3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   ChaLEAN Extreme Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/269058-chalean-extreme-challenge.html)

SunnySide99 11-04-2012 05:08 PM

Hey Angie! I couldn't stay away...was planning to take a day off (Burn Intervals doesn't make me sore the next day), but I decided to go ahead and get Burn Circuit 3 done! I actually look forward to lifting and power walking (my other workout). Have a good night!!

SunnySide99 11-07-2012 12:07 PM

I did Burn Circuit 1 today. Great workout! I think of all of the circuits this is my favorite one. I sweat and I'm out of breathe more in this one compared to the other 2. My favorite move is the bench press while lifting the legs on and off the floor.

How are things coming along for you Angie?

angieand2girls 11-07-2012 09:00 PM

Hi SunnySide! Wow, that's my favorite move too!! I LOVE that one! I also like the sumo squat with bicep curls (Burn Circuit 2) because I love working my biceps.

Things are still going great for me with Chalean. I am in Week 3 and tomorrow I do Burn Circuit 2. I actually get excited to do my heavy lifting! So far so good! After one more week, I get to move on to a new phase! :D

SunnySide99 11-08-2012 12:06 PM

Nice! Glad to hear things are still going well! How much do you lift with your biceps? I wonder what's the heaviest I can go.

I am a couple of days behind you. I start the next phase on the 21st! So excited!

Thanks again for joining...it's really nice to have someone to chat with while completing the program!

I have a ton of energy today so I may try to squeeze in Burn Intervals this afternoon, but I'm on to Burn Circuit 2 tomorrow.

angieand2girls 11-09-2012 11:33 PM

I lift 20lbs with my biceps. It's a good weight for me because anything less and I won't fatigue between 10-12. Although I fatigued around 12, I don't feel soreness in my biceps hardly ever lol. Weird.

I'm glad to have you to chat with too!! I've been REALLY loving lifting. I had no idea that it could make me huff and puff and sweat like cardio! It's great! And I love feeling so strong. I'm doing Burn Circuit 3 tomorrow and I'll have one more week of Burn Circuits!

Are you noticing any changes in your body yet?

SunnySide99 11-12-2012 01:47 PM

Hey Angie!

20 lbs for bicep work is quite impressive!!!

Same here - I had no idea I would be sweating and out of breathe just by lifting!

Changes in my body since starting the program:

I am getting smaller all around with a tigher torso, my neck/collarbone area is looking great and "athletic-like" and my neck muscles are stronger, there's a reduction in my love handles/back fat (almost gone!! yay!!!!!), I'm building lovely visible muscle in my upper back, arms and legs.

Also I have lost an inch in my right arm in 3 weeks and .75 in my left arm and lastly...I CAN DO PUSH UPS! I've never been able to do 1 push up on my toes in my entire life! Now I can do 6 or 7 in row!

I am doing other workouts in conjunction with this program. Those helped/are helping me to burn layers of fat on my body, but I feel lifting is bringing everything together and really shaping and changing my body. I can't wait to see where the Push Phase takes me!

By the way I'm up to 15 lbs handweights now and used them for the first time yesterday (I can really feel the difference!) I'm getting 20 lbs for the next Phase and I'm looking forward to when I can get to that point!

Have you noticed any changes in your body?

angieand2girls 11-12-2012 02:47 PM

Wow! Those are GREAT changes!!! You are doing awesome! I'm noticing that my waist is coming in a lot. I also see obvious definition in my arms (the bicep and triceps) and my shoulders are really firm! I can't see any muscles in my thighs yet (they carry most of the fat on my body it seems), but I feel them and they are smaller and feel stronger.

I couldn't believe it when I did my first plank push up too! I remember when I started Insanity back in July, there was NO WAY I could do one. The progress I've seen has been tremendous!

We are kicking butt! :D

strutter5150 11-13-2012 12:05 AM

Hey everyone! I have this week left of Insanity and I'll be on board! :) I am wondering if I should invest in some new weights? I currently have 3, 5, 8, and 10 lb sets, of which I know I'll probably be starting with the 8 if not the 10...possibly more. I haven't picked up my lighter weights in at least a year.

Are any of you using adjustable dumb bells? The clutter that more sets of weights is going to make might just drive me more insane than Insanity did. :) I'm trying to weigh out (pardon the pun) the options and the prices between investing in a few more heavier individual sets or biting the bullet and buying the adjustables.

SunnySide99 11-13-2012 11:48 AM

Thanks Angie! I'm glad you are noticing some changes. We are doing great and most importanly being consistent! I remember reading reviews on other sites and it seems like most reported that their waist was one of the first places they saw a difference. Maybe pushing the heavier weights causes the core to engage which leads to a smaller/tigher waist? By the way I need much more work in my triceps. There is a great move in Burn Intervals I'm going to start rewinding and repeating.

Hey strutter! Angie uses adjustable weights. I have 3, 5, 12, 15 and soon to be 20 lbs weights and I double up the 3 and 5's to make 8 lbs. If I didn't already have the weights I would have just invested in adjustables.

I think you're going to need at least 2 heavier sets to get through the entire program. 10 lbs will not be enough to make you fatigued with some of the moves. There are some lower body moves where you will be surprised by how much weight you can push.

Looking forward to you joining us! :)

angieand2girls 11-13-2012 09:30 PM

Hi strutter! Welcome to the Chalean club! :D I also do Insanity too ;)

Like SunnySide said, I have the adjustable weights. I LOVE them! I believe they were a great investment. I have the Selectech ones which cost me $300 but I think there are some other brands out there that are cheaper. But these are great! I also think you will need heavier weights than 10 lbs. You probably won't feel a thing when it comes to the lower body moves, especially since you've been doing Insanity. For lower body Chalean moves, I need at least 25 lbs in each hand.

Great job for making it this far with Insanity!!! :D

SunnySide99 11-16-2012 03:19 PM

I'm still going strong. I'm starting Phase 2 on Wednesday and I can not wait. I never thought I would ever be this excited to workout. LOL

I went through all of the circuits last night and it looks really good and challenging. :)

strutter5150 11-16-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnySide99 (Post 4527607)
Thanks Angie! I'm glad you are noticing some changes. We are doing great and most importanly being consistent! I remember reading reviews on other sites and it seems like most reported that their waist was one of the first places they saw a difference. Maybe pushing the heavier weights causes the core to engage which leads to a smaller/tigher waist? By the way I need much more work in my triceps. There is a great move in Burn Intervals I'm going to start rewinding and repeating.

Hey strutter! Angie uses adjustable weights. I have 3, 5, 12, 15 and soon to be 20 lbs weights and I double up the 3 and 5's to make 8 lbs. If I didn't already have the weights I would have just invested in adjustables.

I think you're going to need at least 2 heavier sets to get through the entire program. 10 lbs will not be enough to make you fatigued with some of the moves. There are some lower body moves where you will be surprised by how much weight you can push.

Looking forward to you joining us! :)

Thank you! :) Are you able to keep good form doubling up? I've done that with other programs but with the slow lift, I wasn't sure if I'd make it. The last time I did a leg press at the gym I was pressing 90 lbs (could do 100 but lost form too quickly) so it sounds like maybe I'd better suck it up and spend the money! lol

strutter5150 11-16-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieand2girls (Post 4528221)
Hi strutter! Welcome to the Chalean club! :D I also do Insanity too ;)

Like SunnySide said, I have the adjustable weights. I LOVE them! I believe they were a great investment. I have the Selectech ones which cost me $300 but I think there are some other brands out there that are cheaper. But these are great! I also think you will need heavier weights than 10 lbs. You probably won't feel a thing when it comes to the lower body moves, especially since you've been doing Insanity. For lower body Chalean moves, I need at least 25 lbs in each hand.

Great job for making it this far with Insanity!!! :D

Thank you! :) I am in a mix of shock and pleasure that I am actually going to finish! lol

Those are the ones I was looking at! Hopefully Santa is nice to me this year! ;) I figure by the time I buy the additional sets I need, I might as well just invest a few bucks more and get everything I need at once because I WILL need even heavier when this is all done!! :D

angieand2girls 11-17-2012 11:27 PM

Hi everyone!

So I finished my 4 weeks of Burn Circuits today! Yay! Next week starts PUSH!! I'm so excited! For some reason, when I was doing Burn Circuit 3 today, I sweated more than ever. It was crazy! It looked like someone had dumped a bucket of water on my face and upper body LOL! But I felt sooooooo good afterwards.

I hope you ladies are hanging in there! :)

SunnySide99 11-19-2012 01:14 PM

Hey strutter - yes my form is good now that I am stronger. I have long fingers though, so I think that makes things easier for me. lol Maybe there will be sales on the adjustable weights this weekend or on Cyber Monday? Try to keep your eyes open. :)

Angie - that's funny you mentioned this. I too finished Burn Circuit 3 yesterday and it was more intense than usual. I think it's because my legs are stronger so I'm able to go further with the lunges and squats than before and there are a lot of squats and lunges in that program.

Let us know how the first day of the second phase go for you!