Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey Ladies!
I'm still hanging in there! I had a rough morning but tracking and back on track. I had to have my IUD removed somewhat unexpectedly this morning and I'm just feeling like poo! Hopefully at some point I will learn that junk food doesn't cure all ills!
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #137  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Thanks GettinFit and Kaitie!

There's not much to update on my end. I had a great exercise class on Monday and I'm going again tonight. I went grocery shopping last night and I had about 75% produce items. That's so funny to me when I think about what I used to buy.

Have a great day!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #138  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

GettinFit, enjoy your guests. I know it's hard to stay on plan when your routine gets disrupted, but have fun!

I've been eating way too much at night lately. I know it's a reaction to feeling anxious and upset, and that not eating would make me feel better about myself, but it's been a losing battle. I'm wondering if I could get some anti-anxiety medication to help me get through this transition, something with fewer calories than chocolate!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #139  

Sorry your so stressed Steph! I sat in the sauna at the gym today for the very first time and I seriously became so relaxed that I almost fell asleep--and I was only in there for 10 minutes! Maybe try some relaxation techniques, yoga or a super hot shower or a sauna.

I'm OP but annoyed. You'd think that burning MORE calories during my workout yesterday would have yielded a LOWER number on the scale--but no. I guess I should be satisfied that at least it didn't go up. But it's annoying. I worked my butt of yesterday--513 calories burned off with almost a 1500 calorie deficit in my eating, that stupid number should've gone down.

I'm also tired of pushing a freakin' cart from classroom to classroom. I'm TRYING to be patient knowing that they cleaned out all the mold, put in new lights and a new ceiling and that they just have to finish the floor but it's killing me, they are only working on it on the weekends. Apparently last weekend it took them 16 hours to get the varnish off the floor and to sweep up the dirt. It's only going to take one day to put in the darn floor--seriously, I've done it in every room in my house I could do it faster than they are. I'm going crazy.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #140  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

SO BUSY... I fail at January. Been doing good with my healthy breakfasts, and tracking my water... my walking, squats, and other various exercises have just not been happening as often as I'd like. It got super cold (I'm in TEXAS it's not supposed to get cold!), hubby got sick, I got busy with my second job, etc. And time ran away from me. BOO. But I've been eating less because of the busy, so that is a plus.

In other news, Lane Bryant - Cacique bras are buy 2 get 2 free right now, so if you are in need of boobie holders, it's a good time to get them!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #141  

Somehow I managed to eat 1400 calories today and I'm officially not a happy camper. Pushing a freakin' cart from classroom to classroom is driving me crazy. Junk falls off my cart every time I move it. I have no place to put anything, I can't be the teacher that I want to be pushing my lessons from one classroom to the next. It's driving me crazy, I said that already. That's a sign of insanity, saying the same thing over and over again.

I'm also frustrated that my scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd like. I worked my freakin' butt off on Tuesday and the scale went up. My asthma is bugging the daylights out of my while I'm exercising, I feel like I can't catch my breathe and get a satisfying breathe. I take my inhaler and it doesn't help until AFTER I've suffered through the cardio and then of course I'm coughing like crazy during strength training. I tried taking my inhaler way before exercising so it could work, but no, that didn't work either.

It's just a bad week.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies, so as you can tell my goal of posting on here every few days is not working...I might have to make it weekly. I have been checking in to read, but usually when I am on the computer I am nursing. Even right now I am typing with one hand. So, reading is much easier than responding at this point!

I've been doing okay...cannot wait to be officially released by the Dr so I can really start working out. I've been walking about 2 1/2 miles weekdays with the baby in a snuggli, but that just doesn't feel like enough. I want to start running again! But scale is down another pound so it must be working

GirlieJayhawk -- sorry about your IUD. Hope you feel better soon and there were no long term complications!

SunnySide99 -- I think exactly the same thing when I shop! Except for when I go with the hubby, cuz he still loads the cart with junk food

Kaitie9399 -- sorry about your week...hope it gets better and the whoosh fairy visits you soon!

Gettinfit--Have fun with your company!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

hey everyone, still OP here. i think my 10 pound loss was a fluke! lol...the next day i weighed myself and was up most of the weight. then i stepped on the scale a bunch of times and got different readings. i checked and my digital scale was missing one of the small rubber balances on the back side. nonetheless i weighted myself on my old scale to compare, and just took the lowest reading since it matched the non digital scale. i still like the electric scales bc i like getting the reading to the gram! lol...i ordered a new electric scale and hopefully ill get it after the weekend. anyway, besides that ive been doing pretty good. been so busy at work it helps a lot with cravings! the worst is evenings and weekends. me and hubby love to have a glass of wine while we relax, which leads to snacking. so im planning to skip it this weekend, and save it for a more occasional time. wishing everyone a nice weekend!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #144  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi everyone,

Just a quick check in to say that I'm hangin in there with my company. It's hard but I'm not going crazy because I don't want to undo all my hard work. We're going out to dinner tonight and I've already looked up the menu online and I know that I'm having grilled salmon & veggies & no dessert. I realize that these challenges are going to come up and I'll just do the best I can. I'll catch up on everyone's posts later and I hope you all have a great weekend.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Hey Girls!!

Just checking in, still OP and down TEN pounds since new years as of this morning! So stoked!

Also, wore jeans today that I haven't been able to zip in about 2 years!
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #146  

Wahoo! Great job GirlieJayHawk!!! That's fantastic!

I am OP today, actually I'm a little under on my calories. I'm going to be starving tomorrow morning!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #147  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Yikes! Ive been sick Very close to flu-like sick. I'm feeling better now, though I still have a bit of a cough. I've had a real itch to start running, but I don't want to make this cough worse so i'm going to have to wait. Sunday I was 3.5 lbs down. Tomorrow is weigh in day again and i'm hoping for some more loss! I hope everyone here has been doing well and is having a good weekend!
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

ok i just wrote a seriously long reply explaining everything and i hit the wrong button and it disappeared

on that note i will talk during the week, everything is pretty crap here moving house wed so i will be less stressed after and hopefully the DAM scales will move.. they are not moving and i am seriously putting in the effort..

will be back Thurs with a more positive attitude..
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #149  

OP. Made a super flavorful soup for dinner tonight, it's my first soup ever. I'm not really good at cooking but I'm trying to learn. I like to eat out because it tastes so good, too bad it's always packed with salt. So, if I can manage to cook good things at home I won't want to eat out. I actually think that I'm under calories for today which isn't a good thing so we'll see.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #150  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

I'm so glad to be back to posting! I had a great time with my guests but I am so ready to be back to my routine of eating & exercising. I didn't go completely crazy with my eating but it was more than normal and I didn't get in any workouts. We ate out a lot and today I'm feeling really bloated so I will be drinking lots of water. I really want to make my end of January goal of 219.

Rachel - I hope you're feeling better today.

Curly - I hope your move goes well and we look forward to hearing from you on Thursday.

Kaitie - I agree with you on the salty food when you eat out. We ate out a lot over the past 5 days and everything was so salty and I'm feeling it now because I am salt sensitive.

I hope everyone else is doing okay. Let's all try and finish the month out strong WE CAN DO IT!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote