, doesn't it? Good for you for resisting. I do believe the theory that willpower is like a muscle: the more you use it, the stronger it gets. (The downside of that is, if you have to use it a lot you get tired. So that's why it's good to reduce temptation.)

GettinFit, it's still too cold up here for me to walk outside. Maybe another month! My new job is okay, not great, but I'm feeling better about it lately. It was a hard transition for me and I'm not great at change, but I'm trying to be positive.

I had a decent day today. I thought about sleeping in but got up and did an hour with Leslie Sansone. I like her 5-mile fat burning program and jog through as much of it as I can, so it's a great calorie burn. The only meal I've had is lunch but it was pretty big - turkey sub, chips, and chocolate cookies, egad! I'm hoping I netted to maintenance level.

I sucked it up and got on the scale this morning - 141. Ugly, but not as bad as I thought it might be. My scale was acting crazy, though, and said 135 at first which I knew was impossible! So I'm hoping the 141 is accurate.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

OK day today. My calorie deficit was only about 500 which I accept since I'm travelling and don't always have control over the food. We were on the road a good part of the day and there is a tropical storm so not a lot of walking. Plus its vacation so you can be a little lax. My average for the week is still still around 750 which keeps me at the 1.5 pound weekly loss mark in theory.

I did manage to get in a short bodyrock workout in before we hit the road this morning and beat my old record so I was pumped about that. Tomorrow we have two monster hikes planned so I think I can push my average deficit up a bit if I don't overcompensate on the food.

Marty - as far as the deficit goes, I just figured out my BMR, around 1400 kcal and work from there. I try to create a 500 kcal deficit with the food, so eating around 900 kcal daily and burning off about 500 kcal daily through exercise. Sometimes I eat more (like social events) and have higher exercise days or follow with a lower eating day. So not everyday is the same, but I try to balance it out over 7-10 days.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #19  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

Steph - I'm glad your weigh in wasn't as bad as you thought. Hang in there and follow your plan and you'll be back down before you know it. I'm glad the job is better.

Lotus - Great job on your workout yesterday and enjoy your hikes.

So far so good for me today. I did a 2 mile WATP DVD and eating has been good.

I hope everone else is doing good.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Quick check in. I have a crazy headache going on right now, but I really need to work out.

I saw no loss this week, which I am fairly disappointed about. But I saw no gain either, so that's good.

I've been snacking way too much lately. I plan to take back control this week...which will probably go out the window again on Saturday because my in-laws and friend are coming into town for my engagement party and the menu is all my favorite stuff!

But, one day at a time! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Let's have a good Monday!
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #21  

Hey all.

GettinFit - how are the WATP dvds? Since I'm trying to get in a walk daily, I'm thinking of using these on a rainy day.

Rachel - I know the social events can be a bit intimidating. One thing I've found that works to keep my consumption in check is to keep busy, either serving/preparing food or keeping conversation going. If you are engaging people, they don't really notice if you're eating of how much. Hope that helps.

The weather was not fabulous today but we did get in one good hike at least in the afternoon. It was a beautiful walk through the Monteverde cloud forest so that was my workout for today. Eating was not great. I had some breakfast which I don't usually have b/c we were expecting to hike in the a.m., then a big lunch and dinner, as well as some snacking post hike. I wasn't thrilled with it and did not meet my deficit goal, but luckily the length and intensity of the hike as well as the deficit that I built up over the week more than neutralized the damage. Back on track tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #22  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

Rachel - I hope your headache goes away and I hope you have a great week and see a loss soon. Hang in there.

Lotus - I enjoy the WATP DVDs. I get bored easily so I mix them up with lots of other DVDs when I can't get out to walk.

It's been a good day for me and I'm doing good with my Points and exercise. Today I brought my workout clothes with me to work and I plan to walk before going home. I'm so glad the evenings are getting longer and I have more daylight

I hope everyone else has a great OP Monday!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello all! I am a newbie and looking for some accountability and support, and this seems like a good thread for it. I am 32, live in Central Virginia - I have lost weight before and have gained some back recently and trying to nip it in the bud. I have insulin resistance and an underactive thyroid but NOT using that as an excuse - I can do my best with what I've got and make healthy choices! My goals for March:

1) To follow the Insulin Resistance Diet plan - basically linking and balancing carbs, and limiting carbs
2) I would like to get down to 212 by the end of March, but I think following the eating plan is more important than the number on the scale.
3) I commit to doing some kind of workout five days a week - brisk walking, jogging, dancing, yoga. Also, I'm trying to make my daily life more active (getting up from my desk, walking around while I talk on the phone, etc) so my exercise isn't just from my official workout.
4) I commit to checking in at least four days a week. I don't have internet at home and I don't have a smartphone (I know, kind of unbelievable to some!) so it's tough for me to get online every day, which is why I think shooting for 4 days a week is best.

So far I have been on track the last few days and am actually kind of excited to hop on the scale tomorrow morning.

Thanks everybody! I look forward to making it a wonderful March with you all! We can do it!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #24  

SuperCecilia!

Op for the day.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #25  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Too many carbs the last couple of days (I baked cookies) but otherwise not too bad. I'm feeling more positive so I'm hoping for a good week.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #26  
Stay Focused & Committed

SuperCecilia

I hope you have a great month and I look forward to hearing about your successes.

I'm ending the day very good. I am 4 Points under so far and I did a very hilly 3 mile walk today.

I hope you all had a good day too.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello all,

Thanks for the welcome! I'm happy to report that this morning the scale said 213.4. For the last month or so the scale has been fluctuating between 216 and 219 or so. I realize this kind of whoosh is normal at the beginning of starting a program, so I certainly don't expect this kind of loss every week. Really, I would be happy to lose a pound a week. Plus, I have been fighting the flu which means I've had less of an appetite, which certainly makes it easier not to overeat. But still, lower numbers are lower numbers, and I am happy for it.

Now that I am paying attention to carb numbers and am seeking to eat no more than 30 g of carb per meal, it makes me realize how much "healthy" foods I have been eating are still too high in carbohydrate for someone with insulin resistance. A big bowl of oatmeal with berries and almonds is a healthy breakfast with lots of fiber and antioxidants and all the rest, but if I don't watch the portions it can easily be 50 g of carbs or more, and not high enough in protein to keep it balanced. So this morning had a smaller portion of oatmeal and added some extra protein with chia and flax seed along with almond butter.

Steph - glad you are feeling positive. Yes, it is so easy to overdo carbs (as I am discovering!)...I love to bake and that is a challenge for me, too.

GettinFit - congrats on the hilly walk and being low on your points.

Lotus - your hike in the cloud forest sound amazing!

Crow - kudos to you for saying no to the chocolate cupcakes!

Happy Tuesday! For those of us in the mid-west and mid-atlantic, here's hoping the snow doesn't cause any problems.
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #28  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

SuperCecilia - Congrats on a great start I hope you get rid of the flu.

Steph - Glad you're feeling more positive and things are going better for you.

So far so good for me. I'm following my eating plan for today and I'm planning to do a WATP or Firm workout today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #29  

Hello ladies. Sorry for the absence yesterday but I had no internet access at my hostel.

Cecilia - Welcome to the board!! I'm feeling you on the oatmeal-carb dilemma. I recently had to reduce my portions because I realized how much carbs it was along with the chopped up fruit I was putting in there. I'm also playing around with the idea of adding egg whites for more protein.

Yesterday was a good day. I kept OP with my eating and had a deficit of around 750. I'm not sure if the 900/1000 will be reachable but maybe I can be a bit more strict once I get back from vacation. Right now I can't stress about it.

I was not able to get my planned workout in because our room was so small. I would have either broken my foot or broken the door. So, DBF and I took a nice walk the town for about an hour and a half. I will make time to get it in today.

Will report back this evening with todays update.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #30  
Onward & Downward

Hey all. This is the first chance I've had to jump in for the month. So far despite 4 days in Vegas going waaay off plan I'm doing well weight wise. I was shocked to see a loss today. Hopefully it won't catch me next week. :P

My goals for March are to stay OP and keep exercising at least 6x per week I will try to jump in on this thread every couple of days (more if things are active but in Feb. I found some of the time I'd come and find I'd posted only 1 or 2 posts up).

My one obstacle for the month is that it includes a trip to my daughter's in CA for a few days via plane. I'll try to stay OP there as much as possible and keep exercising but I will allow myself a bit of leeway.

Keep up the good work everyone! We can do this!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote